Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. (2414 Views)

Total Strangers Marry At First Sight - New York Post / Is Obama Likely To Win His Relection Bid In The States? / Why Is Obama Refered To As A Black Man When He Is 50% Of Both Races? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
davidylan:

this is a non-issue. We blacks have become overly sensitive over nothing. So cartoonists had their field-day with Bush and Clinton, whites didnt go around complaining about it. Its a cartoon, allow the cartoonist to draw . . . i personally thought the cartoon was funny.

The triangle formed by joining the points "Black", "White" and "Cartoons", in America, is scalene. Symmetry is only an illusion!
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by KarmaMod(f): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2009
Yea why not pretend not to be a beast so as not to be demoted by Seun grin

Most def. What amuses me is that they had an alibi all lined up - the other monkey that was shot dead in Connecticut.  lol  It was creative, poor taste, but creative. And you're right if anyone it should be Obama who should feel insulted not the "entire black race".

Before we know it Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will soon organize a rally in Harlem for "black rights" against the cartoon. Like we don't have bigger problems facing the black community.

Lmao Im already waiting for Sharpton and the other dramatic drag queens to start their protesting.

Debo, while some of us arent quick to be offended by such things, you have to consider some things

Take that situation in Spain with the football team, cant remember the name right now, how come it was for the black player that they threw a banana? It's in the history of racism that alot of them like to say black people look like ape/gorillas etc. hence this hoopla.

Like I said for some it's like whatever but with the overly PC community we live in, one has to wonder how the hell did they think they could get away with that.

I personally found the cover of the New Yorker last year funny, the one where Obama is fistpumping his wife. I didnt see the harm in it, sadly some people did. So for people to be offended by something like that, did they really think this one would be able to slip thru?
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by KarmaMod(f): 11:22pm On Feb 19, 2009
Where do they find these jobless zombies at such short notice to organize the rally?

Welfare lines led by Hero and Girl22 grin
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by RichyBlacK(m): 11:49pm On Feb 19, 2009
KarmaMod:

Yea why not pretend not to be a beast so as not to be demoted by Seun  grin

LOL! grin

We can debate and exchange ideas, however, if you insult me I will and must retaliate. I've said it many times before, I'm a gentleman but I don't tolerate women who think they've cornered the art of insulting men. I'm not one of those "nice guys" who will keep quiet and say nothing. We must all learn to exchange ideas without resorting to insults. wink

So, let's keep the ideas flowing. grin
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by Nnenna1(f): 12:03am On Feb 20, 2009
I don't know if the NY post is racist.

But one would be stupid to think they didn't know the implication of what they were doing in the first place.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by RichyBlacK(m): 12:06am On Feb 20, 2009
Nnenna1:

I don't know if the NY post is racist.

But one would be stupid to think they didn't know the implication of what they were doing in the first place.

I concur.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by TOYOSI20(f): 12:25am On Feb 20, 2009
This cartoon is offensive on so many levels. . . . . . .very very, and i didn’t find it the least bit amusing to say the least! shocked shocked

I was shocked & disgusted when I first saw it. . . . . . It is racist, violent, and insensitive.  lipsrsealed

It is possible that the cartoonist didn't realize he was creating something with racial undertones. . . . . sad

as he was drawing it, but after it was finished, it should have been caught by himself and/or his editors and not printed.

Aside from the racial undertones, it is also violent and insensitive to the death of the chimpanzee.

Trivializing death in this fashion is just plain wrong! Lets face it there’ll still be a lot more of these kinds

of cheap jabs and racially offensive remarks, it just so happens that it was the New York Post that threw the first official punch,

~Sighs~. . . .Just might be the LA Times Tomorrow who knows . . . PATHETIC if u ask me!!!!! cry
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by SHENANIGAN(m): 12:54am On Feb 20, 2009
What do you folks expect from the New York post sev, do you guys remember the cartoon they had of Barrack and Michelle in the white house with Michelle holding an AK-47 during the primaries. New York post and Fox News are both owned but that Jew monster Rupert Murdoch and we all know Fox Noise is nothing but a right wing propaganda station.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by tpia: 1:38am On Feb 20, 2009
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by Epi: 2:33am On Feb 20, 2009
Let the New York Post know that this is not OK

Please join us in demanding that The Post apologize publicly and fire the editor who allowed this cartoon to go to print:
You can help by making it clear that the Post's behavior is unacceptable, and by asking your friends and family to do the same. It only takes a minute:

http://colorofchange.org/nypost/?id=2115-679443

love
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by KarmaMod(f): 2:44am On Feb 20, 2009
I am the queen of that "art", mr man. Unlike some people, I dont have to hide behind another name to do so. cool

do you guys remember the cartoon they had of Barrack and Michelle in the white house with Michelle holding an AK-47 during the primaries

That one was funny. Buy a sense of a humor.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by JeSoul(f): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2009
KarmaMod:

Welfare lines led by Hero and Girl22 grin
ROTFLOL cheesy of course!

KarmaMod:

That one was funny. Buy a sense of a humor.
or rent or lease one.
I can't believe the hyperventilation that black ppl are doing over this. Well they have apologized, can the country now move on?
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by Dede1(m): 5:40am On Feb 21, 2009
Sometimes, I wonder loudly why many Africans and their off-shoots tend to arrogate inferior mentality to them. They are readier than ever to accept any derogatory names the Europeans would called them. It is very amazing how the Africans universally accepted that BLACK is synonymous to Africa. Now, it is monkey or chimpanzee.

The cartoon is funny and silly. It is funny because it is a cartoon and silly because Obama did not write the stimulus plan even though he supported it and signed the passage.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by TayoD1(m): 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2009
@Dede1,

The cartoon is funny and silly. It is funny because it is a cartoon and silly because Obama did not write the stimulus plan even though he supported it and signed the passage.
Which is an eloquent testimony that Obama was not the primary object of that cartoon! The chaimpazee was a referencfe to the writer of the bill which was most certainly not Obama!!!!
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by bawomolo(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2009
I think we all saw this coming. black people would attribute every criticism of Barrack Obama to racism.  The white man would always be out to get him as they say,
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by JeSoul(f): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2009
bawomolo:

I think we all saw this coming. black people would attribute every criticism of Barrack Obama to racism. The white man would always be out to get him as they say,
You could not have said that better.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by TayoD1(m): 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2009
@bawomolo,

I think we all saw this coming. black people would attribute every criticism of Barrack Obama to racism. The white man would always be out to get him as they say,
So right. It was in the news this past week that one Black Democrat accused any Republican Governor who refuse to accept the Federal Govt bailout funds of racism. Here is the story below:

COLUMBIA, S.C.: The highest-ranking black congressman says opposition to the federal stimulus package by southern governors is "a slap in the face of African-Americans."

Democratic Congressman Jim Clyburn of South Carolina said Thursday he was insulted when the GOP governors of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina said they might not accept some of the money from the $787 billion stimulus package. Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday he would accept the money.

Clyburn said he was trying to protect black Americans when he added a provision to the stimulus package that would let state lawmakers override governors who oppose it.

Clyburn's spokeswoman later said he didn't mean that he thought those governors were racially motivated, but rejecting it would hurt large black populations in their states.
- http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/19/america/Stimulus-Governors.php
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by KarmaMod(f): 2:11am On Feb 22, 2009
Um sorry but even though some of us arent offended by the dumb cartoon, it IS meant as a jab at Obama not Pelosi and such

If it was to Pelosi, they would have made the chimp with obvious feminine characteristics, with LIPSTICK and such.

It wasnt Pelosi who signed the bill, it wasnt her who went to various states asking citizens to support the bill. It was all Obama

The cartoon didnt have to literally say "Someone else will have to SIGN the Stimulus Bill" to know that it was aimed at Obama

Sorry people.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by Dede1(m): 3:57am On Feb 22, 2009
The cartoon is in order and within the limits of freedom of speech. Obama is a territory that calls for such jokes. It is a territory that comes with good, bad and ugly. George Bush was subjected to all sorts of ridicules and yet there was no cry or protest. If all these frustrated whiners assume that the mainstream press would fold up and disappear because Obama is the president, I suggest you take sleeping pill because four years are not sixty minutes.
Re: Is Obama Now A Crazed Monkey Check This Out From The New York Post. by Gamine(f): 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2009
'Bama shouldnt be messed with in any way! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protest Banned In Burundi / 9/11 BOMBSHELL: METHODICAL DECEPTION -- Rebekah Roth / Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.