Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN (1593 Views)

Ayomide Labinjo: "Davido Has Big Manhood & It Hurts, He Refused To Wear Condom" / #BBNaija Gifty Signs A Deal With MTN (Photos) / Davido Sips Some Tea Before Leaving For His Endorsement Meetings (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by samueleto(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2015

Timaya told Punch that he wanted more than what he was offered by the telco company.
According to Timaya, “I have always wanted to become an ambassador to a telecommunications company and I was approached by both Globacom and MTN. I chose MTN. I am a businessman and I feel I should have a better deal this year.”
Timaya also said “If the deal is not good enough for me, then it is not right because I worked very hard to get to the stage I am. It could be right for other people but I think I should do better this year. There are some artistes that are brand ambassadors and they do not have any hit song. They are just there based on pity.

“Every year, I release a hit song and I feel if we are to renew a contract, we have to revisit the terms and conditions. Not that we would do the same thing as the last time or do it out of pity. Being a brand ambassador makes you limited in some certain areas and I expect to be paid for such limitations. I want more. They are good people and we did not have any misunderstanding. It was purely a business decision,”

Source: http://shoutnaija..com/2015/06/timaya-talks-why-he-refused-to-renew.html
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by fatdon2(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2015
undecided

Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by kilode100(f): 11:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Oriegwu!!

8 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by Airforce1(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2015
he has a vàlid point

But bros, tell them to look my way

Thanks
grin
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by angelTI(f): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2015
If he is not careful, he will soon become irrelevant in the music industry.

That's the fact cool
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by 9jabox(m): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2015
If this is true, then it's a good move.
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by Chimourinho(m): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
angelTI:

That's the fact cool

That guy has personality and he face sure sells. He has to look after himself too and maximize d opportunity
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by IceSplash(f): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
pride goes before a fall
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by LesbianBoy(m): 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
IceSplash:
pride goes before a fall
Some of you just like posting nonsense sha! Which one come be "pride goes before a fall" kwanu? Where is the pride here now? Ok, how would you feel if after working so hard, lets say to make a 1st class or "2 1" in school. Then one company approaches you, saying they will pay you N50,000 or below to work for them(Salary meant for people who came out with pass or no class at all). I am sure you will dance shoki abi? Timaya has had lots of hit songs in his career. Trust me, its not easy having a hit song especially in a country like naija where there are so many critics! Ask Airforce1 he knows what i am talking about because he is working on his album undecided If timaya says he didn't renew his contract because he wants more than what they are offering then i think he deserves it!

1 Like

Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by donvikercr7: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
Amayenabo olololo....... No mind dem jare...... Abeg join Glo..
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nyc one egberi papa.. Ion c any sign of proudness here oh.. dem gat gve u more couz dey are taking more 4rm us.. ko olorun maje sowo short laye mi.
Re: Timaya Talks Why He Refused To Renew His Endorsement Deal With MTN by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
angelTI:

That's the fact cool

sharrap dia! Some of u ladies r too petty wit very little dreams! Work hard and become successful and stop hatin!

(1) (Reply)

Choii!!! Things That Go Through A Lady’s Mind When Her Th!ng Is Being Lick’ed! / Photos: Russian Man Marries A Pizza, Say It Would Not Reject Or Betray You. / Hello From The Other Side By Alibaba (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.