Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074244 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
hi guys... can someone help with a response to this plssssssssss........
favour0011:
i rili want to understand this "Family ties in canada and country of residence". since they dnt hv anyone in canada, why would family ties in canada be ticked. can someone pls enlighten us on this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
teana4040:
Pls how much is the cost for medicals in IOM ikeja and description on how to get there...cos i dont live in Lagos...i only knw Ojota bustop

first call them to book an appointment
the medical fee is 28k which u will pay into their account
go with a copy of the payment teller
a copy of passport data page and medical form sent to ur mail
6 passport photographs

from ojota take a bike to Lagos state university teaching hospital (lasuth) Ikeja u will see some kekenapep in front of the hospital board one and tell the driver u wanna stop at reverend ogunbiyi street wen u get there ask of IOM

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bobola86:
I think most people mess up their application with their SOP. This is an optional document and we or better still I have seen successful applications without SOP. Funny when people give SOP as the reason for denial sometimes telling the delayed person to write a better SOP. As much as submitting a simple and well detailed SOP might help an application, a lot of things can go wrong when you submit one too. For example, trying too hard to convince the VO or whoever reviews the application. That sometimes show signs of desperation which might lead to been delayed. IMO, explaining why u chose a particular program or the benefits you will derive from your intended study makes up a SOP but most people went as far as trying to convince the reader to grant his or her trv thereby giving "too much information" which eventually affects the application. Some people needs to keep some details to themselves. Other factors like Grammatical error e.t.c. can also affect a SOP. I don't believe much in a SOP (I wrote a short one nway) cos I believe if your document isn't right or gives some kind of negative alert like bn a potential immigrant on your app, SOP can do nothing! We all need to be careful with some documents we submit too. Some shows sign of bn too desperate. If you are real and genuine, you don't have to prove too hard or include some irrelevant details. I rest my case. Well done to everyone helping on this forum. #PleaseDontCrucifyMeForThis #HealthyArgumentsAreAllowed #JustThinkingOutLoud

I and 3 of my friends that we applied together didn't even include SOP and we all got our TRVs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
mevisbleek:

Just got info from my couz, they dulled both of them Lmfao. They will submitt uk visa app on Monday. Applied online may 8, dulled today.
Still waiting to hear from the last person.

Chei!

Some people's heart just skipped a beat. That if a whole Agent MevisBleek (na joke I dey o) applied for people and those people got turned down, which hope do the agent-less ones have?

Hehehe...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
I totally agree. I didn't even write one

Bobola86:
I think most people mess up their application with their SOP. This is an optional document and we or better still I have seen successful applications without SOP. Funny when people give SOP as the reason for denial sometimes telling the delayed person to write a better SOP. As much as submitting a simple and well detailed SOP might help an application, a lot of things can go wrong when you submit one too. For example, trying too hard to convince the VO or whoever reviews the application. That sometimes show signs of desperation which might lead to been delayed. IMO, explaining why u chose a particular program or the benefits you will derive from your intended study makes up a SOP but most people went as far as trying to convince the reader to grant his or her trv thereby giving "too much information" which eventually affects the application. Some people needs to keep some details to themselves. Other factors like Grammatical error e.t.c. can also affect a SOP. I don't believe much in a SOP (I wrote a short one nway) cos I believe if your document isn't right or gives some kind of negative alert like bn a potential immigrant on your app, SOP can do nothing! We all need to be careful with some documents we submit too. Some shows sign of bn too desperate. If you are real and genuine, you don't have to prove too hard or include some irrelevant details. I rest my case. Well done to everyone helping on this forum. #PleaseDontCrucifyMeForThis #HealthyArgumentsAreAllowed #JustThinkingOutLoud
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
As in ehn!!! Its just hilariously crazy undecided undecided
Gu2015:
my dear online route.is so slow, my skool resumes 13 August i Jst tire.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
TheBae:
I totally agree. I didn't even write one

the moment we understand that it's all about God d beta.lets leave dis SOP nd No SOP.All Glory belongs to God.so don't tink for him.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
DENNYFLEX001:
Hello House,
My younger sister got admission at UVIC and I need the guys in the house to help me list the sponsor document (including company documents)or direct me to the page. Thanks

UVic? Really What course and what entry (Fall/Winter)? I'm heading in the same direction hence my excitement.

You need to disclose more about the sponsor(s) so peeps can advice on what documents to tender. 1 or 2 or 3 sponsors? Do the sponsor(s) bear the same surname with the applicant? Are they sponsoring on a personal or an a company level? etc

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Chei!

Some people's heart just skipped a beat. That if a whole Agent MevisBleek (na joke I dey o) applied for people and those people got turned down, which hope do the agent-less ones have?

Hehehe...

Lol at agent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Just a suggestion you are not obligated to adhere. I will advise you to make make a fresh application and it should be you alone without your wife and kid going with you this time as you can always bring them over when you get to Canada moving the entire family all at once is seriously a red-flag and considered a cheap way for you to migrate your entire family. if you can pay your fees in full to show academic commitment and you could write a letter of explanation as well highlighting the mix-up in your previous application but apply alone this time and they can join you later it is much easier that way. Canada study permit has no right of appeal like the UK don't bother writing several letters. all the best
[quote author=GLOBALX post=35448703]Hello Gurus in the house,

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
meddybrown:
Pls how do I arrange my documents
My autobiography
Letter of intent
Statement of account from sponsor
I.D card of sponsor
Letter of employment of sponsor
Last promotion letter of sponsor
Certificate of busines of sponsored
Letter of contract awarded to the sponpor's company
sponsor letter
Acceptance letter, police clearance, my neco certificat, TOEFL result, cert of birth, certificate related to the course I am going for and pictures of the work have done. Going for a school of makeup

Lol...@autobiography. When I grow up sir, I want to be like you. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
Just a candid advice: Anyone who still thinks of applying online for Fall(Sept) is advised to take the paper route. With the current backlog, we foresee a trend of 8weeks for the waiters....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
uhmmmm closed application is closed nothing can be reverse ,... you can re-apply and proof them wrong but i will advise you come home to apply ....good luck
GLOBALX:
Hello Gurus in the house,

I am an ardent reader of this Canada travel page but i do not make comments.Please i have a serious issue that i need you guys to help me look into.

Recently i applied for a study permit for myself,an open work permit for my wife and a visitors visa for my son respectively.I stated in my Statement of purpose and on my form why i would want them along with me.

This afternoon,i received a refusal letter and quickly logged into my wife's account and my sons account and found out that they have been denied too.

Now this is the drama.

I applied as the main applicant, and the reason for refusal was under the *other reason category*

-Reason-
Your head of familys application has been denied.AS A MINOR DEPENDANT,YOUR APPLICATION IS LIKEWISE DENIED.

This was the reason for denying my son too.

On my wife's application who happens to be my own dependant who applied for an open work permit, her application was treated as the main applicant and the following were the boxes ticked

1. You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay

2.travel history

3.Purpose of visit.

Immediately after this drama,i sent them an email stating that the application has not been treated fairly as i was denied based on a condition that does not apply to me since i was the main applicant and the head of the family while my wife and son are the minor or dependent applicant.

I already paid 50 percent of my tuition,had around 35,000 canadian dollars in my own personal statement of account so money was not the issue.

This is a copy of the email i sent to them.

[b]My application number is S*******and my name is *********.I have applied as a main applicant for a study permit alongside my wife for a work permit and my son for a visitors Visa.

Having carefully done my part as an applicant to submit and include all required document,i noticed in the paper of refusal sent to me that my case was treated as a minor applicant based on the ticked box and my wife's case was treated as the main applicant considering the boxes ticked on her refusal letter.

By this,i am made to belief that the decision process has been compromised because of this discrepancy and i ask that my application be revisited as it should have been treated.
I am afraid that this first mistake on the part of the Canadian immigration Service on my application will definitely preempt a decision likely not to be in my favor as the CIC UK may find it difficult to admit that my case has not been treated fairly,justly and that due diligence was not carried out during the process of making a decision on the entire family's application

I and my family members have a strong travel history especially within the European continent and the Schengen area and our passports are usually not stamped to show to the entry clearing officer.

Also, I as the main applicant and my family members have a workers permit which expires in 2017 and my study application to canada ends in 2016 so i do not see any reason why we will not leave canada at the end of my study.

I recently applied for my ******* Citizenship as i am already qualified and have met all the requirement in my present country of residence and i do not see any reason why my family will not return to ******* to accept our citizenship status.

Lastly,my purpose of visit as the main applicant is simple and clear,I have been admitted on a post-graduate certificate program at Fanshawe College and i duly attached my admission letter and a tuition deposit slip plus a bank statement showing my financial status.

I sincerely hope that my case is urgently treated and looked into as i am so worried that the credibility of the process at reaching a decision on our application has been compromised.

I do hope for a favorable response eventually.

Thank you,
[/b]

We are not applicants from Nigeria but we are Nigerians.

Please,guys what do you think or advise because the application has been closed based on the info on my CIC account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
My program is a Co-Op Education, In answering the eligibility question "IS WORK AN ESSENTIAL COMPONENT OF YOUR STUDIES?", should I answer Yes or No?
If I answer Yes, how do I go about the Upload "LETTER FROM MY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION STATING WORK IS A NECESSARY REQUIREMENT FOR THE COMPLETION OF STUDIES"? Should I request the letter from my school or upload my Acceptance letter(cos Co-Op Education is stated in my letter)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Am I his brain that I would think for him? I agreed with what the young man said about SOP being an optional document so what exactly is the problem? What are you doing on the forum if you don't want to hear other people's opinions?

Gu2015:
the moment we understand that it's all about God d beta.lets leave dis SOP nd No SOP.All Glory belongs to God.so don't tink for him.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
Seriously from a Masters Degree to a diploma not even a second Masters or Phd, pretty straight forward case for the VO to refuse.

mevisbleek:

Ehen brother,

1) the regular cic forms
2) sponsor personal soa with 74m and 30m fixed deposit (sponsor biological father). Plus sponsor data page
Doc of sponsor physical asset (plaza in lagos). Sponsor letter of sponsorship
3) transcripts from undergrad, masters and Nysc certificate.
4) sop (with plenty English which didn't work lmfao)
5) applicant data page with passport copy containing valid 2yr UK and USA and french visa (expired french visa)

The dude was coming for diploma sait after a master's degree from UK. He got phd admission in UK and will pursue that for Sept intake.
Well I advise him to go to UK for phd or begin import tokunbo toilet seat since his papa is into business. Lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
Omonjoe:
My program is a Co-Op Education, In answering the eligibility question "IS WORK AN ESSENTIAL COMPONENT OF YOUR STUDIES?", should I answer Yes or No?
If I answer Yes, how do I go about the Upload "LETTER FROM MY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION STATING WORK IS A NECESSARY REQUIREMENT FOR THE COMPLETION OF STUDIES"? Should I request the letter from my school or upload my Acceptance letter(cos Co-Op Education is stated in my letter)
Yes, and attach ur acceptance letter if it is detailed on it.

When are u meant to resume sch? I would advise u take the paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
TheBae:
Am I his brain that I would think for him? I agreed with what the young man said about SOP being an optional document so what exactly is the problem? What are you doing on the forum if you don't want to hear other people's opinions?

read properly before U reply I dint rebuke or talk down abt his comment rather i supported.bt want us to acknowledge d God factor in getting TRV.tanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
The "so don't think for him" of it was very rude so yes, I read your post right. Nobody is trying to think for anybody

Gu2015:
read properly before U reply I dint rebuke or talk down abt his comment rather i supported.bt want us to acknowledge d God factor in getting TRV.tanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
Today was really eventful!....whew..
Just like transfer deadline dday.....!

God bless us and favour us in the end....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bobola86:

Leveraging on your hashtag #HealthyArgumentsAreAllowed, I beg to disagree sir!

You need to provide us with EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE grin as to how many people applied with SOP, how many applied without SOP, and what their respective success percentages are. You stating that most people mess up their application with their SOP is generalization. The fait accompli is you saying I don't believe much in a SOP (I wrote a short one nway) Contradiction!

Meanwhile, I suggest we start calling this thing LOE as that CIC calls it instead of SOP. Almost got me confused when I was applying.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
TheBae:
The "so don't think for him" of it was very rude so yes, I read your post right. Nobody is trying to think for anybody

I meant don't think for God nd will say it again no Man think for God.pls wen u read a comment b opened minded so U don't offend urself for nothing.thanks Congrats on ur TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Congratulations sire..
Kindly share what program you're going for and the documents you submitted.
lexyj123:
Hello house, i just got my medical call this noon, please which clinic will be faster and humane also how much will the test cost me.
your quick response will be appreciated. thank.

I pray for those expecting medical calls, OOOYAAAAAA!!! RECEIVE IT IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF GOD!!!!

its your turn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
mevisbleek:

Ehen brother,

1) the regular cic forms
2) sponsor personal soa with 74m and 30m fixed deposit (sponsor biological father). Plus sponsor data page
Doc of sponsor physical asset (plaza in lagos). Sponsor letter of sponsorship
3) transcripts from undergrad, masters and Nysc certificate.
4) sop (with plenty English which didn't work lmfao)
5) applicant data page with passport copy containing valid 2yr UK and USA and french visa (expired french visa)

The dude was coming for diploma sait after a master's degree from UK. He got phd admission in UK and will pursue that for Sept intake.
Well I advise him to go to UK for phd or begin import tokunbo toilet seat since his papa is into business. Lol.

Lol...I'm happy you've taken to the humorous part of this because meeeehn, when I saw 74m and 30 from biological father and still denied my first reaction was....BLOOD OF MOSES!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
Abeg who is thinking for God here? Just ridiculous. You either agree with his post or not. Please move on

Gu2015:
I meant don't think for God nd will say it again no Man think for God.pls wen u read a comment b opened minded so U don't offend urself for nothing.thanks Congrats on ur TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Gu2015:
Bros, please leave God out of what I said. Nobody is claiming his glory here. Just pointing out what I noticed. You don't have to get religious over everything! Moreover, Faith without works is dead if I make any sense to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Be thankful to God.Congrats once more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Leveraging on your hashtag #HealthyArgumentsAreAllowed, I beg to disagree sir!

You need to provide us with EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE grin as to how many people applied with SOP, how many applied without SOP, and what their respective success percentages are. You stating that most people mess up their application with their SOP is generalization. The fait accompli is you saying I don't believe much in a SOP (I wrote a short one nway) Contradiction!

Meanwhile, I suggest we start calling this thing LOE as that CIC calls it instead of SOP. Almost got me confused when I was applying.
Thanks for taking it easy on me lol. Probably you didn't understand where am going or I didn't explain properly. Anyways, I was just saying. And I didn't contradict myself by saying i wrote a short one.I wrote that to make something clear which is am not discouraging anyone from writing neither am I saying writing one is bad in anyway but to be conscious so your words won't be used against u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Lol...I'm happy you've taken to the humorous part of this because meeeehn, when I saw 74m and 30 from biological father and still denied my first reaction was....BLOOD OF MOSES!

I wish say na my biological father get that money lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
folabisi07:
Please guys, please! Is it possible to study in any university in Canada with just #1.5m (Sum total)? Graduate of mathematics science...

Very VERY POSSIBLE if you get funding from your department/university.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bobola86:

Thanks for taking it easy on me lol. Probably you didn't understand where am going or I didn't explain properly. Anyways, I was just saying. And I didn't contradict myself by saying i wrote a short one. I wrote that to make something clear which is am not discouraging anyone from writing neither am I saying writing one is bad in anyway but to be conscious so your words won't be used against u.

Great point sir! I totally agree.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
I just discovered u applied May 7 (Online) and still haven't gotten a response yet shocked.
To buttress your point anybody planning to apply for fall intake should better do before July 15 or defer admission for Winter session to avoid stories that touch because there might not be sufficient time to process your docs which might lead to outright REFUSAL. This applies to both Online and Paper route, remember this is the September Rush period where they get lots of applications.
berexio1:
Just a candid advice: Anyone who still thinks of applying online for Fall(Sept) is advised to take the paper route. With the current backlog, we foresee a trend of 8weeks for the waiters....

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.