Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (93177 Views)

Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Remi Tinubu Finally Speaks At The 8th Senate, But What Exactly Did She Say? / First Day Of Sitting Of The Senate Of The 8th NASS (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Rexyl(m): 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
voltron:

don't fool yourself.. this Arrow did not do anything in 16 years and you want him to do something now?

Can't understand your thought. You mean democracy will not work even with the new change? And Buhari at the helm of the affairs!
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

And Nigeria contains half of all Fulanis, and is also arguably the most economically and geo-politically important country on the entire continent.
So, your point does not stand....
You cant claim the Fulanis are politically dominant in Nigeria because of the "structure left behind by the British", and then type from the same fingers that they are inconsequential in Guinea and Senegal now-a-days. Because if you know your history, wou will know that they were the hegemonic ethnic group in those countries as well, before the French came and clipped their expansionist and intimidating sophistication with cannons and Guns. Anyways, in case you are not aware, The present president of Senegal Sall is a Fulani/Pullo, while Guinea is totally dominated by Fulanis Economically and gradually, culturally as well. They are presently trying to get political power, and I believe they will get it, as soon as they ally themselves with a smaller ethnic group in the country
Just watch ad see.

You are right, One half of the Fulanis are a sophisticated people, with astute political statures, and clinical/refined thinking. They are the Ruling/Noble class in much of West Africa (Northern Nigeria included), so I duff my hat for their political vigour.
but then the other half are also ... errrmm, cough cough ...... let me just keep my mouth shut at this point .. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

And Nigeria contains half of all Fulanis, and is also arguably the most economically and geo-politically important country on the entire continent.
So, your point does not stand....
You cant claim the Fulanis are politically dominant in Nigeria because of the "structure left behind by the British", and then type from the same fingers that they are inconsequential in Guinea and Senegal now-a-days. Because if you know your history, wou will know that they were the hegemonic ethnic group in those countries as well, before the French came and clipped their expansionist and intimidating sophistication with cannons and Guns. Anyways, in case you are not aware, The present president of Senegal Sall is a Fulani/Pullo, while Guinea is totally dominated by Fulanis Economically and gradually, culturally as well. They are presently trying to get political power, and I believe they will get it, as soon as they ally themselves with a smaller ethnic group in the country
Just watch ad see.

Utter nonsense.

Geo-politically relevance is subjective. Nigeria isn't geo-politically relevant in Sub-saharan Africa than South Africa, Ghana, Ethiopia, Angola, etc. are. And economically, Fulanis are dominant even in Nigeria - so that's off-point. Based on ya logic of using population as a yardstick, then Han Chinese should be the most politically sophisticated in Asia and the world. You have to treat the different countries as a single entities cos Nigeria doesn't control the politics of the other countries.

Also, without the structure, which has been left intact - Fulanis don't have what it takes to dominate anybody. Anyway, they can keep trying in Guinea, but they will always have the structure left behind by Sekou Toure to contend with and I don't see Mandinkas giving it up soon. The Mandinkas aren't slouches. Wolofs own Senegal.

My point stands. Get back to the topic.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Rexyl:

Can't understand your thought. You mean democracy will not work even with the new change? And Buhari at the helm of the affairs!

Democracy is not about People and Political Parties but about Democratic Institutions that work. it is about Empowering the Constitution to Strengthen Governance Frameworks that Enforce The Rule of Law, thus Guiding Performance and Ensuring the Freedom & Rights of Nigerians. We have seen time and time again that it is People and Political Parties undermine Democratic Institutions (like they are doing right now) to further their selfish and greedy ambitions.

It is not Campaign Slogans and Promises and Manifestos - it is about being Accountable and Responsible under the Rule of Law. it is about Sacrifices and Actions not TALK.. Great Democracies are Built on the bolded not TALK, TALK, TALK and More EXCUSES
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Funpeter: 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pamcrest:

Oh I agree with u completely. As of today Kwara state is in north central zone. That Yorubas exist in Togo does not make them Nigerians. Tribes cut across borders and we do know that our boundary mapping in Nigeria for states etc is less than perfect.
So as it stands d new SP is a northerner from NC zone. Shikena
My humble two cents
you and your humble two cent.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by kingwale1: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
papaejima1:
Chisos!
Somebody call 911, bring the paramedics while coming, heart attacks galore across the nation... grin grin grin

SAI.....

Sai wetin sef I go talk?
Sai Bukky
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by YonkijiSappo: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Utter nonsense.

Geo-politically relevance is subjective. Nigeria isn't geo-politically relevant in Sub-saharan Africa than South Africa, Ghana, Ethiopia, Angola, etc. are. And economically, Fulanis are dominant even in Nigeria - so that's off-point. Based on ya logic of using population as a yardstick, then Han Chinese should be the most politically sophisticated in Asia and the world. You have to treat the different countries as a single entities cos Nigeria doesn't control the politics of the other countries.

Also, without the structure, which has been left intact - Fulanis don't have what it takes to dominate anybody. Anyway, they can keep trying in Guinea, but they will always have the structure left behind by Sekou Toure to contend with and I don't see Mandinkas giving it up soon. The Mandinkas aren't slouches. Wolofs own Senegal.

My point stands. Get back to the topic.

You are all over the place.
Nigeria isn't more geo-politically relevant in Africa than Ghana, Angola? you say? Loooool.... what a joke!
Your second point is just absolutely ridiculous. Tell me what part of my discusion I used population as a yardstick for political sophistication?. If Fulanis are influential Nigeria, one of the most important countries in the "Black world", then, by direct inference- they are also one of the most Influential ethnic groups in Africa. Take it or leave it, that is not my business.
I guess we have to treat the USA as a "single entity" and them dismiss all its geo-political influences across the world, and by extension, the role Anglo-saxons play in the USA ko? .... yeah right.

Your other points hold no water. Mandinkas are not dominating Guinea's political sphere because they can, but rather because of French assistance (Of course Conde is a stooge, while Diallo has an independent policy), rookie. The Fulani work in Guinea will be achieved by "set-pieces"... like I said earlier, just watch.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by abdulwastecx(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
rogerdat:
Na wa o...

president- ab.oki

vice- yoruba -

senate president - ab.oki/yoruba

Wetin dem go come give my igbo people?

Bukola is a pure Yoruba man
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by abdulwastecx(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
wiseoneking:
Sorry bro, i just read that he is a full blooded fulani from his fathers wikepedia. Goggle and get your stuff right. No argument. Fulani pred and fulani senate pred.

His father is not even a native of ilorin... the father is a stranger from ogun state. to stay relevant the fulani story sell more. Bukola is a pure yoruba man
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Rexyl(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
voltron:

Democracy is not about People and Political Parties but about Democratic Institutions that work. it is about Empowering the Constitution to Strengthen Governance Frameworks that Enforce The Rule of Law, thus Guiding Performance and Ensuring the Freedom & Rights of Nigerians. We have seen time and time again that it is People and Political Parties undermine Democratic Institutions (like they are doing right now) to further their selfish and greedy ambitions.

It is not Campaign Slogans and Promises and Manifestos - it is about being Accountable and Responsible under the Rule of Law. it is about Sacrifices and Actions not TALK.. Great Democracies are Built on the bolded not TALK, TALK, TALK and More EXCUSES

Hmmm. Democratic institution that works. People create institutions and make them work if they want. Now these people have created an institution which they believe can work just as you believe in yourself. Let's hope for the best from them the same way many believed in Buhari and gave him a shot.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by jcf(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Y'all should please check out this phenomenal Nigerian made application. https://www.nairaland.com/2355104/nigerian-made-mobile-application-set-revolutionize
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

You are all over the place.
Nigeria isn't more geo-politically relevant in Africa than Ghana, Angola? you say? Loooool.... what a joke!
Your second point is just absolutely ridiculous. Tell me what part of my discusion I used population as a yardstick for political sophistication?. If Fulanis a re influential Nigeria, one of the most important countries in the "Black world", then, by direct inference- they are also one of the most Influential ethnic groups in Africa. Take it or leave it, that is not my business.
I guess we have to treat the USA as a "single entity" and them dismiss all its geo-political influences across the world, and by extension, the role Anglo-saxons play in the USA ko? .... yeah right.

Your other points hold no water. Mandinkas are not dominating Guinea because they can, but rather because of French assistance (Of course Conde is a stooge, while Fiallo has an independent policy), rookie. The Fulani work in Guinea will be achieved by "set-pieces"... like I said earlier, just watch.

Lol, it seems you have a problem with understanding simple words. Or perhaps do you want me to write in Arabic (I can string a few Arabic words together)?

- What's the correlation between geo-politics in the context of "political sophistication" and economics (Fulanis aren't even economically dominant in Nigeria and the argument is about political domination)? So arguing for Nigeria's economic power in sub-saharan Africa as a yardstick for political sophistication is off-point.

- If you don't know the argument for Nigeria's geo-political "dominance" in sub-saharan Africa was based of the size of population (as alluded to by "CSTR2" that 1-in-5 African is Nigerian), I can't help you. You don't have to put everything in black-and-white for learned folks. Then again, I don't know your academic background, and perhaps I need to explain it to you in simple terms. So apart from the size of Nigeria's population, what other leverage does Nigeria have over the rest of sub-saharan Africa?

Now back to geo-politics - the battle for West Africa is between Nigeria and Ghana, and in recent years, Ghana leaped out Nigeria in the scheme of things. Central African geo-politics is dominated by Angola. East Africa is dominated by Ethiopia. While Southern Africa is dominated by South Africa. So how's Nigeria geo-politically more relevant than these countries, when they dominate their own blocs within the continent - while Nigeria is in a neck and neck battle with Ghana in its own bloc? Heck, even Ivory Coast, under Alassane Ouattara, with the support of the French and Francophone countries, controls another bloc within West Africa - the Francophone bloc. Can you see how obtuse you sound now and also how mindless your understanding of geo-politics is?

What black world are you alluding to? And what's the correlation between America and Nigeria? Dude, go sit ya arse down.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by CSTR2: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, it seems you have a problem with understanding simple words. Or perhaps do you want me to write in Arabic (I can string a few Arabic words together)?

- What's the correlation between geo-politics in the context of "political sophistication" and economics (Fulanis aren't even economically dominant in Nigeria and the argument is about political domination)? So arguing for Nigeria's economic power in sub-saharan Africa as a yardstick for political sophistication is off-point.

- If you don't know the argument for Nigeria's geo-political "dominance" in sub-saharan Africa was based of the size of population (as alluded to by "CSTR2" that 1-in-5 African is Nigerian), I can't help you. You don't have to put everything in black-and-white for learned folks. Then again, I don't know your academic background, and perhaps I need to explain it to you in simple terms. So apart from the size of Nigeria's population, what other leverage does Nigeria have over the rest of sub-saharan Africa?

Now back to geo-politics - the battle for West Africa is between Nigeria and Ghana, and in recent years, Ghana leaped out Nigeria in the scheme of things. Central African geo-politics is dominated by Angola. East Africa is dominated by Ethiopia. While Southern Africa is dominated by South Africa. So how's Nigeria geo-politically more relevant than these countries, when they dominate their own blocs within the continent - while Nigeria is in a neck and neck battle with Ghana in its own bloc? Heck, even Ivory Coast, under Alassane Ouattara, with the support of the French and Francophone countries, controls another bloc within West Africa - the Francophone bloc. Can you see how obtuse you sound now and also how mindless your understanding of geo-politics is?

What black world are you alluding to? And what's the correlation between America and Nigeria? Dude, go sit ya arse down.
I think we have economic leverage over the west africa and even central africa.
Most of them depend heavily on Nigerian markets and products.
Not to forget the fact that ECOWAS is 70% funded by Nigeria.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Dude, Ghana can never compete with Nigeria in the game of geo-politics, not to talk of being neck to neck.... are you joking?
So for your eyes now, the only think nigeria has is "Demographics?" .... lol chai...

Dangote just commissioned a multi million dollar plant in Ethiopia, with several others in Ethiopia, Ghana, Zambia, SA etc, tell me when a Ghanaian business mogul does the same. Even within that Ghana don't we have many franchises, banks and a telecommunication company "Glo"?
Wake me up when Ghanaians can compete and own any meaninful sector of Nigeria's economy.
Also, Ethiopia does not dominate East Africa, Economically, Kenya does.... everybody knows that. While Angola has no geo-political relevance in Central Africa, which is not even cohesive as a region. Angola is more of SADC. Central Africa is being "run jointly by Cameroon and Gabon"
You may not like Fulanis, which I will be able to understand and relate to quite well, but they fought their way to the top. And that Yonkiji's argument actually make a lot of sense if you think about it for a minute.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
wiseoneking:
Sorry bro, i just read that he is a full blooded fulani from his fathers wikepedia. Goggle and get your stuff right. No argument. Fulani pred and fulani senate pred.

His father's mum is from Oyo state. Read again.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
CSTR2:
Most of them depend heavily on Nigerian markets and products.

That dude does not know the extent of Nigerias actual political clout. A country that is the major stake holder in the African development bank, AFDPB, and only recently got one of their own elected as chaiman by utilizing geo-politial influences which probably only 1 other country can muster in all of Africa.
Nigeria is also a growing cultural power (Via Music, Movies, Literature etc). Fulanis actually command respect in much of West Africa, and they didnt attain that by being stoopid.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
CSTR2:
Most of them depend heavily on Nigerian markets and goods.

Economics and political sophistication are two different things. That's beside the point.

Yes, Nigeria has dominate West Africa and Central Africa economically, but right now, the country hasn't been able to do that. And economics isn't about consumption, it's about ownership. If you take the GDP of Nigeria out of the equation - South Africa actually has more dominance on the continent economically than Nigeria. I believe there are big South African companies all over the continent. The same can't be said about Nigeria.

Africa is a big place, and everything doesn't start and end with the delusional over-bloated egos of some Nigerians due to population alone. Folks need to read more about the continent.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

That dude does not know the extent of Nigerias actual political clout. A country that is the major stake holder in the African development bank, AFDP, and only recently got one of their own elected as chaiman by utilizing geo-politial influences which probablyonly 1 other country can muster in all of Africa.
Nigeria is also a growing cultural power (Via Music, Movies, Literature etc). Fulanis actually command respect in much of West Africa, and they didnt attain that by being stupid.

So, basically because a Nigeria was elected as the head of AFDP - that means Nigeria has "political clout" over the rest of Africa, no? What about those who headed the bank before him?

Heck, the EU has more powers in the AFDP than any other country and the whole of Africa combined - that's a EU bank. grin Just because Africa's attached to it, that doesn't mean it's controlled by Africa.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by sainty2k3(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lionsclaw:
why are you doing this to your own self. Why telling youself what you already know is a lie
Make good research and be sure of what u think is false
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by stephmike(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
hmmmm...obviously something must have transpired between yesterday and today.....whether APC or PDP,same naija politics...nothing has changed...congrats to saraki..he worked for it.....! cool cool
lobatan
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

So, basically because a Nigeria was elected as the head of AFDP - that means Nigeria has "political clout" over the rest of Africa, no? What about those who headed the bank before him?

Heck, the EU has more powers in the AFDP than any other country and the whole of Africa combined - that's a EU bank. grin Just because Africa's attached to it, that doesn't mean it's controlled by Africa.

You just want to be tedious for no reaso...
I know you understand but you are just being evasive. Normally, AFDB member countries elect smaller country rep's like Rwanda to head the bank so as to control the influence of larger countries such as Nigeria as SA, who already have well establishedpowers of their own.
Minister Akinwumi broke that trend, because Nigeria was able to rally a strong faction of the African contingent we are talking about Africah not Europe na... ? . Naija has influence across Africa, tha can't be denied sir.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

Dude, Ghana can never compete with Nigeria in the game of geo-politics, not to talk of being neck to neck.... are you joking?
So for your eyes now, the only think nigeria has is "Demographics?" .... lol chai...

Dangote just commissioned a multi million dollar plant in Ethiopia, with several others in Ethiopia, Ghana, Zambia, SA etc, tell me when a Ghanaian business mogul does the same. Even within that Ghana don't we have many franchises, banks and a telecommunication company "Glo"?
Wake me up when Ghanaians can compete and own any meaninful sector of Nigeria's economy.
Also, Ethiopia does not dominate East Africa, Economically, Kenya does.... everybody knows that. While Angola has no geo-political relevance in Central Africa, which is not even cohesive as a region. Angola is more of SADC. Central Africa is being "run jointly by Cameroon and Gabon"
You may not like Fulanis, which I will be able to understand and relate to quite well, but they fought their way to the top. And that Yonkiji's argument actually make a lot of sense if you think about it for a minute.

Can you shout the feck up, you stark illiterate? Can most of you read? This is about geo-politics and not economics? So why're you going off the tangent for? And even economically Nigeria doesn't dominate anyone on the continent.

So basically because I called BS about overblown importance, that means I don't like certain people, no? A poster laid claims to political sophistication in the whole of sub-saharan Africa cos of dominance within a country - and my argument is that you have to treat each country as a single entity since Nigeria doesn't dominate the politics of other countries. And whatever happens in Nigeria doesn't change the political landscape of other countries on the continent. Also, I buttressed my point with Guinea and Senegal. Is that too difficult for you lot to understand?

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Lionsclaw: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
sainty2k3:

Make good research and be sure of what u think is false
grin This is what is call flawless victory over Tinubu. From my research he was at ICC waiting for Buhari to come and preside over an illegal meeting for Lawan while Saraki was busy winning in the senate chamber. Oya go and do your research grin
P.S. if Tinubu wanted Saraki all those APC senators that went to ICC like mumu would have been in the chamber.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

You just want to be tedious for no reaso...
I know you understand but you are just being evasive. Normally, AFDB member countries elect smaller country rep's like Rwanda to head the bank so as to control the influence of larger countries such as Nigeria as SA, who already have well establishedpowers of their own.
Minister Akinwumi broke that trend, because Nigeria was able to rally a strong faction of the African contingent we are talking about Africah not Europe na... ? . Naija has influence across Africa, tha can't be denied sir.

But who controls AFDB, if not the EU? And how come the EU has more voting powers within the organisation than any other member? Heck, the total number of votes of foreign countries outnumber the votes of African countries.

And that's what you're touting as Nigeria's political clout, no?
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by GodMode: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pamcrest:

Oh I agree with u completely. As of today Kwara state is in north central zone. That Yorubas exist in Togo does not make them Nigerians. Tribes cut across borders and we do know that our boundary mapping in Nigeria for states etc is less than perfect.
So as it stands d new SP is a northerner from NC zone. Shikena
My humble two cents

Lolssss... Stop been sarcasticgringringrin

You know you're dealing with Nigerians that can't accept the truth.. Kwara is in the SW...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwara_State

Lolsss you're really weirdgringringrin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Can you shout the feck up, you stark illiterate? Can most of you read? This is about geo-politics and not economics? So why're you going off the tangent for? And even economically Nigeria doesn't dominate anyone on the continent.

So basically because I called BS about overblown importance, that means I don't like certain people, no? A poster laid claims to political sophistication in the whole of sub-saharan Africa cos of dominance within a country - and my argument is that you have to treat each country as a single entity since Nigeria doesn't dominate the politics of other countries. And whatever happens in Nigeria doesn't change the political landscape of other countries on the continent. Also, I buttressed my point with Guinea and Senegal. Is that too difficult for you lot to understand?

And the insults begin.... Ironically coming from the "learned one", aren't erudites well mannered and tempered?
Well, my Opinion is that Fulanis are politically sophisticated. It may not be your opinion, but whatever.
their diplomatic and "courtesan" skills are great, look at how they managed to cunningly take over a great portion of WA and build empires in the later part of the 18th to 19th centuries. That is they legacy their political class still enjoys to date.
Goodbye sir.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Akinkanju67(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
Senator Saraki has just been sworn-in as the new Senate President!!!!

Details later...

Source: NTA

lalasticlala abeg your help is needed here.
Saraki Eba Kan Eran Kan
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by feedthenation(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:
Saraki is a dark horse
People like that don't last,
He has made enough enemies and he will continue to look over his shoulders for the rest of his tenure!
It will be a miracle if he is not impeached before the tenure ends!
Unless he keeps his nose clean and he is not corrupt.
But that is another theory of the goat and the yam

Exactly my thoughts - he can never enjoy the Senate President positon, one way or another, his shady dealings will catch up with him.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by disumusa: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin
TruthisOut:
I thought as the President went to the Hausas, VP to the Yorubas that Igbos will at least get the senate president.
Well, Igbos well done as all your politicians are all ass-lickers like Rochas!!!!
they will give ibo minister for women affair grin
TruthisOut:
I thought as the President went to the Hausas, VP to the Yorubas that Igbos will at least get the senate president.
Well, Igbos well done as all your politicians are all ass-lickers like Rochas!!!!
they will give ibo minister for women affair
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

But who controls AFDB, if not the EU? And how come the EU has more voting powers within the organisation than any other member? Heck, the total number of votes of foreign countries outnumber the votes of African countries.

And that's what you're touting as Nigeria's political clout, no?

My Goodness, what part of the world are we talking aout here again?
Africa or the EU??
Thailand has no powers whatsoever in Europe but it is a force to reckon with in South-East Asia, together with Indonesia.

Na waa for some people sha. they are just so good as shifting goal posts to favour their own opinions alone.
Me I don tire for talk talk.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

And the insults begin.... Ironically coming from the "learned one", aren't erudites well mannered and tempered?
Well, my Opinion is that Fulanis are politically sophisticated. It may not be your opinion, but whatever.
their diplomatic and "courtesan" skills are great, look at how they managed to cunningly take over a great portion of WA and build empires in the later part of the 18th to 19th centuries. That is they legacy their political class still enjoys to date.
Goodbye sir.

Well, don't quote me stupidly and accuse me of nonsense next time. You sound uneducated and your knowledge scope is limited to the over-bloated Nigerian ego. So next time, you ask questions and I'll educate, rather than make false accusations.

Yes, politically sophisticated in the Nigerian context. However, when you start making lousy claims about the whole of sub-saharan Africa, then it becomes problematic cos there are so many independent entities involved. And whatever happens in one country doesn't determine the politically landscape in the others.

Also, different colonial structures for dominance were created within the countries on the continent, hence Fulanis can dominate in Nigeria with Northern hegemony. Yet remain inconsequential in Guinea where they're the overwhelming majority. And it's the same all over the continent.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by papaejima1: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
kingwale1:

Sai Bukky
grin grin grin
take one Origin there...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Petitions UN, EU, US, UK, Russia, Israel, Over Military Operation / Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / Atiku Vs Buhari: Mc Oluomo's Poll - Final Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.