Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (93170 Views)

Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Remi Tinubu Finally Speaks At The 8th Senate, But What Exactly Did She Say? / First Day Of Sitting Of The Senate Of The 8th NASS (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

My Goodness, what part of the world are we talking aout here again?
Africa or the EU??
Thailand has no powers whatsoever in Europe but it is a force to reckon with in South-East Asia, together with Indonesia.

Na waa for some people sha. they are just so good as shifting goal posts to favour their own opinions alone.
Me I don tire for talk talk.

Again: who has the most votes in AFDB?

That's an assignment for you.

If you don't know that Western countries (EU, US, Switzerland, Sweden, Canada, Germany, France, Japan, and Italy) have the overwhelming majority of the votes in the AFDB, I can't help you. That's a Western bank with an African name on it for branding.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Well, don't quote me stupidly and accuse me of nonsense next time. You sound uneducated and your knowledge scope is limited to the over-bloated Nigerian ego. So next time, you ask questions and I'll educate, rather than make false accusations.

Yes, politically sophisticated in the Nigerian context. However, when you start making lousy claims about the whole of sub-saharan Africa, then it becomes problematic cos there are so many independent entities involved. And whatever happens in one country doesn't determine the politically landscape in the others.

Also, different colonial structures for dominance were created within the countries on the continent, hence Fulanis can dominate in Nigeria with Northern hegemony. Yet remain inconsequential in Guinea where they're the overwhelming majority. And it's the same all over the continent.

And before those colonial structures nko? ..... the Fulanis still were dominant in Northern Nigeria, as well as in Guinea. Same in Northern Cameroon.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Again: who has the most votes in AFDB?

That's an assignment for you.

If you don't know that Western countries (EU, US, Switzerland, Sweden, Canada, Germany, France, Japan, and Italy) have the overwhelming majority of the votes in the AFDB, I can't help you. That's a Western bank with an African name on it for branding.

And how did Nigeria win it's leadership, if not by convincing a large segment of Africa to vote for it's rep?
that is your own assignment, it shouldn't be too hard.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

And before those colonial structures nko? ..... the Fulanis still were dominant in Northern Nigeria, as well as in Guinea. Same in Northern Cameroon.

No, Jihad over the Hausas in only Nigeria...but they were mostly slaves. Heck, they were defeated by a lot of smaller groups in Northern Nigeria. And they never even conquered the Kanuris.

History 101. grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

No, Jihad over the Hausas in only Nigeria...but they were mostly slaves. Heck, they were defeated by a lot of smaller groups in Northern Nigeria. And they never even conquered the Kanuris.

History 101. grin

they still conquered most of northern Nigeria. They were able to politically calculate, and ally with the Hausa whom were the same people they lorded over, after they had defeated them. What else is that is not pure diplomatic skill? As for the Kanuris, the fulanis would have taken that as well, if the Brits hadn't arrive at the time they did....
Infact a lot of what is being argued in this thread is about another of their conquests, that of Ilorin. They completely overran Northern Cameroon.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by SIRANDREWS: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

the president of Benin Republic is Yoruba
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by HyperBase(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
We undertake systematic demolition of buildings/houses, disposes/cart away the rubble and rubbish at very minimal costs. Call us on 0706-4464-229 now.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

And how did Nigeria win it's leadership, if not by convincing a large segment of Africa to vote for it's rep?
that is your own assignment, it shouldn't be too hard.

Nigeria won because the EU and Western countries wanted Nigeria to have it. If they don't, it won't have happened - period.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
SIRANDREWS:
the president of Benin Republic is Yoruba

yes partially.
But congrats. smiley
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Nigeria won because the EU and Western countries wanted Nigeria to have it. If they don't, it won't have happened - period.

Now, I am sure you don't know how voting works in the Afdb.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

they still conquered most of northern Nigeria. They were able to politically calculate, and ally with the Hausa whom were the same people they lorded over, after they had defeated them. What else is that is not pure diplomatic skill? As for the Kanuris, the fulanis would have taken that as well, if the Brits hadn't arrive at the time they did....
Infact a lot of what is being argued in this thread is about another of their conquests, that of Ilorin. They completely overran Northern Cameroon.

Err, they didn't even conquer the Hausas - the Hausas were tired of their leaders, and basically gave them free passage with the jihad. They were defeated by the Kanuris more than once. I believe they also lost to the Nupes and a few other groups in central Nigeria.

And did they conquer Ilorin or was it a coup? grin I don't even want to debate this. But know they were defeated by Ibadan in Oshogbo. That's what matters.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

Now, I am sure you don't know how voting works in the Afdb.

Go check the distribution of votes with AFDB and go to be bed.

But before hand, just know you'll be heartbroken when you discover that it a Western bank - with crumbs for African countries for branding. grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Err, they didn't even conquer the Hausas - the Hausas were tired of their leaders, and basically gave them free passage with the jihad. They were defeated by the Kanuris more than once. I believe they also lost to the Nupes and a few other groups in central Nigeria.

And did they conquer Ilorin or was it a coup? grin I don't even want to debate this. But know they were defeated by Ibadan in Oshogbo. That's what matters.

lol, Fulanis sacked Oyo-Ile (Old Oyo), and yorubas lost a lot of Northern territory due to Fulani invasions. Those are facts of history.
Yes Fulanis defeated hausa, by utilizing both Military and diplomatic skills. They defeated the Hausa Kingdoms militarily, and cemented it in place with well directed diplomatic pegs.
The Etsu Bida is a Fulani man...... Also Kanuris fought Fulanis and never recovered there after, it collapsed thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Rexyl:

Hmmm. Democratic institution that works. People create institutions and make them work if they want. Now these people have created an institution which they believe can work just as you believe in yourself. Let's hope for the best from them the same way many believed in Buhari and gave him a shot.

People Create Institutions - Institutions Empower People to do the Right Thing - Are we doing the right thing or are we just so desperate for CHANGE we ignore any other thing that is not right and hope Buhari makes it to the finish line FIRST. we have successfully gotten rid of one Monumental Problem (GEJ) let us not make the mistake of leaving Governance to the personal wishes and intentions (no matter how honest) to people. When Governance Fails, it is not the Leaders that feel the burden of failure, it is the people.. Democracy is a Government of the People, by the People and For the People.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
HyperBase:
We undertake systematic demolition of buildings/houses, disposes/cart away the rubble and rubbish at very minimal costs. Call us on 0706-4464-229 now.

My landlord is a ba@#$rtad, can I pay you to demolish one of his houses in Festac grin grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Go check the distribution of votes with AFDB and go to be bed.

But before hand, just know you'll be heartbroken when you discover that it a Western bank - with crumbs for African countries for branding. grin

lol funny guy.
African countries control 60% of the voting power in Afdb, while all other countries (incluing non western ones like china, India, Arab countries etc) cntrol 40%. Fact is, Nigeria couldn't have won without Heavy African backing... that was why Nigerian diplomats were all over the continent and making endless phone calls. Infact there was even a time when a candidate not favoured by the West won the AFDB chairman seat, against western wishes... okay
So, who needs to go sleep now?

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

lol, Fulanis sacked Oyo-Ile (Old Oyo), and yorubas lost a lot of Northern territory due to Fulani invasions. Those are facts of history.
Yes Fulanis defeated hausa, by utilizing both Military and diplomatic skills. They defeated the Hausa Kingdoms militarily, and cemented it in place with well directed diplomatic pegs.
The Etsu Bida is a Fulani man...... Also Kanuris fought Fulanis and never recovered there after, it collapsed thereafter.

Lol. I already knew were you were going when you started touting the non-existent political clout of the Fulanis that's designed and oiled by the British structure- by jumping from one place to the other with your argument. grin In as much as I don't envy them and the powers they have within Nigeria - it's my responsibility to set the records.

Anyway, Fulanis never defeated Yorubas - they just outsmarted Ilorin folks. And the only battle of significance between the Yorubas and Fulanis was the one at Oshogbo, and they were soundly defeated by the Ibadan warriors. Only the Nupes defeated the Yorubas.

Before Nigeria, the Fulanis only controlled a section of the North - other places were never under their control, and they were defeated every time they tried.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

lol funny guy.
African countries control 60% of the voting power in Afdb, while all other countries (incluing non western ones like china, India, Arab countries etc) cntrol 40%. Fact is, Nigeria couldn't have won without Heavy African backing... that was why Nigerian diplomats were all over the continent and making endless phone calls. Infact there was even a time when a candidate not favoured by the West won the AFDB chairman seat, against western wishes... okay
So, who needs to go sleep now?

You mean he won without the owners of the bank, in the West, and with African votes divided into 8 candidates, no? - hysterical.

This is from a Nigerian newspaper, kid:

Adesina’s quest for the AfDB plum job began last year at the bank’s annual general meeting held in Rwanda when Kaberuka announced the completion of his tenure of office. Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala had swung into action to hold consultative discussions with other regional blocks of the bank to secure the position for Adesina.

Since then, negotiations continued to hold across the continent to secure the support of particularly the non-African shareholders, who have enormous influence on who becomes the leader of the bank.

Though Nigeria is one of the highest shareholders of the bank and also floats the Nigerian Development Fund, where it lends funds to other less fortunate African countries, she has not been able, till now, to assume the headship of the institution because of the influence of the non-African shareholders’ bloc, which is so powerful and wealthy.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/how-adesina-emerged-first-nigerian-afdb-president/

^^^Read that, especially the excerpts in bold. And thank me later. grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. I already knew were you were going when you started touting the non-existent political clout of the Fulanis that's designed and oiled by the British structure- by jumping from one place to the other with you argument. grin In as much as I don't envy them and the powers they have within Nigeria - it's my responsibility to set the records.

Anyway, Fulanis never defeated Yorubas - they just outsmarted Ilorin folks. And the only battle of significance between the Yorubas and Fulanis was the one at Oshogbo, and they were soundly defeated by the Ibadan warriors. Only the Nupes defeated the Yorubas.

Before Nigeria, the Fulanis only controlled a section of the North - other places were never under their control, and they were defeated every time they tried.

That there bro, is what political sophistication is all about.... Outsmarting people.
Before nigeria, Fulanis controlled areas in the following states.... Adamawa, Northern Taraba, Niger, Kano, Kwara, Jigawa, Sokoto, Kebbi Zamfara, Katsina, Bauchi, Gombe, Northern Kaduna, that is like almost all of the major North na ....or What makes you think that they would have been incapable of defeating pagan northern tribes if not for british presence ... just asking o. Fulanis took control of the northern 1/5th of Yoruba territory, they never had too much interest in the areas too far south. Humidity is bad for cattle and cavalry. Again I am just stating my observations.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Rexyl(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
voltron:

People Create Institutions - Institutions Empower People to do the Right Thing - Are we doing the right thing or are we just so desperate for CHANGE we ignore any other thing that is not right and hope Buhari makes it to the finish line FIRST. we have successfully gotten rid of one Monumental Problem (GEJ) let us not make the mistake of leaving Governance to the personal wishes and intentions (no matter how honest) to people. When Governance Fails, it is not the Leaders that feel the burden of failure, it is the people.. Democracy is a Government of the People, by the People and For the People.

Won't you congratulate Bukola and Ekeremadu? Though our politicians are not 100% trustworthy we just need to have a level of trust in them. Jonathan has done what he could and the landmark can not be removed. whether the present administration want it or not they must sustain some of his policies and continue where he stopped.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

That there bro, is what political sophistication is all about.... Outsmarting people.
Before nigeria, Fulanis controlled areas in the following states.... Adamawa, Northern Taraba, Niger, Kano, Kwara, Jigawa, Sokoto, Kebbi Zamfara, Katsina, Bauchi, Gombe, Northern Kaduna, that is like almost all of the major North na ....or What makes you think that they would have been incapable of defeating pagan northern tribes if not for british presence ... just asking o. Fulanis took control of the northern 1/5th of Yoruba territory, they never had too much interest in the areas too far south. Humidity is bad for cattle and cavalry. Again I am just stating my observations.

The Fulanis never had the military power and know-how to defeat anyone. They were soundly defeated by everyone, save for the Hausas who never fought them when they came with Jihad.

And if Oyo hadn't collapsed from within - there was no way in hell they would've defeated Oyo's cavalry. Heck, even Ibadan soundly defeated them. Anyway, plotting and executing a coup against traitors has absolutely nothing to do with political sophistication. Judas never needed any to usurp Jesus. grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

You mean he won without the owners of the bank, in the West, and with African votes divided into 8 candidates, no? - hysterical.

This is from a Nigerian newspaper, kid:

^^^Read that, especially the excerpts in bold. And thank me later. grin

Voting was carried out in ROUNDS, and candidates were progressively eliminated.... so once your preferred candidate is out, you get the chance for voting someone else in the next.
another evidence that you actually have no real Idea of how the voting took place.... smh
You keep harping that how could he have won without the "real owners of the bank" .... Well guess what, a winning candidate needs just 50.1% of votes. African countries control 60%, Africa + The non Western world, even more.
so yeah, Adesina might have enjoyed some western support, but Africa was crucial to his win.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by scholes0(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
Shymm3x:

The Fulanis never had the military power and know-how to defeat anyone.

Go tel that to all those Adamawa tribes who ran into the mountain tops, there they are till today and civilization has eluded them , or perhaps the Yorubas who fled their Northern lands to come settle in Ile-ife as REFUGEES and establish Modakeke there..... lol
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

Voting was carried out in ROUNDS, and candidates were progressively eliminated.... so once your preferred candidate is out, you get the chance for voting someone else in the next.
another evidence that you actually have no real Idea of how the voting took place.... smh
You keep harping that how could he have won without the "real owners of the bank" .... Well guess what, a winning candidate needs just 50.1% of votes. African countries control 60%, Africa + The non Western world, even more.
so yeah, Adesina might have enjoyed some western support, but Africa was crucial to his win.

If you don't understand how AFDB works, and that it's a Western bank, you definitely won't understand anything. I don't know how you can choose the leader without the owners sanctioning it.

Anyway, I shall acknowledge the Fulanis' political sophistication in West Africa (not sub-saharan Africa) when they finally usurp the Mandinkas in Guinea, and use their enormous population politically in that country. I don't know how you can outnumber a group by almost 2-1, yet they lord over you. That's pretty sad.

Enough of going off-topic.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shymm3x: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
scholes0:

Go tel that to all those Adamawa tribes who ran into the mountain tops, there they are till today and civilization has eluded them , or perhaps the Yorubas who fled their Northern lands to come settle in Ile-ife as REFUGEES and establish Modakeke there..... lol

Lmao...I know you were going to go there - get emotional and turn an honest observation into tears. I'm the "truthsayer", and I just can't help calling out BS. Fulanis and politics outside are like day and night - that's the honest truth.

I won't get into Yorubas vs. Fulanis with you and do the emotional cries. But don't evoke the ghost of Oyo empire, the same empire that had thousands of Fulani slaves. grin If the Baribas could defeat the Fulanis - Oyo definitely would've run over the Caliphate in Northern Nigeria, with that great cavalry, believe that. Even little Ibadan without any cavalry defeated the Fulanis.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Rexyl:

Won't you congratulate Bukola and Ekeremadu? Though our politicians are not 100% trustworthy we just need to have a level of trust in them. Jonathan has done what he could and the landmark can not be removed. whether the present administration want it or not they must sustain some of his policies and continue where he stopped.

We trusted GEJ 1050% look at where it got us, we trusted his Government 150% and they are still in Government under APC and Buhari - will it automatically CHANGE their Character and Intentions after 16-years?

A simple analogy for you there.
If you were very thirsty and I offered you the following, which would you choose. bear in mind Urine=Corrupt Government, Water=Clean Government.. ultimately, you cannot rid Nigeria of Corruption completely but note that it is like a cancer, eventually it will consume the entire body.

1: A Glass full of Urine
2: Half a glass of Urine and Half a Glass of Water
3: 3 parts Water and 1 part Urine

Chose wisely - because that is what the average Nigerian does with little thought as to the consequences on the future.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Pamcrest(f): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
GodMode:

Lolssss... Stop been sarcasticgringringrin

You know you're dealing with Nigerians that can't accept the truth.. Kwara is in the SW...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwara_State

Lolsss you're really weirdgringringrin

grin grin Bukola's a yoruba Fulani...if u nor gree, na u sabi grin grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by guyman2(m): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
mascot87:

You will be shocked that Gbajamiala will emerge as the Speaker now that the PDP have realized that they have been scammed. They will again be scammed to vote for Gbajamiala thinking that the same game is been played out. PDP members are just too clueless grin grin

Please come and lick your wound.

Useless APC tout.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by mascot87(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
guyman2:

Please come and lick your wound.

Useless APC tout.

na your father dey useless son of a foool
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Rexyl(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
voltron:

We trusted GEJ 1050% look at where it got us, we trusted his Government 150% and they are still in Government under APC and Buhari - will it automatically CHANGE their Character and Intentions after 16-years?

A simple analogy for you there.
If you were very thirsty and I offered you the following, which would you choose. bear in mind Urine=Corrupt Government, Water=Clean Government.. ultimately, you cannot rid Nigeria of Corruption completely but note that it is like a cancer, eventually it will consume the entire body.

1: A Glass full of Urine
2: Half a glass of Urine and Half a Glass of Water
3: 3 parts Water and 1 part Urine

Chose wisely - because that is what the average Nigerian does with little thought as to the consequences on the future.

May God help us to have a common front by which we can stand with one voice against bad governance. We can make it better if we can all form a formidable opposition against all forms of bad development in government.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by guyman2(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
mascot87:

na your father dey useless son of a foool

Cry me a river, you son of a bas.tardddd

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Petitions UN, EU, US, UK, Russia, Israel, Over Military Operation / Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / Atiku Vs Buhari: Mc Oluomo's Poll - Final Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.