Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1079416 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
forelite:
I have been following up on this forum silently since January, 2015.
Graduate Certificate Course
Duration : 8-months
Province: Ontario

1st Application
17th March, 2015
Delayed: 22nd April, 2015

REASON: INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

2nd Application

14th May, 2015
Medical mail: 23rd June, 2015
Medical Done : 24th June, 2015

Alihamdulillah...........Wish every other person waiting for medicals success.

Allah is the Greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALSO NEED ADVICE FROM EXPERT IN THE HOUSE THE BEST OPTION TO TAKE AFTER 8-MONTHS STUDY PERIOD.

bro did you apply online or paper route?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
I bind every "Esther" on this forum, in Jesus name... tongue

chrisviral:

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by OGreene: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good morning darlings, few days now i have been thinking about my life, like what am i waiting for. I really should further my studies, in Canada by the grace of God. Una don ginger me, time waits for no one. Am working sha, but......i want go back to school jare to get a better education. smiley

- Is there anyone here studying MSC/MA Economic Development or International Dev Economics, or applying for such?
- Please at what point do i pay the tuition fee, is it after i have gotten the admission, whats the timeline. Bcoz God fit bless me with another ogbonge job, and i will postpone the Masters ooo grin. So that i dont pay and now feel compelled to go.

Congratz to the successful applicants, and best of luck to those in the waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by OGreene: 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
How una dey get this scholarship na shocked Please tell me

chrisviral:
Graviton2, I think you are good to go.
More so, in the application Form, where your asked for school fees, housing fees and other expenses, then you are further asked how much is available for study...

It's always a good point to add up everything and add extra amount untop of it.

E.g
My school fees was 33,000 CAD
Hostel is 14, 000 CAD, I left others blank and fund available, I wrote 280,000CAD ((hanks to the scholarship) no VO can refuse that based on insufficient fund.

Note: you can only submit your application after you get your e-medical receipt, since it's upfront.
Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Oseni007(m): 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
It's quite straightforward,open with Microsoft Word and type in it or better still, print and fill wit a pen like CruAJ suggested.
vinegar:

Tnx Oseni....its actually the questionnaire attached to that form am talking about...I can't type on it...don't know how to go about filling it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
That was exactly what I did!

teesboy:

I concur as well and think the best thing going forward is for an applicant to always state exactly how much they are getting from their sponsors and for a sponsor to do same in their letter of sponsorship so that the VO is under no illusion as to total funds available for the applicant's study.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
Team12:
That was exactly what I did!

smart move oo. You know these VOs know they are Judge, Jury and Executioner and you have no right of appeal Lmao,I think we can both agree that no application is perfect and some testimonies here will attest to that, as some VOs will just overlook some things or even allow your sponsor stating they are responsible for all expenses to fly rather some will use the excuse of not stating the exact funds or the minimum funds available to you to refuse the application with insufficient funds as the reason even when the bank balance is more than adequate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by judnele: 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
@team12. We have two family businesres from wic I can take 6m to use as funds do I still need a sponsor.I am goin to submit documents for the two business togeda with my dads employment letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lucky032(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
Plz peeps,is it the address correct to address my sponsorship/statement of purpose letter.

The Visa Officer
High Commission Of Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island Lagos
Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by debris: 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
TALK2FABO:
Is it college or UNI?

Anyone so far it offers any health or science course for PGD and the fee its cheaper.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Team12:
I bind every "Esther" on this forum, in Jesus name... tongue

Lol grin
Esther is actually my Twin sister, No joke. Graviton2 knows.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
lucky032:
Plz peeps,is it the address correct to address my sponsorship/statement of purpose letter.

The Visa Officer
High Commission Of Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island Lagos
Nigeria.
it is correct but you could tweak it a little to either one below

The Visa Officer
Deputy High Commission of Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island
Lagos

or

Visa Section
Deputy High Commission of Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island
Lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
OGreene:
How una dey get this scholarship na shocked Please tell me

Go through my previous post, I already dropped a link.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
Team12:
Yes. I mean if the total expense is 21,000, you should state that you have may be like 25,000 available for your stay and the amount in your sponsor's account should be more that the 25,000. You feel me? But make sure that the amount you stated as available funds ties with the amount your dad states in his sponsorship letter o (if at all he stated it; and he should state that the 25,000 is the MINIMUM amount per year).

Since you have a little brother who is obviously over dependent on your parents, the VO does not expect your parents to spend all their money on you alone...

It's good that you have submitted other documents to proof source of future cash flow. That shows that your parents can afford to cover your expenses in subsequent years. So you are covered.

Thanks, I appreciate your advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
so you're coming to quebec. Congrats!
We dey wait you eagerly.

chrisviral:

CIC app forms.
Scholarship Letter (as proof of finance).
Passport page.
Representative form.
Admission letter.
CAQ

That's all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
It doesn't have to be 40,000CAD but at least about 25,000 or more. UG usually needs more money because it's a recurring expense (as in usually more years of study) so a good steady flow of income is necessary such that the VO is convinced that you are not only able to meet up with expenses for the first year but for all the years of your study.

***P.S: The comment is not specific to you alone but could apply to other undergrads as well***

Just realised Team12 replied already, sorry for the repetition.

Graviton2:

I don't really understand the bolded - Do you mean if the total expenses for my study is around 21,000cad, I should have higher than that for my upkeep? That's about 40,000cad...Please clarify.

Undergrad. I'm 20 and I have a younger brother who is 11, how's that?

Your moniker made me think of Basketball..Dream team 12...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
ADEMOLAAAUA:
@ forleite,what school did u apply for the graduate certificate course and please send me the details,Thanks.

its DURHAM COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY, OSHAWA, ONTARIO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
[quote author=lexyj123 post=35134860][/quote]

BOTH WERE PAPER ROUTE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good Day House,
Just a quick and confusing question. It is compulsory to submit the IMM5832E form and the Document check-list form when applying online? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good Evening gbo gbo nice people!
TRV gotten oo, apllication closed. Passport collected.I used UPS for courier, their services was excellent.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Solo8(m): 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
mevisbleek:

Solo8 I disagree with you on "does not worth the price". I did an MBA and must say all my class mates got hired from internship. I mean they got really good gig. I'm a living testimony Bro.
A few got gigs as marketing managers at Rogers, a couple got the RBC rotational program, a couple got Scotiabank international development program, a few got into imperial oil as territory manager, remainder got gigs in siemens and stuff. So, it's worth it and I will do it again and again and again and as well advise everyone to smiley

Fair enough, maybe it's just among my field, my circle and my mentors. I just think being an engineer in the energy industry (and a Canadian citizen) , there are so many other certifications and educational routes I could take that'll cost me less money, less time and less workload and will impact my pay check positively almost immediately. I feel MBA has more weight among people in other field than it does ion ours, at least earlier in your career. I might consider it when I'm way older.

I don't have an MBA though, so you know what doors it has potentially opened for you better than I do. I'm weird like that sometimes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
teesboy:

i'm not an expert but here is what i'll suggest you can check out the Express Entry program on CIC website to see if you have a relevant occupation + the work experience required and if you are fortunate you could become a permanent resident in short time. Furthermore, hope you are aware that you get a postgraduate work permit after your program and it's dependent on how long is your program though a 2-year program may get a 3-year PGWP so review these options and plan accordingly.
Please in your spare time could you list your application documents and the changes you made after your refusal so others can learn from you as well.

Thanks for the idea, i learnt i will get 8-months PGWP . Infact my field is listed in the express entry program, i have work experience + a band score of 7 in IELTS. so I guess am good to go by the special grace of God.

This difference in my first and second application is as thus,

September, 2015 intake...........
1st application:
Acceptance letter
paid 8000cad of 14000cad tuition
balance of 4.7m in SOA as self sponsor
Balance of 10m in Elder's brother's account as Co sponsor
Employment letter
Study leave letter without pay
SOP
Transcript
Required forms by CIC
Certificates

2nd application:
Acceptance letter
(paid balance 6000cad to complete tuition fee)
balance of 3.6m in SOA as self sponsor
Employment letter
Study leave letter with pay
SOP
Transcripts
Required forms by CIC
Certificates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
montrealer:
We dey wait you eagerly.

bonjour encore montrealer!! Ça va? Ouais C'en est sûr. Nous serons au quebec en Août. Je vous evoie un PM. J'ai besion de votre conseil

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
montrealer:
We dey wait you eagerly.

Yeah I am.
Thanks.
Looking forward to the parties, fun and all, plus lots of beer.

*you don't happen to have lots of coats and canvas to give away? wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
forelite:

Thanks for the idea, i learnt i will get 8-months PGWP . Infact my field is listed in the express entry program, i have work experience + a band score of 7 in IELTS. so I guess am good to go by the special grace of God.

1st application:
Acceptance letter
Employment letter
SOP
Transcript
Required forms by CIC
Certificates

2nd application:
Acceptance letter
Employment letter
SOP
Transcripts
Required forms by CIC
Certificates.

smart move to have done your IELTS before now what you need to do now is have your transcripts sent directly from your school and your credentials assessed as soon as possible by WES Canada so you can get yourself into the express entry selection pool sharp sharp, and if the stars align in your favour you may get an invitation to apply for PR before you complete your eight months program. Canada awaits you and I wish you all the very best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
chrisviral:

Yeah I am. Thanks. Looking forward to the parties, fun and all, plus lots of beer.
*you don't happen to have lots of coats and canvas to give away? wink
that was really a smart move there!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
Solo8:

Fair enough, maybe it's just among my field, my circle and my mentors. I just think being an engineer in the energy industry (and a Canadian citizen) , there are so many other certifications and educational routes I could take that'll cost me less money, less time and less workload and will impact my pay check positively almost immediately. I feel MBA has more weight among people in other field than it does ion ours, at least earlier in your career. I might consider it when I'm way older.

I don't have an MBA though, so you know what doors it has potentially opened for you better than I do. I'm weird like that sometimes.

As an engineer, it's nice for you to have an MBA down the road if u looking at getting into management. Almost all my colleagues have got their peng as well as MBA.
Well, I understand where you coming from 45-90k for a program that might not impact ur paycheck immediately might seem unreasonable to some.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
forelite:

1st application:
Acceptance letter
Employment letter
SOP
Transcript
Required forms by CIC
Certificates

2nd application:
Acceptance letter
Employment letter
SOP
Transcripts
Required forms by CIC
Certificates.

@forelite, i want to ask, if the school state ur cost of tuitions fees in your letter of (offer of Admission) and do they ask for deposit before you go ahead. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
omooba2015:

@forelite, i want to ask, if the school state ur cost of tuitions fees in your letter of (offer of Admission) and do they ask for deposit before you go ahead. Thanks

YES THEY STATED THE BREAK DOWN/FULL TUITION IN MY LETTER
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
forelite:

YES THEY STATED THE BREAK DOWN/FULL TUITION IN MY LETTER

MY SCHOOL ASKED FOR INITIAL DEPOSIT TO BE PAID LATEST BY JULY 1ST AND SECOND PAYMENT TO BE PAID BY END OF NOVEMBER, 2015.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
teesboy:

smart move to have done your IELTS before now what you need to do now is have your transcripts sent directly from your school and your credentials assessed as soon as possible by WES Canada so you can get yourself into the express entry selection pool sharp sharp, and if the stars align in your favour you may get an invitation to apply for PR before you complete your eight months program. Canada awaits you and I wish you all the very best

10x a million for the advice, i will start that immediately.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
forelite:

MY SCHOOL ASKED FOR INITIAL DEPOSIT TO BE PAID LATEST BY JULY 1ST AND SECOND PAYMENT TO BE PAID BY END OF NOVEMBER, 2015.
Thanks alot, it's wasn't indicate in my letter of Acceptance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.