Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Learning to Apologise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learning to Apologise (1424 Views)

Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Pope Asks Roman Catholics To Apologise To Gays / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning to Apologise by Scholar8200(m): 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
These three words - I am sorry- would prevent a lot of calamities.

A gentle answer deflects anger,
but harsh words make tempers flare.
Proverbs 15:1

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Learning to Apologise by Jaycool18(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Learning to Apologise by Scholar8200(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
Jaycool18:
pictures or idonbilvit
You must have noticed the mild drama?! I discovered that the site was a satirical site! Apologies.
Re: Learning to Apologise by Jaycool18(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
Scholar8200:
You must have noticed the mild drama?! I discovered that the site was a satirical site! Apologies.
it's aiit
Re: Learning to Apologise by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
i am sorry is not the best way to apologize. if you want to rely apologize to someone or your loves one, you either treat them with what them like or show it with action (by caring and.......................

i seriously don't know what to write next
Re: Learning to Apologise by malvisguy212: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Scholar8200:

true talk bro.

1 Like

Re: Learning to Apologise by Anas09: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
O yes. Am sorry goes a long way to solve whole lot of problems. But some people can't say it. Why?
Am sorry flows out of my mouth like tap water. If that's what will solve the problem, ok. Am sorry you hear? Biko.

2 Likes

Re: Learning to Apologise by KingEbukaNaija: 12:37am On Jun 12, 2016
True
Re: Learning to Apologise by johnydon22(m): 7:01am On Jun 12, 2016
Scholar8200:

Very correct and also mean it when you say it... true talk brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning to Apologise by johnydon22(m): 7:04am On Jun 12, 2016
Anas09:
O yes. Am sorry goes a long way to solve whole lot of problems. But some people can't say it. Why?
Am sorry flows out of my mouth like tap water. If that's what will solve the problem, ok. Am sorry you hear? Biko.

That is cus of pride, they become too ashamed to apologize...

Pride and shame are not opposites, people do think pride negates shame so they tend to replace shame with pride.

But truly pride is the source of shame, true humility is the only antidote to shame/pride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning to Apologise by rejosom(m): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2016
Anas09:

Yeah, almost all the times, I'm sorry soothes the situation and opens way for the problem to be solved. However, in my dealings with people, I have come to understand that I'm sorry alone is not enough, a times it appears mechanical. A better way would be I am sorry for doing/saying/assuming so so an so things. That way the person you are apologizing to feels that you deeply acknowledge the situation and you are not just saying 'I am sorry' for peace to reign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning to Apologise by donnffd(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
I had a gf who complained i say "i am sorry" too much ...

Sincerely, i say it to avoid fights, i hate fights and conflicts and it wont take anything for me to say sorry if i feel it would avoid that...but i was insulted for saying i am sorry...

How do one come back from that?
Re: Learning to Apologise by kevoh(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Not just three words. Say it like you mean it. Touch the person, put your arms around the person, give the person a hug, prostrate, kneel, do anything to truly show that humility but make sure its truly an event that demands ''I am sorry'' which is when the person is really hurt. Meanwhile,let me give two scenarios where your "I am sorry" might not be needed:

Scenario 1: When I first started my job as an engineer with my agency, any small mistake I made out of being nervous I just say I am sorry. This really irritated my manager, one day dude screamed out after one of my I'm sorry sessions IS THAT ALL YOU CAN SAY? Guess my next response? Yeah, you got it right : I am sorry Sir grin grin Since that day I've grown confident, any little error (though I rarely make them now) I just argue my way through albeit respectfully.

Scenario 2: @donffd As for your girlfriend you need to engage in those fights if ever they come. That's part of how you get to study your future partner especially if you are not wrong. Some girls do not really know what they want, today they want fight, tomorrow they want I am sorry but they hate boring and predictable guys more of which you fall in the latter category. Some girls will even see the person as fake pretending to be some Mr.Nice Guy. Variety is the spice of life.

1 Like

Re: Learning to Apologise by Anas09: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
rejosom:

Yeah, almost all the times, I'm sorry soothes the situation and opens way for the problem to be solved. However, in my dealings with people, I have come to understand that I'm sorry alone is not enough, a times it appears mechanical. A better way would be I am sorry for doing/saying/assuming so so an so things. That way the person you are apologizing to feels that you deeply acknowledge the situation and you are not just saying 'I am sorry' for peace to reign.
Yea, I know. When it's done mechanically, the recipient knows that it's not really meant for pasification. It dosn't really hide when you are indeed remorseful, your demeanor expresses it.
When I said, I say "am sorry" easily, It doesn't mean I just throw it at the person thinking "afterall that's what he wants to hear", am saying that because am sorry that I hurt his or her feelings indeed, and my attitude or actions are not nice.
BTW, life is a circle, what you give comes back to you, so, anyone who would not apologize when there's need, shouldn't expect apologies from any offender around them.
Re: Learning to Apologise by Anas09: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
johnydon22:

That is cus of pride, they become too ashamed to apologize...

Pride and shame are not opposites, people do think pride negates shame so they tend to replace shame with pride.

But truly pride is the source of shame, true humility is the only antidote to shame/pride.
Yea, totally agree. Pride is the reason people can't say am sorry. The feeling of haughtiness. "A am better than him/her, why shd I say sorry?". Check behind pride, you'd find complex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning to Apologise by Scholar8200(m): 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
Patiently watch this video and pass on to others.

https://www.facebook.com/PastorJHoward/videos/1034575299916518/
Re: Learning to Apologise by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Scholar8200,
You couldn't have said it any better...those 3 words....if only.

1 Like

Re: Learning to Apologise by Scholar8200(m): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lady39:
Scholar8200,
You couldn't have said it any better...those 3 words....if only.
Thanks, diplomatic efforts have collapsed, wars broken out, properties destroyed, blood shed and countless lives lost till somebody said those 3 words with diplomacy.

(1) (Reply)

(you need to see this) just after the RAPTURE! / Why Is It That Females Are The Ones That Fall Down Most During Prayer Session? / Free Bibles, Yours For The Asking...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.