Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed (1216 Views)

I Want To Get Committed To A Church / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by malvisguy212: 9:52am On Jun 06, 2015
People will often say that they cannot
accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
until they are 100% convinced or certain
that He is who He said He is or that the
Bible is true. This level of proof is not
possible in this universe and is
unreasonable. Even in science, the
standard level of proof is 95% Requiring
that one is 100%certain of the reliability
of the Bible is just an excuse for unbelief.
There is a difference between being 100% convinced that the entire Bible is true and being 100% committed to Jesus on the basis of what we know is true. We cannot know with 100% certainty that all of the Bible is true, especially since there are many prophecies which have not yet been fulfilled. However, from what we know to be true, we can make a 100% commitment. We do this every day of our lives in many areas. For example, most of us travel to our place of work. I travel by bus and get into the van five days a week committed to going to work, although I do not know with 100% certainty that I will get there. The important thing is to be 100% committed to Jesus.

It is the will of God that everyone believe in His promises and His word. If you pray for God to increase your faith and belief, He will do it, since He wants your complete confidence in Him. Ask Jesus to help you with your unbelief. The Holy Spirit gives a tremendous
testimony to us that our faith in the
gospel is true and that we have become
children of God. Before I became a
Christian the Holy Spirit was not in my
life, although I would occasionally
become aware I was not in God's will.
However, when I accepted Jesus as Lord
and Savior, The Holy Spirit began
convicting me of changes I needed to
make in my life. The more I have
followed the promptings of the Holy
Spirit, the more He has revealed to me
and the more I know His voice. Every
disciple of Jesus Christ is indwelt by the
Holy Spirit. However, if you do not feel
the Holy Spirit in your life, I encourage
you to pray to be filled with the Spirit.
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by menesheh(m): 10:26am On Jun 06, 2015
We need evidence for your claims, anything short of that is myth and legendary

3 Likes

Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by malvisguy212: 10:44am On Jun 06, 2015
menesheh:
We need evidence for your claims, anything short of that is myth and legendary
evidence for what?
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by menesheh(m): 10:47am On Jun 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
evidence for what?

Evidence for Jesus existence
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by johnydon22(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2015
menesheh:

No wait, abacha existed we have the evidence... now do you believe abacha is a deity that will come again to save you from a mythical place of punishment he has prepared for you?

1 Like

Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by menesheh(m): 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
johnydon22:

No wait, abacha existed we have the evidence... now do you believe abacha is a deity that will come again to save you from a mythical place of punishment he has prepared for you?

The guy have no evidence for his jesus existence, we are tired of all these numerous mythical story, what we only need now is evidence for any claims whatever believe. If a Buddha can prove his story of existence and all the complexities, then we can follow him.

There are many evidence of Abacha's existence than all these silly and primeval story.
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by johnydon22(m): 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
menesheh:

The guy have no evidence for his jesus existence, we are tired of all these numerous mythical story, what we only need now is evidence for any claims whatever believe. If a Buddha can prove his story of existence and all the complexities, then we can follow him.

There are many evidence of Abacha's existence than all these silly and primeval story.

You see there is a high chance that a Jesus existed 2k years ago in isreali. that name is a pretty common name in isreali means Yahweh saves. Joshua is same name and also another Jesus sirach wrote the deutrocanonical book of sirach. you see the name is pretty common.

The historicity can be deducted but what historical authenticity don't recognize is preternatural occurrences, its called fables which is synonymous to mythology.
e. g

Achilles may have existed but the story of his mother being a nymph and also his invincibility except his heel is pure fable and bears no weight in historical authenticity of the subject.

Jesus may have existed but other fables surrounding him like Virgin birth, walking on water, a new star, death and resurrection just as we have seen in many older stories like that of horus, Mithras,dyonsus and many more and nothing but fables.
mythological reworked sagas... that is the part modern historicity don't recognize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by mujahid1339(m): 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
I don't want your evidence,xtianity can't even provide 1%,just make it rational.
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by mustymatic(m): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
The op is saying literally that the bible can't be hundred percent trusted, whoa
that u hv to bear with ups n downs

1 Like

Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by malvisguy212: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
menesheh:

what does the B.C and A.D means? Even science can not give you 100% evidence.
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by menesheh(m): 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
what does the B.C and A.D means? Even science can not give you 100% evidence.

Didn't get your point on this contest. What does B.C and A.D gat to do with evidence of your God.

Why not grow up and be smart like others
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by malvisguy212: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
menesheh:

Didn't get your point on this contest. What does B.C and A.D gat to do with evidence of your God.

Why not grow up and be smart like others
you say the evidence Jesus exist? The Gregory calender recognised the existence of Jesus hence they name him after the calendar.
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by menesheh(m): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
you say the evidence Jesus exist? The Gregory calender recognised the existence of Jesus hence they name him after the calendar.

Gregory calender posses no evidence for Christ.
Stop believing in ideas because you were told to by your parents and your pastor but of critical reasoning.

Ask yourself this question

-Who wrote the bible
-Did alpha male in the sky really talk to the inspirators
-What's the motive of those ideas
-Is those ideas compatible with our 21th morality and ethics
-is there substantial evidence to back up my beliefs
-and numerous unanswered questions by believers

1 Like

Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by malvisguy212: 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
menesheh:

Stop believing in ideas because you were told to by your parents and your pastor but of critical reasoning.

-Who wrote the bible
you need to understand the meaning of inspiration first.In 2 Timothy 3:16, we are told that all Scripture is inspired. The word used for inspiration is theopneustos which means“God-breathed,” implying that what was written had its origin in God Himself. In 2 Peter 1:21 we read that the writers were “carried along” by God. Thus, God used each writer, including his personality to accomplish a divinely authoritative work, for God cannot inspire error.

The Bible speaks many times of its
inspiration: In Luke 24:27,44; John 5:39;
and Hebrews 10:7, Jesus says that what
was written about him in the Old
Testament would come to pass. Romans
3:2 and Hebrews 5:12 refer to the Old
Testament as the Word of God. We read
in 1 Corinthians 2:13, “This is what we
speak, not in words taught us by human
wisdom but in words taught by the
Spirit.” This is corroborated in 2 Timothy
3:16, as we saw above. In 1
Thessalonians 2:13, Paul when referring
to that which he had written says, “…you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the Word of God…” Peter speaks of the inspiration of Paul’s
writings in 2 Peter 3:15-16, where he
maintains that, “…Paul also wrote to you
with the wisdom that God gave him. He
writes the same way in all his letters…”
Earlier, in 2 Peter 1:21 Peter writes, “For
prophecy never had its origin in the will
of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along [moved] by the Holy Spirit.” And then finally in Revelation 22:18,19 the writer John, referring to the book of Revelation states, “…if anyone adds anything to them, God will add to
him the plagues described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away from
this book of prophecy, God will take
away from him his share in the tree of
life…”
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by RapLawd(m): 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
People will often say that they cannot
accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
until they are 100% convinced or certain
that He is who He said He is or that the
Bible is true. This level of proof is not
possible in this universe and is
unreasonable. Even in science, the
standard level of proof is 95% Requiring
that one is 100%certain of the reliability
of the Bible is just an excuse for unbelief.
There is a difference between being 100% convinced that the entire Bible is true and being 100% committed to Jesus on the basis of what we know is true. We cannot know with 100% certainty that all of the Bible is true, especially since there are many prophecies which have not yet been fulfilled. However, from what we know to be true, we can make a 100% commitment. We do this every day of our lives in many areas. For example, most of us travel to our place of work. I travel by bus and get into the van five days a week committed to going to work, although I do not know with 100% certainty that I will get there. The important thing is to be 100% committed to Jesus.

It is the will of God that everyone believe in His promises and His word. If you pray for God to increase your faith and belief, He will do it, since He wants your complete confidence in Him. Ask Jesus to help you with your unbelief. The Holy Spirit gives a tremendous
testimony to us that our faith in the
gospel is true and that we have become
children of God. Before I became a
Christian the Holy Spirit was not in my
life, although I would occasionally
become aware I was not in God's will.
However, when I accepted Jesus as Lord
and Savior, The Holy Spirit began
convicting me of changes I needed to
make in my life. The more I have
followed the promptings of the Holy
Spirit, the more He has revealed to me
and the more I know His voice. Every
disciple of Jesus Christ is indwelt by the
Holy Spirit. However, if you do not feel
the Holy Spirit in your life, I encourage
you to pray to be filled with the Spirit.

Well written bro...

It's more like to say until I see death face to face before I'll die... anyone who says he needs 100% percent proof before believing in God or Christ is just out of the equation, all he needs is a prayer for God to touch the spirit of the person...

May we that believe without asking for any percent proof be given the grace to live a righteous life through Christ our Lord -Amen.
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by RapLawd(m): 11:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
menesheh:

-Who wrote the bible

Why is it like taking science and scientist all eternity to dispute or proof the non existence of God or Christ, I think you should minimize your addiction to alien stuffs...

Even if you're an atheist, kindly pray to God with an open heart and zeal to know him,surely he shall prove you wrong by showing you things beyond human seeing...

Remain blessed!!
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by menesheh(m): 12:20am On Jun 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
you need to understand the meaning of inspiration first.In 2 Timothy 3:16, we are told that all Scripture is inspired. The word used for inspiration is theopneustos which means“God-breathed,” implying that what was written had its origin in God Himself. In 2 Peter 1:21 we read that the writers were “carried along” by God. Thus, God used each writer, including his personality to accomplish a divinely authoritative work, for God cannot inspire error.

The Bible speaks many times of its
inspiration: In Luke 24:27,44; John 5:39;
and Hebrews 10:7, Jesus says that what
was written about him in the Old
Testament would come to pass. Romans
3:2 and Hebrews 5:12 refer to the Old
Testament as the Word of God. We read
in 1 Corinthians 2:13, “This is what we
speak, not in words taught us by human
wisdom but in words taught by the
Spirit.” This is corroborated in 2 Timothy
3:16, as we saw above. In 1
Thessalonians 2:13, Paul when referring
to that which he had written says, “…you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the Word of God…” Peter speaks of the inspiration of Paul’s
writings in 2 Peter 3:15-16, where he
maintains that, “…Paul also wrote to you
with the wisdom that God gave him. He
writes the same way in all his letters…”
Earlier, in 2 Peter 1:21 Peter writes, “For
prophecy never had its origin in the will
of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along [moved] by the Holy Spirit.” And then finally in Revelation 22:18,19 the writer John, referring to the book of Revelation states, “…if anyone adds anything to them, God will add to
him the plagues described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away from
this book of prophecy, God will take
away from him his share in the tree of
life…”

Did mohammed got the same form of inspiration that the writers of Bible gat or will you just dismiss those inspirations of that sort as hallucinations.

All these your quote have no effect on life reality and you me knows that. All these are human imagination and fairly tail reworked by primeval specie of ape like human that have a minos chromosome to ours now. How could you condescend too low to allow for example the dictates of chimps that have lower reasoning capacity to control your actions, how you have sex, deal with your fellow human etc.

It is absolutely vulgar believing such inspirations without asking questions. Is like me telling you that my grandma possess extra ordinary power and performed many miracles b4 she died and she even promised to come back in the near future to take us to a place much more better than here. You can just believe the story without questioning how come. That not rational but been gullible.

If you believe Bible stories that means you can believe anything.

1 Like

Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by menesheh(m): 12:28am On Jun 07, 2015
RapLawd:

Why is it like taking science and scientist all eternity to dispute or proof the non existence of God or Christ
, I think you should minimize your addiction to alien stuffs...

Even if you're an atheist, kindly pray to God with an open heart and zeal to know him,surely he shall prove you wrong by showing you things beyond human seeing...

Remain blessed!!

You don't disprove nonexistent of things or ideas that have no link to lay hand on whatsoever. Is like someone telling you to prove the existence of China tea cup in the milky way, you can't disprove it but rather you will be skeptical about the idea. But it is you that is holding those claims that have to prove the Validity of such claims you are assuming exists.

One love
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by malvisguy212: 7:50am On Jun 07, 2015
menesheh:

Did mohammed got the same form of inspiration that the writers of Bible gat or will you just dismiss those inspirations of that sort as hallucinations.

All these your quote have no effect on life reality and you me knows that. All these are human imagination and fairly tail reworked by primeval specie of ape like human that have a minos chromosome to ours now. How could you condescend too low to allow for example the dictates of chimps that have lower reasoning capacity to control your actions, how you have sex, deal with your fellow human etc.

It is absolutely vulgar believing such inspirations without asking questions. Is like me telling you that my grandma possess extra ordinary power and performed many miracles b4 she died and she even promised to come back in the near future to take us to a place much more better than here. You can just believe the story without questioning how come. That not rational but been gullible.

If you believe Bible stories that means you can believe anything.
muhammed inspiration was different from the bible prophet.if you say beliving in God is a stupid idea,why are you here? To seek for answer that disturb you?

the Bible actually tells believers to test everything ( 1 Thessalonians 5:21). No other "holy" book tells its readers to actually put what it says to the test. The Bible can make such a statement because it passes the tests of truthfulness that no other "holy" book
can. God Himself in His revelation to
Isaiah stated, "Come now, and let us
reason together..." God, the Creator of
humans and human reasoning ability
wants us to use that ability to determine
His plan of salvation.

The Bible encourages people to use their minds. In fact, the Bible says that God created humans and endowed them with a mind so that they would use it.The Bible says that God and Jesus Christ will test the minds (as well as the hearts) of people. One of the most important prophecies to Christianity, the prophecy of the New Covenant, fulfilled in the coming of the Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth,describes the changes God does in both the heart and the mind of those who are transformed. The Bible says that those who do not believe do so, in part, because of deception in their minds.
This deception leads to hostility to God
and defiling of their minds and consciences. The mind is also very
important in the life of a Christian. The
Christian is encouraged to set his "mind
on the things above." We are also
encouraged to direct our "mind to know,
to investigate, and to seek wisdom and
an explanation."
Re: 100% Convinced Vs. 100% Committed by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
Lol! grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Even Jews Ask: Is Judaism A Satanic Cult? / 10 Worst Mistakes Christians Make While Dating / My Reply To: 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.