Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077143 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
rolandy22:

thanks, am i to fill all the form

Yes you are to fill all the forms

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by olageeee(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2015
hello house,

I did boimetrics on friday,and received a mail frm Cic on instructions on how to track my application,

I tried that this morning but its saying no details found matching the following input ...

*my question is...is it that my application has not key in into dre system or its too early to start tracking it....I would need ur advice on this house..thanks si u would know what the issue is
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dgman11234: 8:50am On Jul 27, 2015
Anybody going to Uni of Ottawa? How long does it take to make admission decision? How much tuition is required to be paid when admitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 8:59am On Jul 27, 2015
Madam, anything liquid is not allowed oooo. Even if u dont check it in and you put it in your back pack, the scanner will detect it, and since its alcohol, u wont be allowed to drink it before boarding. They will just seize d thing.

TheBae:
You can take it in, they might not notice but if they notice there just might be a little problem because I noticed that they didn't list the ingredients on the origin can or bottle. But they most likely won't notice anyway

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2015
Hello house, wre is d vac centre located in lag. Is it lekki or ikeja?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
olageeee:
hello house,

I did boimetrics on friday,and received a mail frm Cic on instructions on how to track my application,

I tried that this morning but its saying no details found matching the following input ...

*my question is...is it that my application has not key in into dre system or its too early to start tracking it....I would need ur advice on this house..thanks si u would know what the issue is

Wait a little bit, it takes time before they transfer your details from the VAC to their server.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2015
gabrola:
Hello house, wre is d vac centre located in lag. Is it lekki or ikeja?

Lekki, 3rd roundabout or so. 'Manor House'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by domex007: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2015
thesoj:
Having prior visa rejections doesn't doom your fate. You have as good a chance as most people on this forum to get a Canadian visa.

As per your uncle in the US being your sponsor, this shouldn't be an issue -- people on this thread have obtained a Canadian visa with US sponsors; the koko of the matter is that your sponsor has to prove to the officer that he will indeed sponsor you.

My guess is that with a US sponsor and given that he is your uncle not your parent or sibling, the burden of proof placed on the uncle is higher. So it would be convincing, for instance, if the sponsor explains in a notarized letter and/or affidavit why he is sponsoring you. It also would be convincing if your uncle pays for at least one semester but preferably one year of tuition to prove his commitment to fund you. You would attach the funds transfer receipt (in addition to the payment receipt from the school) to show that it was your uncle that made the payment.

You would also submit originals and bank certified copies of the uncle's bank statements. Your uncle additionally needs to show that he has full access to the company funds, which means he has to prove that he is the sole owner of the company. If the ownership is a partnership then he would need a letter from either the board of the company or all partners stating that the company funds can be used for your sponsorship. Basically you want to eliminate any ambiguity about this, the presence of which could jeopardize the VO's opinion. To avoid this complexity, he could just provide his own personal bank statements, assuming there's enough money in there.

Also, I hope you've been keeping yourself busy since you finished secondary school in 2012. You would need to enter into the application form what you have been doing since then. Cheers.

thank you bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by domex007: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2015
TheBae:
So was it this same company account that you used to apply to the US embassy?

yes bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2015
Hello guys,
My application route was online.
I did an upfront medical on June 8, hospital confirmed submission on June 10.
Biometrics on June 15
Medical mail July 22
Confirmation of medical mail(with upfront slip and CIC medical form attached)
sent by me to CIC as directed by the clinic on July 22 night.

***Till now, no medical update from CIC.
Pls, who else has been/is in this situation?
I'm more anxious now than I was for 5weeks waiting for my app to get to this stage.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by olageeee(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2015
from either CMS or Obalende. Drop at Ikate roundabout. It is the 3rd roundabout if you start counting from the Tollgate. After you drop from the bus, cross carefully to the GTB decorated gate and enter the Ikate road. Look for a building called Manor House, it is on the left of the street.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 10:04am On Jul 27, 2015
eetti:

Lekki, 3rd roundabout or so. 'Manor House'
chai!! Dem don park comot oregun? shocked wahala dey o cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 10:11am On Jul 27, 2015
olageeee:
from either CMS or Obalende. Drop at Ikate
roundabout. It is the 3rd roundabout if you start
counting from the Tollgate. After you drop from
the bus, cross carefully to the GTB decorated
gate and enter the Ikate road. Look for a
building called Manor House, it is on the left of
the street.
thanks so much! How do I get dre from iyana ipaja
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2015
gabrola:
helicopter.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2015
ferdimako:

helicopter.
From iyana ipaja, board Oshodi under bridge, from there you can ask anybody where to to BRT going to Ajah (#250) ticket and drop at ikate third round about... carefully cross to the other side and ask anybody that you are going to Manor Hall... the road is the most busy road in that area.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2015
gabrola:

From iyana ipaja, board Oshodi under bridge, from there you can ask anybody where to to BRT going to Ajah (#250) ticket and drop at ikate third round about... carefully cross to the other side and ask anybody that you are going to Manor Hall... the road is the most busy road in that area.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2015
New week. May this week be filled with good news!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2015
GboyegaD:

Mine does perfectly. Here is my account balance since January.
amazing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2015
Not even a bottle of water was allowed the last time I traveled . My peak milk got seized etc
Team12:
Madam, anything liquid is not allowed oooo. Even if u dont check it in and you put it in your back pack, the scanner will detect it, and since its alcohol, u wont be allowed to drink it before boarding. They will just seize d thing.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2015
ferdimako:

helicopter.
grin grin if no be say I dey fast I 4 knack u oruka

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2015
senarthor:

thanks oga mi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:26am On Jul 27, 2015
forelite:
ANYONE IN THE HOUSE GOING TO DURHAM COLLEGE (FALL, 2015) ?

I have a friend he's going to Durham college Oshawa he has his trv already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2015
Now is the right time to start very seriously. These things have hidden delays which are beyond your control.
Go get your transcript from your school 1st, then you will understand what I mean.
Make sure you pay for a personal copy with which you can process admission into any school after the 1st application in the interim. As from today come here regularly and read back. Things are getting more difficult with passing days, the earlier the better for you to apply to schools(more than 1 school so u can choose the best option later)
No amount is too much from your sponsors. So try your very best. You may even consider 2 co-sponsors in addition to your Dad or main sponsor.
So set-forth at dawn for the required sponsorship documents with which to package your application. Best wishes
Godymn:

Just trying to plan ahead and arrange myself. Plan on applying next year for Fall 2016 by God's grace.
If i eventually get one, like how much should the co-sponsor state that would make sense with what my dad has?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2015
senarthor:

You are free to get a one way ticket as a student or Permanent Resident and expecially when your visa is like one year valid..... I work with travel agency and am talking with experience.....so go and get your one way ticket if you have gotten your TRV...

but wen I was about booking with wakanow the customer care rep was like I should get a return ticket though I ended up booking oneway it had since left me bothered
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2015
hello all,
Ok....so after weeks of suffering emotional and nervous breakdown from the delay by cic am glad to say I am back....
So I need the house to help me out on the issues raise....
1st is the travel history! How do I tackle this for my next refire....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
The available fund is small but Always try your very best in any circumstance. Its NOT a crime to do so.
Thereafter support your effort with prayers. HE can perfect you applications in the eye of the V.O.
The only thing at stake is your application fee . So try your luck. In the past with something lower, guys got TRV.
The window for the search for a sponsor should not be closed until the very moment you submit. HE is able.
[quote author=Godymn post=36302135][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
GboyegaD:

Mine does perfectly. Here is my account balance since January.
Unbelievable.... Wow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
2grozz:
hello all,
Ok....so after weeks of suffering emotional and nervous breakdown from the delay by cic am glad to say I am back....
So I need the house to help me out on the issues raise....
1st is the travel history! How do I tackle this for my next refire....
you need to calm down bruv and pull yourself from the brink of total emotional and nervous breakdown, a refusal is not the end of the world. there is little or nothing you can do about travel history as you cannot claim a destination you have not been to, even peeps with travel history still get refused with travel history as one of the reasons which makes you wonder what the VO's are doing, likewise peeps who have never been out of nigeria on brand new passports get approved even without travel history. When your purpose of visit + finances + home ties are not convincing be rest assured travel history will most likely be an added bonus refusal reason more like if you get 1 or more refusal reasons you get travel history for free. Sort out the other reasons for refusal and watch the VO approve your application even without the so called travel history.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
SAD ! Very very sad.
The quark called agent should know what to do now !!
Without wasting time, he need to apply for your afresh at his own expense. You need to do upfront Medicals plus tones prayer prayers for Divine favour like the Kind of Team 12.
I doubt if any other options will NOT amount to a more waste of time.
Ensure that you get the full access to your CIC and confirm your email address before submission.
Honestly speaking, I doubt your agent submitted anything. Else you should have gotten a mail in your inbox on biometric request in addition to a copy that would be in your CIC account.
The fault however is your ONLY. or You mean you can not scan your doc ? Have NO internet to upload your docs yourself? More so with the awesome support freely available here !!
Remember, NO agent can influence the outcome of your TRV application.
No agent also like you as much as your like yourself. Would you have forgotten if u had done it yourself ??
Sorry, I only felt I should be brutally frank here. No offense is intended and forgive if I have offended you. Cheers
Princepoldi:
@hayqinbFx my agent submitted online. I just spoke to my agent and he is sorry for not informing me about my biometric dead line date which is July 10th . Please do you have any idea what I can do now having missed the July 10th deadline ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
gabrola:
grin grin if no be say I dey fast I 4 knack u oruka
u too dey ask questions wey u sabi the answers...u can read up abi.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
Thank you very much @ teesboy...
So that leaves me with these.....
*purpose of visit
* length of proposed stay in canada
*family ties in canada and place of residence
Which I find rather laughable cos my admissions letter to go for a pgd program.... evidence of payment for full tuition etc was attached to the application.
I ve been trying to wrap my head around what the vo was thinking......but keep hitting a brick wall...
House pls help out....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
kennykentipsy:

but wen I was about booking with wakanow the customer care rep was like I should get a return ticket though I ended up booking oneway it had since left me bothered

Don't mind them, all this is just a way of making money for the airline.... If you are going for a program that is less than a year in duration, please book a return ticket but if you are going for a program that is one year or above in duration, go ahead and get a one leg ticket because every return ticket valid for a year and it also depends on the rules attached to the class and fare..... don't be bothered, nobody will challenge you at the boarding pass desk if you are holding student visa for 1 year....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.