Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

"Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes (2346 Views)

Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It / Sentenced For Insulting Islam, Saudi Blogger Gets First 50 Of 1,000 Lashes! / Saudi Blogger To Receive 1000 Lashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Saudi Arabia upholds blogger Raif Badawi's sentence of 1,000 lashes and 10 years in jail

A court in Saudi Arabia has upheld the decision to sentence the liberal blogger Raif Badawi to 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes.

Despite condemnation from governments and human rights charities around the world, Badawi was arrested in 2012, charged and ultimately sentenced for "insulting Islam through electronic channels".

He was subjected to the first 50 lashes in a public square in Jeddah in January. The punishment was captured by an onlooker in mobile phone footage which provoked worldwide protests.

Ensaf Haidar, Badawi's wife, told The Independent she now expects the lashes to continue, with the decision to uphold the sentence by the Saudi Supreme Court meaning she and the family's lawyers have no recourse for further appeal.

Describing her reaction after the decision was announced, Ms Haidar said: "I'm shocked.

"The flogging will start again and no one cares," she added. Asked what could be done now to fight for her husband's cause, she said: "Really, I don't know."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-upholds-blogger-raif-badawis-sentence-of-1000-lashes-and-10-years-in-jail-10303069.html
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by ayowonder(m): 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
iku deeee
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by xmich(m): 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
Islam my foot

1 Like

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Useless amnesty international no call for d head of d saudi king Buh dem go see naija own Use less people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
dem no dey do death sentence again?
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by sambisa5: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
Make i hear,,,,,,yeye religion
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Oklander: 1:43am On Jun 08, 2015
That's the law, he broke it just like breaking the laws of the western countries, he has to face the consequences. If you disagree with them, you can go and die, it is their country and they care less about your opinion.

1 Like

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Vikkie14: 2:05am On Jun 08, 2015
"Insulting" Islam? Really?

I wonder what the blogger said that warrants such punishment.

Why defending Islam when allah should have deal with the blogger since he is a God. Atleast he is their creator, or is the "creature" greater/powerful than the "creator"?

And you find these same people desecrating and blaspheming the ONLY true Living God, and Christians won't do anything.

2 Likes

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Dollyak(f): 2:10am On Jun 08, 2015
Stone age people

1 Like

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by SUBWAY101(m): 5:34am On Jun 08, 2015
Wetin concern us with saudi. I know the intention of the biafran op anyway.
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Fash20: 5:44am On Jun 08, 2015
Teach him a lesson. There is no crime in a state without law
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tevinsolt: 6:25am On Jun 08, 2015
Oklander:
That's the law, he broke it just like breaking the laws of the western countries, he has to face the consequences. If you disagree with them, you can go and die, it is their country and they care less about your opinion.

if Nigeria should pass a law that violates your Human right, then according to you it is fine. I know your name now and I will rightly tag you as an Hypocrite when you warrant it.
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 08, 2015
What do you expect from Satan's own Country?

Saudi Arabia is the model state which every lice infested muslim rag head muhajadunce from ISIS, Al Qaeda, The Taliban, Boko Haram want to establish.

1 Like

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 08, 2015
tevinsolt:

if Nigeria should pass a law that violates your Human right, then according to you it is fine. I know your name now and I will rightly tag you as an Hypocrite when you warrant it.

Nairaland is infested with fanatical yoruba muslim dunces posting out of osogbo.

Go to moslem 4 moslem section and see their fanatiscm on full display.

1 Like

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by abduljabbar4(m): 6:32am On Jun 08, 2015
10 years is not enough. Anybody that can't shut the fvck up and practise his own religion should be jailed.
The person above me is an escapee of an attempted abortion
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by abduljabbar4(m): 6:35am On Jun 08, 2015
tevinsolt:

You are a fool. You think human rights have no limit. If you don't believe in any religion why not ignore it? The idi0t deserved a 30 years jail term with hard labour and 5,000 lashes
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You are a fool. You think human rights have no limit. If you don't believe in any religion why not ignore it? The idi0t deserved a 30 years jail term with hard labour and 5,000 lashes

Mohammed is currently getting rammed dry and hard by a monstrous pig c0ck.

Now what will be the appropriate punishment I will get if I screamed these very words in down town mecca?

1 Like

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by abduljabbar4(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Now what will be the appropriate punishment I will get if I screamed these very words in down town mecca?
Reminds me of the way ojukwu was rap!ng pigs because the prostitutes(biafran women) were slim due to malnourishment.
You don't have to go to mecca. Come to my presence and say it. Why do you think people go to prison?
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tevinsolt: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

you should have just kept quiet but no you had to go ther, and you will get what coming to ya.

I know you're a brainwashed moronic Islamic sheep, who believe some moon god dropped a book from the sky for Mohammed to find. but wait what kind of god chooses a child predator a warmonger, a very immoral man a leader of a moral institution?

you're tiny Islamic brainwashed mind believes the creator of the universe created you to be his servants, you idiots can't stand opposition because you are scared, i know why, your ALLAH does not exist it is a creation of some idiots imagination 1400 years ago, rid yourself the burden and join the rest of us in reality.

Islam is a failed attempt. you spend your time in vain, your prayer is in vain, your other Muslims brother who blow stuff up blow it in vain, you Muslims should be happy everyone is not like you, because that sh1thole called the middle-east would have been wiped off the map a long time ago. I know your sheep mind is as a result of your parents brainwashing and their parents brainswashing but it is not too late for you to break the curse and be sane again from that backward and archaic, plagiarist reality drama you call religion.
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 08, 2015
SUBWAY101:
Wetin concern us with saudi. I know the intention of the biafran op anyway.

I am not calling attention to Saudi, I am calling attention to Islam and her primitive but brutal ways.
The Arabian colonization is on course and the short sighted cannot behold it.
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by abduljabbar4(m): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2015
tevinsolt:

you should have just kept quiet but no you had to go ther, and you will get what coming to ya.

I know you're a brainwashed moronic Islamic sheep, who believe some moon god dropped a book from the sky for Mohammed to find. but wait what kind of god chooses a child predator a warmonger, a very immoral man a leader of a moral institution?

you're tiny Islamic brainwashed mind believes the creator of the universe created you to be his servants, you idiots can't stand opposition because you are scared, i know why, your ALLAH does not exist it is a creation of some idiots imagination 1400 years ago, rid yourself the burden and join the rest of us in reality.

Islam is a failed attempt. you spend your time in vain, your prayer is in vain, your other Muslims brother who blow stuff up blow it in vain, you Muslims should be happy everyone is not like you, because that sh1thole called the middle-east would have been wiped off the map a long time ago. I know your sheep mind is as a result of your parents brainwashing and their parents brainswashing but it is not too late for you to break the curse and be sane again from that backward and archaic, plagiarist reality drama you call religion.
You are a piece of garbage. I have said this several times if you don't believe in any religion other than your own why not shut up and practise it? Why are you deforemed monkeys so obsessed with Islam? One can worship the moon if he wishes. We have been hearing a lot about pastors rap!ng and assaulting married women in churches. Look at how your 'prophets' were making a shameful, fake and empty prophesies. The real moronic bastards are those whose eyes are only on other religions. Waste of sperm.
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by abduljabbar4(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2015
I don't know why I can't upload videos here I would have shown you some debates between christians and Muslims. You are saying that we can't stand opposition, is that the opposition you are talking about? Insults? Hehe.
I'm dissappointed in those people that jailed him. That's a very short term

1 Like

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by LordMecuzy(m): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Bros Abeg try to be religious tolerant Na lol,
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tevinsolt: 7:47am On Jun 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You are a piece of garbage. I have said this several times if you don't believe in any religion other than your own why not shut up and practise it? Why are you deforemed monkeys so obsessed with Islam? One can worship the moon if he wishes. We have been hearing a lot about pastors rap!ng and assaulting married women in churches. Look at how your 'prophets' were making a shameful, fake and empty prophesies. The real moronic bastards are those whose eyes are only on other religions. Waste of sperm.

I'm a piece of garbage lmaoo not as much as your douche-bag pioneer Mohammed (piss be upon him). take your own advice and tell that to your brothers in Saudi to let the blogger go you slowpoke. when you are brainwashed into Islam it is not surprising your brain automatically switch to savage mode, with a religion as illogical as that, only God knows

wait let me ask you, do you really believe there are 72 virgins waiting for you in ur paradise? lmaoo too bad that fantasy movie being directed by mohammed from his grave won't happen.
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Insult against other religions goes unnoticed.
Yet, every objective questions about Islam are termed insults are are met with violence.

Let the violence continue.
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tucky200(m): 8:06am On Jun 08, 2015
sambisa5:
Make i hear,,,,,,yeye religion
That is the law !!!
He knws,why d fvck did he break it ?
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tucky200(m): 8:08am On Jun 08, 2015
tevinsolt:

I'm a piece of garbage lmaoo not as much as your douche-bag pioneer Mohammed (piss be upon him). take your own advice and tell that to your brothers in Saudi to let the blogger go you slowpoke. when you are brainwashed into Islam it is not surprising your brain automatically switch to savage mode, with a religion as illogical as that, only God knows

wait let me ask you, do you really believe there are 72 virgins waiting for you in ur paradise? lmaoo too bad that fantasy movie being directed by mohammed from his grave won't happen.

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 08, 2015
tucky200:

That is the law !!!
He knws,why d fvck did he break it ?

great laws are broken, how much much silly ones?
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tucky200(m): 8:20am On Jun 08, 2015
noblezone:

great laws are broken, how much much silly ones?
U brk d law
U face d wrath...if u don't face d wrath,den d law is useless and people will start brking it endlessly
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tucky200(m): 8:23am On Jun 08, 2015
tevinsolt:

And u be christian o....
U are just too useless

Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by tevinsolt: 8:24am On Jun 08, 2015
[quote author=tucky200 post=34543528][/quote]

[img]http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/435839[/img]
Re: "Insulting" Islam: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To 10 Years Prison And 1000 Lashes by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 08, 2015
Religion of peace indeed. No shred of freedom of speech.such is meant for animals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Military Men (nigerian Armed Forces) / Photos From The Burial Ceremony Of Nigerian Ambassador 2 U.S Prof. Adefuye(Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Deny Kidnapping Falae -- PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.