Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,915 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074503 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
oppytexu:
Hello house! I have been a silent follow of this great Trend for awhile... Submitted my first application on 25th June in lagos, I got a mail today that the application has been sent back to lagos without medical mail, we all know what that means. My question now is I plan to refire for January 2016 but my course isn't available at my school for January intake. I plan to apply to another school same mechanical engineering related course. Does that have any implication on my recent application? And also a one year fast track course instead of long 3years diploma. Please I need response house. Thanks
New applications are treated as new! You can apply to another school, it doesn't mean a thing! But pls evaluate the reasons for ur refusal well....if possible let us know ur profile, perhaps the elders can help u....while we younger folks say little we know, to avoid another refusal!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oppytexu: 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

New applications are treated as new! You can apply to another school, it doesn't mean a thing! But pls evaluate the reasons for ur refusal well....if possible let us know ur profile, perhaps the elders can help u....while we younger folks say little we know, to avoid another refusal!

Thanks so much ... I will state the reason once I get the package from vfs office.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
Make sure your new admission is for a PGD or Graduate Certificate (assuming you are a BSc holder in a similar course). Using a diploma or advanced diploma admission for TRV application is risky, regardless of if it is a fast-track or accelerated program; this is because these two diplomas are considered lower than a bachelor's degree, and it seems some VOs are lazy to sieve through the nuances of accelerated/fastrack programs.
oppytexu:
Hello house! I have been a silent follow of this great Trend for awhile... Submitted my first application on 25th June in lagos, I got a mail today that the application has been sent back to lagos without medical mail, we all know what that means. My question now is I plan to refire for January 2016 but my course isn't available at my school for January intake. I plan to apply to another school same mechanical engineering related course. Does that have any implication on my recent application? And also a one year fast track course instead of long 3years diploma. Please I need response house. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 11:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
@ayooluwatoni, could you share with the house your analysis of why your previous app was delayed? You had mentioned that it was for "insufficient funds", and from your previous comments I'm presuming you used a third-country sponsor. Could you share with us what exactly you think is the culprit for the delay? Do you think it is only because your sponsor is in a third-country? How much was your sponsor's account balances? What sponsor documents did you use? Were they all originals? Did the sponsor write and notarize his/her sponsor letter? What is your relationship with the sponsor? Also, could you list all the documents you submitted so we can all learn? Pardon the long list of questions grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sarilo4lif: 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
god day every one,
was trying to pay for the visa application online with UBA MAster Card but its saying unsuccesful.
please anyone in the family kindly help as its delaying d application process for me.
if you know which card pays better or anyother way to go about it
thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
thesoj:
@ayooluwatoni, could you share with the house your analysis of why your previous app was delayed? You had mentioned that it was for "insufficient funds", and from your previous comments I'm presuming you used a third-country sponsor. Could you share with us what exactly you think is the culprit for the delay? Do you think it is only because your sponsor is in a third-country? How much was your sponsor's account balances? What sponsor documents did you use? Were they all originals? Did the sponsor write and notarize his/her sponsor letter? What is your relationship with the sponsor? Also, sould you list all the documents you submitted so we can all learn? Pardon the long list of questions grin
My refusal was entirely my fault o. I underestimated the VOs and they cleared my doubt! My sponsor's balance dropped to about 1.5M at the time I was to submit the application, but didn't know Canada embassy takes SoA balances seriously (I joined this thread after I got my medical exam mail). US embassy didn't even ask for my SoA, yet I was granted Visa, didn't have so much when I applied for UK visa too....yet it was granted...... so I didn't really take it serious when the balance dropped, it was when I started coming here I knew I was in big mess......
I didn't use an offshore account statement because I was advised against it......and my sponsor didn't notarize any document neither did I go with affidavit (really dont believe in them......but it's cool for anyone that believes in it). Submitted just the original statement of account and sponsorship letter. The VO only ticked "insufficient fund to pay for intended program without working in canada" for me, and that's obviously because of the balance and nothing more! I hope I answered your questions?
I really may not remember all the doc I submitted but lemme start by listing the ones I remember:

1. Application forms (family info, trv, study permit and study permit questionnaire)
2. My Birth certificate, LG identification certificate, NIMC slip, CV
3. First degree certificate, notarized statement of result (I no longer av the original), notarized transcript, certificates from previous conferences I've attended
4. Admission letters (Masters +Undergraduate, cos of my prerequisites)
5. Sponsor's SoA + sponsorship letter
6. Estimated cost of study (in tabular form)
7. Minimum expense form (like a budget guide) provided by the school
8. University Calender for the session and also my lecture time table for fall semester
9. Photocopy of nysc id card, call up letter, posting letter and letter of intro from my ppa
10. Some relevant Email conversations btw the institution's staff and myself.

I think that's all I can remember now....oh and my passport!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
thesoj:
Continuation of the previous post:
Sponsor finances were about the same in both applications, the major difference was that in the second application $40k CAD was transferred to university student account of applicant, Affidavit of Support was notarized, bank statements used were originals, applicant included her own financial documents, and a one-page Letter of Clarification summarizing the finances was included. Note that the Letter of Clarification had a section titled "Reasons for Prior Refusal" and another titled "Substantive Changes in This Application".

Also, in the second application, for total "Funds Available For Your Stay" we stated $88k CAD (36k+36k+N2.5m), while in the first app we had stated $36k. The $88k CAD is a total of the sponsor's promised funds for two years, plus the applicant's own total finances.
Nawaooo,this is too much, in the name of canadian visa.
Chai, money good oooo.
Well, God knows best, its just that God said its time to be granted the visa.
I believe that canadian visa is not by document, but by favor.
Amefrica got granted with just 100 dollars tution fee deposit during his second application.
All visa I got has no deposit,I applied with only acceptance letter.
Glory be to God.
May help those awaiting CIC and grant them their heart desire.
Amin.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 12:17am On Aug 18, 2015
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now.
Lol @ the bolded. I don't believe in affidavits either, but I think they have more value if the sponsor is not a direct family member or if sponsor is in a third country where affidavits can be enforced. Affidavits in Naija are probably mostly unenforceable (thanks to our weak legal system) and the VOs most likely know it is pretty much just a formality. Also, someone in one of the previous pages of the thread said he notarized a sponsorship document his uncle had created and then signed it on behalf of his uncle... this in my mind makes a joke of the purpose of notarization (no offense intended to the person who wrote this).

Your reapplication should be easy, imho. In the new application, I would recommend you refer to your previous application and then highlight specifically the new changes you have made. I believe this should influence the VO to only focus on if you have fixed the issue from the previous app. Cheers bruv.

ayooluwatoni:
...and my sponsor didn't notarize any document neither did I go with affidavit (really dont believe in them......but it's cool for anyone that believes in it). Submitted just the original statement of account and sponsorship letter...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 12:32am On Aug 18, 2015
If you read my previous posts grin, the only reason why this $40k CAD payment was made was because the sponsor's funds were in a third country and the applicant had been previously rejected for insufficient funds even with sufficient funds on the sponsor's statements. smiley

Not to get into a theological debate here, but the bolded statement can be problematic (regardless of religious orientation) because it could influence applicants to not realize that they control over x% (let's say x=70) of the outcome of their application. The remaining y% (let's say 30%) is probably dependent on the VO's mood or luck (or God for some). Putting our best foot forward is the best hedge against TRV delay, not God. "God" helps those who helps themselves. If humans hadn't developed farm tools, vaccines, airplanes, and more, we would still be in the stone age. Let's not turn God into a vending machine. Please no offense intended o grin, I just want to encourage future readers of the thread to put their best foot forward without assuming that "God" would reward mediocre effort. I hope I haven't offended you or anyone else, if so I preemptively apologize.

Haustraliah:
...Well, God knows best, its just that God said its time to be granted the visa.
I believe that canadian visa is not by document, but by favor... Amefrica got granted with just 100 dollars tution fee deposit during his second application...

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:07am On Aug 18, 2015
Haustraliah:

Nawaooo,this is too much, in the name of canadian visa.
Chai, money good oooo.
Well, God knows best, its just that God said its time to be granted the visa.
I believe that canadian visa is not by document, but by favor.
Amefrica got granted with just 100 dollars tution fee deposit during his second application.
All visa I got has no deposit,I applied with only acceptance letter.
Glory be to God.
May help those awaiting CIC and grant them their heart desire.
Amin.
My opinion: tuition fee deposit does not really influence visa decisions, we only need to prove to the VO that there's sufficient and available funds for our study....finish! But I think soj's sis own was necessary because her sponsor presented a statement of an offshore acct! If not, bank statement and sponsorship letter should have been sufficient.
I agree with the God's favor thing.....but don't forget that as we are praying to win VOs, VOs are also praying to win us.....and God is not partial! Bottom line, let's do our part and then leave rest to God.....but dont expect God to do for u what He expects you to do yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:11am On Aug 18, 2015
thesoj:
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now.
Lol @ the bolded. I don't believe in affidavits either, but I think they have more value if the sponsor is not a direct family member or if sponsor is in a third country where affidavits can be enforced. Affidavits in Naija are probably mostly unenforceable (thanks to our weak legal system) and the VOs most likely know it is pretty much just a formality. Also, someone in one of the previous pages of the thread said he notarized a sponsorship document his uncle had created and then signed it on behalf of his uncle... this in my mind makes a joke of the purpose of notarization (no offense intended to the person who wrote this).

Your reapplication should be easy, imho. In the new application, I would recommend you refer to your previous application and then highlight specifically the new changes you have made. I believe this should influence the VO to only focus on if you have fixed the issue from the previous app. Cheers bruv.

I didn't do the bold thing, guess this phone saw my mind about the affidavit thing......, I'm not against it o. Thank you for the heads up, it will really help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 1:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Please by all means fly Air France, Their food tastes deliciousssssss grin grin

Thanking God for Journey Mercies, Presently in Mapple Land

22 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 1:47am On Aug 18, 2015
. OMG!!! Airfrance is marvelous. Their food is delicious eeh!! and their hospitality na 100%. we thank God for Journey mercies.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 1:51am On Aug 18, 2015
You are welcome. In my previous post where I wrote "lol @ the bolded", I meant that I thought it was hilarious that you don't believe in affidavits because I don't either, particularly when it comes to Naija. I didn't mean that there was something you did or didn't do.
ayooluwatoni:

I didn't do the bold thing, guess this phone saw my mind about the affidavit thing......, I'm not against it o. Thank you for the heads up, it will really help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 2:01am On Aug 18, 2015
chrisviral:

Happy for you, man. We de come for back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 3:45am On Aug 18, 2015
chrisviral:

My man, just thought about you this evening, was wondering if you've lost your way in Maple land this one wey we never hear from you since you left. Thank God for journey mercy and welcome to a new phase of life struggle.

Canada is not the destination, but an express route to your destination if you get what I mean. Make sure to start off well so that the rest of the journey will be relatively in line and on the right path to your dreams.

I'm very glad you made it to Maple land at the end of the whole struggle.

I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavours Chris. Always remember that prayer and hardwork (with determination) is all you need to get to the top of the ladder. It'll never be a smooth sail but be rest assured of success if you apply these principles.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:47am On Aug 18, 2015
Need this info for a friend.

For those in canada, which college do you think is the best in Ontario.
in terms of reputation, academics,graduate satisfaction and employer satisfaction

does anyone have any link to a ranking, i cant seem to see one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by nightwatch: 7:12am On Aug 18, 2015
Peeps already in Canada, Please do you have any idea if Nigerian driver's License can be used there?

Also you guys sending me private messages please ask me your questions here abeg.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2015
nope.
if you have an original licence(the new one) it will only speed up your process of getting a licence in canada.
some people travel with an international licence, but this is only valid for a short period of time when u land in canada(this is only useful for visitors visa)
nightwatch:
Peeps already in Canada, Please do you have any idea if Nigerian driver's License can be used there?

Also you guys sending me private messages please ask me your questions here abeg.... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jagaban17: 7:49am On Aug 18, 2015
nightwatch:

LOL Private message .People here are comedians bro. After they were accusing you of trying to sell your agent. I'm also going to Lambton same course and a friend of mine is also traveling on Thursday same course. My app still processing. Safe trip.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waltwissle: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2015
Good morning everyone.

This forum was just recently introduced to me.

So I just got an admission and I want to start visa application. So far my issue has been the subject of finances. I have a fixed deposit of about 5M which I thought was quite enough for me. however, I got a company to act as co-sponsor of my living expenses and I would get all the necessary documents. I would also get the following...

Letter of employment (Back dated)
Bond Agreement (To indicate that I a job waiting with them after studies)
Study leave
letter of introduction
Statement of Account
Pay Slips.
letter of sponsorship.
CAC documents

My confusion is that my personal bank statement would not reflect the suppose salary in the pay slips plus, I just have a Fixed deposit certificate (is that accepted), of which the maturity date is in September.

Sages of the six paths of Visa Application, HELP!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2015
Hello guys. please whats the maximum time difference btw the date of your soa and the date of visa application.. as i printed my soa last week, monday 10th. hoping to go to the embassy by wednesday. i have been having few delays. and still haven't gone. and as it is i might be going this friday. would i need to print my soa again? i have just paid tuition fees actually and waiting for the receipt that is why i might be waiting till friday. if i am to print another soa, must i print days up till the date before i printed or could i leave a few days out?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 9:01am On Aug 18, 2015
waltwissle:
Good morning everyone.

This forum was just recently introduced to me.

So I just got an admission and I want to start visa application. So far my issue has been the subject of finances. I have a fixed deposit of about 5M which I thought was quite enough for me. however, I got a company to act as co-sponsor of my living expenses and I would get all the necessary documents. I would also get the following...

Bond Agreement (To indicate that I a job waiting with them after studies)
Study leave
letter of introduction
Statement of Account
Pay Slips.
letter of sponsorship.
CAC documents

My confusion is that my personal bank statement would not reflect the suppose salary in the pay slips plus, I just have a Fixed deposit certificate (is that accepted), of which the maturity date is in September.

Sages of the six paths of Visa Application, HELP!!

i am using two soas. one is my savings acct that has my fixed and the other is my salary acct that shows my payment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oppytexu: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2015
thesoj:
Make sure your new admission is for a PGD or Graduate Certificate (assuming you are a BSc holder in a similar course). Using a diploma or advanced diploma admission for TRV application is risky, regardless of if it is a fast-track or accelerated program; this is because these two diplomas are considered lower than a bachelor's degree, and it seems some VOs are lazy to sieve through the nuances of accelerated/fastrack programs.
Thanks thesoj. The new one I'm looking at is in centennial college and its a graduate fast track certificate for one year. It that fine before I send the application cos 95cad no be beans ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 9:41am On Aug 18, 2015
As long as it is a graduate certificate and not a college certificate you should be fine.
In any case, I'm.not liable for any inadvertent misinformation oh! grin So make sure you read the program's website to ascertain the program you are applying for.
oppytexu:

Thanks thesoj. The new one I'm looking at is in centennial college and its a graduate fast track certificate for one year. It that fine before I send the application cos 95cad no be beans ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Joe980: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2015
waltwissle:

Why dagbo?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waltwissle: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Inkblood:

i am using two soas. one is my savings acct that has my fixed and the other is my salary acct that shows my payment

Thanks baba.. That shows what payment? your salary??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waltwissle: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Joe980:
Why dagbo?

I dont understand??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Joe980: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2015
waltwissle:

I dont understand??
Backdating...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2015
Onyeoma3:

My man, just thought about you this evening, was wondering if you've lost your way in Maple land this one wey we never hear from you since you left. Thank God for journey mercy and welcome to a new phase of life struggle.

Canada is not the destination, but an express route to your destination if you get what I mean. Make sure to start off well so that the rest of the journey will be relatively in line and on the right path to your dreams.

I'm very glad you made it to Maple land at the end of the whole struggle.

I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavours Chris. Always remember that prayer and hardwork (with determination) is all you need to get to the top of the ladder. It'll never be a smooth sail but be rest assured of success if you apply these principles.

Thanks Boss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2015
SeraSera:

Happy for you, man. We de come for back.

Thanks, Canny awaits you.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2015
do VOs accept black nd white printed SOA? my friend sponsor's SOA (two page SOA) is printed black and white and only the first page was stamped. The bank is first bank.
Please can he use the SOA like that for online route?

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.