Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

TITANIC - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TITANIC (3887 Views)

Titanic Didn’t Sink Because Of An Iceberg, New Documentary Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 14, 2015

[size=20pt]Rose's Point of View[/size]

The sweet melody of the music box filled the shattered room before me. In the dim light of the room, I was brushing my loose red curly hair. My eyes casted upon my shoulders, my hair fell over my white nightgown. I was sitting in front of the vanity mirror, it was shattered and cracked.

Memories of today rushed past my mind, but there was something that kept flashing up in my mind.
This Jack... this Jack wouldn't get out of my head.

I could close my eyes and picture his face perfectly, I could hear his laughter, I could see his smile. His eyes. His voice echoed in my head, his sweet voice.

What has happened to me? I would never be left feeling such a thing, and I could not even recognize what the feeling was. It felt like a harmony, but at the same time- a warfare.

I am battling for the feeling to go away, as it felt as a haunt. It was lingering beside me like a shadow.

It didn't make any sense. I felt sad, and melancholy- but at the same time content, and joyous.

This feeling Jack has made me feel, has every single feeling mixed into it- or it is just a new feeling I have never felt before.

I cannot recognize it, I cannot describe it. All I know is that I feel it.

Jack was such a gentleman. He did not know me, neither did I know him. But he saved my life. I saw this trust in his eyes, this trust I felt towards him.

I looked at him the moment they asked him if what I was saying was true. I looked at him- and it was as if he had seen through me. He nodded at them. He had kept my secret.

A secret we shared together.

So humble and good inside, so trustful and understand, so appealing. I had never met anyone like him, everyone I met were bitter, arrogant rich men.

Jack wasn't rich, he was a poor young man. And now I can see it, I can understand. The riches spoil the good in us.

I had a blurry image of the world seen by eyes like of Jack's. I had a small grasp of what the world truly consisted of.

I understood why the people around me- in my life, irritated me entirely. It was the riches I held, when I was craving for a perfect life.

Money and fancy dresses only kept me far from the life I yearned so deeply for.

I had a strange desire in me, I had a strange urge to see Jack again. I wanted to see him.

What? No! What is going on with me? What the bloody hell was I feeling? I shall erase this disgusting feeling from its existence.

Of course I do not want to see Jack again. This... this was frightening me.

Where in the world did I get the desire to feel this. Oh, I am laughing- I am crazy.

But no, it feels so right at the same time!

What was going on! I felt like I was breaking apart, one side pulling to the right, the other to the left... tearing me apart.

I clutched tightly, with my grip on the brush held in my pale hands.

It's like there were two sides of me. One telling me yes, and one telling me no. But I just didn't know which one to listen to.

My hands trembled as I placed my wrist on the counter where the music box layed.

Struggling to free myself from the feelings I was feeling. But suddenly, I jumped back, feeling a movement from behind me.

I caught Cal's reflection on the mirror in front of me. He stepped in, into my bedroom.

I let go of the brush, and pulled my hands onto my lap, as I stared dully at his face from the reflection.

I watched as his lips began to move. "Hey, I know you've been melancholy, and I don't pretend to know why." He walked towards me, closer as he continued, "I intended to save this till the engagement gals next week.

But I thought tonight, perhaps a reminder of my feelings for you..."
He closed the music box, the melody vanished and what follows is not the bitter silence, but something far less relaxing.

My fionce's voice. He pushed the music box aside, as he sat on the table, I casted my eyes on his hands and I saw him holding a large black velvet jewel case.

He reached out his hand towards me, I took the case numbly.

I opened it slowly, and as I did, I could see it- a blue shinning diamond necklace. Just before my eyes, shinning with all its glory- even in the dull light of my room.

It was a malevolent blue stone glistening with an infinity of scalpel-like inner reflections.

"Oh my goodness!"

I whispered the words.
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 14, 2015
I turned my eyes back to his face, as I began to ask, "Is it a-"
Cal interrupted before I could finish.

"Diamond." He smiled, he laughed softly as he pulled himself to his feet and with the case in his hands, he pulled the necklace out and turned to in back of me, he pulled my hair out of the way as he put the necklace around my neck.

I felt the heaviness of the stone once it was hanging down my chest. It truly was beautiful.

"Fifty six carats to be exact, and not only that- it was once worn by Louis the Sixteenth. They call it Le Coeur de la Mer, the--"
Before he could translate the french words into English, I already knew what the beautiful words meant.

I finished his sentence for him.

"The heart of the ocean." I stared at our reflection on the mirror, as he stayed behind me, our faces close.

I traced my fingers across the blue shinning diamond, feeling the coolness of it reach the skin of my fingertips.

"It's overwhelming." I told him.

He smiled at me, "It's for royalty, Rose. And we are royalty." I stared at my reflection on the mirror, at the necklace, as suddenly Cal sat on his knees and placed his hand on his cheek.

"You know, there is nothing I couldn't give you. There's nothing I'd deny you if you would deny me." I looked at him, and stared at him.

He scanned my face, starring in return. We held eye contact.

"Open your heart to me, Rose." He had told me.

I turned my gaze on my reflection.
I wasn't sure if he meant it, I wasn't sure if I felt the same.

I never loved him, really. And why is it, I... I don't feel the way I should.

I felt something else- his gift was only to reflect light back onto himself, to illuminate the greatness that was Caledon Hockley.

It was a cold stone... a heart of ice.
I am sure I am right, I am sure we share no bond to ourselves- no trust.

Unlike with a stranger I had only met today.

No, what am I saying?... No, this is far too confusing.

No! I don't understand what is going on with my feelings!
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jack's Point of View

Rose and I were walking side by side, an odd surprise. As she came to look for me at the third class part of the ship. She told me she needed to speak to me in private.

She took me to the first class part of the ship, and there I was now, walking side by side with her beaming beauty overwhelming me.

There was a tranquil silence, unlike in the third class part.

People were sitting on steamer chairs, reading, some talking, but as we passed, their gaze stayed on us. And I knew exactly why- the way I dressed. They must've been asking themselves what I was doing there with her to begin with. I felt an uncomfortable feeling inside me.

The sky was cloudless and pure blue, and the sea seemed to almost match the color of the sky. The waves were smooth, almost as smooth as a mirror. The early afternoon sunshine blazed onto the horizon, spilling its bright rays onto the waves. Whenever I moved my eyes towards the waves, the brightness of it hurt. As you can see, the sun was beaming a bit too brightly.

The weather was beautiful, the breeze was warm. Everything around us was relaxing.

We walked side by side, awkwardly for a few seconds, none of us spoke a word. I began playing conversations in my head, this utter silence couldn't continue like that. I clutched onto my leather sketch book, my other hand in my pockets, as I looked into Rose's eyes and began to speak.

The first idea of a conversation was what had slipped out my lips.

"So, umm..." Rose's eyes fell on my face the minute I began to speak, I turned my eyes away for a brief second until I decided to finish my sentence. "The weather is nice, isn't it?"

Small talk, that was exactly what I was doing... as we continued to stroll around the ship. But, I mean... What else would I say?
"Yes," Repeated Rose, her eyes turned on her feet. "very nice."

She nodded her head. We kept on walking- silence.

Thoughts rushed past my head, first of all- why did she tell me she needed to talk to me if she isn't talking, second... this is just far too awkward.

"So Jack, umm... where are you from?" She asked me.

I, myself was surprised when she decided to take lead of the conversation. "I'm from Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin." I replied.

For the rest of the stroll, we began to speak about my life and how I grew up. And she only kept asking questions. I had told her about how my parents died when I was 15, how I lived my life alone since then, how I met Fabrizio my good friend and explored the world with him, etc.

But I got the sense she wanted to tell me something else. She was hiding something.

"So Rose," I began, the wind blew my hair onto my face. I looked at her, at her beautiful eyes. "We've walked about a mile on this boat deck, and we've talked about how I grew up and all... but I reckon that's not why I came to talk to you, is it?" I said.

Rose looked at me, suddenly her face shifting into a different expression. I watched as her eyes moved to the ground, as she let out a sigh. With her eyes held on the ground, she began to speak

"Mr. Dawson, I--" she began.
"Jack," I corrected her.
She moved her eyes up, she raised an eyebrow. "Jack. Umm... I...

Umm, I feel like such an idiot. It took me all morning to get up the nerve to face you." She told me.

I looked at her, the way the sunshine shone on her face. She looked anxious, nervous. Poor girl, must be embarrassed to death over everything that has happened between us. I can see it in her eyes, the way she was hiding something big, and was about to give it all away.

"Well, you're here." I shrugged my shoulders, until I turned my eyes back to her's.

But what I was really asking myself that moment was, what did she want to tell me!
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
She looked away, I could tell the way she finds it hard to keep eye contact.

"Here I am. I... I want to thank you for what you did. Not just for... for pulling me back.

But for your discretion." She told me, through her sentence, she trailed off but picked up her pace soon enough, and I could tell perfectly that she was tense, shy, and nervous.

"You're welcome. Rose." I told her.

For a brief moment, there was silence. She had her eyes on the floor, I observed her stressed face.

I observed her, for the first time- observed her beautiful characteristics and features. Thin perfect eyebrows with a soft arch, her big green eyes, her pale soft skin, small thin perfect nose, thick glossy red lips- and that beauty mark she had on her cheek.

Her beauty amazed me. I felt like I wanted to run my fingers through her soft red auburn curls- but obviously that'd be too creepy.

She suddenly began to speak in a rushed manner. "Look, I know what you must be thinking! Poor little rich girl.

What does she know about misery?" Her eyes were glossy and kept on the ground.

I raised my eyebrows, at the comment she had just said. And I must admit, I was not expecting that to come out her lips. "No," I said, I stopped walking and leaned my back against the ledge, where the white painted half-wall sat.

I placed my hand on the thick rope, as I turned around to face her.

My back was to the ocean behind me. The wind blew onto my clothes, and my face. It felt almost as if the wind went through the cloth of my clothes and into my body, then back out.

I met her eyes. "no, it's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was, what could've happened to this girl to have thought she had no way out."

The sunshine spilled onto her face, as she squinted her eyes from the brightness.

Her eyes shone with the sun's reflection, and I could see all the beautiful iris patterns. She looked at me, her expression was of surprise, as if she could not believe what I have told her.

But why? This girl had just too many secrets.

Her face then swifted into an anxious one. As she walked towards the wall of the edge of the boat. She leaned her back as she looked into my eyes.

I turned my body towards her, watching the waves and sky from behind her face. She began to speak in a rushed manner.

"I don't... it wasn't just one thing. It was everything. It was them, it was their whole world. And I was trapped in it, like an insect in amber." She stopped for a brief second to lick her thick lips.

She spoke again, and this time the rush of it all increased. "I just had to get away... just run and run and run... and then I was at the back rail and there was no more ship... even the Titanic wasn't big enough.

Not enough to get away from them. And before I'd really thought about it, I was over the rail.

I was so furious. I'll show them. They'll be sorry!" she told me, her face scrunched up, wrinkles on her forehead as she tightened her eyes.

Her hands were curled into fists, as soon enough her expression fell into an emotionless one.

I nodded as I spoke, "Uh huh. They'll be sorry. 'Course you'll be dead." I told her.

Her eyes drifted onto the floor, her head lowered. "God, I am such a fool." She whispered.

I observed her face, feeling the understanding of her situation rush through me. She was a girl, who felt freedom-less, who felt like an outcast.

With no control of her life whatsoever.

She licked my lips quickly until she began to speak again.

"But look, my whole world and all the people in it, don't give me the freedom I deserve. I- I was powerless to stop it."

She casted her eyes towards the horizon, she returned her gaze soon enough as she reached out her hand, I was confused at first, until I realized she was showing me her engagement ring.

My eyes widen up at the sight of such thing. "Gawd look at that thing! And that would have gone straight to the bottom." I said, as I held her hand in mine, observing the ring.
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
"Five hundred invitations have gone out, and all the while I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a crowded room, screaming at the top of my lungs, and no one even looks up!"

She cried out, there were no tears in her eyes. But I could see the way she prevented them from coming out, she moved her eyes away as I observed her face, her expression, her situation.

She doesn't have any freedom, and from what she has told me- or maybe I understood wrong, but she has a life up ahead of her, one she never chose to have.

And she has no control over it at all. Does that mean, she does not even love her fiance?

"Do you love him?" I asked as casually as I could.

Her eyes moved from the ground and up, shocked at my disrespect.

"Pardon me?" She said.

"Do you love him." I repeated myself.

"You're being really rude, you shouldn't be asking me this!" She stammered.

Well, she just told me before that she isn't happy with her life and has no control over it whatsoever.

So, why by directly getting into conclusions should she feel intimidated. I mean, I understand her and all, but she was the one who began telling me about her freedom-less marriage.

"Well, it's a simple question.

Do you love the guy or not?" I asked again.

She began to laugh, I could see the way she felt uncomfortable at this all.

A sarcastic, uncomfortable laughter. "This is not a suitable conversation." She told me.

"Why can't you just answer the question?" I asked, laughing slightly.

She let out a loud laugh- a strange one, as if she lost her breath while letting out the laugh, as she walked away towards the sunlight, pinching her nose bridge with her hand.

"This is absurd!"

I followed her. She turned around, as she began babbling with her high pitched British accent over how disrespectful I was being.

"You don't know me, and I don't know you and we're not having this conversation at all!" She moved her hands to her hips, as I observed her.

She had a smiling face, that kind of smiling face where half of your face shows your confused/uncomfortable feeling and the other half shows you are simply laughing simply because you don't know what else to do.

Her eyebrows were pulled into a confused expression as her lips were curled into a smile.

That expression, I do not even know what it is called.

But this whole situation was starting to feel hilarious in my eyes.

"You are rude," She began to say.
I began to laugh myself.

"uncouth, and presumptuous and I am leaving now!"

I nodded with a closed smile as she spoke.
"Jack! Mr. Dawson, it's been a pleasure! I sought you out to thank you and now I did,"

I interrupted her from finishing as I replied, "And even saluted me." I said sarcastically.

She was shaking my hand, but she just wouldn't let go, seconds continued to pass as we were both smiling to ourselves sarcastically.

Her face was reddened and embarrassed, the wind blew her red curls onto her face. "I thought you were leaving."

I told her, with the same sarcastic expression. That same sarcastic smile.

"Ha, yes! I am!" She laughed as I watched as she turned around, and let go of my hand. But right when I thought she was leaving for good, I watched as her heels changed directions and looked at me.

"And you are so annoying!" Her high pitched, feminine voice said.

I began to laugh sarcastically. "Ha, ha!"
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
"Wait," she stammered as she turned around- again. "I don't have to leave," She began walking towards me, our faces closer. "this is my part of the ship." She raised her hand pointing for me to go.

"You leave!"

Her voice seemed to have echoed in my head, I only began to laugh- this was just too funny. "Ohohoh! Now who's being rude!" I laughed.

She laughed in a disgusted manner, and I watched her irritated face, as I felt something snatch my sketch book away from me. Her cold hands.

"What is this stupid thing you carry around?" She said in a bitter voice.

Without even my permission, she pulled it away and opened it without hesitation. She opened the leather sketch book, stared at the page for a second, then turned her eyes back on me. "So, what are you? An artist or something?"
I just kept smiling in the most sarcastic manner I would manage.

This was just humorous, the way she kept trying to be rude, and disgusted by me. But just wouldn't even leave- in fact, snatched my book away, that only gets her to stay longer.

She turned her eyes from the sketch book, and back, as she walked towards a chair. She sat herself down as she observed the sketches. I followed her, and sat beside her.

The wind blew harder from this angle, the chairs were wooden and with far set arm rests.

The sun was directly upon us, as I kept my eyes on Rose. Her eyes were trailed down on the sketch book on her laps, her long eyelashes creating a shadow on her face.

The view of the ocean and the horizon was in front of me, but I would rather look at Rose.

"These are rather good..." She said, turning the pages.

After flipping a few pages, and observing for a long moment, she spoke again, losing her sarcastic bitter voice. "Jack, these are very good! You have some exquisite work!"

"Nah, they didn't think too much in paree." I told her.

"Paris?" Her confused eyes blinked. "So, you do get around... for being a p-" She trailed off suddenly, as if air had been caught in her throat. "Well, umm... For a person of limited greens." she corrected herself.

I laughed, "I'm a poor guy, you can say it." I told her.

She turned her eyes back on me, as she smiled bashfully. I was starring into her eyes, she had her face profile to me.

The people behind her, the ocean, the waves, the sky, the chairs, tables- everything. From behind her, were only blurred away, as my only attention was on her.

She had a beautiful, and perfect profile.

"Well, well, well..." She said once she turned to the page where the drawings of nude women laid.

Oh great, she reached that part. I shouldn't feel wrong, it is art anyways.

I watched her pale hand flip another page, as she turned to look at me in the eyes. Her expression showed an embarrassed, bashful look. "And, these were drawn from life?" Her voice was soft and timid, she raised an eyebrow, but her eyes showed the timidness she felt.

Her voice sounded almost as if she tried to sound mature.

I grinned at her, before replying, a man strolling by watching us, Rose pulled the leather sketch book closer towards her, avoiding his eyes on the sketches.

We waited until the man walked away. Oh Rose, she seemed so pure to have done that- so innocent.

"Well, that's one of the good things about Paris. Lot's of girls willing to take their clothes off." I told her with a light hearted tone of voice.

She looked at me, and I watched as she began to laugh. She turned her eyes back towards the sketch book. "You like this woman," She raised her eyebrows. "you used her several times."

"Well," I began, I pulled my body forward to reach out my arms onto the sketch book, and flipped the page showing her hands.

"She had beautiful hands, you see..." I ran my fingers across the rough paper, until I met Rose's eyes.

She began to laugh to herself, as she raised an eyebrow and said. "I think you must've had a love affair with her..."

Her smile showed her perfect white teeth as I immediately felt awkward, and uncomfortable.

"No, no, no... No, no, no, no... just with her hands- she was a one legged prostitute, see!" I told her, grinning awkwardly at her.

Rose was confused, as I flipped the page to show the drawing.

"Oh, oh..." Her cheeks flushed. I began to laugh, Rose laughed in return.

"Ahh, she had a good sense of humor though." I told her. Rose had her face tilted staring at the drawing, a closed-lipped smile ran across her face. "Oh, and this lady," I began.

I reached out my hand and turned the page. I looked at Rose in the eyes, "She used to sit at this bar every night, wearing every single piece of jewlwey she owned, just waiting for her long lost love.

They called her, Madam Bijoume, see how her clothes are all moth-eaten?"

"Well," She gave me a closed lip smile, her eyes held on the sketch.

"you have a gift, Jack..." She turned her eyes up, and smiled at me. I stared them, and saw my reflection from them.

Her smile was like no other, timid but inviting. "you see people." She told me. Her words seemed to have been revolving through my head like an echo. I see people? I did not show the affect I had on her words, and simply kept on staring at her.

Not one moment moving my eyes down, as I told her,

"I see you."

Her eyes looked at me, as her lips curled into a smile. "And...?" She gave me a piercing, yet sarcastic look.

"You wouldn'ta jumped." I told her.
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 27, 2015
Rose's Point of View

I had my arms on the railing, the wind blew directly onto my face, but my eyes were casted upon Jack's eyes. The sunset shone in his eyes, and I could even see my own reflection. I did not understand what it was I felt for him, but I got the sense I felt free- and that is something nobody has ever been able to do to me.

We had talked all afternoon. It was already sunset and the sky was lighted up by the golden sun.

The waves below the horizon matched the color of the sky- it had a soft pastel color of orange, but not only orange- it had purple, pink, blue. Soft, light beautiful colors. The sun was almost gone.

I felt the wind caress my face, as I looked at Jack in the eyes. "Oh Jack," I began to tell him. His eyes stayed on me, a soft- barely noticeable smile spread across his lips. The sunset painted his face a golden color. Not quite yet a silhouette, but something close- something golden. "Why can't I be like you?" I casted my eyes to the front, where the horizon and sun shone, I saw a seagull flying up ahead as I began to speak again.

"Just, head out for the horizon whenever I feel like it," I flipped my hands out as if to swap the horizon, until returning them back to the rail.

There was a small pause, until I met his eyes again and smiled brightly at him. "Say we'll got there sometime, to that Pier, even if we only just talk about it." I told him in return to his adventures of his interesting life, about that Pier, about America.

"Not just talk, we'll do it!" He smiled. I watched as the wind blew his hair onto his face, in the golden sunlight, it casted a tone of a rusty golden color to his light brown hair. "We'll drink cheap beer, we'll ride on the rollar coasters until we throw up."

He told me.

I began to laugh loudly, I casted my eyes to the beaming sun.

"And we'll ride horses on the beach, right in the surf," He moved his eyes to the horizon for a brief moment, until returning them towards me with a mocking smile.

"Now, you'll have to do it like a real cowboy, nothing of that side-saddle stuff." He said to me.

I raised my eyebrows.

"You mean, one leg on each side?"

"Yup," He grinned.

I looked down for a second, until looking back onto his smiling face. "Can you show me," I laughed out.
"Sure, if you'd like." He replied with a nod.

"Teach me to ride like a man." I laughed.

"And smoke tobacco like a man!"

He laughed out, imitating those disgusting accents.

I began laughing, until I followed his humorous manners. "And spit like a man!" I imitated his accent, feeling my heart suddenly less aching.

I gazed upon his eyes for a moment, feeling my heart race.

Yet, I did not know why. For some reason, I felt so happy- just so happy inside. I had never felt such a thing before, and now that I realize it, it is only Jack the one who has made me feel this way.

As if my problems and stress were away for a moment, as if I could escape the reality for a moment- except this was reality, I truly was with Jack and feeling better.

It made me forget about my life in chains, I wish I could feel like this forever.

"What, they didn't teach you that in finishing school?" He asked me.

I began to laugh as I said, "No??"
He looked at me for a moment, with dreamy eyes. "Come on, I'll show you." Jack said. He began to walk away and I was left asking myself if he was serious.

"Let's do it!"

He grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him.

"What?" I said.
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 27, 2015
He kept on pulling me as I pulled myself off. "Jack, no! Jack!" I told him, my expression and emotion swifting.

"Come on," He ignored my insist of not doing it. I felt my heart race as I shook my hand to pull off his grasp, but he wouldn't let go. He was walking towards the outside corridor of the ship, where people passed by.

The wall was not actually a wall, was covered by open windows where the wind blew in. But, how could I possibly stand there with him- spitting onto the horizon, with everyone watching.

I felt a desire in me, actually wanting to do it. But the people around me, I felt uncomfortable.

He pulled me beside him, as he grinned at me.

"Watch closely,"

He said.

I did not know what else to say, or do but laugh slightly as I watched his face turn towards the horizon. And before I knew it, he set off a flying spit of saliva onto the air, until falling into the waves below.

"That is disgusting!"

I laughed.

Jack turned his eyes and looked at me with a laughing face. "Alright, your turn." He told me.

I casted my eyes onto the horizon, unsure of what to do, really. I turned around to make sure no one was looking, until I let out a spit, barely though.

"That was pitiful!"

Jack laughed. He turned around, "You really gotta hawk it back, you know, then roll it on your tongue, up to the front, like thith, then a big breath and PLOOOW!!

You see the range on that thing?" He went through the steps, sending out a spitting bomb.

I followed his steps as I prepared the spit through my tongue. I hawked it in, as he had said, and sent it out. Jack did as well. Two comets of gob flew out over the water- no, actually, through the horizon and into the sun. I turned around to look at his lit up face.

Jack had an interesting affect on me. With him, I could suddenly forget about the rich annoying people that surrounded my life, I could forget about my whole lifestyle.

"That was great!"

His white teeth were showing, he was laughing. I myself began to laugh as well.

"I cannot believe I am doing this!"

I said through the laughing. I was watching Jack's face, until I noticed figures emerging in the distance. Suddenly, the blurriness and unimportance of the people behind him vanished. And everything behind him became clear.

As I met eyes with my mother- Ruth, Molly Brown, and the Countess of Rothes. They had been watching us- watching me spit! I stared at them with a frightened, embarrassed, shocked face.

I blushed, and I could feel the stinging feeling in my cheeks. Jack noticed my expression, and turned around to what I was looking at.

My mother and the others were dressed with fancy hats, velvet clothing, but their faces... their expression showed that it was almost as if they stumbled onto a disgusting insect, one they would do anything to squash and kill.

Oh, and Jack... he had a bit of saliva running down his chin. Oh my god, this was great! What was I going to say? Just that moment, I felt so alive- so free.

And by the mere sight of these... nightmares, I felt my heart sink into a pool of pain.

I did not want this to happen, I did not know what to say.

Molly took a look at their pretty faces, shooting off her expression- that expression I could not bare.

I felt the wind blow on my face, I felt my palms grow sweaty, as I began to speak. "M-Mother," I began.

I walked towards them, "May I introduce Jack Dawson." I told them.

Jack looked at me for a moment, he had a look of humiliation in his eyes, until he turned them towards Ruth and the others.

He politely nodded.

My mother had a cold expression, cold arrogant eyes, as the sunset illuminated her face.

She took a look of disgust towards him, as her soft bitter voice said, "Charmed, I'm sure."

Molly took a look at Jack, as she motioned him with her fat fingers the spit on his chin.

Jack quickly rubbed it off with his hands, his movements showed he was frightened and nervous.

"Well Jack," Molly began. "Sounds like you are a good man to have around at a sticky spot."

Jack only gave her a timid closed-lip smile.

Suddenly, a trumpet started playing. I felt my heart jump at the fright of that. "Damn, why do they always have to announce dinner like a damn cavalry charge?" Molly said.

Suddenly, everyone started rushing towards the entrance. I heard chatter, I heard the noise of all this.

I felt my nervous skip of my heart as I laughed nervously.

"Shall we go change, mother?"

I walked towards her and looked back for a moment, over my shoulder.

I caught Jack's face, we held eye contact as I said, "See you at dinner, Jack."

My mother and I were walking away in a rushed manner. I felt embarrassment, humiliation.

I tried to make a way through the crowded corridor, rushing back to my room.

Oh, this couldn't possibly be happening!
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 27, 2015
Jack's Point of View

Rose walked away from me like a graceful flower drifting on the clear water.

It was hard to keep my eyes off her as she made it through the crowd. She looked over her shoulder with her mother beside her as she said,

"See you at dinner, Jack."

From all the noise around me, I only read her red glossed lips.

Her smile lasted for only a second, until she moved her face back to ahead of her. I was lost by her presence, as I kept looking at her.

Thoughts rushed past my head at the same time. What had happened just now? It was something I never wanted, never expected.

I felt nervous and humiliated.

Rose's mother looked at me in a disgusted manner, as if she had seen the world's most disgusting man- or maybe I just am the world's most disgusting man.

But their eyes showed the uncomfortable feeling they felt for Rose to be with me.

Just today, I realized something about Rose I hadn't realized before. How different she was from other first class people.

I did not understand exactly what I was feeling for her, but I was in love. Her beautiful eyes were in my head at every moment. I was in love with who she truly was, yet I did not understand it.

I knew I couldn't let anyone know of the feelings, not even myself. I couldn't really believe it. I knew I had not a chance with her, she was married, and above all I shouldn't have even been thinking so much about her, so in love.

I should just ban myself from this feeling entirely. God, I didn't know what to do.

And with that spitting that happened, how would I face her family at this dinner? Already had a terrible start, this will only continue worse.

I didn't care, though. I was going anyways. But really, what was I going to wear?

I heard an outside voice come to me, barely though, it was if it had come from another dimension.

I snapped out of dream and blinked. I looked at the woman in front of me, she stayed there when I thought they all left.

"Uhh, Son!"

She yelled, as I had not heard her the first time. I turned my eyes over to the woman's face.

She had fat cheeks, and round small blue eyes. They looked like tiny buttons squashed up into her fat chipmunk cheeks. I listened to her, she had a strange sarcastic expression.

"do you have the slightest comprehension of what you're doing?"

I looked at her for a moment, and tried my best to sound casual. "Not really," I told her as I drifted my eyes to my left for a moment, until returning them.

I was leaning on the edge of the ship, feeling the wind blow freely onto the back of my neck.

"Well, you're about to go into the snake pit. I hope you're ready. What are you planning to wear?"

She asked me.

I looked down at my clothes and I shrugged my shoulders, I turned my eyes back on her's.

"Pfff, I figured. Come on,"

She told me as she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the crowd.

The walls that surrounded me were dim by the wall lamp, the walls were decorated with beautiful mahogany, orange colors.

There was a couch on the end of the room, there all my other clothes were dumped, instead of being worn.

Instead, I had a fine white shirt, and black fancy pants. I looked at myself in the long mirror, my hair was pulled back with gel and my eyes shone with a new expression at the strange manner I looked.

I had never worn anything like this, most importantly- I had never been in a room like this one! I had never experienced such luxury as this one.

I could not believe my eyes at the sight of all this.

The woman's name was Molly, she changed dresses into something more "elegant" although in my eyes, it looked the same as elegant.

She was behind me pulling me into a black suite, as she said.
Re: TITANIC by writywave(f): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2015
That first line is terrific! I don't know if it's yours or something, but seriously, if you know every awesome thing you've written there is yours, then what are you waiting for? Develop it! Change the character names. Twist up the plotline a bit, make it original, then send it out to agents. There are many popular writers now whose debuts are reworks on their fanfic. Don't believe me? Check out Cassie Clare's The Mortal Instruments.
Don't waste precious talent. You'll make a very good author.
Re: TITANIC by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
*following*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Idemudia The Village Boy / Shadows On Waters / Looking For Professional Screenplay Writer Or Screenwriter Or Movie Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.