Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 (34655 Views)

Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Buhari Explains Why He Stops Attending Juma’at Service At National Mosque / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Whylagos: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari does not seem to have any program for Nigeria. After inauguration he is busying begging every county to assist him. Assist him in doing what?

What did he have in mind before election?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by berrystunn(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Forwetinnah:

They did but it came with alot of consequences and GEJ refused

condition like GAY right will come up soon
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by knowledgeable: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
heywhytech1:
Good to hear. God will bless you with wisdom and good will to take us to the promise land Mr. Preaident

Any African president that seek solutions for domestic problems over seas have already lost his bearing. African solutions to African problems lie within Africa. ......Paul kageme, Rwandan President.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by CSTR2: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Are you kidding me?
These are not specific at all.
I was expecting buhari to ask for something like (though not restricted to) the magnificent eurotyphoon fighter jets and german submarines and destroyers to help in the war against bokoharam and piracy in the seas.
Someone gave buhari a blank check and he just blew it.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
barcanista:
I don't think Buhari understand what he's up to. The above listed "wishes" are the primary responsibility of government and not foreigners. Curbing corruption is Buhari's job. Increased FDI will only happen if there is conducive sociopolitical and economic environment. Infrastructure, power etc are Buhari's responsibility. Buhari better return to Nigeria if he has no concrete request to make.

Perhaps you don't understand; if there is no opportunity for corrupt public officials to hide their stolen wealth in foreign countries, corruption will be reduced. Nigeria has not grown in capacity to assure citizens on infrastructure, we still require the cooperation and support of advanced economies in access to funds and technology transfer. But you are correct to say that it is nigerias responsibility in investment-friendly legislation and security of investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by berrystunn(m): 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Whylagos:
Buhari does not seem to have any program for Nigeria. After inauguration he is busying begging every county to assist him. Assist him in doing what?

he needed power to beg....
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by bakjal(m): 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
theorbiters:
When invited to dine with the devil, mhen, choose a different table. Nothing is ever free when these so called world powers are involved.

Juss wondering why they never gave this 'blank cheque' to uncle Jona! And most Nigerians would think this is some sort of improvement..
The reason is simple
They can identify cluelessness if they see one.
And so is d right minded one.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
barcanista:
I don't think Buhari understand what he's up to. The above listed "wishes" are the primary responsibility of government and not foreigners. Curbing corruption is Buhari's job. Increased FDI will only happen if there is conducive sociopolitical and economic environment. Infrastructure, power etc are Buhari's responsibility. Buhari better return to Nigeria if he has no concrete request to make.
he who fails to plan,plans to fail..Jonathan became worse because he didn't plan,he just dabble into nigeria's problem head on hence his failures.. baba is not daft like u people, give this man the time to do things appropriately and he will surprise everyone.. do u think politics is a football match which u can forecast? Or have u ever seen someone who can build a house without plan? And can u draw a plan in a day? Why is it so hard for u people to reason with ur brain?I even credit baba for setting out to work immediately he resumed office by going places to make the right plan and choices...Jonathan rushed in hence we rushed him out....imagine someone having a 100+ advisers,while he was still listening to advices his time elapsed.... so for once,let's do things with patience so we won't regret our actions of hastening buhari later

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by azimibraun: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhaari has not locked Tinubu, OBJ, IBB, TY Danjuma, Deziani et al up so he has failed as President in just 1 week.. that's what a Nigerian graduate was telling illiterate Okada Men. Is it right? Why can't we as educated ppl tell the truth to our " unfortunate" illiterate brothers and sisters? Another one was telling Ppl Buhari hs not yet appointed minister uptill this moment.. appoint which ministers that wld have been cleard by which Senate; between the Nigerian public & the DSS who shld Buhari be giving his list of Prospective list of Ministers?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
omonnakoda:
Curbing corruption is his responsibility but there is need for technical help as well as legal cooperation where it comes to detection of crimes, apprehending fugitives and repatriating stolen money ass well as areas like extradition and general sharing of intelligence.

[b]Eg I would say give me a list of eery Nigerian who buys a house in your country and details of their bank accounts and financial transactions.[/b]America has been squeezing Switzerland on this recently to detect tax evasion

The other issue is the sale of stolen crude oil tracking the oil and the money.
There is never a perfect situation for FDI ,China 30 years ago and even now has much in common with Nigeria. art of the problem with power is skilled labour in the sector there is need for technology transfer and training partnerships. Germany especially Siemens would be a very good partner to help in developing our human capacity/capital
Bros, do you expect any sane government to listen to such request?
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
I don't like Romance with these Foreigners.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by anonimi: 9:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
lalasticlala:
“We have a problem which they know,” said President Buhari.

Brainless Buhari saying that the western world will know our problem because he is too dumb to know himself, right

What a clueless man we have got in our hands!
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by oloriooko(m): 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
"Wish list"
President of dis country still dhe dream
Almost 2 weeks and he's stll "wishing"
We don enter two-chance
How long do you intend doing this?
Cut this man some slack, support and encourage him and let's see how far he can go.
God bless Nigeria God bless PMB

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
Sometimes my positions are not for politics. Sadly some of you always judge my comments from the political angle.
kITATITA:

Perhaps you don't understand; if there is no opportunity for corrupt public officials to hide their stolen wealth in foreign countries, corruption will be reduced. Nigeria has not grown in capacity to assure citizens on infrastructure, we still require the cooperation and support of advanced economies in access to funds and technology transfer. But you are correct to say that it is nigerias responsibility in investment-friendly legislation and security of investment.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
i was expecting this from buhari's wish list: 2 squadron of rafale jets,4 squadron of upgraded tornado jet,1 squadron oF T129,hundreds of cougar MRAPS,hell fire missiles,hundreds of german tanks,100 thousand fn scar riffle,7 airbus A400,2 air refuelling variant, etc.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
The issue is what do this G7 members stand to gain. It's not as if they are father Christmas and want to grant us our wishes. Colonialism benefits the colonialists more than the colonised. Agreed, Nigeria should seek international cooperation but not with a ' Wish List '. Imagine Ghana going with a wish list to wherever. Where is our pride as an independent sovereign country?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by anonimi: 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
barcanista:
I don't think Buhari understand what he's up to. The above listed "wishes" are the primary responsibility of government and not foreigners. Curbing corruption is Buhari's job.

Nor mind the buffoon of a cattle herdsman with no brains.

Where is Alhaji LIE Mohammed to lampoon his president as he was doing to Jonathan.

Bunch of HYPOCRITES!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by iukpe: 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
barcanista:

No country is an Island in today's world. When Nigerians loot the nation's treasury they mostly transfer those funds abroad. We need the commitment of foreign countries to check this trend more or less like every country looks out for drugs at their boarders.

When direct investment is possible, there will be some jobs created. Also support for these multinational investors will certainly come from Nigerian businesses, most of them new ones.
What our government will need to do is to create the environment that will make things possible. Our banking and finance system, so there will be investor confidence enough to invest in Power, infrastructure, manufacturing and trade.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by talktimi(m): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
barcanista:
no need to comment again since yoke said it all. I just pray these people are really not taking us for a long and clueless ride even though evidence so far speaks otherwise
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by azimibraun: 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Study the Nigerian system from the outside for 1000yrs and you will never get it right until you take a little time to study it when you are inside... Rush into managing Nigeria with far reaching decisions and get flung out in no time.. that I can assure Buhari. Ppl who want him to fail are rushing him to fail.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by omonnakoda: 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
barcanista:
You need exposure and information.That is already happening among some governments
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by cocokiller1(f): 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
anonimi:

Brainless Buhari saying that the western world will know our problem because he is too dumb to know himself, right

What a clueless man we have got in our hands!
Lol,mayb goodluck was ryt wen he said america will know....
Following his legacy I guess,but they mocked him when he said it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
I know barcanista is a critic of buhari but he has a point , there is no need attacking him every time. Going to solicit help from these countries is not a bad thing but the truth is what these countries will simply is helping out against boko haram.
They can't force their companies to come to Nigeria knowing fully well the country is still not stabilized. This is not the first time Nigeria has solicit for their help in terms of FDI, started during OBJ era still they refuse to make substantial investments.

Buhari will not achieve much in that area, he will need to stabilize some issues first in Nigeria especially in accountability, reduced corruption and commitment to infrastructural devt.

Once the president starts to implement this, naturally these so much needed FDI will come.So going to Berlin discuss this with these guys is a waste of time. They will still advise u to first do the needful and prove yourself.

This situation also was a challenge to the former administration , that was why they started dealing with the Chinese who funds almost the country's major investments. The western weren't happy with the former government cause of this arrangement.

So now their man is the president , many will expect them to pump in billions of dollars into our economy but do not be deceived we must do the needful first before they will come in.
If the americans are really serious with us then Obama should have announce a visit to the country but we are still at same status que.

My advice for the president is get as much as you can get from them but don't put your hope on them unless u want them to take Nigeria for a ride. Focus on the Chinese model that saw them through the 70s and 80s that made them great today and that model is called self sustainancy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by joseph1832(m): 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
theorbiters:
When invited to dine with the devil, mhen, choose a different table. Nothing is ever free when these so called world powers are involved.

Juss wondering why they never gave this 'blank cheque' to uncle Jona! And most Nigerians would think this is some sort of improvement..
They never gave this opportunity to uncle Jona because he proved to them that he is clueless with his utterances.

barcanista:
Wish/Dreams do can true bro. grin
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by anonimi: 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
cocokiller1:
Lol,mayb goodluck was ryt wen he said america will know....
Following his legacy I guess,but they mocked him when he said it

And they voted for better change only to get worse than they complained about.

What a FRAUD!

#WhereIsTheChange?
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
Whylagos:

Reality has set in
You people haven't seen anything yet
He will visit every country including hell
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nokiax2(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
No matter what, i believe in Buhari/Yemi. Nd they will do there best to shame our enemies nd bring joy to us. May God give them more strenght. Amin.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by DipoDaniel: 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
Whylagos:

He needs all the assitance he can get.The treasury is emptynothing was done wwith subsidy money $1.2t over four yrs.(scam),debt of over $600b, inflation at 22%.
What can we do for and by ourselves at this time.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by afeezmore: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
hmm dis buhari no go let us drink garri die like dis hmm i pray oooh.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by felifeli: 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
E
Sirniyeh:
While the youth will behave like the youth, elderly person will behave elderly. It is unfortunately that those who call themselves opposition are just mere catoon with bat brain.

A bat is neither rat nor bird but found always with eyes closed, and yet it flies.

Any person with bat-like brain can never reason like president buhari,

What is this one saying like small pickin? Tell us is Buhari rat or bird so I will know which brain he has - eat brain or bird brain.
Any day I begin to reason like Buhari make God punish both of you.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.thescoopng.com/buhari-explains-what-is-on-his-wish-list-for-the-g7/
Is Nigeria a member of G7 what s hell is baba one chance doing there
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by jossyphobia(m): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
magnificent gesture. certainly there's going to be a reward for this invite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Sacks Idongesit Ituen Who Defected From PDP To APC / Photos Of APC Gorgeous Women / Mashood Bakare Resigns As Buhari Campaign Group Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.