Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

The South East Problem - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South East Problem (5604 Views)

Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum / South-East Governors Almost Mobilized Buses, Trucks To Evacuate Igbos From North / Yoruba Elders Accuse Buhari Of Marginalizing The South & Favouring The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South East Problem by Lordave: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: The South East Problem by obailala(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
kettykin:
The south East does not have any problem the problem is rather with the skewed federalism practiced in Nigeria. The economic predatorship that south west have in mind to practice on the rest of the country but have a stumbling block on very high skilled igbo business men whose business logic has defied all under ground permuattions, sabotage, scorch earth policies piloted by false patriots in the North and south west and the ungodly human tsunami perpetrated by the North against the middlebelt with middle belt leaders preferring rather to channel their aggressions on Biafra and Ojukwu than confront their terrors .
When would Igbos stop this needless paranoia?... When would Igbos just for once understand that the southwest was never, isn't and will never be our major problem?... We really need to stop this paranoid reasoning of thinking the southwest is our problem; that is not true at all. Bad leadership is the only reason why we havent attained much more than we ought to.

The economic predatorship which you talk about is suffered by every single ethnic group, tribe and geographical region, and the real culprits are the evil leaders we've always been unfortunate to have at both the national and regional level. Just imagine a person like T.A Orji representing Igbos in Abuja and you really still think our biggest problem in the southeast are the Yorubas?

We really need to stop this senseless and retrogressive rivalry with the southwest. This wasn't the kind of healthy rivalry the western and eastern regions practiced pre-civil war era which led to rapid development in both regions. We need to wake up from this silly slumber.

1 Like

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
Alaoji Power plant Abia state

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
Geometric Power plant Aba, for those asking question about power plant in southeast

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Century Power Generation Limited also building power plant in Okija, Anambra state.
http://century-power.com/about-cpg.html

2 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by obailala(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
@FKO81,

Why do you think the Yorubas are the problem of the southeast?
Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
obailala:
@FKO81,

Why do you think the Yorubas are the problem of the southeast?
What did you mean by " Problem of Southeast" and please can you point where I wrote that?

1 Like

Re: The South East Problem by MayorofLagos(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
dckelvin:

Biafra is our stake.

...and thats what OP is talking about. So get off your soapbox about Yorubaland and start talking Biafra to the OP.
Re: The South East Problem by obailala(m): 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
FKO81:

What did you mean by " Problem of Southeast" and please can you point where I wrote that?
I personally think the OP raised some pertinent issues which are worthy of consideration. We really need to hold our leaders and representatives more accountable if we must see more development in the SE. Even though you did not write it in black and white, your first comment on this thread implies a clear and needless resentment for the Yorubas as if to say they are responsible for the problems of the southeast.
Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
[s]
obailala:
I personally think the OP raised some pertinent issues which are worthy of consideration. We really need to hold our leaders and representatives more accountable if we must see more development in the SE. Even though you did not write it in black and white, your first comment on this thread implies a clear and needless resentment for the Yorubas as if to say they are responsible for the problems of the southeast.
[/s]
Face front, go and solve the problem in your region first.

1 Like

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: The South East Problem by mensdept: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
There you guys go again with pictures and think that is development. Low standards I tell you. The skyline of Enugu? Seriously? Its like London of 1850.

Lets be serious and demand for world class structures and at least an airport that can connect the East to the world for goodness sake. 16 years of promise and nothing
Re: The South East Problem by BLOTRS: 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nice pictures...this is a true representation of the present day south east...Things will get overwhelmingly better with the coming of BIAFRA

2 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
mensdept:
There you guys go again with pictures and think that is development. Low standards I tell you. The skyline of Enugu? Seriously? Its like London of 1850.

Lets be serious and demand for world class structures and at least an airport that can connect the East to the world for goodness sake. 16 years of promise and nothing
Same UK that colonized Nigeria, at least we are heading somewhere, how old is London and who told you East is not connected to outside world?
And mind you some states in Nigeria are still looking the same way our Colonial masters left them grin

4 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by Adegbodolu1: 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
I have seen lots of pictures and that got me asking, where are the people?

Are there any economic activities big enough to sustain these states and its people? No.........

It is clear that the Igbos are rich but their western and northern counterparts are wealthy............who pays the rich? The wealthy...

Peace.
Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
Adegbodolu1:
I have seen lots of pictures and that got me asking, where are the people?

Are there any economic activities big enough to sustain these states and its people? No.........

It is clear that the Igbos are rich but their western and northern counterparts are wealthy............who pays the rich? The wealthy...

Peace.
Poverty is ravaging your zone and you are telling me you are wealthy, contiune consoling youself while you are sincking, come to east to know how we sustain and build our cities.

3 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by obailala(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
FKO81:
[s][/s]
Face front, go and solve the problem in your region first.
I am from Imo state.. what region are you talking about?... What's the meaning of this senseless tribal fights all the time?... Can't you just make a reasonable argument without going tribal?.. Why must the black man be so petty?
Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
obailala:
I am from Imo state.. what region are you talking about?... What's the meaning of this senseless tribal fights all the time?... Can't you just make a reasonable argument without going tribal?.. Why must the black man be so petty?
My friend go and educate those tribal E-goats that open senseless threads about Igbos before coming here to lecture me,
Re: The South East Problem by obailala(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
FKO81:

My friend go and educate those tribal E-goats that open senseless threads about Igbos before coming here to lecture me,
When you stoop to the same level of the people you criticise and do exactly what they do (even though you claim it's in response), what makes you think you are any better than they are?... Have you ever heard of the word 'ignore'?... Someone has got to be the bigger man. Please, please and please, kindly ignore the senseless threads you think are offensive and you will gradually see those threads dissappear. This back and forth tribal battles only make Nairaland distasteful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIDEO: See How Kogi Gov. (yahaya Bello) Was Stoned In His State / Northern Governors' Forum Hail Buhari On Appointment Of Service Chiefs / Trouble For ESN, Watch Video Of Ebubeagu Security Men In Military Formation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.