Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,023 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Signs Of The End Times - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs Of The End Times (45297 Views)

The Signs Of End Times. When Is The World Going To End? / Nigeria’s Looming Economic Troubles Is A Sign Of End Times / Biblical Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Likitamc:

2Peter3:3-15
To begin with, you must know and understand this, that scoffers (mockers) will come in the last days with scoffing, [people who] walk after their own fleshly desires

4And say, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the forefathers fell asleep, all things have continued exactly as they did from the beginning of creation.

5For they willfully overlook and forget this [fact], that the heavens [came into] existence long ago by the word of God, and the earth also which was formed out of water and by means of water,

6Through which the world that then [existed] was deluged with water and perished.(A)

7But by the same word the present heavens and earth have been stored up (reserved) for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly people.

8Nevertheless, do not let this one fact escape you, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.(B)

9The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people's conception of slowness, but He is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will vanish (pass away) with a thunderous crash, and the [[a]material] elements [of the universe] will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.

11Since all these things are thus [b]in the process of being dissolved, what kind of person ought [each of] you to be [in the meanwhile] in consecrated and holy behavior and devout and godly qualities,

12While you wait and earnestly long for (expect and hasten) the coming of the day of God by reason of which the flaming heavens will be dissolved, and the [[c]material] elements [of the universe] will flare and melt with fire?(C)

13But we look for new heavens and a new earth according to His promise, in which righteousness (uprightness, freedom from sin, and right standing with God) is to abide.(D)

14So, beloved, since you are expecting these things, be eager to be found by Him [at His coming] without spot or blemish and at peace [in serene confidence, [d]free from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts].

15And consider that the long-suffering of our Lord [[e]His slowness in avenging wrongs and judging the world] is salvation

OK!
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Obiwannn: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
xtervaganza:
Stop giving us Bullshiiit abeg, all these you listed have been happening since when Jesus himself was around.

The world will not end, it is you who will sod off from this planet and go sing to your god will he burns your parents in everlasting fire for lying

Religion is a fraud!!!!!
CHRISTAINITY IS NOT RELIGION.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by turl(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
Utter rubbish!

Same ol' story since I was a kid.

Keep giving your money to pastors and when you're sick, stay indoors and pray, no doctors, no medicine..the lord is your shephard.
Let god take control, and let natural selection take it's cause.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of The End Times by xtervaganza(m): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
Obiwannn:

CHRISTAINITY IS NOT RELIGION.
tell me what it is then
Re: Signs Of The End Times by macgibbs(m): 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
the angel to the laodicean church.Really?
yeah, on point! you heard or read his messages?
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Gold45(f): 12:20am On Jun 08, 2015
otr1 what church do you attend?
Is it by any means related to the Voice of God and Prphet Branham?
Re: Signs Of The End Times by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2015
ratatis:

Fine, Bro! Nothing out of the ordinary.
And you?

Doing great my man.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Ranchhoddas: 10:45am On Jun 08, 2015
macgibbs:

yeah, on point! you heard or read his messages?
yeah.I have a fanatic friend.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
Youngzedd:

Have you registered for BVN?

If YES, forget heaven because you're now one of them grin grin grin grin
No, I haven't. It's not the mark on its own, but a tool in controlling people into accepting the mark. When the time comes, people will gladly accept the mark, because it's even widely accepted now. Not physical, but spiritual and it has to do with worship.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
Gold45:
otr1 what church do you attend?
Is it by any means related to the Voice of God and Prphet Branham?
No.
I attend Christ Apostolic Church. Sometimes, I worship at Living Faith or RCCG, depending on my location.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
Obiwannn:

STOPPED TAKING U SERIOUSLY WHEN U MENTIONED RAPTURE, HELL FIRE as wrong teachings. interesting piece nontheless
Don't get me wrong. There's hell fire and those found wanton will be thrown in it and they'll die a second death(Rev 20:14-15). For God's sake, Ezekiel 18:20 makes us understand that the soul that sins will DIE. Our all merciful God won't burn you for eternity just for a short live of sin, in a body prone to sin.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
Minet16:

you must understand that they are men of God and not spirit of God, so they are prone to make mistakes but that doesn't mean they aren't called by God... David killed a man and slept with his wife, but was the man after God's heart.

take this that work is physical
while fruits is spiritual

1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

MINET16
I know men of God are mere mortals, but care must be taken when teaching. Teachings and doctrines should be in tandem with the word of God. Prosperity must not come first before seeking the kingdom of God
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
kennyamusan:
trinity,hell are false teachings May God help u op Too much wisdom kills,hope u know that Am not moved by writings cos anyone can do that.as long as u don't believe in some salient things about christianity,u r on your on,same with what u have writing so far. I wonder with your rubbish where u will have the moral or spiritual justification against the muslims or atheist if we christians doesn't agree on things By the way,u r either JW,deeper life or the new generation churches Which one are you
Don't get me wrong, I never said there's no hell. What I said is, it's not eternal. Isn't wages of sin, death? Won't the soul that sins die? (Ezekiel 18:20). Which second death for grave, death itself and the lost is Revelation 20:14- talking about?
You have to understand that God will be making all things new in the New Jerusalem and things won't get new with grave, death and the lost souls burning for eternity.
And trinity? That teaching crept into christianity from somewhere else. I'll put things up on that some time. We have YHWH the Supreme Being. We have Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God). These are not 3 separate God heads in One. We can't separate the Spirit of God from Him. Just because some people said so to appeal to pagans who have similar belief doesn't make it right. We're united in worshipping on sundays, while the Bible says it's 7th day Sabbath, but that will never make it right. We must not be united in errors. Bible should be our guide and since it is silent on trinity, then we should leave it that way.

I'm not a member of any of the Churches you mentioned.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
vacanci:

What about the spirit of the dead Roaming about and hurting the living according to people.

For example, it is said that if one does not give his dead parents a befitting burial, the wrath will desend on the family and bad things could happen.

If dead remain dead, how come deliverance minister often refer to dead relatives as not happy with the living and so wrecking havoc.
The dead are in the grave resting, waiting for judgment. We have millions of demons impersonating the dead. Once a person dies, the breath in him returns to God who gave it and the body returns to dust from where it came till the judgement day.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
vacanci:

Can you please explain further. Is teaching about rapture, trinity, eternal hell fire and worshipping on Sundays false?
The rapture theory teaches that Jesus will suddenly rapture away the believers away before the end of the world and before the lost are gathered during which we will be great tribulation. But if you read Matt 13:24-30, it says the opposite. Jesus went further in Matt. 13:38-40 to explain Himself clearly. The rapture theory is dead against the above clear Bible truth. Rapture theory is dangerous because it makes people relax thinking they'll get another chance. Please read the above Bible texu and you'll realise that the lost will be gathered first and not the saved. When Jesus returns soon, every case for saved and lost will have already been decided. And there will be no second chance.

Moreover, our God of love isn't going to torture the lost with fire for the ceaseless ages to come just for a short life of sin, in a body that is prone to sin because of the fall of Adam and Eve. That teaching is an abomination.
John 3:16 says that God gave the world His only begotten Son and whosoever believes Him will not PERISH. We all know what perish means; to be COMPLETELY destroyed. Rev 19 and 20 described hell fire as the lake of fire. But that fire will burn them up and they will die the second death (Rev 21:cool. This agrees what God foretold in Ezekiel 18:20.
About sunday. Jesus said in Matt 5:17-18 that he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it (to bring full meaning to the law) and that one jot shall in no wise pass from the law. What law? Read the rest of Matt 5 and you'll see that Jesus was talking about the ten commandment. So if one title has not passed from the ten commandment, then the 4th commandment concerning the Sabbath (saturday) as the day of worship remains exactly as it was, not sunday.

The trinity teaching stand upon the Athanasian creed (3 gods in one).
But there is no one mention of 3 beings in the Godhead in all the Old Testament and the Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of God. The New Testament tell us that all the disciples baptized in Jesus' name only. All of the apostles writings give praise to God the Father and Jesus Christ alone.
Read Revelation 21:22-23 ...'And I saw no temple therein: for the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND THE LAMB are the temple of it...' How many divine beings do you see in the Godhead above? Two! The whole Universe gives praise and honor only to the Father and the Lamb (Jesus) in Revelation 5:13. Any mention of the Holy Spirit refers to the Spirit of God, not a separate being.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
trapQ:
You are wrong my dear. Eternal hell fire exists, rapture and trinity exists too.. But wait how are you a christian and don't believe in the trinity?
Please read my immediate post before this. The Scripture is clear on this.
I'll do a topic on them.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Minet16(m): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
otr1:

I know men of God are mere mortals, but care must be taken when teaching. Teachings and doctrines should be in tandem with the word of God. Prosperity must not come first before seeking the kingdom of God

that's where the balancing comes in.
good one bro, we're even

1 Like

Re: Signs Of The End Times by kennyamusan(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
otr1:

Don't get me wrong, I never said there's no hell. What I said is, it's not eternal. Isn't wages of sin, death? Won't the soul that sins die? (Ezekiel 18:20). Which second death for grave, death itself and the lost is Revelation 20:14- talking about?
You have to understand that God will be making all things new in the New Jerusalem and things won't get new with grave, death and the lost souls burning for eternity.
And trinity? That teaching crept into christianity from somewhere else. I'll put things up on that some time. We have YHWH the Supreme Being. We have Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God). These are not 3 separate God heads in One. We can't separate the Spirit of God from Him. Just because some people said so to appeal to pagans who have similar belief doesn't make it right. We're united in worshipping on sundays, while the Bible says it's 7th day Sabbath, but that will never make it right. We must not be united in errors. Bible should be our guide and since it is silent on trinity, then we should leave it that way.

I'm not a member of any of the Churches you mentioned.
I laugh @ what you v just posted,but for the fact that I don't argur religious ehen,I would have taken u up on so many things.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by xMyloXyloto: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Even if you don't believe in God, at least you should logically believe this world will end

Don't you watch the news or pay attention to the surroundings? The polar ice caps are melting, the ozone layer is being depleted, the very soil we live on is being polluted beyond repair. Even here in Nigeria, the average rainfall per year has dropped by about 40% in the last 20yrs

All these things are irreversible in the human time-scale. Mother nature can't handle the stress humans are inflicting on this planet and eventually the reset button will be pushed and that will be the end.

The moral of this story is let's live wisely so at least our children's children will be born in a habitable planet
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Gold45(f): 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
otr1:

No.
I attend Christ Apostolic Church. Sometimes, I worship at Living Faith or RCCG, depending on my location.

Ok
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Anas09: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
No.
I attend Christ Apostolic Church. Sometimes, I worship at Living Faith or RCCG, depending on my location.)

My man. I doubt that you are who you claim to be. Am a LFC member and we believe in all you listed up there as false teachings. And I know redeem does too and even CAC. So I don't know where you worship to claim that hell fire is temporal. The only group holding to this teaching is the JW. Don't be shy. You are a JW. You see the scriptures but twist them up to suit what u believe.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Brainiacmrtolz:

ask ur funny daemon and saytan about him you'd be warned not to try non sense wit him. you n ur ppl shud just show face 4 d service na. you dey fear?
the same name I dey mention everyday. Even I curse him everyday by burning his holy book. I have been daring him to surface so I can kill him again for the countless life he has claimed on this world. You think u and your pastor got balls. Rebuke him just like I have been rebuking ur so called powerless god. Even in my altar his crucifix is turned upside down. U wanna see pictures?
Re: Signs Of The End Times by scarr: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
moscobabs:
When every topics from some group of people or Forum like this are the only one making frontpage.....that's one of the signs of ends time
Pained Muslim brother smiley
Re: Signs Of The End Times by pastorwilly(m): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
God bless the servent whom you have used to write this article.......
All NARIALANDERS repent and turn away from ur sin's cos the RAPTURE IS IMMINENT!!!
Re: Signs Of The End Times by trapQ: 6:40am On Jun 09, 2015
OK
otr1:

Please read my immediate post before this. The Scripture is clear on this.
I'll do a topic on them.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by otr1(m): 9:50am On Jun 09, 2015
kennyamusan:
I laugh @ what you v just posted,but for the fact that I don't argur religious ehen,I would have taken u up on so many things.
This is not a laughing matter.
I have sufficient Scriptural backings for all my claims. The Churches I attend still believe in eternal hell fire and trinity anyway. You might want to point to some areas in the Scripture which support your belief which I'm ignorant of. It's not argument. We're all learning
Re: Signs Of The End Times by MightyFortress: 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Thought provoking.
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 10, 2015
It baffles me how most people don't believe that there is a God or end time rather. Even to see pictures of actually the face of who people think is jesus and his crucification and all that. People say Christianity is a lie. Do u think that billions and billions of people will believe a lie if there wer not experiencing something great. Ok people also say, why do we get sick, those negative things happening to you are from the devil, it is now in your power to cast them out. I heard someone say God is the devil. Lol how silly. If Christianity was a lie, how come there are so many stories about jesus, do u think that a group of drunk men can just sit together and form stories from Genesis to revelation? I mean, Common.. We all are grown ups. We should not act like kids by even abusing anyone 's belief. If you don't believe in God, no problem at all. But don't abuse and insult our God and we the Christians. You say we preach, yh cos we wer instructed to spread the gospel, some atheist say they want to wake us up, lol why don't u wake your self up. People say Oh wer is God, and all these things happening.. So much chaos.. Yes it happens but it's not God's fault, he is not in charge of that, the only thing God will do and can do is to protect those that have come to him, and if you die, well be rest assured that your place is in heaven. You wonder why you don't have a job, why is this happening to you, just hold on, God is seeing you, he is only preparing you for the blessings ahead. He is never late. 2 Peter 3:9 "the Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slack need, but is long suffering to us word, not willing for anyone to perish" . You might not understand everything about God, with time and grace you will Flow with him. That's why they say the Lord works in a mysterious way. Tho some people preach the wrong way and wrong attitude. Someone said that he turns the crucifix up side down and Nothing has happened... U don't dare God.. It doesn't just happen, you need proof to know whether he is dead or not? Walk into a church and feel his glory. Or better still walk into the church nd curse the alter and see weda something won't happen to u... Or in ur demonic gatherings mention the name of God or even jesus and give me feedback. Now if u feel the need to quote me, don't talk silly please.. I hate to feel my adrenaline rush.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of The End Times by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2015
End Times are here.. yippeeeee .. FINALLY, after all this wahala.. time to enjoy.. no more church, no more bible, no more religion.. chai!. God good oooh
Re: Signs Of The End Times by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 1:19am On Jun 11, 2015
Mellin:
the same name I dey mention everyday. Even I curse him everyday by burning his holy book. I have been daring him to surface so I can kill him again for the countless life he has claimed on this world. You think u and your pastor got balls. Rebuke him just like I have been rebuking ur so called powerless god. Even in my altar his crucifix is turned upside down. U wanna see pictures?
believe it or not man. we are in the end time. This world will come to an end soon
Heaven and hell is real. Jesus is coming soon to save his people and God his willing to destroy the corrupt people. someone to me not to be an hypocrite.
so whatever it Is you believe in, just hold it dearly.
I BELIEVE IN JESUS! I wish you do to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Samson: One Lesson To Learn From The World's Strongest Man Ever / The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.