Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers (29733 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by nigerianvenom(m): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
The State Pastor of the Living Faith Church, also known as the Winners’ Chapel, Osogbo, Olumuyiwa Emmanuel, on Sunday made a passionate appeal to members of the church to start bringing foodstuffs and money to assist members (workers) who are civil servants that have not been paid their salaries in the last seven months.

The cleric made the appeal to the congregation in his sermon during the first service held at the church in Osogbo.

Emmanuel said that the church had observed that the salary issue was affecting some members of the church who were civil servants and had decided to make the call to offer them succour.

He said, “There are people among us who are civil servants and who have not been paid for about seven months. These people need our help especially at this time.

“Whatever you have, begin to bring them to the church from tomorrow. Bring foodstuffs and money. We must be our brothers’ keepers. Don’t bring clothes; this is not the time for that.

“There are people who slept on an empty stomach last night and we must not pretend that we don’t know. Bring foodstuff and money; they will be distributed to those of them who need it next Sunday.

“We are going to reach out to them effectively and maximally because nobody must suffer in our midst.”

The pastor said that there were some families where the husbands and the wives were civil servants, saying the effect of the unpaid salaries was being felt more in such homes.

It will be recalled that the labour unions in the state had on May 25 embarked on an indefinite strike to press home their demand for the backlog of salaries. The workers vowed not to return to work until their salaries were paid.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola had, on Tuesday at the inauguration of the sixth House of Assembly, explained that the delay in the payment of salaries was caused by the dwindling resources coming to the state from the Federal Government.

Aregbesola said, “Problem began in 2012 when our expenditure increased as a result of the hike in minimum wage. This was when we applied the increase to junior workers only. Then, our total emoluments rose to N2.7bn from the N1.4bn that I met in November 2010.

“By December of that year, it hit N3.5bn. At the same period, our statutory allocation increased marginally from N2.1bn to N2.5bn. By July of 2013, our total emoluments hit N4bn while our statutory allocation was N2.1bn. By then, we had extended the increase to other workers.”

www.punchng.com/news/unpaid-salaries-winners-chapel-rallies-food-aid-for-osun-workers/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by madridguy(m): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
Good move by the Pastor.......... Ogbeni Aregbesola don fall my hand big time. GOD ALONE WILL JUDGE YOU

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
I started a movement here on NL but they ignored me.

NL is full of wicked people

BackDatAssUp:

[size=18pt]Osun State Civil Servants Relief Fund[/size]

Dear fellow forumites and forum rats,
I come to you on behalf of the good hardworking but not so smart civil servants of the state of osun under aregberascal who for 7 months and counting have not received their monthly emoluments owing to GEJ and Ngozi carting away Osun people's $20bn from the NNPC account.

Things are very hard in Osun and as I write this urgent appeal most homes go to sleep without their regular amala ati ewedu.

But with a minimum of 200 naira a month you can make a difference.

We are also considering opening a food bank where you can drop off any expired tin foods or food products without nafdac approval.

Also, with just 5000 naira a month you can adopt an Osun state civil servants.

So let's make a difference, we are the world bla bla bla

For further enquiries on how you can make donations pls PM me.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
Why can't he stop the policy of free feeding, dispose the state owned helicopter and withold his own allocation and those of his appointees?

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
Meanwhile, AregbeRascal is still enjoying helicopter rides

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
@Wombraiders lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by stinggy(m): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
Now this is Pathetic!
Very very sad cry
Disgraceful cry cry

Aregbe pay these workers' salaries or Sango strikes you down angry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
@Wombraiders lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

how far?

Up Barca!
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by stinggy(m): 3:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
Why can't he stop the policy of free feeding, dispose the state owned helicopter and withold his own allocation and those of his appointees?
Policy of feeding has already been paid for through a sector of the budget, do you collect money back from the company or what?

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Finee bros and you?
WombRaiders:

how far?

Up Barca!

Treble on point

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
stinggy:

Policy of feeding has already been paid for through a sector of the budget, do you collect money back from the company or what?
Already been paid by who? where did the government get N3.2 billion to pay for the 2015 feeding expenses? The reason Aregbe doesn't want to stop it is because he's benefitting from it.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by PRYCE(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Humanitarian indeed!

Meanwhile That Alfa is in Cuba to stash up his Cuban cigars!

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Ohammadike: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Meanwhile aregberascal is building world tallest talking drum

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Ohammadike: 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
The king of debt is busy searching for a new wife in pakistain

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by EasternLeopard: 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
And some adults were shouting CHANGE

21 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by ziccoit: 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
I think laws should be enacted to criminalize and attach penalty to inability or failure to pay workers salary. While failure to pay should attract a severe penalty and inability to pay must be addressed in such a way that workers should be adequately compensated for the periods they have gone hungry. When an employer of labour both in public and private sector knows he would not go scot free for failure to meet welfare obligation to his working force, he would certainly priorities their welfare.

Economy is bad but a lot of governors pay salary when they feel like when the going was good. Some of them believe wage bills do not leave enough for developmental project so they renegade on that aspect. Whereas, that doesn't stop them and their cronies from deeping their ugly hands into public fund.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
NL should organise a rellief effort for the good people of Osun

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
“You must not cheat or rob your neighbor. You must not hold a hired worker’s salary overnight until morning. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭19‬:‭13‬ ERV)

Give him his pay every day before sunset, because he is poor and depends on the money. If you don’t pay him, he will complain against you to the Lord, and you will be guilty of sin. (‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭24‬:‭15‬ ERV)

It was funny at first cos these jokers actually voted him in and praised him. But my conscience is starting to feel sorry for them. That man is heartless

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by applord: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
You have my full support
grin grin grin

BackDatAssUp:

Osun State Civil Servants Relief Fund

Dear fellow forumites and forum rats,

I come to you on behalf of the good hardworking but not so smart civil servants of the state of osun under aregberascal who for 7 months and counting have not received their monthly emoluments owing to GEJ and Ngozi carting away Osun people's $20bn from the NNPC account.

Things are very hard in Osun and as I write this urgent appeal most homes go to sleep without their regular amala ati ewedu.

But with a minimum of 200 naira a month you can make a difference.

We are also considering opening a food bank where you can drop off any expired tin foods or food products without nafdac approval.

Also, with just 5000 naira a month you can adopt an Osun state civil servants.

So let's make a difference, we are the world bla bla bla

For further enquiries on how you can make donations pls PM me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by stinggy(m): 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
Already been paid by who? where did the government get N3.2 billion to pay for the 2015 feeding expenses? The reason Aregbe doesn't want to stop it is because he's benefitting from it.

But you know the pupils are still being fed right? Obviously a percentage of the 3.2 has been paid.
Of course na, Aregbe must be feeding fat on the policy likewise other policies he come up with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Ohammadike: 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
WombRaiders:

When are we donating.On behalf of me,mine and myself l humbly donate one spoon of rice,one tomato and one head of fish to feed the gullible people of osun.

lt is not much but enough to cook rice and fish stew

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Ohammadike: 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
Osun loves change

17 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Maxymilliano(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
This is what you get when you have a refrigerator technician as a governor. The he-goat was practically taken on Jonathan at any slight opportunity he had, yet he could not manage an agrarian State like Osun.

He is the worst thing to happen to Osun state.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ohammadike:
When are we donating.On behalf of me,mine and myself l humbly donate one spoon of rice,one tomato and one head of fish to feed the gullible people of osun.

lt is not much but enough to cook rice and fish stew

Given that AregbeRascal gave 2 cups per vote, I think your offer is very much adequate

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by eaglechild: 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
This is very sad.
What kind of irresponsible government is this?

What have Osun state and Nigerians gotten themselves into?

Why is the man roaming free without any threat of impeachment while some hate filled beings were busy chasing Fayose about.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by NDPVF(m): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
WombRaiders:

*Fall from chair*
stop!,stop!.
My wine is gone*I don dye!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by NDPVF(m): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
WombRaiders:

Given that AregbeRascal gave 2 cups per vote, I think your offer is very much adequate

Omenka,Pensniper,passingshot,are you among the beneficiaries?.
are you people

14 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by nigerianvenom(m): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:

These are questions i often asked not just for osun but other states in similar condition

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by 99100(m): 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
The man appears helpless. His reasons for owing workers for 7months isn't convincing. His excuse was that because he paid level 1 workers 18k and not that he even effected the increament all round and from his explanation it affected the state budget that he couldnt pay his workers salaries for 7months and counting. Imo state minimum wage is 20k and this increament the state effected till the last level starting from level 1, yet we are not hearing of 7months unpaid salaries in the state.
This confirms the notion that SW states are poor with Lagos the only exception.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Winners’ Chapel Rallies Food Aid For Osun Workers by Francis5: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
Pathetic! Bar Lagos which is populated and driven in large part by non-Yorubas, the SW is a bastion of penury and misery.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Throws Kick At His Attacker (Video) / Prophet Abiodun Evans: Anthony Joshua Must Swim Before His Next Match To Win / Man Proposes To Lady At Shiloh 2017: Miracle Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.