Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077240 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2015
tonero230:

Sorry i thought you meant their food is not suppose to be nigerian
Don't always assume everyone disparages ur Nigeria. hahaha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2015
bc2015:

smiley cheesy

Can you help me edit the post I beg of you?
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2015
yetunde84:
Please elp, wat documents are needed 4 a visiting canadian visa...tnks

if you are working,you payslip,soa,leave letter,employment letter,invitation letter or hotel reservation,your asset,work id,marriage certificate,sop,intl passport,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by JJCE(m): 7:43am On Jul 26, 2015
myb012:

I av the acceptance letter for the school in manitoba already for the same start date with the one in Ontario 31st aug
bro av sent u pm, am applicant to uofw in manitoba...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2015
I think they will accept that but I believe the problem is the fact that it's a company account and it's an individual and not the company that is sponsoring him or her. Company accounts can be quite controversial for visa applications generally. I'm not so sure though but please let him just use his personal SOA if he has enough money there. Goodluck
ayooluwatoni:

Although visa refusals are not so good....but not to worry so much about that, as there's nothing impossible for God! Had two rejections, before applying for US visa, yet had my US visa.
The major challenge I foresee is your sponsor. I think (not sure though) funds that would be available for your studies should either be in your Country of residence or the country you intend going. I doubt if Canada embassy will accept a statement from the US, I so much doubt it, but you can ask THE ELDERS in this room. You can just get someone here in Naija with a fat account to claim your uncle or aunt.......and provide you with SoA.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2015
I just don't understand these people sometimes. This thing is so straightforward. It has been broken down many times on this thread, I don't know why it's so difficult to just Google something with "nairaland" or "cic" at the end of it. People should please make an effort to find out stuff before asking such basic questions continuously.
TempusQ:
Oga sorry, but, I can't help it.
Check the damn site!!!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2015
IyaEjima:

They probably meant beverages esp full cream milk, cabin(if u r a fan of cabin), Gnut, etc.. Cornflakes isn't necesary, u'll buy d best of flakes in Canada.. Pls be mindful of ur declarations, else u'll have them all thrashed if u r unlucky.. Esp d milk.

Please how about Orijin?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:34am On Jul 26, 2015
You can take it in, they might not notice but if they notice there just might be a little problem because I noticed that they didn't list the ingredients on the origin can or bottle. But they most likely won't notice anyway
dahjor:

Please how about Orijin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:37am On Jul 26, 2015
Please does the unlimited night and weekend call plan apply to calls to Nigeria as well?
GboyegaD:

I think any Samsung Galaxy phone is fine. I still use my MTN till date. As for plans, IMO, Koodo has the most reasonable student plan. I think it is $34 monthly with 300 daytime calls, unlimited night and weekend calls, and 50mb of data. You could also use Wind if it is strong around your location.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Lmfao! We can still see the the edited post! tongue
GboyegaD:

I guess I was just impatient. I will edit my post asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2015
Please leave at least 10-12 weeks allowance between the date you apply and the date you want to go. No one can predict the fastest route or how long it will the take. It can take 3weeks, 5weeks, 8weeks or even 10weeks to get your passport back in your hands. So apply early. Applying late is absolutely not advisable but can work out eventually. You can defer your admission if your documents aren't ready by September/October since enrolment starts in December
donhuko:
I have admission for Winter session (January start),University of Toronto. Please, I need urgent information on how long it will take to process my student visa. What is the fastest means to go about this ??. Will I be able to meet up the deadline for enrollment (tentatively December) ??.
And if I fail to do so, wats the possible alternatives to retain the admission and enroll later.
Thanks for your kind assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2015
dahjor:

Please how about Orijin?
Lol! Can't say anything about alcohol. Maybe d guys in d house will ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Princepoldi: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Princepoldi post=36278398]Please house , I submitted my study application using an agent who told me he submitted my application on the 11th of June . Up till now I have not received an email for biometrics... Is there a cause to be worried
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinegar: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Princepoldi post=36281306][/quote]

There a problem o....you better find out what the agent did...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jejeman: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2015
Please I need help, I work with a Canadian firm but now they want to sell by month end,I want to go to Canada for studies after the sale.what are my chances of getting visa since I will not be working during the processing? Sponsor self
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Please does the unlimited night and weekend call plan apply to calls to Nigeria as well?
Nope, Canada-wide
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:49am On Jul 26, 2015
Okay, so which network favours calls to Africa? Lebara-type of network for Canada.
IyaEjima:

Nope, Canada-wide
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Okay, so which network favours calls to Africa? Lebara-type of network for Canada.
Not sure of the answer to ur question as I don't knw the tariff plans for other networks.. My network (Fido) charges me 5cents per minute to naija, plus most long distance calls I make are made via Internet-based applications.. Hoping @Siga, @Onyeoma3, @Pchax and others see this soon and respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Lovely3: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2015
Tanks 4 d reply house @myb012 nd @kennykentipsy i really appreciate... Wen are u guys going/resuming deir session?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:

No, it doesn't.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2015
IyaEjima:

Lol! Can't say anything about alcohol. Maybe d guys in d house will ASAP.
That was a joke tho.. but I still need help as to prohibited and acceptable list of food stuffs and toiletries, I don't want to be embarrassed or let someone destroy things I bought with money at the airport.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2015

I doubt he has submitted it because the biometrics request shouldn't take that long more so, I think you have at most a month after submission of your application to do your biometrics if you use the online route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 10:40am On Jul 26, 2015
I guess something went wrong. You need to worry . For online route Biometric request form is generated instantaneously. Check your spam box if you have not been deleting it. Your application has not been fully submitted until you do biometric.
You need to mount great pressured on your agent. He couldn't have submitted paper route without your knowledge and without your biometric.
May be agent must have used a wrong email. Check your CIC account a copy should be there. If demand proof of submission from your agent and fire CIC a mail if you are convinced.
You have delayed too long before asking for help. No time on your side. Keep the house updated. I hope you are not mixing biometric for medicals
Princepoldi:
Please house , I submitted my study application using an agent who told me he submitted my application on the 11th of June . Up till now I have not received an email for biometrics... Is there a cause to worry ?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by suxes2005(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2015
richcasey:

IELTS study material boss

Oshey baba!

Waiting for part 2 of the short film ooo

Hope you get a good news soon on your TRV

~ Sheyi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2015

Did you say worried? I really can't laugh.... my dear you need to be troubled self! These Agents sha.......well, if you apply through paper route, you should do your biometrics immediately, and if it's online route, you should get biometrics mail almost immediately too. So it's either your "agent" has done something else with your money? Or the Agent himself is as confused as you are. Tell you what? You don't really need an agent for this thing........

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 11:13am On Jul 26, 2015
Alright. The Internet apps are definitely the way forward. Thanks smiley
IyaEjima:

Not sure of the answer to ur question as I don't knw the tariff plans for other networks.. My network (Fido) charges me 5cents per minute to naija, plus most long distance calls I make are made via Internet-based applications.. Hoping @Siga, @Onyeoma3, @Pchax and others see this soon and respond.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Princepoldi: 11:13am On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=vinegar post=36281506]

Tanx . Please do they usually have a deadline for biometrics . according to my agent ... He said they sent me an email already for biometrics with a deadline on July 10th and I have missed that already . Can I still get it done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Princepoldi: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=GboyegaD post=36283765]

Thank u for your response GboyegaD . Just spoke with my agent and he admitted that I got a letter for biometrics since and should have done my biometrics before July 10th . please what can be done now as I have missed the July 10th date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2015
Get the so-called agent arrested. He's so shady!
@Princepoldi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Princepoldi: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks soji0509 . I just spoke with my agent and he admitted I got a letter for biometrics .. . My application was submitted online . He said the letter stated I should have done my biometrics before the 10th of July . Please do you have any idea what I can do now ?

soji0509:
I guess something went wrong. You need to worry . For online route Biometric request form is generated instantaneously. Check your spam box if you have not been deleting it. Your application has not been fully submitted until you do biometric.
You need to mount great pressured on your agent. He couldn't have submitted paper route without your knowledge and without your biometric.
May be agent must have used a wrong email. Check your CIC account a copy should be there. If demand proof of submission from your agent and fire CIC a mail if you are convinced.
You have delayed too long before asking for help. No time on your side. Keep the house updated. I hope you are not mixing biometric for medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Princepoldi: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thank you ayooluwatoni . Yes I now regret using an agent . I just spoke with the agent now and he is sorry for not letting me know I received a letter for my biometrics since and i should have done it before July 10th . Please do you have an idea of what can be done now...yes I am very troubled now

Note... It was an online application

ayooluwatoni:

Did you say worried? I really can't laugh.... my dear you need to be troubled self! These Agents sha.......well, if you apply through paper route, you should do your biometrics immediately, and if it's online route, you should get biometrics mail almost immediately too. So it's either your "agent" has done something else with your money? Or the Agent himself is as confused as you are. Tell you what? You don't really need an agent for this thing........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
Did I copy you clearly? June or July? Even if it's July...
I can smell dupe...
Locate him, play it cool and make sure you get your pound of flesh
Princepoldi:
Please house , I submitted my study application using an agent who told me he submitted my application on the 11th of June . Up till now I have not received an email for biometrics... Is there a cause to worry ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.