Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076553 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jayooh: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
You can try out Lambton college, ontario
They do something in that line

seyilapy:
post graduate power system engineering, grad with a 2.2 and don't really have idea on a specific location just want somewhere cheap with less admission wahala and ok. Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
Gravvy so this is where you hide.
Bro, how are you

Lol. I'm fine. How you been?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
As some other people mentioned, I think your "insufficient funds" delay was due to the signature discrepancy in your sponsor documents. If I were the VO, the discrepancy would cast doubt on the sponsor documents. You should consider applying again after fixing these issues, and not repeating the same mistake.

funmi14:
Hummm... my brother, is more than 4m of a thing. Mine after medical stil insufficient fund with 33m sponsor acct closing balance, personal 2m fixed deposit, salary acct 1.1m, Dom. acct of around $5k+ et al (All to tackle previous reason of insufficient fund). Maybe they are expecting us to have 1Billion in our acct like Dangote son.
#CIC quagmire.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
soji0509:
Hmnn. What a way NOT to end a week for me. I had to double check on all your recent post to be double sure that I'm not mixing up anything.
Am speechless.
My consolation is that you are in GREAT spirit and on top of this ugly experience from CIC . .
Yes go express entry and further studies way. I guess they are not mutually exclusive but refire against January 2016 1st. Ofcourse after working on their concern. Update your school immediately , they may reserve a seat for you for that time if there will be admission then for your program.
TOFEL is NOT accepted In respect of Test of English. See below for more info:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
The trio of you ( Team12, Crich and tnuola) are just Awesome women here!. Great communication skill u all have.
May the LORD grant us all our heart desire as long as they will never harm us (amen)
Please Keep up the good spirit. Best wishes and be of good cheers.

thanks for the kind words.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
chops33:

Undergraduate...
Second UG though..
bro.. Pls can you help with the lists of documents you provided when you applied for ur trv, so I can prepare earnestly.. Biko
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by samade001: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
Applied paper route 22 May upfront medicals
Medicals 3 July
Documents received 31 July
I'll post my documents soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jayooh: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Oya answer me Shap Shap,
I msgd u too

MidnightinParis:

Eh eh...it is well oo grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
samade001:
Medicals 3 July

Congrats...wen was It u got ur approval mail or dispatches mail...(date).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dirotula(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
samade001:
Medicals 3 July

Congratulations...please did you get approval mail from CIC? Or just dispatched mail/ update from vfs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
samade001:
Medicals 3 July
Wow,congrats I was following U, and expecting a reply after U get urs....u got medical call 6th july nd I got mine 16th.thank God U dint post it sef,I Wld hv made me more worried grin God b praised
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ojekkk: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
as you said....since its just insufficient funds, its easy to tackle.
if only you were on the thread earlier after your first refusal you would have known the 4m wont be enough...
what prog are you going for......Uni or college?

Masters in Nursing - Thesis at the University of Saskatchewan.

I hope to reapply next week as my husband will beef up his account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Coongratulations.
I gues you got a mistake medical mail on the 3rd of july...is that waas u meant...

When did u get an approval mail or dispatch from vfs..?
samade001:
Medicals 3 July
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ojekkk: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
funmi14:
Pls which schl is that, Dalhousie? because I cant just start hunting for admission again... #DamnDiscouraging.

University of Saskatchewan,

Masters in Nursing - Thesis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
is it not possible to hv a peaceful online protest to cic tru e-mails, showing numerous dissatisfaction about the current "refusal afta medical" trend
they seem to deliberately made pple to patronize those hospitals, its not fair at all

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Becareful of reapplying next week with some amount of money added into it suddenly...

Besides it's not advisable to apply for september resumption anymore if you don't want to dash them application fee...

I'll advise you defer till january...
This will allow u pump the account with the amount of money over a period of months(saay 3 months)

Ojekkk:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Cherokee(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
lexyj123:
is it not possible to hv a peaceful online protest to cic tru e-mails, showing numerous dissatisfaction about the current "refusal afta medical" trend
they seem to deliberately made pple to patronize those hospitals, its not fair at all

Seconded, I strongly believe it was a deliberate act.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
With the recent "recent" refusal after medicals....i don't want to imagine what dirotula, thomby2k12 and co would have at the back of their minds as monday approaches.

I'll like you guys to keep calm and draw strength of crich words.
Worrying or thinking won't change the outcome of what's in d passport.

I'm very positive that you guys got your visas though....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BluntlyMe: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hello
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
This won't live to see the light of the day...

No be you 1 go dier country....

They don't live by your rules.....
lexyj123:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Graviton2:
Canada and the United States do not share data on applicants, bro.
How do you know this? Perhaps they don't share applicant visa application data, but I wouldn't be surprised if they shared data on which individuals they have banned from their countries (what I suspect). Do you think they would announce to the whole world that they share data on who is banned from each other's country? This is the age of Edward Snowden; we know for certain that governments lie all the time. In any case, my assertion in my initial post assumes that if you were banned from Canada, you would be obliged to state it on your visa application to any other country, in which case you likely wouldn't be allowed into those other countries as well.

Graviton2:

It has been established by both individual embassies that no information given by applicants will be shared with a third party without the applicants' consent.

In addition, both countries are sovereign states so such information is rarely shared except in the case of a possible threat...

I am not a fan of blanket assertions like the boldened. Being sovereign states does not stop any country(ies) from sharing data that they collectively deem beneficial. Canada and US are neighbors, and I would not be surprised if they shared data on which applicant has been banned from either country, at least for national security or even economic protectionist reasons and more. Also, don't forget that Nigeria is now in the category of countries that are associated with terror threats (thanks to Boko Haram), so I would make the safe assumption that ban data on Nigeria applicants in the US *may* be shared with their counterparts.

Graviton2:
... It is indeed ridiculous that anyone would believe info is shared between the two embassies. It doesn't even sound right.
Next time, please read before you make assertions -- in the initial post you are referring to, I never wrote that info is shared between embassies. I assume that you are obliged to mention a Canada ban in any future visa applications to any other country, in which case you likely wouldn't be granted a visa during the term of said ban. (Edited: I just realized that I indeed wrote that these countries share ban info with each other. I clarify that I don't know if they share such info, but to be on the safe side it is better to assume they at least share info on banned applicants. It is highly likely that Canada and US share info on banned applicant names [not all applicant data])

Shegzy2912:
bros please explain more. What do you mean by they don't share data on applicants?? And do they really verify docs??
I think you need to stop being preoccupied with how you can scheme the Canadian embassy with falsified documents.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ojekkk: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Becareful of reapplying next week with some amount of money added into it suddenly...
Besides it's not advisable to apply for september resumption anymore if you don't want to dash them application fee...
This will allow u pump the account with the amount of money over a period of months(saay 3 months)
hayqinsbFX:

My program starts only in September. I deferred last year cos I had a new baby. I cannot defer more than once - this is school policy. So what do I do. Forget the Program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
I strongly advise agaisnt any peace ful protest what so ever, especially when you app is still with them, hmm, visa issuance is a priviledge not a right..! Keep calm my brother, God Is In Control
lexyj123:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Forget it and get a new admission!...
Except you can get a months grace ffrom your university to resume late...and a letter to ascertain that...

Buh u still need time to sort your finances..

If u can get a co sponsor of same amount wud be okay
Ojekkk:

My program starts only in September. I deferred last year cos I had a new baby. I cannot defer more than once - this is school policy. So what do I do. Forget the Program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MidnightinParis: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
jayooh:
Hello
Please, could you help with tips on getting academic supervisor at manitoba? I need one seriously.
Thanks

Lol.

Well, I didn't secure a supervisor before I got my admission (even till now), as it is not necessary in my department.

Email the graduate chair in your intended department to be sure you need a supervisor. But if you'd done this already and it's affirmative, there are steps once listed on this thread on effective ways to get one. Try searching pls. These I can remember:

Search for lecturers that you have interest in their research areas in your intended department.

Research on the few lecturers you pick to have a background knowledge of their work and interests and where yours coincide with theirs. Then, mail them. You fit attach your CV sef. grin

If after sending mails, they don't respond. Try calling! Yes, try calling them. Ensure you call them at the 'right time' oh: take note of time differences.

Best wishes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dirotula(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
With the recent "recent" refusal after medicals....i don't want to imagine what dirotula, thomby2k12 and co would have at the back of their minds as monday approaches.

I'll like you guys to keep calm and draw strength of crich words.
Worrying or thinking won't change the outcome of what's in d passport.

I'm very positive that you guys got your visas though....

Thanks bro...that's the way to go...I'm prepared for the worst though...and like you mentioned..worrying won't and can't change anything...so no matter what the outcome is..we should still thank God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BeulahHephziba: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ojekkk:

I would like to add a little suggestion to what Hayqins BFX said. Pay all the fees you have in your acceptance letter. Transfer the money as soon as you can. Note also that, latest time for fall application is by August 1. Think about it, I saw this on CIC web. If your husband could have like 6M, is fine with payment into your school account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
This won't live to see the light of the day...

No be you 1 go dier country....

They don't live by your rules.....

If they dont live by your rules they will not open a consular office in Nigeria where billions of dollars stream into their economy.

Its called symbiosis. You need me and I need you. Canada needs the cash, Its your country. You have the voice, if there is a protest on this issue, a real protest, the embassy will look into it.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by criousblack: 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
CoCoLav:

I applied online and got my POE intro letter after my application was closed.

Like how many days after the application was closed did you get the POE intro letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
siri1:
Congrats. Bienvenue à Montréal
merci
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
ok.. thanks
wealthyexcel:

Hello Dahjor, I asked yesterday at Fidelity Bank and they said their charge is NGN240.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hello everyone, I just saw this info on cic website that student visa takes 51 weeks. Is this true or a typo error. Thank you.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
No, I'm even yet to get it. My cousin said its nothing to worry about though, I hope that's true,.
criousblack:

Did you get your POE letter of intoduction on your CIC account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.