Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 (34657 Views)

Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Buhari Explains Why He Stops Attending Juma’at Service At National Mosque / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by lexy2014: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2015
Clerverly:

You are simply irritating! Tufiakwa!
But he said d truth
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by lexy2014: 9:30am On Jun 08, 2015
haywire1:

I've neva seen u for any beta thing before, u are always countering any good development in this country Nigeria. But why? Go back to ur country Republic of Niger nah angry angry angry

Only God can judge those wishing this our dear country bad.

#
No sentiment But barcanista said d truth
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by lexy2014: 10:31am On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
I don't think Buhari understand what he's up to. The above listed "wishes" are the primary responsibility of government and not foreigners. Curbing corruption is Buhari's job. Increased FDI will only happen if there is conducive sociopolitical and economic environment. Infrastructure, power etc are Buhari's responsibility. Buhari better return to Nigeria if he has no concrete request to make.
I agree with u on this one
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by jinxet2000: 10:43am On Jun 08, 2015
someone has come to the media to announce and clear the air that Baba did not say he will equate 1$ to 1N.
However, it is not a bad idea if it happens. But how can it happen? simply by increasing in-house production and manufacturing but how can you produce and manufacture with less investors and when investors are scared that their staff and facilities could be destroyed as a result of insecurity. That is why security is very key in our system if we must prosper. Consider what is happening in Iraq and some other crisis-rocked countries in ME, what if he looks back on the NE crisis, one day, it will meet us at the door step.
Let us be focused, objective and have a road-map individually and collectively to build the nation now and when security is finally improved in Nigeria.

Talking about excessive travels, I will suggest it is important at the moment in order to straighten relationships with these foreign countries where most of our resources end up and investments which were supposed to be settled in Nigeria.
Election is gone and we should not be talking about or comparing present governance and previous one. Like I always say, previous leaders are having fun after retirement and some people are cracking their heads on their behalf. Respect is compulsory and we must do that to everyone at all time.

ECOTERRORS:
How can a government that doesn't have any blueprint have a wish list?

Why does the G7 want to poke fun at us by asking the Daura President to provide something he doesn't understand,

Buhari's wish list will include:

Reduce 1dollar to 1naira

Provide soilders to fight BH

Provide money to pay his 5k promised the janjaweedians holding the fort here

Stabilise the price of crude oil
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by jinxet2000: 10:51am On Jun 08, 2015
lexy2014:
I agree with u on this one
Please give your president support. Think about it this way, you are a project manager and your team reports you to the top management everyday, they criticize your leadership, how will you feel? be sincere to your just mind. The same way it is when you criticize your leader.
This is just less than 1 month and they should work. When we spread bad news it is like a father who does not give hope to his children, if you continue to spread sad and discouraging alarms, bad alarms will always surround you, so if you want progress, you must gather good and encouraging signals around you.
Please don't feel bad if by any means I said what you may not like. God Bless.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by dealslip(f): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
I don't think Buhari understand what he's up to. The above listed "wishes" are the primary responsibility of government and not foreigners. Curbing corruption is Buhari's job. Increased FDI will only happen if there is conducive sociopolitical and economic environment. Infrastructure, power etc are Buhari's responsibility. Buhari better return to Nigeria if he has no concrete request to make.

Barcanista, you dey see Nigeria life outside, there is fire on the mountain oh with this Papa Ajala Traveler.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2015
dealslip:

Barcanista, you dey see Nigeria life outside, there is fire on the mountain oh with this Papa Ajala Traveler.
Baba wasn't prepared for leadership. Imagine a President trying to shift his responsibilities to foreign leaders in d name of wish list
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by lexy2014: 11:39am On Jun 08, 2015
jinxet2000:

Please give your president support. Think about it this way, you are a project manager and your team reports you to the top management everyday, they criticize your leadership, how will you feel? be sincere to your just mind. The same way it is when you criticize your leader.
This is just less than 1 month and they should work. When we spread bad news it is like a father who does not give hope to his children, if you continue to spread sad and discouraging alarms, bad alarms will always surround you, so if you want progress, you must gather good and encouraging signals around you.
No offence taken my bro. If d president succeeds its 4d benefit of all its just that we might differ on d how. Part of buharis wish list as outlined by mallam shehu include FDI, transparency in elections and good governance, development issues, power, energy, infrastructure and combating corruption. Barcanista was right. u don't need G7 4 these. These are domestic issues that d president can handle on his own being part of his job function. Its not criticism its d truth. When we understand d functions of those in govt, then we no what 2 expect. Having relations with G7 isn't bad in itself but d question is are we going as partners or beggars? Partners sell products and opportunities. Beggars go with wish list(no offence intended). Its about respect and we won't get respect if we go with a wish list instead of offers. D question is what are we offering them? What opportunities are we selling?
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 08, 2015
I smell IMF, Anti- Gay and other issues
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by sosodevf(m): 11:54am On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:

Abeg zip up and give the man sometime, jona has been battling same stuffs 4 almost 10 yrs. Let's welcome his efforts n support him in prayers cos together we can build Nigeria to greater heights.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by nd07(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Sirniyeh:
While the youth will behave like the youth, elderly person will behave elderly. It is unfortunately that those who call themselves opposition are just mere catoon with bat brain.

A bat is neither rat nor bird but found always with eyes closed, and yet it flies.

Any person with bat-like brain can never reason like president buhari,

Ds is real APC manner. good at calling names, resorting 2 insults but lacks constructive ideas
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by nd07(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
sosodevf:

Abeg zip up and give the man sometime, jona has been battling same stuffs 4 almost 10 yrs. Let's welcome his efforts n support him in prayers cos together we can build Nigeria to greater heights.

Why calling 4 support in prayers, did u pray 4 Jonathan? May Buhari enjoy a hundred fold d type of support he gave 2 Jonathan. whether u say Amen or not, A man reaps what he sows.
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by nd07(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
jinxet2000:

Did he support Jonathan?
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by benstrong(m): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride...
Re: Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 by ahmedkt(m): 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Is President Buhari's 'Wish List' to G7 a Wise Decision?

By Ahmed Isyaku-Katsina

(ahmedisyakukt@yahoo.com)

I had been wondering how Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari seemed to be easily relenting that Nigeria can not fight Boko Haram and other issues alone except with help of foreign nations , not even our neighbouring countries of Africa like Chad and Niger, but US and other European nations. This is startling, knowing that PMB had once expressed confidence in Nigeria's capacity , especially its ability to defeat the dreaded Boko Haram group. 'What now causes this foreign reliance?', a question that aroused my curiosity.

I also remember how he leveled criticism against Jonathon's government over its slow and poor response to end Boko Haram insurgency with the country's military capacity he believed Nigeria has. He pecked Jonathan for dragging his heels over taking the fight against Boko Haram seriously. On Aljazeera TV interview with GMB , he expressed concerns and this confidence or words to that effect:

"The government is not prepared to fight Boko
Haram," GMB said.
'[It] is not serious about curbing the insurgency
in the northeast. If the troops deployed in Ekiti
State to rig votes in favour of the government
had been effectively deployed in the north east,
the end of the insurgency could have been met.'
This speech indirectly showed that GMB had confidence in Nigeria's military ability to crush the terror group and put an end to it.

I can also recall how Jonathon's begging for US help to fight Boko Haram in Nigeria met public criticism. His appeal to US for help in Nigeria came in for criticism by some Nigerians who did not only feel that it is awkward for Africa's leading economy to show lack of confidence in its army but also seeking assistance or intervention from US or other foreign nations is like selling Nigeria out for further exploitation or neocolonism. Because it is deemed by some people that US exploits terrorism and other issues to to justify the invading of some countries for their own gains or interests, especially in oil-rich nations. However, US did not even help Nigeria then for some plausible reasons they gave. Although It was rumoured that US refuses to help Nigeria because of Nigeria's continuing stance against 'gay' marriage. However, this rumour was debunked later.

It is ironically startling , that our beloved President Muhammadu Buhari, is now seeking assistance from foreign nations (G7 ) with his 'wish list', and in the list, fight against Boko Haram terror group is said to be topping the list. I was first shocked to see this on the news and I said to myself , "What on earth will make our President take such an unpleasant decision?, Was it part of their party plans or his?' But then I wisely realised something and said to myself , 'Ah ! Our President must be going through a difficult time to make such a hard decision that some Nigerians may not like. Some horrible things must have made him take this difficult and unexpected decision out of necessity.'

I then remembered how PMB inherited big problems from the out gone government: the drained treasury and the dreaded Boko Haram group that the outgone government gave fertile ground to grow due to the government's poor and slow response , and the stubborn monster corruption to kill, and so many traps that some unpatriotic people had to set for PMB on his way , things that will make the journey rough since their target is to create unfortunate circumstances that will negatively influence every decision that he will make- the unpleasant options he will eventually resort to, which automatically , some people may disapprove of or agitate, because it is not everybody that can look at the ugly challenges and understand the gravity of the problems he is facing. Unpatriotic people have almost destroyed the country when PMB came to save it. They planned and calculated everything even after he won the race - the deteriorating problems they created waiting for GMB, the controversy, the chaos, and the storm of criticism they will arouse against him. They sadistically want to see him fail like they did , so that they will make a laughingstock of him in the eyes of Nigerians and the world.

So many things that make PMB's 'wish list' a necessity for Nigeria, 'the hard way and the only way! But one thing they underestimated this people, is his 'confidence and honesty', the things they did not calculate well, because did not know that they are just unleashing the hero in him. He will rise in redoubling his efforts to scatter corruption , terrorism, and all the problems they gave fertile ground to grow in order to stop him. He is invincible and unstoppable with God and all the patriotic Nigerians by his side. He will never jeopardise Nigeria's future. I'm optimistic. He knows what he is doing and Nigerians trust him. So let us wait patiently and pray that the journey will be promising and enjoyable. Hope is necessity for peace of mind and our well-being. He will sooner or later take us to the promised land where Nigerians will fulfill their broken dreams. Since we trust him, let us at least give him the benefit of doubt on the 'wish list' and wait and see. The 'wish list' may not be the best option but Buhari is our confidence, so let us continue to trust this true Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Ojukwu At Presidential Campaign In 2007 / Kayode Ogundamisi Reacts To Obasanjos's Letter To President Buhari / Dino Melaye Moved From DSS Health Facility To SARS Office

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.