Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. (5103 Views)

Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Are Married Now (Photos) / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / When Your Bride doesn't Want You To Fall Into Temptation (PhotoD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Well, I would be 26 by 8th of july. "next month". I'm not here to brag, but I have what it takes as far as maturity is concerned. Yes! Graduated two years ago...... Got my self two solid source of income. The rest archivements are minor. Praise be to God almighty for been there. Everybody talks about it. But Mom. Oh dear Mom wount support me. She cried not now, until I'm 31. Jeezzzz.... I remembered conji.. How can I wait. Please am I really young
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by IamLEGEND1: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
marriage is one of the few things my parents wont get a say in.

so just because ur parents say no doesnt mean u cant. it is fine to respect ur parents opinion bt Itz ur life, dont let someone live it for you

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by agarawu23(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
for your mum to insist you are not matured enough for marriage, definitely you aren't .

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
You better heed her advice cos marriage is not something you rush into because of conji.

Mods, move this to the family section where he can get better advisers.

Silly Things Guys Do After They Get Dumped By A Pretty Girl

Why Girls Don't Reply Your Chat On Social Media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by seemples(f): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
Eragablessen:
Well, I would be 26 by 8th of july. "next month". I'm not here to brag, but I have what it takes as far as maturity is concerned. Yes! Graduated two years ago...... Got my self two solid source of income. The rest archivements are minor. Praise be to God almighty for been there. Everybody talks about it. But Mom. Oh dear Mom wount support me. She cried not now, until I'm 31. Jeezzzz.... I remembered conji.. How can I wait. Please am I really young

If conji is your only issue, discuss it with your mom naa..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by emperorizzy(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
You aint too young, let me say, you're ripe but the p is this, what your mum may be seeing is far from what you're seeing. Many a times people marry cos they feel they should be, and that's not a reason, if you feel you should be married cos you're not young and you have money and cos you're matured then you shouldn't think about marriage, yet!

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
agarawu23:
for your MUM to insist you are not matured enough for marriage, definitely you aren't .
MUM you meant?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by agarawu23(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
Eragablessen:
MUM you meant?
thanks jare, autocorrect things cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by donfemo(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
Bro, listen to your mum. Marriage is much more than sex. At 26 you are not too young but if conji is the problem, then you are.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
seemples:

If conji is your only issue, discuss it with your mom naa..
See, after office, its either me and the tele, or me and the kitchen, or me and the phone, as hell as it is, during bed times. I feel lonly, i feel small. I dont wanna mastub* or do the ungodly. But Mom says till five years time. I have been trying to understand that.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Moneyyy: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Ayoolajumoke(f): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Op,

You are not too young to get married so far you're ready and you claim to be matured.

So far you have the right partner, I think you're good to go, try to make mum see things the way you see them.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Rosemary216(f): 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
She must hv seen sumtin dat made her say so... Try askin her to give u her reasons. She may b protectin u frm sumtin!

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mummy's boy.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by adebayour26: 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
Eragablessen:

Does she live with you?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by yatch360: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
Put her on a monthly pay. She may be thinking that yr getting married may make u neglect her financially especially. After all u just graduated two yrs ago . she hasn't even enjoyed her investment before u brought up iyawo issue.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Kasimaramma2(f): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
Eragablessen:
Trst me dearie,for a guy you are still young...mean you well

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by 2kurupt(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Eragablessen:
See, after office, its either me and the tele, or me and the kitchen, or me and the phone, as hell as it is, during bed times. I feel lonly, i feel small. I dont wanna mastub* or do the ungodly. But Mom says till five years time. I have been trying to understand that.

Lol@ konji. But marriage entails more than just sex coz you'll get tired of it eventually, probably sooner than you think.

I do understand your point above. Why not try to relate this to your mother let her see it from your perspective?

Btw yatch360 got a very good point especially if you're an only child or son

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by sarmiie(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
Jumping into this thread, I read it without looking at the moniker. When I read the part of being too young at 26 and being told to wait till 31, my heart went "what??" And I had to go back.....

Op, the elders say "what a young boy sees standing, the elders see sitting." Ur mom might have a very valid reason for saying this. Maybe u have a character defect, or there's a prophecy concerning you, or she wants you to cater for ur siblings' education. Who knows??. Whatever made u chill for 14 years (since puberty) can make u chill some more (so konji is a small issue)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by czarr(m): 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
Are you a virgin? or a dedicated christain.? if conji is your reason,den its not d right reason. listen to ur mom,den let all this single girls with short skirts tell u Nada.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by SirDorianGray(m): 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
Eragablessen:

Pls what's our business with this?? You don't have family members to ask for advice or what? You're def a kiddo
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
SirDorianGray:

Pls what's our business with this?? You don't have family members to ask for advice or what? You're def a kiddo
Leave this thread if you feel irritated. Go solve your diseases and thanks for the insults...
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Mummy's boy.
You can say that again swidy..
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by university210(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
Interesting Topic I must say,well it all Depends on the level of Comfort that you think you have attained even with your current income.my man,let me tell you,you don't need to rush Bro,you still have a lot to achieve why not married yet that you won't when married.Ur muM knows the best for you,that aside,do yoU hav what it takes to have a faMily?it not easy you carring all the responsibility on your head alone @ this stage.beside that,is your GF pressuring you?don't tell me konji like you said is ur primary motive for going into marriage!!!wait a little,explore life more then you are good to Go.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by MsBliss(f): 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
Dafaq are you going into marriage because of sex ?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
adebayour26:

Does she live with you?
Nope!! Though we live in same town but diff. Streets. My Mom stays in another town. We've got jobs to keep us by the day. Only few periods of some evening is all we've got. So we both planning on making us come closer to make us share some things together as one but Mom sha...... Mumcy say NO!
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
MsBliss:
Dafaq are you going into marriage because of sex ?
LoL.... Wanna be responsible to just one. All I need is a wife. Mom says the time aint now. Am tryna reason with that....... Maybe due to my siblings in school, but I dont see that as a barrier. Just dont understand my Mom.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Eragablessen(m): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
university210:
Interesting Topic I must say,well it all Depends on the level of Comfort that you think you have attained even with your current income.my man,let me tell you,you don't need to rush Bro,you still have a lot to achieve why not married yet that you won't when married.Ur muM knows the best for you,that aside,do yoU hav what it takes to have a faMily?it not easy you carring all the responsibility on your head alone @ this stage.beside that,is your GF pressuring you?don't tell me konji like you said is ur primary motive for going into marriage!!!wait a little,explore life more then you are good to Go.
Common! Did my Mom sent you You sound like her. Buh thanks anyway... And emm, my g/f can't presurize me.... LoL.....
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by MsBliss(f): 3:15am On Jun 08, 2015
Eragablessen:
LoL.... Wanna be responsible to just one. All I need is a wife. Mom says the time aint now. Am tryna reason with that....... Maybe due to my siblings in school, but I dont see that as a barrier. Just dont understand my Mom.
Simple .......you ask her to give you her reasons .

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 08, 2015
Listen to Ur mum homes. Marriage is only sweet for the 1st 6 months. You will be lucky if after a year U love her. Then its dissatisfaction all the way. When the kids come God help U. Ure young, explore ur options chop enuff enjoy the moment.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by texanomaly(f): 3:35am On Jun 08, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Listen to Ur mum homes. Marriage is only sweet for the 1st 6 months. You will be lucky if after a year U love her. Then its dissatisfaction all the way. When the kids come God help U. Ure young, explore ur options chop enuff enjoy the moment.

Wow...You are obviously married to the wrong woman if your marriage went bad after 6 months. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. by MrTeymee(m): 4:26am On Jun 08, 2015
Ion understand where u rushing to undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can I Do To Make Her Pick My Calls? / I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / 18 !!! Which Two Nl Girls Do U Think Will Fight Like Dis----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.