Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

The South East Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South East Problem (5603 Views)

Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum / South-East Governors Almost Mobilized Buses, Trucks To Evacuate Igbos From North / Yoruba Elders Accuse Buhari Of Marginalizing The South & Favouring The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The South East Problem by radgenez: 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
Over the years the cry for sovereignty for the igbo nation has been intensifying but now it is reaching a peak and should not be ignored. there are many reasons why people should seek to be independent but does that necessarily mean that their problems will end, the real problem with the igbo nation or ndigbo as we are now fondly called is not because of our people but our leaders and the lackadasial attitude we display towards our governance.

THE PRE BIAFRA ERA
This was the period when we were completely devoted to the nigerian project. then we were the eastern region and in a temporary state of happiness we had good governance and the reason why was because we held our leaders responsible it was during this period we truly saw development in the south east. Enugu was beautiful and bubbling with economic activities, Ph was ongoing and UNN was established. But since that dark period of the pogroms and the civil war everything we achieved was either destroyed or stagnated.
we have truly become worse off than we originally were all the multinational companies, oil palm plantations and almost everything that made that era great were destroyed. Infact it was the civil war and division of Igbo land into states that started this spate of Igbo disunity today. we are ika, ngwa mbaise, etche, ikwerre before we are igbo.
a people divided on all fronts can never progress. we need to have a united front can never progress we rather need to become united with both the SS and the rest if the country we will not gain anything in a democracy by becoming isolated.

LACK OF DEVELOPMENT IN THE SOUTH EAST.
The title speaks for itself, has there been any significant capital devt. in the southeast for the past 50 years, honestly this issue makes me emotional sometimes.
which federal universities, airports, roads,seaports,hospitals, industries can we point to in the south east. our region is the most densely populated in nigeria and maybe even WA and this alone doesn't even give the FG any reason to act, this issue alone is responsible for the massive emigration from the SE to even hostile environments.
FOR GODS SAKE, we have been screaming for a damn bridge for the past 30+ years and uncle jona didn't even bat an eye to build a more expensive project(abj-kd railway).
Every parent in the south east major concern is which university will my child go to, it is no wonder we have the largest amount of illegal private universities in nigeria, i mean besides UNN (which has even been destroyed) what else is there.
Every month we all gather to celebrate our kinsmen who have" made it in lagos."
while the roads to their villages are not motorable. AND LATER SOME PEEPS WILL WONDER WHY WE WANT TO LEAVE NIGERIA. GOD HELP US!!!!!!!.

THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE.
One thing i learnt from GEJ government is that we should not allow familiarity to come before competency. we are currently in a dilemna because we are the only region with no representation in the ruling party we should not keep quiet about this because we need people who can pressure the current government. Even with all he influence we had during OBJ rulership here was no devt. in SE what can we then gain if we do lack political influence. The PDP we are currently carrying on our heads is gradually losing grounds in the SS.
As it stands our children living in other parts of the country have acculturated and hate the prospect of returning to the SE. Our language is currently going extinct even within the confines of our villages. Recent population statistics show that the south east is not up to the population of kano+ katsina.and with the constant emigration and increased birth rate in the north kano will soon become larger in population than the whole south east i.e: we are gradually becoming a minority in this country. IF WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT OUR CURRENT STATE NOW WE WILL REMAIN STAGNANT FOREVER.
CONCLUSIONS:
we need to take a consensus and know if biafra is feasible or not because if we dont we will continue to divide our attention and the government will continue the systematic rape of the SE.
We need to create political awareness in the south east and stop electing effluential personalities who will live off our allocation but rather innovative technocrats we need a more widespread but convergent representation in national parties including a strong regional party(a Reformation of APGA).
We should also stop the attitude of giving blind support to the FG at all times and by all means because we are just motivating them to ignore us. we all know the north was highly favoured in GEJ administration because they were his stiffest opposition,we may not have any significant political weight in this country but our resolve will pull through.
If this is not possible we should then push for the actualisation of our own country with or without support from the SS.

PS: i am an igbo guy through and through and do not need ur approval to speak my mind.

1 Like

Re: The South East Problem by bakila: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
no wahala
Re: The South East Problem by dckelvin(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
I swear.
i have reasoned and thought more than this way.
and each tym i do, i always come to a conclution that biafra is the only way.
IF We get Biafra. we will always see and treat it as a country that it is.
even the hatred that we will be geting from Oduduwa republic will challenge us and make us to WORK HARDER TO make Biafra to be Greater and Better than every other country in Africa. and believe me. i have so much trust that Nnamdi kanu can take us there.
Biafra is the only solution to our problem or else east will remain backward and underdeveloped village for a very long period of tym cos we are not the only one in nigeria and those who see nigeria as their personal property will not leave their own region to come and develop the east for you.
BIAFRA IS THE ONLY SOLUTION.

13 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by missKiffy(f): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
You want them to eat you alive
Re: The South East Problem by vayne(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Why open another thread
Re: The South East Problem by 9jii(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: The South East Problem by sammyj: 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: The South East Problem by Shortyy(f): 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
i couldn't read it
Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2015
[s][[s]quote author=radgenez post=34503324]Over the years the cry for sovereignty for the igbo nation has been intensifying but now it is reaching a peak and should not be ignored. there are many reasons why people should seek to be independent but does that necessarily mean that their problems will end, the real problem with the igbo nation or ndigbo as we are now fondly called is not because of our people but our leaders and the lackadasial attitude we display towards our governance.

THE PRE BIAFRA ERA
This was the period when we were completely devoted to the nigerian project. then we were the eastern region and in a temporary state of happiness we had good governance and the reason why was because we held our leaders responsible it was during this period we truly saw development in the south east. Enugu was beautiful and bubbling with economic activities, Ph was ongoing and UNN was established. But since that dark period of the pogroms and the civil war everything we achieved was either destroyed or stagnated.
we have truly become worse off than we originally were all the multinational companies, oil palm plantations and almost everything that made that era great were destroyed. Infact it was the civil war and division of Igbo land into states that started this spate of Igbo disunity today. we are ika, ngwa mbaise, etche, ikwerre before we are igbo.
a people divided on all fronts can never progress. we need to have a united front can never progress we rather need to become united with both the SS and the rest if the country we will not gain anything in a democracy by becoming isolated.

LACK OF DEVELOPMENT IN THE SOUTH EAST.
The title speaks for itself, has there been any significant capital devt. in the southeast for the past 50 years, honestly this issue makes me emotional sometimes.
which federal universities, airports, roads,seaports,hospitals, industries can we point to in the south east. our region is the most densely populated in nigeria and maybe even WA and this alone doesn't even give the FG any reason to act, this issue alone is responsible for the massive emigration from the SE to even hostile environments.
FOR GODS SAKE, we have been screaming for a damn bridge for the past 30+ years and uncle jona didn't even bat an eye to build a more expensive project(abj-kd railway).
Every parent in the south east major concern is which university will my child go to, it is no wonder we have the largest amount of illegal private universities in nigeria, i mean besides UNN (which has even been destroyed) what else is there.
Every month we all gather to celebrate our kinsmen who have" made it in lagos."
while the roads to their villages are not motorable. AND LATER SOME PEEPS WILL WONDER WHY WE WANT TO LEAVE NIGERIA. GOD HELP US!!!!!!!.

THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE.
One thing i learnt from GEJ government is that we should not allow familiarity to come before competency. we are currently in a dilemna because we are the only region with no representation in the ruling party we should not keep quiet about this because we need people who can pressure the current government. Even with all he influence we had during OBJ rulership here was no devt. in SE what can we then gain if we do lack political influence. The PDP we are currently carrying on our heads is gradually losing grounds in the SS.
As it stands our children living in other parts of the country have acculturated and hate the prospect of returning to the SE. Our language is currently going extinct even within the confines of our villages. Recent population statistics show that the south east is not up to the population of kano+ katsina.and with the constant emigration and increased birth rate in the north kano will soon become larger in population than the whole south east i.e: we are gradually becoming a minority in this country. IF WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT OUR CURRENT STATE NOW WE WILL REMAIN STAGNANT FOREVER.
CONCLUSIONS:
we need to take a consensus and know if biafra is feasible or not because if we dont we will continue to divide our attention and the government will continue the systematic rape of the SE.
We need to create political awareness in the south east and stop electing effluential personalities who will live off our allocation but rather innovative technocrats we need a more widespread but convergent representation in national parties including a strong regional party(a Reformation of APGA).
We should also stop the attitude of giving blind support to the FG at all times and by all means because we are just motivating them to ignore us. we all know the north was highly favoured in GEJ administration because they were his stiffest opposition,we may not have any significant political weight in this country but our resolve will pull through.
If this is not possible we should then push for the actualisation of our own country with or without support from the SS.

PS: i am an igbo guy through and through and do not need ur approval[/s] to speak my mind.
[/s]
Ewu this is one state in southeast can you show me any state in your region outside Lagos that was developed by all Nigerians that the development surpass this state

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South East Problem by ykblazzers(m): 1:07am On Jun 07, 2015
AGIP ( any Government in power ) people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 4:07am On Jun 07, 2015
can you show me any state in your region that is better than this state except Lag which was develop by all Nigerians

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 5:05am On Jun 07, 2015
This is Anambra state, Go to Enugu,Imo, Abia and Ebonyi to feed your eyes not to stay in your region and think southeast states are deserted

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by biafransoul: 5:12am On Jun 07, 2015
The problem with most of them is that they have never travelled pass Sagamu in their lives. Most of them don't know that the East is much far developed and modern than SW states apart from Lagos. Thank God for Fayose that is sending some across to go and learn some trade instead of doing Agbero everywhere.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by MayorofLagos(m): 5:31am On Jun 07, 2015
This OP is sn Igbo son and opened a thread to vent his concerns, all of which are relevant and precise, instead of responding to his address, monkeeys jumped in and started blaming Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2015
MayorofLagos:
This OP is sn Igbo son and opened a thread to vent his concerns, all of which are relevant and precise, instead of responding to his address, monkeeys jumped in and started blaming Yoruba.

Ediot I know you are the one that used another name to write that rubbish, I know you guys like back of my scrotum.

8 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by kettykin: 10:42am On Jun 07, 2015
The south East does not have any problem the problem is rather with the skewed federalism practiced in Nigeria. The economic predatorship that south west have in mind to practice on the rest of the country but have a stumbling block on very high skilled igbo business men whose business logic has defied all under ground permuattions, sabotage, scorch earth policies piloted by false patriots in the North and south west and the ungodly human tsunami perpetrated by the North against the middlebelt with middle belt leaders preferring rather to channel their aggressions on Biafra and Ojukwu than confront their terrors .

5 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2015
Where is the yoruba imposter OP? He done run...hahaha. FKO81 shut him up. I bet he was surprised when he saw Awka and Onitsha gorgeous skylines.

Enugu skyline!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2015
Few Pics from Imo for those that think Nigeria start from Lagos and end in Osogbo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2015
Few pics from Abia state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by ak47mann(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2015
dckelvin:
I swear.
i have reasoned and thought more than this way.
and each tym i do, i always come to a conclution that biafra is the only way.
IF We get Biafra. we will always see and treat it as a country that it is.
even the hatred that we will be geting from Oduduwa republic will challenge us and make us to WORK HARDER TO make Biafra to be Greater and Better than every other country in Africa. and believe me. i have so much trust that Nnamdi kanu can take us there.
Biafra is the only solution to our problem or else east will remain backward and underdeveloped village for a very long period of tym cos we are not the only one in nigeria and those who see nigeria as their personal property will not leave their own region to come and develop the east for you.
BIAFRA IS THE ONLY SOLUTION.
you are right cool

4 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by ikeyman00(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2015
@@@@
kitty

The south East does not have any problem the problem is rather with the skewed federalism practiced in Nigeria. The economic predatorship that south west have in mind to practice on the rest of the country but have a stumbling block on very high skilled igbo business men whose business logic has defied all under ground permuattions, sabotage, scorch earth policies piloted by false patriots in the North and south west and the ungodly human tsunami perpetrated by the North against the middlebelt with middle belt leaders preferring rather to channel their aggressions on Biafra and Ojukwu than confront their terrors .

rubbish we have a very big problem

u have Igbos losing the igbo language under your watch and you dnt see that as a problem oh my god

i dnt even wana talk about your darling Nigeria

we want to go back to who we are like the Japanese and the Chinese

Study, read and write in Igbo; develop and invent things in Igbo

trade in Biafra currency etc

therefore Biafra is the solution to all our wahala

moving back to who what made us should be paramount and pivotal to our survival as a People

time to think Striaght

5 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by Rilwon: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2015
FKO81:
can you show me any state in your region that is better than this state except Lag which was develop by all Nigerians

Some part of oyo state are far more better than this.
Re: The South East Problem by radgenez: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2015
all this postings do nothing but prove inferiority skyline what is the point of showing gorgeous empty mansions when there is no govt presence or city planning fr that matter..u can choose to ignore it if you want but in the next ten years you will understand the importance of what i am saying...
Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2015
Ebonyi state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by radgenez: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2015
all this postings do nothing but prove inferiority complex what is the point of showing gorgeous empty mansions when there is no govt presence or city planning fr that matter..u can choose to ignore it if you want but in the next ten years you will understand the importance of what i am saying...
Re: The South East Problem by ak47mann(m): 11:53am On Jun 07, 2015
because igbos and other none igbos from south south and south east thought that with one big nigeria they are better off, but as days goes by eyes don clear. Some mistake have been made but they can still amend it for the sake of future generation will have feeling of belonging have love and attached to their lands and develop SS/SE, no one will do that for us only us can do it.This is why those regions are looting because they don't believe in nigerian project they only shout one nigeria because of the looting and benefits they get from us. cool

8 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 11:56am On Jun 07, 2015
Rilwon:

Some part of oyo state are far more better than this.
which Oyo can we see that part? I have more than enough pics to chase you out from this thread,

9 Likes

Re: The South East Problem by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 07, 2015
radgenez:
all this postings do nothing but prove inferiority complex what is the point of showing gorgeous empty mansions when there is no govt presence or city planning fr that matter..u can choose to ignore it if you want but in the next ten years you will understand the importance of what i am saying...

man shut up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by Blackfire(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
If u are a yoruba person and u think igboland is landlock and dense.. Then u are a foo.l, from asaba as u enter the niger bride,welcome by a clean road network of bridge head, as u enter upper iweka , u see 4 story building standing side by side like soldeirs.
From ibadan to onisha is 2k(6hours). Travel and see.
Eni ti koba de oko baba elomi, anipe oko baba ti re lo tobi ju.
Insult me and see

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South East Problem by Rilwon: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
FKO81:

which Oyo can we see that part? I have more than enough pics to chase you out from this thread,

I'm not a photographer, I don't go about shootinh pics. I have been around oyo state, and confidently say that those pictures you upload are hogwash compared to what is here.
Re: The South East Problem by FKO81(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
radgenez:
No government present in southeast and they are best in Education, poverty reduction, health care etc. why some states in southwest can't pay civil servants for months, southwestern states are highest indebted states in southern region and poverty is growing at high rate in that region

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Speech After His Final Accreditation Will Melt You(photos) / No One Shot In London: Shia Procession Bring To A Halt London's Busiest Street / This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.