Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077583 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
It was because of the 5 working days thing i decided to do upfront medicals. I used them for my upfront, but didn't use them for my daughter.

SeraSera:

Hmm...Wish I had known this before I went the Consultant way. Anyhow, would give them their 5 working days. Hopefully, they'll come through by then. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by timmituyi: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello Pinkygrace,

U definitely know me. I will check now.

[quote author=Pinkygrace post=35204040][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
I should be in Red river hopefully.....any RR hopefuls too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Good day madam. I am still awaiting ur response on d SOP I emailed to u
Team12:
It was because of the 5 working days thing i decided to do upfront medicals. I used them for my upfront, but didn't use them for my daughter.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
judnele:
Yeah. Are you going for Sept 2015@sholay nd @jjc wen are you resuming.
Yes, Sept 2015.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Team12:
My guy! I didn't know you were going the Manitoba way o. I guess the Winnipeg guys are increasing. Yes UofM is close to UofW-Same city.

Yes ke! Manitoba o...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
SeraSera:
Hi guys. Please for those who've done medicals, how long did it take before your cic status became updated? I had my medicals done at Consultants Practice on Tuesday and I'm still awaiting an update on my account. Should I be worried?

i did mine at iom on Wednesday.. u should only be worried if the hospital calls u back for further test
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
kennykentipsy:

i did mine at iom on Wednesday.. u should only be worried if the hospital calls u back for further test

Thanks. Hopefully that's not going to happen. Lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
taiwokazx:
I need to post this to keep d hope of those who applied for spousal work permit alive cos I realised pple don't really thread on it

applied for spouse work permit

Applied online 09/05/15
Biometrics 11/05/15
Med call 25/05/15
They ask me for evidence fund for my intended trip same day 25/05/15
Med done 01/06/15
Med passed 16/06/15
Request for passport 24/06/15

Godwin noni @ iyalodeofcanada all will end with praise nd worship cos I long to hear u break the good news next

Congrats!! Pls what docs did you submit for SOWP? Very much interested in this. Is this better than applying for visitor visa first, and then later converting it to SOWP (inland)?

Just thinking...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
Team12:
It takes 5 working days for Consultant practice to send your results to cic. IOM on the other hand sends in 48 hours. For those who want to do medicals for their kids below 5 years, the exam in IOM takes few minutes and it's only 15k wink. It's only physical exam that is done, and your kid's result is sent to cic immediately (it might even be before you step into your car grin).

With what I experienced with my daughter's medicals, IOM is the way. I went all the way from the Island to Ikeja, but it was worth it. More space, more friendly and professional staff and quick turn around time!

The female doctor that did my physical examination at iom said she will send my results immediately. ➕ she's friendly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
kennykentipsy:

dont scare a broda naa..Tim12 has already given him a break down of how consultant practice work.
But for peeps awaiting medic.wen u get it use IOM.Team12's account abt dem is so true.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
nattie5:

Thanks for your response, I have seen the page but it didn't answer my question. The options there seem to be on-campus hostels. I need options where I can stay with my child(a toddler).

look on to www.kijiji.ca u will get any kind of accommodation you want along with their rents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
Chars1289:

dont scare a broda naa..Tim12 has already given him a break down of how consultant practice work.
But for peeps awaiting medic.wen u get it use IOM.Team12's account abt dem is so true.

read my comment well... I said he should only be worried if he's called back for further test since ..he wasn't no cause for alarm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thanks @Team12 @kennykentipsy @Chars1289 et al. Just got the update: medical passed.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
SeraSera:
Thanks @Team12 @kennykentipsy @Chars1289 et al. Just got the update: medical passed.

congrats maple land awaits
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
mevisbleek:

Thank you so much for the analysis. About Nigerians doing well abroad hmm not all oh some still dey switch from engineering to business and graduate with bsc linguistics lol. It is well sha. Thanks Crich

People switch sometimes because of interest. More so, a degree in Engineering isn't more difficult than others.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
SeraSera:
sigh of relief.congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hi House,Pls if u did an upfront medicals and applied online.whats the first update you get when dey Hv reviewed Ur application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
sinie:

thanks smiley

thanks
my husband is not going for a program, he just wanted to accompany me to help with our daughter. he feels that since he's already going he can also take care of the baby too while i school. am the bookish type and he's really encouraging me to further and is willing to do everything to lessen the stress on me. he works in a bank but has always wanted to quit his bank job and start a buisness; he feels now is the time to go and when we come back we can start the busness. my fear now is getting a Visa for us all in my condition, and postponing it will just make me loose interest in the whole thing.

Since you have your husband to support you, I would advise you go for it. Hope you guys have enough funds to sustain the family.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
mevisbleek:

Is she married? Is she Igbo? smiley

I'm interested in knowing why you ask about her marital status and tribe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Crich:

Ah! Her case needs special prayers. What happened to bank jobs? Ah ah! Not a 30k job na no matter how bad. There's something wrong somewhere. I still stand on my earlier statement. First class has a place somewhere good in this country as long as it can be defended. U dont expect a first class material to be employed if he cant sell himself/defend d degree during an interview.

Madam, I am assuming you don't get to meet lots of youths. I understand a 1st class should stand you out however, the mentality some people carry will not give them that advantage. I am of the opinion that your attitude (mental wise) has a greater role to play than your class of degree.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
Pls can I get an answer to my question?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
kennykentipsy ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
Onyeoma3:
[b] I wasn't motivated to get a 1st class during my undergraduate days,true that, cos the enabling environment wasn't there... But I was 100 times more scared of getting a poor grade at the end of it all cos I know and have always been advised from onset when I got admission into school that no matter what course you're doing in school, finish with at least a 2.1.

Majority of the young peeps that didn't do so well in the undergraduate studies were as a result of peer pressure coupled with the euphoria of being independent and away from home, no thanks to our lecturers that don't help matters. In addition, the environment and facilities are not enabling. In my undergraduate days, I don't read my books till 1week to exams but I can never try that now.

In addition, some students go thru a lot of hardship to see themselves thru school and the psychological effects which result from these stress reflect on their academic performance.

If in the midst of all these limitations, someone ends up bagging a 1st class, I respect that person so much cos honestly..... E no easy

Finally,the truth about studying here is that you have known that you are between the devil and the deep blue sea... You have no other option than to make it if not, your people go disown you.. As you now have no other reason to give if you don't do well cos everything you need is at your disposal. [/b]

I agree with you and in my case for instance, all I heard was that Ife was very tough. I was running a dual program at the time I started my university education and all I told myself was if a 2nd class upper starts from a 3.5 then all I want is at least a 4.0 and it worked for me.

For those who mentioned motivation, I have an idea of where you are coming from. I will give you a practical example. My dad was a graduate of Economics with a 2nd class upper from UI in 1973 however, things didn't work in his favor after the implementation of SAP. One of my sisters then had a saying that it isn't about education. This affected her choices in many things.

I conclude with the saying "airin jina la o ri abuke okere" which implies we are limited by our experiences. 1st class or not, what we should pray for is that God should guide our paths and also, time & chance should work in our favor.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
I'm telling you my brother...
It pains me daily when I see people with good grades gaallivant around without nothing substantial doing.
I don't feel any regret of not having a good grade in this country.
The only regret I have about not having a good grade is in this canadian visa ish...
If I cud get a masters admission I probably wud have my TRV now.

GboyegaD:

Madam, I am assuming you don't get to meet lots of youths. I understand a 1st class should stand you out however, the mentality some people carry will not give them that advantage. I am of the opinion that your attitude (mental wise) has a greater role to play than your class of degree.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
ejossou:
I have a phd admission to usask with full funding. I didn't include any sponsor or my soa. Will dis affect my application in anyway? I will appreciate an answer from the house.

You have nothing to worry about. You are good to go provided you included your funding letter in your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by taiwokazx: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
Iyalodeofcanada:

Congratulations meaning you never submitted any soa a at all till they requested? Please list the document

I submitted another soa
Let me say Almighty Allah favoured me with this idea

I waited 3 days b4 i Lodged another funds into the account nd print the soa after 10 working days to submit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
Team 12,Pls could you answer my question?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by taiwokazx: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=NittaJ post=35212204]

Congrats!! Pls what docs did you submit for SOWP? Very much interested in this. Is this better than applying for visitor visa first, and then later converting it to SOWP (inland)?

Just thinking... [/
]

ur fiance should apply for spouse open work permit outside canada
copy of ur study permit
copy of ur visa page nd data page
letter from ur school
soa from both
marriage cert weddings pics
sop from both ( as Application for spousal open work permit)
employment letter
letter of intro from employee
pay slips
Assets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Supermum: 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
Team12:
My guy! I didn't know you were going the Manitoba way o. I guess the Winnipeg guys are increasing. Yes UofM is close to UofW-Same city.

I'm also going to the U of Manitoba. I've been a silent follower.
Thanks for all the useful information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
I'm telling you my brother...
It pains me daily when I see people with good grades gaallivant around without nothing substantial doing.
I don't feel any regret of not having a good grade in this country.
The only regret I have about not having a good grade is in this canadian visa ish...
If I cud get a masters admission I probably wud have my TRV now.

We all feel pained seeing people we know who did their best in school to graduate with a good class of degree not getting a job easily. I have coursemates who had good grades and were smart, eloquent, and intelligent finding it difficult to get good jobs. I have resorted to advising those who are willing to take the bull by the horn by applying to schools abroad with funding for postgraduate study.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.