Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077444 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 11:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
Omonjoe:
Gud pm E family, I am in a need of assistance from any one that can help here.

I got acceptance into a college for a two year PGD and my tuition is $13740Cad. All my documents for TRV are ready except SPONSOR"s documents. The man that promised to help as a sponsor got partial paralysis about two weeks ago and currently in the hospital. I have tried looking for other sponsors but no positive response from any.

Please I need help from anyone here that can provide me with a GENUINE SOA (as a sponsor) and other sponsor's documents to enable me apply for my TRV.

I have half of my tuition already and my salary will keep running because I am on study leave with pay. So, paying for my tuition myself is not a problem.

Please help me actualize my dreams and I will forever be indebted and grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NigerianNewbie: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
CoCoLav:
Hey guys
Just got called for medicals!

Applied May 11th
Biometrics May 12th

UOttawa. LLM, Fall 2015

Docs submitted
Normal CIC documents
Mum and Dad's SOA though mostly fixed deposits
Dad's payslips
Acceptance letter
Call to bar and LLB certificates
Waec certificate
Birth certificate
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of explanation
Personal SOA
NYSC acceptance letter from my firm cos I'm still serving.

Sponsors are my parents and I'm 23.
All the best guys! The wait was terrible but I give all thanks to God.

Congratulations. 1 more person heading to OT.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
happy to read from this site..good job guys...may God bless u all...pls i want to apply through mpnp for a PR because i scored 5.5 overall band in ielts so pls i wil be glad to know all i should do so i dont mess up..anyone with help pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 12:06am On Jul 09, 2015
Congrats!
I believe you're in Batch C. Please when do you plan to leave? Before POP right? I'm scared of doing that oh. What's your plan?

CoCoLav:
Hey guys
Just got called for medicals!

Applied May 11th
Biometrics May 12th

UOttawa. LLM, Fall 2015

Docs submitted
Normal CIC documents
Mum and Dad's SOA though mostly fixed deposits
Dad's payslips
Acceptance letter
Call to bar and LLB certificates
Waec certificate
Birth certificate
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of explanation
Personal SOA
NYSC acceptance letter from my firm cos I'm still serving.

Sponsors are my parents and I'm 23.
All the best guys! The wait was terrible but I give all thanks to God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 12:16am On Jul 09, 2015
Lol cool kid, see you selling your market oh.
tnuola:

Lmao.. I'm actually really sweet sha...
Like really really really sweet and nice too. And I'm a cool kid
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by onyekachi122: 12:18am On Jul 09, 2015
what are the changes in you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Solo8(m): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2015
Rickywowoz:
Thanks for the reply. I want to do my post grad in petroleum engineering with the hope of getting a job in an oil firm.. I want to know your opinion in the demand for petroleum engineers in the future with respect to the fall in oil price.. is masters in petroleum engineering a good investment??! Thanks for your time boss

This is a tough question to answer because it depends on the demand for petroleum itself. We know we'll have to depend less on crude for energy in the long run but honestly nobody really knows what the short term time frame will be. There are just too many variables and its hard for anyone to access because we are all kinda trapped in our own sector bubble, there is some data that says that we'll need engineers in Canada for the next 20 yrs or so. I'm not sure how true that is because I live in Toronto and its pretty competitive here but we know that the population of the country is growing. My personal opinion is that you do your masters in a field of engineering that you are genuinely interested in, and if that happens to be in petroleum engineering, so be it.

Petroleum engineers get paid very well here but the thing is that there are not that many jobs that requires a specialized petroleum engineer, so the demand is not high as others.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bimbofela: 12:35am On Jul 09, 2015
kennykentipsy:
do I need a uk visa to transit via England cos the flight am about to book will stop over at Heathrow airport England before proceeding to Toronto?

No you don't have to. My husband travels with British airways n stops @ Heathrow for about 4- 5 hours before heading to Toronto. I have never seen a UK visa in his passport b4.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 12:51am On Jul 09, 2015
Graviton2:
I applied via paper route and owing to some confusion on my part, I did not fill the study permit form and attach it with my app. Largely because when I applied via online route I wasn't required to present the form.

I had to fill the questionnaire by hand, I did this satisfactorily but not as well as I would hope...In my confusion, I made a slight error on the date of my graduation from a program I did after high school. I also forgot to tick "study permit" on the document checklist because I had thought I won't be submitting the study permit form.

I feel like I have put myself in a stitch right now. Will these oversights disturb my app?

I don't think so. Don't sweat it. I made a couple little mistakes with my application as well, though I submitted online, and they didn't affect the outcome. As long as the major requirements are in order, I think you're good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gedtalks(m): 12:59am On Jul 09, 2015
House please can anyone direct me on what to do. I want to do a second study visa application- The previous one I applied for didn't scale through because all my documents were not ready as at the time of application. Amongst these documents is my letter of employment and it was even stated as one of the reasons I was denied. I got a job December last year but I haven't been issued an employment letter because the first 6 months were probation period. The consortium I work for is an EU consortium, so our CEO who I guess should be the one to sign this letter is based in Europe. Our team leader is presently making moves to obtain the letter of employment from Greece for those of us that are up to 6 months old (that includes me). I do not know how to even put mouth to ask for an alternative letter. I do not want to risk being fired or put my Job on the line - as I do not think they will like to hear that .

Now I am really bothered because if I do not do my application as soon as possible, time will not allow it be processed before Fall start session (Sept 8th ). Does anyone have a similar experience of not having a letter of employment to present? Please advice me. Time is not on my side at all. the admission also has a January start session, but my fees (refundable) have already been paid for fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by KingHeni: 1:20am On Jul 09, 2015
was not sent my medical form....though i got my certified data page. Pls how do i handle the issue?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:45am On Jul 09, 2015
TheBae:
Congrats!
I believe you're in Batch C. Please when do you plan to leave? Before POP right? I'm scared of doing that oh. What's your plan?

scared of what??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:49am On Jul 09, 2015
bimbofela:

No you don't have to. My husband travels with British airways n stops @ Heathrow for about 4- 5 hours before heading to Toronto. I have never seen a UK visa in his passport b4.

thanks I just even confirmed from uk govt website you are exempted from a transit visa if you have a Canadian USA or Australian visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:53am On Jul 09, 2015
KingHeni:
was not sent my medical form....though i got my certified data page. Pls how do i handle the issue?

mail CIC Ghana and lay ur complain u would be sent ur medical form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by KingHeni: 5:04am On Jul 09, 2015
kennykentipsy:

mail CIC Ghana and lay ur complain u would be sent ur medical form
like how long will it take for them to respond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 5:29am On Jul 09, 2015
KingHeni:

within 24hrs I guess
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 5:43am On Jul 09, 2015
SeraSera:

I don't think so. Don't sweat it. I made a couple little mistakes with my application as well, though I submitted online, and they didn't affect the outcome. As long as the major requirements are in order, I think you're good.

Thanks. I almost died of high blood pressure. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:51am On Jul 09, 2015
Kingheni sir?
When were you called for medicals?
When did you apply and which route?
Share docs u submitted too...
KingHeni:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 6:39am On Jul 09, 2015
gedtalks:
House please can anyone direct me on what to do. I want to do a second study visa application- The previous one I applied for didn't scale through because all my documents were not ready as at the time of application. Amongst these documents is my letter of employment and it was even stated as one of the reasons I was denied. I got a job December last year but I haven't been issued an employment letter because the first 6 months were probation period. The consortium I work for is an EU consortium, so our CEO who I guess should be the one to sign this letter is based in Europe. Our team leader is presently making moves to obtain the letter of employment from Greece for those of us that are up to 6 months old (that includes me). I do not know how to even put mouth to ask for an alternative letter. I do not want to risk being fired or put my Job on the line - as I do not think they will like to hear that .

Now I am really bothered because if I do not do my application as soon as possible, time will not allow it be processed before Fall start session (Sept 8th ). Does anyone have a similar experience of not having a letter of employment to present? Please advice me. Time is not on my side at all. the admission also has a January start session, but my fees (refundable) have already been paid for fall.

Hey.

An alternative is probably to submit one or two reference letters from your immediate supervisors (or fellow employees you can relate to) at work stating explicitly your work relationship and how your intended study will benefit you as well as the consortium in general when you "comeback"

Work I.D?

They must have notified you one way or the other that you got the job: Email? print that too

It will help if you can state all the reasons why you were denied so people can help more.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2015
TheBae:
Congrats!

You know we can't discuss this on an open forum wink
Send me a PM.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pampem: 6:52am On Jul 09, 2015
emmyopok:
happy to read from this site..good job guys...may God bless u all...pls i want to apply through mpnp for a PR because i scored 5.5 overall band in ielts so pls i wil be glad to know all i should do so i dont mess up..anyone with help pls
Hello,

Refer to federal skilled worker thread on NL . A better band score is of advantage, minimum of 6. All d best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 09, 2015
skymorbabs:
Tanx immensely for ur timely response.
Pls did U hv d info of the MUN over accepting electronic copy of transcript from som1 graduated sch?
Also accept scanning document rather than sending it by post?

For MUN u need to send your transcript and letter of English Proficiency by post mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obig: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2015
After tracking my application this morning below is what i saw.

I hope its positive sha coz i did upfront medicals and my application is 7weeks plus

Visa application, tracking ID No.20*******– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 08/07/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Yums: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2015
Hey err so i submitted.
1. admission letter from Fanshawe college
2. a document from the school showing the duration of my course, school fees etc
3. university certificate and transcript
4.nysc discharge certificate
5.waec result (from weac)
6. a letter of introduction form my dad (sponsor)
7.His account details (showing balance etc)
8.a letter from my aunt in canada stating i would stay with her till i get my own accommodation.
9.receipt from fanshawe showing payment of full school fees
10.Letter of introduction from where i work
yeah i think that was it. If i think of any other one i'll update the list

hayqinsbFX:
congratulations....kindly list your documents o...
seems we got a college applicant at last....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Yums: 7:28am On Jul 09, 2015
Thank u!
tnuola:
Congrats yums
Congrats Tyrannasty
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:32am On Jul 09, 2015
Incase you skipped any wanna ask..

Did you submit your SOA, or any form of payslips from work?
How long is your program?

What did you study in your UG and what program are you going for at fanshawe?

Seems tie in canada doesn't mean nothing n the end...
Yums:
Thank u!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Yums: 7:38am On Jul 09, 2015
oh no i didnt submit my SOA or any pay slips, just my dad's.

I studied Geology in Uni going for a PGD in Geographic information systems in fanshawe. The programs for one year.
hayqinsbFX:
Incase you skipped any wanna ask..

Did you submit your SOA, or any form of payslips from work?
How long is your program?

What did you study in your UG and what program are you going for at fanshawe?

Seems tie in canada doesn't mean nothing n the end...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:43am On Jul 09, 2015
Okay cool
How long have you been working? And when did you conclude your nysc?
And did your lette of introduction state how much you earn?
Yums:
oh no i didnt submit my SOA or any pay slips, just my dad's.

I studied Geology in Uni going for a PGD in Geographic information systems in fanshawe. The programs for one year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 7:56am On Jul 09, 2015
I can conclude that simplicity is just the best as long as you are fresh outta school plus God's grace doh.

hayqinsbFX:
Okay cool
How long have you been working? And when did you conclude your nysc?
And did your lette of introduction state how much you earn?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2015
That's just it...
No need to disturb or break ur head just as I did... cry cry cry
kfrosh:
I can conclude that simplicity is just the best as long as you are fresh outta school plus God's grace doh.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2015
It. Is well.
In ur same position last month..
Go pick your documents with positivity...
obig:
After tracking my application this morning below is what i saw.

I hope its positive sha coz i did upfront medicals and my application is 7weeks plus

Visa application, tracking ID No.20*******– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 08/07/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Phronesis2: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2015
hello House, for those that did upfront medicals (paper route), how are they being informed if the medical is under review? experience members can advice pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.