Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday (1508 Views)

Ajimobi's Daughter, Ajibola's Traditional Wedding Pics Held Yesterday / Senator Ndume Defeats Ahmed Lawan In Mock Election For Senate Leader / APC Conducts Mock Election To Pick Candidate For House Of Reps Speakership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by ebosie11(f): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2015
Senator Ahmed Lawan and George Akume last night emerged as the consensus candidates of All Progressives Congress, APC, for the post of
Senate President and Deputy Senate President respectively.

According to sources,Mr. Lawan got a total of 32 votes.His rival Senator Bukola Saraki and his supporters were however absent at the election.Disclosing the result,APC national Chairman,
John Oyegun said the election was free and free and asked all party members to accept the result in good faith.

See photos from the election below....

Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by ebosie11(f): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
More pics

Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Apc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scatter!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
The guy above me really hates APC undecided
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by Escalze(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by ebosie11(f): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
vimi:
Exactly
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Up Lawan!!! grin
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by henchamb(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
See that man on red. Is he 9 months pregnant biko
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
vimi:
See who like pdp Nonsense
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by acunon: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
henchamb:
See that man on red. Is he 9 months pregnant biko
na federal looting!
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by sheymoni(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
Saraki should settle for senate leader abeg.
Lawan is good for the job
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

See who like pdp
Nonsense
I'm just a Nigerian that believes iin the word 'PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRACY'

Together we can build a Nigeria of our choice cheesy
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by ebosie11(f): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
sheymoni:
Saraki should settle for senate leader abeg.
Lawan is good for the job
Hw sure are?
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by SuperSuave(m): 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
saraki spoil kwara finish wan spoil that place join angry
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by sheymoni(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
ebosie11:
Hw sure are?
Lawan has the experience 16 years unlike saraki 4 years
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by sheymoni(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
There is a part of me that wants Bukola Saraki to become Senate President and there is another part that doesn't want him to be.
Whether we acknowledge it or not, President Buhari ( I still pinch myself everytime I have to add President to Buhari’s name) would need a senate president that can stabilise the senate and help him mobilise his colleagues to pass important bills. This is very important for the President. When it comes to funding and money matters, our legislators are always united. If President Buhari decides to reduce allocations to the national assembly, even his own APC members would fight him. .. This is where I think he needs someone like Bukola Saraki.
Saraki has shown that the capacity to lead and mobilise people.
There is no former governor who installed his successor and up til now no fight, no quarrel and the still has his successor in check like Bukola saraki.
The way he has managed the present Governor of Kwara state is a lesson for others to learn.
Even our almighty Jagaban ended quarrel long with his successor. it's not an easy relationship to manage.
As governor, when his colleagues want someone to lead them , they voted him as the chairman Nigeria Governors Forum. I can tell you that Bukola Saraki made the NGF the powerful force it is today. So powerful that GEJ felt threatened and attempted to destroy it.
And when he was leaving , Saraki made sure that Rotimi Amaechi succeeded him.
Saraki moved to APC, the governor, all legislators and majority of kwarans moved to APC.

The other part of me that doesn't want Bukola Saraki to become Senate President tells me that he is a very ambitious man.
A part of me also feels that a Bukola Saraki Senate Presidency will be problematic. His presidential ambition might distract his objectivity and he might end up hurting President Buhari just to get his way.
This is a man who demystified his formidable father Oloye Olusola Saraki. The same father who took him from nowhere and made him governor. He promoted the present governor of Kwara state against the candidate of his father who happens to be his sister and came out victorious. His Baba Saraki never recovered from that till his death.
This is someone that in 2011, was ready to fight for the PDP presidential ticket with formidable opponents (IBB, Atiku, Gusau). He showed no fear going into the contest until a concensus was reached.
Here is a first time senator that has been able to ruffle the feathers of old timers in the senate. He sluged it out with former President Jonathan( I enjoy adding that former President to Jonathan’s name -=-d ).
Another minus to Bukola Saraki emerging Senate President is the cloud of corruption charge hanging over his head from his time at Société general bank. It doesn't fit well into President Buhari’s anti corruption era.
But the simple truth is that if anybody thinks Bukola Saraki has given up on the Senate Presidency, wait till Tuesday. The guy doesn't go down easily.
If he is able to rebel and emerge Senate President, that will also be good for our democracy. Next time, APC won't take things for granted.
Re: Photos From APC's Mock Election For Senate President Held Yesterday by ebosie11(f): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
sheymoni:
There is a part of me that wants Bukola Saraki to become Senate President and there is another part that doesn't want him to be.
Whether we acknowledge it or not, President Buhari ( I still pinch myself everytime I have to add President to Buhari’s name) would need a senate president that can stabilise the senate and help him mobilise his colleagues to pass important bills. This is very important for the President. When it comes to funding and money matters, our legislators are always united. If President Buhari decides to reduce allocations to the national assembly, even his own APC members would fight him. .. This is where I think he needs someone like Bukola Saraki.
Saraki has shown that the capacity to lead and mobilise people.
There is no former governor who installed his successor and up til now no fight, no quarrel and the still has his successor in check like Bukola saraki.
The way he has managed the present Governor of Kwara state is a lesson for others to learn.
Even our almighty Jagaban ended quarrel long with his successor. it's not an easy relationship to manage.
As governor, when his colleagues want someone to lead them , they voted him as the chairman Nigeria Governors Forum. I can tell you that Bukola Saraki made the NGF the powerful force it is today. So powerful that GEJ felt threatened and attempted to destroy it.
And when he was leaving , Saraki made sure that Rotimi Amaechi succeeded him.
Saraki moved to APC, the governor, all legislators and majority of kwarans moved to APC.

The other part of me that doesn't want Bukola Saraki to become Senate President tells me that he is a very ambitious man.
A part of me also feels that a Bukola Saraki Senate Presidency will be problematic. His presidential ambition might distract his objectivity and he might end up hurting President Buhari just to get his way.
This is a man who demystified his formidable father Oloye Olusola Saraki. The same father who took him from nowhere and made him governor. He promoted the present governor of Kwara state against the candidate of his father who happens to be his sister and came out victorious. His Baba Saraki never recovered from that till his death.
This is someone that in 2011, was ready to fight for the PDP presidential ticket with formidable opponents (IBB, Atiku, Gusau). He showed no fear going into the contest until a concensus was reached.
Here is a first time senator that has been able to ruffle the feathers of old timers in the senate. He sluged it out with former President Jonathan( I enjoy adding that former President to Jonathan’s name -=-d ).
Another minus to Bukola Saraki emerging Senate President is the cloud of corruption charge hanging over his head from his time at Société general bank. It doesn't fit well into President Buhari’s anti corruption era.
But the simple truth is that if anybody thinks Bukola Saraki has given up on the Senate Presidency, wait till Tuesday. The guy doesn't go down easily.
If he is able to rebel and emerge Senate President, that will also be good for our democracy. Next time, APC won't take things for granted.

Nice write up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Nigeria Airway Exist? (picture Inside) / Graphic Pics From The Horrific Accident Along Lagos-ibadan Express Way / Photo:The 1952 Classic Rolls Royce Of The Emir Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.