Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Martial Arts - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Martial Arts (53162 Views)

Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures / Mixed Martial Arts UFC 145 Result Jon Jones Vs Rashad Evans Pictures / Promoting Mixed Martial Arts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martial Arts by Renz(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2009
Muki, Whats up??
Re: Martial Arts by mukina2: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2009
Renz i dey oh grin
Re: Martial Arts by Renz(m): 8:17am On Jul 09, 2009
Set a thief to catch a thief?? lai lai, they will both runaway with the money

1 Like

Re: Martial Arts by mukina2: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2009
naa they wont, both will want to act smart grin
Re: Martial Arts by Renz(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2009
One person go kill the other carry the money run ooh
Re: Martial Arts by tayoccu(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2009
you guys are still @ it?

let me guess you guys didn't fight.
Re: Martial Arts by flynA12: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2009
btw which of these trainers are in maryland, lagos. i need one close to my current location
Re: Martial Arts by Renz(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2009
@flynA1/2,

Pls check page 1 of this thread
Re: Martial Arts by Renz(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2009
Hello MUki,

Whats Up?

I am back from Leave kiss
Re: Martial Arts by mukina2: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2009
aww ok i misssed you kiss tongue
Re: Martial Arts by Renz(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
Muki, I'm still here Guess the Movie i Watched on Xmas Day
Re: Martial Arts by mukina2: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2009
kungfu king? tongue
Re: Martial Arts by anobscase(m): 5:17am On Dec 29, 2009
I started studying Kung-Fu, later joined Tae-Kwondo when i was in school because of lack of Kung-Fu Clases.

I think Tae-Kwon-do is good when you want to be a good Kicker,
Karate is good for Hand and Powerfull strikes
Kung-Fu is a Balalnced game.Teaches you how to control your mind when fighting.
Re: Martial Arts by joeyfire(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
I just got an instructor in the art of Jeet Kun Do (''Way of the intercepting fist''). It was developed by Bruce Lee as a hybrid fighting style to project the personal strengths of the fighter . I just started and its mindblowingly hard and at the same time strangely relaxing
Re: Martial Arts by Kratos007(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
with the way it is now in the nigerian martial arts world, you probably have to learn about 2 or 3 different arts to become a balanced all-round fighter. my advice would be for one to start with karate, then move over to judo. dont waste your time with taekwondo. that's a shitty martial art. take the word of an expert for it. i happen to be highly skilled in karate(3rd dan black belt), with a black also in taekwondo(what a waste) and a brown in judo. right now i'm scouring the net for materials on vale tudo. now that's one bad ass, no holds barred full contact martial art form

1 Like

Re: Martial Arts by bigbasho: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2010
why would you condemn taekwondo like that? i think i prefer it to karate. can you just gimmie a good reason for that? although am just a beginner. do you think i should abandon tkd for karate. i wil appreciate if you can directly write to my mail. engrbasholatunjiee@yahoo.com
Re: Martial Arts by anobscase(m): 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2010
Tae Kwon Do is a sports and doesnt really apply to real life combats.Karate is balanced and is good for self defense.Besides, all TKD practitioners i know are only good kickers but cannot defend well.Their hand technique is zero.Open you eyes, you can practise karate and TKD at the same time, then tell me which one is the best
Re: Martial Arts by bigbasho: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2010
i use to think a kick has more strenght that hand strike thats why i prefer taekwondo. well i will give both a try. thanks man for the advise. i appreciate
Re: Martial Arts by Kratos007(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2010
bigbasho:

i use to think a kick has more strenght that hand strike thats why i prefer taekwondo. well i will give both a try. thanks man for the advise. i appreciate

trust me, though kicks are more powerful than punches as a rule, you have far more versatility with your hands, added to the fact that your hands are faster. there are literally hundreds of different hand striking combinations that can be used to a lethal effect. i only studied taekwondo because karate was'nt allowed in nuga games. besides, if you have the misfortune of fighting with 3 or 4 guys, would you rather kick than punch your way out of it? i and almost every other martial artist would prefer their feet firmly on the ground while dishing out holy hell with clenched fists grin grin grin
Re: Martial Arts by Phermcy(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2010
Anyone pls tell me where shotokan&tae kwan do dojos 're located at in areas of yaba,surulere,ejigbo, jakande estate(isolo),idimu
Re: Martial Arts by greenhope(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
Pls, does any know any Dojo or karate training ground around Lasu Ojo Area
Re: Martial Arts by synaptium: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2010
Guys am tired of being harrassed and bullied. I have a small body and i need to learn maritial arts for defense. i dont want to kill or hurt anyone but i want to be able to defend myself.
I am in ibadan,oyo state. Please where can i learn?

Please help,
Re: Martial Arts by Djhon(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2011
i am currently practicing kickboxing in portharcourt,my grade is yellow  belt 2 go 2 orange or a higher belt
Re: Martial Arts by DAce1: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
hey'all
i'm looking for a good karate dojo in port harcourt. Any suggestions?
Re: Martial Arts by Djhon(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2011
cal me on:07068544547@d ace
Re: Martial Arts by DAce1: 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2011
oh yeah ,
and I need it to be in G.R.A II , within walking distance
Re: Martial Arts by Djhon(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
then,u wuld need an instructor dat u wuld av 2 pay 2 come over 2 ur place if u dont mind.if u ar interested,i hav got one.he is a black belter under sensei victor bassey,my sensei and he learned almost all forms of martial arts right 4rm wen he was small.d ones i knw he practiced is karate,kickboxing,boxing and he is also got an idea in gymnastics@D.ace
Re: Martial Arts by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2011
NAME: BRIGGS T.D.

MAIN STYLE: SHOTOKAN

OTHER STYLES PRACTISED: KYUKUSHIN, GOJU RYU, JUDO, MUAY THAI, KENDO

BEST WEAPON: NAMCHUCKS, KATANA

CLUB: EJIM MARTIAL ARTS

BELT: BLUE

BEST KATA: UNSU, SUPARINPEI, ANAN
Re: Martial Arts by maclatunji: 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2011
I practice the Gidigbo and bolekaja style. You should try it too.
Re: Martial Arts by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 17, 2011
grin grin
Nigerian Martial Art abi.
Re: Martial Arts by sweetguy10(m): 1:23am On Jan 25, 2011
maclatunji:

I practice the Gidigbo and bolekaja style. You should try it too.

grin grin grin grin grin chai !! with these styles dem go too beat u
Re: Martial Arts by maclatunji: 9:57am On Jan 25, 2011
You never see me in action. I go beat all these Asian wannabes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leaked Footage Of Neymar Getting Hit By Woman That Accused Him Of Rape (video) / Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence / Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.