Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,629 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help (13398 Views)

*** New Scam Ooo*** Dont Fall A Victim / HELP! Is There A Fake Dettol Cool Soap In Town? / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by invisibleolly: 7:14am On Jun 06, 2015
To be brief with this. I really need you guy s to help me shed more light to this. I actually don't believe any of this but need to share with you guys here. Just to be sure since I actually told my sister not to respond any more to any of the text or call she and her spouse got from some inane organization claiming it's 5 yrs ago visa lottery or blah blah. Sound really with and crazy to me.
Well I don't buy any of this. Read below the message. Oh my sister told me she went to the venue yesterday but there is white men and the place is kind of empty while they ask them to come back today since they came late. Below is the message.
Dear Guest,This is to Confirm that a table has been reserved for you and your spouse to attend our 90 minutes presentation on FRI
5TH JUNE,2015.TIME:12:30PM SHARP. Your gift of an accommodation voucher worth up to $1200 will be presented to you after the
presentation.Venue:3RD FLR,(LCCI),10A,NURUDEEN OLOWOPOPO DRV'BEHIND M.K.O.ABIOLA GARDENS EST,ALAUSA IKEJA.We look forward to meeting you and your spouse.Kindly confirm your appointment with us via sms or call ( TOPE-080-5409-0145 )

Below is another one.
A beautiful day it will be,join us at HEMINGWAY'S TODAY.... TIME:12:30PM PROMPT.Kindly confirm your appointment with us via sms or call (TOPE-080-5409-0145)

If you ever fall for this kindly let us know an if you know more about this Hemingways we await your view or response. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by Aminat508(f): 7:16am On Jun 06, 2015
Naija, nawao awon pple yii sha embarassed
Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by EfemenaXY: 7:25am On Jun 06, 2015
@op: You can't win what you never applied for. Don't be taken for a ride by opportunistic scammers.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2015
It is real. But there are conditions attached. The seminar is to advertise their holiday package. And you'll be expected to register. And bla bla. I attended one of such. My neighbour is registered with them and enjoys their services.
Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by blank(f): 7:53am On Jun 06, 2015
They are like GNLD and Forever Living only that they sell hotel shares, stays and partnerships. They are also very expensive and they utilise pressure sales. They will give you a wonderful discount if you buy in immediately but full price if at a later date. You will start wwith the lowest cadre which is off peak stay in hotels. As you bring in more people, you work your way to the top.

Don't disturb yourself with it. Load of crap IMO.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by invisibleolly: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
kITATITA:
It is real. But there are conditions attached. The seminar is to advertise their holiday package. And you'll be expected to register. And bla bla. I attended one of such. My neighbour is registered with them and enjoys their services.
thnx a lot for the info.
Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by debola23(f): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
invisibleolly:
To be brief with this. I really need you guy s to help me shed more light to this. I actually don't believe any of this but need to share with you guys here. Just to be sure since I actually told my sister not to respond any more to any of the text or call she and her spouse got from some inane organization claiming it's 5 yrs ago visa lottery or blah blah. Sound really with and crazy to me.
Well I don't buy any of this. Read below the message. Oh my sister told me she went to the venue yesterday but there is white men and the place is kind of empty while they ask them to come back today since they came late. Below is the message.
Dear Guest,This is to Confirm that a table has been reserved for you and your spouse to attend our 90 minutes presentation on FRI
5TH JUNE,2015.TIME:12:30PM SHARP. Your gift of an accommodation voucher worth up to $1200 will be presented to you after the
presentation.Venue:3RD FLR,(LCCI),10A,NURUDEEN OLOWOPOPO DRV'BEHIND M.K.O.ABIOLA GARDENS EST,ALAUSA IKEJA.We look forward to meeting you and your spouse.Kindly confirm your appointment with us via sms or call ( TOPE-080-5409-0145 )

Below is another one.
A beautiful day it will be,join us at HEMINGWAY'S TODAY.... TIME:12:30PM PROMPT.Kindly confirm your appointment with us via sms or call (TOPE-080-5409-0145)

If you ever fall for this kindly let us know an if you know more about this Hemingways we await your view or response. Thanks.

If I could cause these HsA people, I would.
In 2009, I think we paid about 800k or so for their membership, after paying the bulk sum, you are expected to pay yearly subscription and some other kind of fees anytime you want to use your membership to book your trip. But we weren't able to benefit from the membership as sometimes our travels were not planned out in time. So we counted our losses and forgot about it.
Fastforward 5yrs later, 2015, they started to call us atleast four times aweek that we won a voucher as long standing clients who didnt get to use their voucher. They disturbed us so much with calls that we had to make out time to go from PH to lag to see what the big free gift was all about.

very very unfortunately, we parted with another $2000 and promised ourselves we would start harnessing the benefits of Hemingway to book our vacations. The free gift was the same free voucher u get when you are forced to sit down for their presentation. You are to sign that it is only when you sit through the entire presentation that you are eligible to collect the free voucher. Sure enough we used the voucher to JHB, the place was lovely, three days stay.
We did the 7days a year for 20yrs package.

Then in 2016, we wanted to travel to Dubai and the US, we called upon Hemingways and to our utter disbelief rrealised that asides the bulk sum that you pay for membership, you actually pay a subscription fee every time you want to utilize your membership, you pay $350. For example our Dubai trip was to cost us $350 subscription fee and another $350 exchange fee. then the US trip another $350 subscription fee and $350 exchange fee. That made a total of $1400 that we were to pay Hemingways, after all the bulk sum we had paid earlier.

Pleaseee...... airbnb, booking.com have cheaper rates for very good accommodations. We suddenly didn't see any benefit of paying that large amount they make you pay when you go for their presentation.

okay what about airport pickup that u mentioned was part of your services..........no comment
what about help with Visas, we need Dubai visa.........pay $180 per person.
Okay what about tourism package, when we do find our way to Dubai, do you offer any tourist package.........no we don't.
You also mentioned discount on air tickets........no we didnt.

Pls any of you who have d opportunity of sitting thru the presentation should please record your conversation with them. We didnt have any proof and thats why we couldnt sue.
You see all those people saying hemingways is legit, pls after you use the free voucher, pls try booking for a trip, do like you are ready to use your subscription and let us know what response you get. You will be shocked to realise the huge amount u paid was just a dash, anytime you try to use them to book a your vacation stay, you will still be asked to pay $700 or more depending on the type of membership.

Its so painful beacaue, the $2000 dollars extra we paid would have been more than enough to cater for accomodation. Pls all you that are members, asides the free voucher, have you ever tried to use your membership for one of your trips before?
Pls try to and see how much more you will be asked to pay

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by debola23(f): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
Del
Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by blank(f): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
That's an eye opener. Didn't even know that it was that bad and there were yearly maintenance fees.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by ezekiel121: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
I was there today I am busy at the moment I will explain in details later but for now don't burn fuel going there, Nigeria we hail thee. 419
Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by ezekiel121: 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
I repeat do not go, I am sure they have people posting here to support this elaborate shake down

3 Likes

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by tabithababy(f): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
cheesy
Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by breadplanets(f): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
ezekiel121:
I repeat do not go, I am sure they have people posting here to support this elaborate shake down
Oga who u dey talk to biko? The baby that was born when the op made the post don marry by now grin

3 Likes

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
breadplanets:
Oga who u dey talk to biko? The baby that was born when the op made the post don marry by now grin
LMAO
Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by Sweetmakkie: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2021
They have been calling I and my hubby for weeks now. Thank God for this post as we were actually scheduled to see them today.

Dear Mrs Tina Makafar Abiodun, Hemingways Travel confirms your seat reservation to collect your gift voucher after attending our 90mins presentation with your spouse, DATE: Saturday 5th June, TIME: 2.30pm sharp. VENUE: Plot 265 S.E. Asebe Street, the Building adjacent to Emadeb Energy opp. G.A 247, Codestral Zone, Mabushi, ABUJA (Emadeb Energy is immediately after Banex bridge)www.myhemingways.com

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by blank(f): 3:12am On Jun 10, 2021
Sweetmakkie:
They have been calling I and my hubby for weeks now. Thank God for this post as we were actually scheduled to see them today.

Dear Mrs Tina Makafar Abiodun, Hemingways Travel confirms your seat reservation to collect your gift voucher after attending our 90mins presentation with your spouse, DATE: Saturday 5th June, TIME: 2.30pm sharp. VENUE: Plot 265 S.E. Asebe Street, the Building adjacent to Emadeb Energy opp. G.A 247, Codestral Zone, Mabushi, ABUJA (Emadeb Energy is immediately after Banex bridge)www.myhemingways.com

Tell them to go jump off a bridge.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help by omodasolamary: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2022
Thank you everyone for this. you all just saved me. I got an invite but with what I have seen so far, it is not worth it

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Be Doing This Friday Evening? / After 4 Consecutive Years Of Death In Her Family, Lady Grateful For 2018 / Joe Abah Gives Men Tips On How To Treat Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.