Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,574 members, 7,850,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President (47389 Views)

PDP Senators Get Juicy Appointments As Saraki Names Committees / Olusola Adeyeye Emerges Senate Chief-Whip / Senate President: Tinubu Frustrated As Saraki Emerges Front-runner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by TheFreeOne: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
HirstMOG:

I just wish someday our politicians will learn to do away with party affiliation and work for the common good of this country after elections. How long are they going to keep playing politics with the lives of Nigerians.

I hope and pray so too but it would have been more realistic if the electorate get involved more by demanding accountability/performance from politicians/elected officials.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by AraduF90(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
lloydpras:
APC folks say PDP should learn how to be a good opposition. Today's lesson is proof APC needs to first learn how to be the ruling party..
Where is this bar man self? Bar man!! Bring two bottles of origin and isie ewu.

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by solarview(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
"The emergency but belated meeting of the APC was slated for 9am while the inauguration was scheduled to hold at 10am. However, as of 10. 56am, the APC legislators at the ICC were still waiting for the President."

When we said PMB is too old and slow... they did not believe.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by HirstMOG(m): 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
lastpage:

Let me add that the "death" of APC started when it started accepting every Tom, Dike and Hillary that decamped from the PDP, into their fold, after PMB won the election.

Common sense should have told them Oyegun, Tinubu and co that this "new embers" are not coming to the APC because they love or believe in the "change mantra" of the APC..... but just to do "Come and Chop".
The Branch breaks.... the bird flies away! .... as we say!

Its like figuratively speaking, going to bed with your worst enemy!

APC itself, the real APC, is not divided but what we have now is that "Original APC" and the "PDP metamorphosed-to-APC" members, acting out their selfish interest.

In all these, if care is not taken and urgent steps taken to strategize, there will be two main losers!

1.) Buhari, whose noble intentions and drive for a better Nigeria, will be disappointed and his image may even become rubbished. He may end-up a sort of "Arrested development".

2.) Even more importantly, Nigerians whose hope have been raised, and rightly so, will realize that though they have voted for the Candidate and party of their choice, what they have is not Change .... but that they have been "Short-Changed"!
Its will be a case of "Hand of Esau but the Voice of Jacob".

Nigerians need to be very vigilant henceforth. wink

Of-course, the SaTANoids and die-hard Jonathan's supporters whose only interest is to see "the fall of this Govt", even if it means in the process, they also fail in all aspects of their livelihood, will be back-slapping and feeling happy right now but then, only fools "cuts-off their nose, .....just to spite their face"! undecided

Lastpage!

If some persons should be boycotting party order at this early stage, how will they work together when power is in there hands I pray everyting they are doing should be to the benefit of the common Nigerian!!!
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by truthfulguy: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
You Tambuwal me. . .

I will do you twice 4 years later.

I will Saraki you and Dogara you.

Buhari needs to wake up and realize this is not the Nigeria he left behind in 1985.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by HirstMOG(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
TheFreeOne:

I hope and pray so too but it would have been more realistic if the electorate get involved more by demanding accountability/performance from politicians/elected officials.

God bless you, but most of us are blinded by hatred, we only celebrate the victory of those candidates of our choice and not their performances.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by emzila(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
whoever had been thinking another man would have won the sit is not a good observer of the new Nigeria politics. is no longer about politics, neither is it about party but about personality and ability of candidates involve. I ve long said it, the cap fits saraki and more to this, he knows how to play the game. is not about PDP. more surprises to come. which ever way it comes, I only look forward to see a better Nigeria. congrats to saraki, congrats to Nigerians.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by omoharry(f): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
This is the scenario: You were elected as the Senator of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria about three months ago. You were going to be inaugurated on the 9th
of June, 2015 by 10: am. As at 9: am, you are not present at the Senate
Chambers. As at 11am, you are still not there. You are waiting to meet the
president of the country (the executive arm of the government). Members who
were available in the house got inaugurated, went ahead and elected their
leaders. You sat at the supposed meeting venue like a duck. Your host did not
show. You came after the house has already adjourned sitting crying blue murder.
NA WA OOOO!!

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Igbos are not left out, shai Ndi Igbo.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by sweetgala(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
MyMouth:

If he decamps, he would be impeached! Wait for what's coming! Pmb refused to be involved in the whole stuff jus like he would refuse to get involed when the efcc comes after any senators. The senate president has no imunity! Mark my words .....winter is coming!

I liked Saraki but he offended me all too much today, he stabbed his brethren in the back with assistance from the people he left behind to help form this APC brotherhood
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by TheFreeOne: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
HirstMOG:

God bless you, but most of us are blinded by hatred, we only celebrate the victory of those candidates of our choice and not their performances.

We only see the periphery while we fail to discern the nitty-gritty/issues that should benefit our constituencies.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Oiselenjakhian(m): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by themodernman: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
APC is a broom, once you untie the broom holding it at the bottom it scatters.

And can we say Tinubu is d rope that was untied??
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Caseless: 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
APC is a broom, once you untie the broom holding it at the bottom it scatters.
you need help, hag!
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by preetyb(f): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Waiting to hear the current slogan. “President buhari must probe" saraki and dogari.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Ephemmm: 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:
They should be.

Of course...no need to panic. APC is after all a relatively new party.

But like I have said elsewhere....the policy of having too many captains in the APC may come back to haunt them.

Why hunting if I may ask? Is the positions their fathers' inheritance. This is the beauty of democracy joor. I pray the will of God come to pass in the interest of all Nigerians.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Alaanyihaji(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
They should be prepared for more shock because this is just the begining
Correct dear.This is just a SAMPLE of more shocks to come. A completely different ball game when you move from passenger to the driver's seat.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Caseless: 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
sweetgala:

I liked Saraki but he offended me all too much today, he stabbed his brethren in the back with assistance from the people he left behind to help form this APC brotherhood
I like saraki. But emerging via support from pdp is what is tearing me apart.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by sweetgala(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Caseless:
I like saraki. But emerging via support from pdp is what is tearing me apart.

The problem now is with this PDP help, his desire to be his own man would never be achievable.
PDP payed the fiddler and they'll choose the tune, he now has no strength either in the APC camp nor in the PDP

His only way out is to go begging the APC leadership and doing their bidding at every turn
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Gentlesoul96(m): 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmm......na wa ooo. Dis Tinubu tink we r stil playin old politics in Nigeria,well,if he dnt knw tins as totally change in Nigeria politics......Sai Saraki...!!!
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Gentlesoul96(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmm..,...Tinubu z stil playin old politics,dnt he knw tins as totally change in Nigeria politics. Sai Saraki...!!
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by zik4ever: 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that though he would have preferred that the process of electing the leaders as initiated and concluded by the All Progressives Congress (APC) had been followed, he was ready to work with the leadership of the National Assembly that emerged on Tuesday. In his reaction to the election of Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara as the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively, President Buhari said that “a constitutional process has somewhat occurred”. Buhari’s position which was conveyed in a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adeshina reiterated that his earlier statement that he had no preferred candidates in the election of the President of Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives still stands. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-expresses-reservation-on-emergence-of-speaker-senate-president/#sthash.xm0L1jg0.dpuf
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by TheFreeOne: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
sweetgala:

There are no permanent friends/enemies in politics just permanent interests. So Saraki is no exception.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
APC never chim chong ching

Sai PDP the master of the game while Oyegun and Lie mohammed will keep on studying grin grin grin

this is not a victory for PDP but victory for democracy and victory for Nigerians. PDP ruined this country cos they had presidency and the 2 legislative chambers.
We need to be like america where presidency and legislators power is in opposite directions.

We need strong and reasonable opposition to prosper as a nation and the deputy speaker from igbo is good for one Nigeria.....BUT LET US NOT FORGET THAT THE PRESIDENT HAVE VETO POWER. ANY DECISION COULD BE OVERTURNED BY VETO.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by sweetgala(m): 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
TheFreeOne:

There are no permanent friends/enemies in politics just permanent interests. So Saraki is no exception.

Those are the words of men without principle and integrity ; also known as politicians

but when would that CHANGE
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by TheFreeOne: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
sweetgala:

Those are the words of men without principle and integrity ; also known as politicians

but when would that CHANGE

Politics the world over has always been like that so do not expect any change except you are talking APCs' touted CHANGE. cheesy
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by kenchylala: 8:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
sweetgala:

The problem now is with this PDP help, his desire to be his own man would never be achievable.
PDP payed the fiddler and they'll choose the tune, he now has no strength either in the APC camp nor in the PDP

His only way out is to go begging the APC leadership and doing their bidding at every turn

That is what makes it very interesting, the power to win people and make them.buy into your ideals and support you, lobbying is that world, it's the beauty of democracy. Tinubo can't control this house like he thot. HB
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by onowighose(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
A.P.C e don red oooooo...........
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
KoredeBellosMum:
babe dey try book space for me once in a while.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Isn't it too late to cry over split milk? C'mon pick up the napkin and set about preparing another cup of milk! Good thinking is at the foundation of a good product. APC should set about (and very quickly too) learning how to manage political success. They slept through the night only to wake up at 4am screaming blue murder! The five foolish virgins sure no better! They should cultivate folks like Atiku and Donald Duke for good counterbalance come 2019.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
[size=18pt]TINUBU: “I have no comment, I have no reaction"[/size]

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by vikstandon(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
I bet we are in for a change, both in keeping to time... blame PMB for ur failure "APC"... As for the NASS assembly, they did the right thing... TIME IA IMPORTANT, WE NIGERIANS SHOULD LEARN TO KEEP TO TIME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Meets Yakubu Jimoh John, The Pap Producer / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels / 2023: Kola Abiola Declare Interest In Running For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.