Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1081938 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Taike: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
Please who is/knows anyone going to utsc or centennial college? I'm in search of a roommate.

2grozz! Good to have you back. What course did you study for UG? Is it related to ur PG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
gabrola:
grin grin if no be say I dey fast I 4 knack u oruka

shawwal ?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
Is it true that IOM hospital do upload your medical results instantly or is just like others who give between 24 to 48hours?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
senarthor:

Don't mind them, all this is just a way of making money for the airline.... If you are going for a program that is less than a year in duration, please book a return ticket but if you are going for a program that is one year or above in duration, go ahead and get a one leg ticket because every return ticket valid for a year and it also depends on the rules attached to the class and fare..... don't be bothered, nobody will challenge you at the boarding pass desk if you are holding student visa for 1 year....

8months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
Taike......paddy mi!!!!
Thank you...
Hope say u don pack finish oh
Chio.....u r going to have a white Christmas sha

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
2grozz:
Thank you very much @ teesboy...
So that leaves me with these.....
*purpose of visit
* length of proposed stay in canada
*family ties in canada and place of residence
Which I find rather laughable cos my admissions letter to go for a pgd program.... evidence of payment for full tuition etc was attached to the application.
I ve been trying to wrap my head around what the vo was thinking......but keep hitting a brick wall...
House pls help out....

Onyeka is this you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
senarthor:

Don't mind them, all this is just a way of making money for the airline.... If you are going for a program that is less than a year in duration, please book a return ticket but if you are going for a program that is one year or above in duration, go ahead and get a one leg ticket because every return ticket valid for a year and it also depends on the rules attached to the class and fare..... don't be bothered, nobody will challenge you at the boarding pass desk if you are holding student visa for 1 year....

Some return tickets are cheaper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
kennykentipsy:

8months

You will need a return ticket to be on a saver side and to avoid unnecessary delay at the airport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
senarthor:
Is it true that IOM hospital do upload your medical results instantly or is just like others who give between 24 to 48hours?

the Dr told me they upload immediately when I did my medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
senarthor:

You will need a return ticket to be on a saver side and to avoid unnecessary delay at the airport.

..on the safe side bro...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
eetti:

Onyeka is this you?

No.....its not
Bur is it only onyeka u wee answer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
2grozz:

No.....its not
Bur is it only onyeka u wee answer?

Well he was refused based on the same issue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
kennykentipsy:

the Dr told me they upload immediately when I did my medicals

That is after they gather all the results together..... Did you get any mail instantly in respect to what they told or is just Abugabuga?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
eetti:

Well he was refused based on the same issue

Ok....
Was there a disparity between his ug and what he intended studying in canny?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yyyaaaayy...ME.. >: grin
Taike:
Please who is/knows anyone going to utsc or centennial college? I'm in search of a roommate.

2grozz! Good to have you back. What course did you study for UG? Is it related to ur PG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
ferdimako:

Lol cheesy I thought you've stopped cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
2grozz:

Ok....
Was there a disparity between his ug and what he intended studying in canny?

Probably
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
2grozz:
Thank you very much @ teesboy...
So that leaves me with these.....
*purpose of visit
* length of proposed stay in canada
*family ties in canada and place of residence
Which I find rather laughable cos my admissions letter to go for a pgd program.... evidence of payment for full tuition etc was attached to the application.
I ve been trying to wrap my head around what the vo was thinking......but keep hitting a brick wall...
House pls help out....
Purpose of Visit + Length of Stay
Yes you made payment of tuition but that is not a guarantee of approval, moreso when the payment is for a program which the VO thinks does not represent academic progression or closely related to your UG program. In your case your PG program at least shows progression but how well your UG program relates to your PG program in the eyes of the VO is the issue, that's what they assess first and not if you have paid quarter or half or full tuition, tuition payment becomes relevant when VO is doing financial assessment after you have met purpose of visit assessment. I would always advise peeps pick a 8month to 1 year PG program after your BSc if you cannot get admitted for a Masters program. I am not saying peeps don't get approved for 2year Diploma or Advanced Diploma after BSc but for higher chances of success and not refusal for purpose of visit + length of stay and lesser financial pressure on the bank statement that's why i suggest PG or Masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jesscaxt(f): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Crich:
Hello guys,
My application route was online.
I did an upfront medical on June 8, hospital confirmed submission on June 10.
Biometrics on June 15
Medical mail July 22
Confirmation of medical mail(with upfront slip and CIC medical form attached)
sent by me to CIC as directed by the clinic on July 22 night.

***Till now, no medical update from CIC.
Pls, who else has been/is in this situation?
I'm more anxious now than I was for 5weeks waiting for my app to get to this stage.
Thanks

Hi, I also went the online route, submitted 28th got biometric request the next day and had it done by 30th.
Now, my question is this, can u Pls explain the upfront medical part. Did u go ahead with the medicals without getting a request to do so? I didn't know that was possible. Hope I'm not dulling here waiting for a mail requesting for medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Of course he can't board with it. I'm sure he knows that. We're talking about taking it with him to Canada as part of "provisions" in his luggage. CHECKED-IN ohh.

Team12:
Madam, anything liquid is not allowed oooo. Even if u dont check it in and you put it in your back pack, the scanner will detect it, and since its alcohol, u wont be allowed to drink it before boarding. They will just seize d thing.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
Liquid is obviously not allowed on board na. You have to check it in.
soji0509:
Not even a bottle of water was allowed the last time I travelled . My peak milk got seized etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Taike: 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
@@HayqinsBFX Lol! But you're going to Seneca naa!

In other news, I was actually able to take palm oil last year to the US.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
Godymn:

Ok, i get your point. Give them what you have + evidence. I will work on that as well.

Thanks man.

Between, what school, course and level are you heading for?

***Appreciate***

Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN), Economics, Masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
Upfront medicals is done before you submit your application
jesscaxt:

Hi, I also went the online route, submitted 28th got biometric request the next day and had it done by 30th.
Now, my question is this, can u Pls explain the upfront medical part. Did u go ahead with the medicals without getting a request to do so? I didn't know that was possible. Hope I'm not dulling here waiting for a mail requesting for medicals.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
TheBae:
I swear I saw this on travelstart and then it disappeared completely! Thank God you mentioned it, it's the best option for me coos I can quickly enter UK to shop! Went to Virgin office in Maryland but it's like they're no longer there. Which of these sites exactly did you book on?

Are you going to St John's too? The prices on travelstart are killing. Tried kayak.com too but not satisfied. Then I tried trip advisor, which directed me to priceline.com there I got the one for 280k. Momondos.com also directed me to flyfar.ca, which is the same too, just currency exchange rates, and I think I'll go with that of flyfar.ca, cos they charge in CAD, online priceline.com that charges in USD, cad is kinda cheaper......just being iJEBU!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
I hav centennial admission too naa
Wud do it for u
Taike:
@@HayqinsBFX Lol! But you're going to Seneca naa!

In other news, I was actually able to take palm oil last year to the US.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by godG: 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
ferdimako:

...on the safe side, bro...
Really, I respect ferdimako! He knows his onions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Lol okay, I've checked priceline and momondos. Makes sense.
I'm going to Halifax.
ayooluwatoni:

Are you going to St John's too? The prices on travelstart are killing. Tried kayak.com too but not satisfied. Then I tried trip advisor, which directed me to priceline.com there I got the one for 280k. Momondos.com also directed me to flyfar.ca, which is the same too, just currency exchange rates, and I think I'll go with that of flyfar.ca, cos they charge in CAD, online priceline.com that charges in USD, cad is kinda cheaper......just being iJEBU!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Jengbetiele: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
GboyegaD:

You could transfer it to your folks and get them fill the form and initiate the transfer on your behalf.
boss the wahala be say.....i no collect token before leaving naija. my bank dey waste my time so i vex commot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
teesboy:

Very well then....
What about the family ties thingy...
So what do u advise.......
Looking at the whole picture?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
jesscaxt:

Upfront medical means you go for medical before submitting your application. You will be given a slip at d clinic to upload when submitting.
Since, you have already applied, you can't go for upfront anymore. Just wait till your app is processed and CIC sends you a mail for your medical to be done and sent to them.
No need to worry. You have done the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
eetti:

Lekki, 3rd roundabout or so. 'Manor House'

Ikate bus stop, 3rd Roundabout

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.