Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076476 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yetunde84: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
berexio1:
How much did u av in ur statement?

I dint pay tution cos I got funding, I ad close 2 a million
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
yetunde84:

I dint pay tution cos I got funding, I ad close 2 a million
how much funding did u av? I can see we have a similar case of same amount on SOA, and we got personal asset n financial status ticked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yetunde84: 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
berexio1:
how much funding did u av? I can see we have a similar case of same amount on SOA, and we got personal asset n financial status ticked

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
lexyj123:
hello house, i opened dt envelope with laughter and my refusal notice laughed at me in return. tho i prayed , hope for d best and prepared for worse at d same time. a victim of july 3rd medical call.

Reasons: Travel history
purpose of visit
personal asset
its well.
bro.. It is well in Jesus name.. And Please which one is travel history again Is it a must person must travel before, before him go go Canada? Cause person like me na virgin passport i get o! No travel history ooooo! May God mercy be upon us all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
yetunde84:

lemme assume ur figure is in canadian dollars..is it a one-time grant or yearly?wats d duration of ur programme?

**Wondering y I am asking questions like Haquinbfx??****
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Maybe u sud use ur uncle alone in ur next app...

I'm relating this recent denials after medicals to sponsors....most haave had one or more sponsors that ain't their parents....

The oga at the top might just be reassessing the Financials.....
yetunde84:

Yeah, I did. My Uncle and a cousin dat I av been staying with, I think d mistake I made was to include myself as a co-sponsor...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lol! Had to check your moniker again to be sure
berexio1:
lemme assume ur figure is in canadian dollars..is it a one-time grant or yearly?wats d duration of ur programme?

**Wondering y I am asking questions like Haquinbfx??****

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by skymorbabs: 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
Plxxx can som1 assist me on how to apply for HUMBER degree admission. I had national diploma in computer science and willing to apply for degree in digital communication dis winter 2016. Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Maybe u sud use ur uncle alone in ur next app...

I'm relating this recent denials after medicals to sponsors....most haave had one or more sponsors that ain't their parents....

The oga at the top might just be reassessing the Financials.....
If dey av issue with sponsors or they feel the sponsor's financials is not adequate. I believe they have a box to tick for that..Am I the only one that sees 'Personal' assets and financial stat? Shudnt it point to the individual?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
TheBae:
Lol! Had to check your moniker again to be sure
Lol...I guess his questioning skills is taking a rub off on me..hahahahaha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Good pm house.
I discovered people are no more posting their transcripts, either granted or refused for others to learn from! Please let's endeavour to do so... #Godwin...

Secondly, I would appreciate if anybody know any successful applicant of SOWP, and is it advisable to apply for it-myself as case study.
Spouse - Visa granted. Won't it look as desperate attempt, moving from Study permit to SOWP application.
@Team12 and house... Kindly advice.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by onyemamuoc(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
Shegzy2912:
bro me too o.. I will apply to the school too o.. Have searched the school on Google and I discovered that their tuition fee is very ok.. Which Semester are you resuming?

-lmao..it's cheap bah? grin when you been dey tell me of ogbonge c$16000 shocked as tuition.

-my session is January 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
In some cases dey do....like crich...
berexio1:
If dey av issue with sponsors or they feel the sponsor's financials is not adequate. I believe they have a box to tick for that..Am I the only one that sees 'Personal' assets and financial stat? Shudnt it point to the individual?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by myb012: 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

Please is there anyone in the house coming to Saskatchewan, Alberta or Manitoba this fall? If any please PM me. Thanks.

I m going to manitoba this fall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
funmi14:
Good pm house.
I discovered people are no more posting their transcripts, either granted or refused for others to learn from! Please let's endeavour to do so... #Godwin...

Secondly, I would appreciate if anybody know any successful applicant of SOWP, and is it advisable to apply for it-myself as case study.
Spouse - Visa granted. Won't it look as desperate attempt, moving from Study permit to SOWP application.
@Team12 and house... Kindly advice.
Thanks.
Yes to ur first question, met ppl with successful SOWP apps in ON. Met a new one ystday sef who's is a Yoruba chic, spouse just finished a 1yr PGD Prog.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chumsyzynny(f): 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
IyaEjima:

Yes to ur first question, met ppl with successful SOWP apps in ON. Met a new one ystday sef who's is a Yoruba chic, spouse just finished a 1yr PGD Prog.

Iya Ejima, please can you get her list of documents, how long it took, etc. been wondering if this trend is just for study permits. Team 12 once mentioned it but she didn't dwell much on it. I'm interested in it too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by criousblack: 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
slimmy2000:
Glory be to God! Passport collected, Application approved. I am most grateful , Lord.

online application submitted - May 27th
biometric - May 28th
medical request - July 16th
medical done - July 20th
medical passed - July 23rd
request for passport - July 24th
passport submitted - July 27th
Application approved - July 28th
passport collected - July 30th

I pray for good news and testimonies for other TRV awaitees in Jesus name.

Did you get your POE letter of intoduction on your CIC account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
IyaEjima:

Thanks @IyaEjima.
Pls I will appreciate if you can dwell more on this per documents needed etc. And if u can connect me with that successful applicant.
Greetings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by criousblack: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
topebamidele:
Hello House, Thank you for your wonderful support on here, although I'm more like a silent follower, I've asked questions a couple of times and got very useful answers. Here is the time frame of my application and docs submitted as I earlier promised.

PGD Social Work - MRU

Upfront Medicals - June 2
Online Application - June 3
Biometric - June 4
Medical Updated to Pass - July 22
Passport Request - July 23
Passport Submitted - July 24
Approval message from CIC - July 28

Docs Submitted:

Application Form, Family info form, Schedule 1 form (for previous travels, UK and Australia)
Admission offer letter
Bsc Certificate
Proof of tuition payment for first year and accommodation payment first year
Sponsor's statement of account (My Dad - $46k dorm account)
Visa pages on previous passport
E-medical receipt
Nysc Certificate
No SOP, I wasn't motivated to write one.

I would like to please know how long it will take for passport to be ready for pick from Cvac, and how long it takes to send the POE letter after approval update on CIC account. Thanks to everyone, and I wish all those still waiting for positive response God's very best and favor.

Did you get your POE letter of introduction on your cic account or it came with the processed passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by walofy88: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
GboyegaD:

I withdrew cash from an ATM with my GTBANK MasterCard on Sunday. The exchange rate was $155.04 /$1.

Seriously. Coz gtbank have been scamming me 176-180. I'll try it out today
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
walofy88:

Seriously. Coz gtbank have been scamming me 176-180. I'll try it out today

Dead serious!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by walofy88: 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
GboyegaD:

Dead serious!

Yeah I'm. I'll try it this evening.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
Omonjoe:
Thanks bro.....I prefer the online route.....I want to keep track of my app

I think it is easier and less cumbersoe document wise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
I don't mean to sound critical, but I was thinking that if you apply again, you should consider boosting your sponsor's SOA balance and/or include the SOA of your co-sponsors in the US. From the URegina website, the annual tuition for your program is $26,135CAD; assuming $14,000CAD for total living expenses, this sums up to ~$40,000CAD which is N6.13m. Your sponsor's SOA is basically this exact amount, plus an additional $7k -- I suspect that the VO had issues with this, as I would if I were the VO.

E go beta. undecided

Crich:
Hello guys.
Insufficient funds, travel history, personal asset, and family ties in Canada n Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Damolaay(m): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Morning house, pls I have an OND in computer engineering, Is it advisable to apply for a diploma course again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
Morale just low for here! The thing is, these people can only try, they cannot stop whatever plan God has for us. So I'm just gonna encourage the people that got delayed not to be discouraged. It's okay if you take a little time out, just to think and re-strategize, but please don't give up; there's a way nature payback those who don't give up. For the TRV hopefuls (the category to which I belong), pls let's put our trust in God, while we prepare for the worse, not because we don't have faith, but because our requests may not always be granted (that is why it is a request and not a command). Lastly for those that are yet to submit their applications, please don't panic, don't be discouraged, just learn from some of these mistakes, and plan to give it one nice shot, as if it's actually gonna be your last shot!
May God in His infinite mercy grant our heart desires......
Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
Damolaay:
Morning house, pls I have an OND in computer engineering, Is it advisable to apply for a diploma course again?
Why not just apply for UG? What do you think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
For giving Glory to God it's gonna be fine in the end. I think the main reasoons are this 2, Insufficient fund and family ties in Nigeria if you want to refire I would advise you work on those two. Better still EE is there
Crich:
Hello guys.
Glory to God. I was delayed yesterday based on four reasons:
Insufficient funds, travel history, personal asset, and family ties in Canada n Nigeria.

Truth be told, this CIC style of processing applications for months is the worst ever. They need to review it. Na their mate be USCIS.

So, after rejoicing with you guys and my family for 1 weeks, I received a shocker. Lol! I'm still trying to recuperate. This is a very bad feeling.
All guys expecting TRV, my candid advise, to avoid hypertension, kindly prepare for the worst.
If you have been called for medical, pls, know that that DOESN'T guarantee a TRV.
This is my story.

Chai! So, you guys will be consoling me now. Hahahahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 11:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
Reading about these post-medicals refusals is enough to drop one's morale.
It seems the criteria for getting a study permit TRV has become a moving target that is moving faster than one can adjust to it.

Nerdy joke alert: It is the ultimate random variable with an unknown probability density function, haha.

Let's not give up sha. I suppose the best we can do is to make our applications as perfect as humanly possible, in order to reduce the probability of being delayed. I should also add that though morale is low, the community on this thread makes things easier.

ayooluwatoni:
Morale just low for here! The thing is, these people can only try, they cannot stop whatever plan God has for us. So I'm just gonna encourage the people that got delayed not to be discouraged. It's okay if you take a little time out, just to think and re-strategize, but please don't give up; there's a way nature payback those who don't give up. For the TRV hopefuls (the category to which I belong), pls let's put our trust in God, while we prepare for the worse, not because we don't have faith, but because our requests may not always be granted (that is why it is a request and not a command). Lastly for those that are yet to submit their applications, please don't panic, don't be discouraged, just learn from some of these mistakes, and plan to give it one nice shot, as if it's actually gonna be your last shot!
May God in His infinite mercy grant our heart desires......
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Lovely3: 12:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Thomby2k12:
I'm going to Brandon University for Masters. I've PM'd you!

kk. Gud 2 know some1 going 2 brandon uni. So hw far wit ur application. ...am going 4 my medicals on mon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 1:18am On Jul 31, 2015
how are yall doing here!.... which 1 of u is like me, siting with the laptop all day, staring at 'been processed at accra' nawa 4 cic oo

#God is in control sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 31, 2015
onyemamuoc:

-lmao..it's cheap bah? grin when you been dey tell me of ogbonge c$16000 shocked as tuition.

-my session is January 2016
lol.. Nice one. And have you applied for visa already? And please, I'll send u a PM, abeg PING me back grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.