Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President (47373 Views)

PDP Senators Get Juicy Appointments As Saraki Names Committees / Olusola Adeyeye Emerges Senate Chief-Whip / Senate President: Tinubu Frustrated As Saraki Emerges Front-runner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by jorlons(m): 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
AnneMomoh:

knife?
undecided
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by TheFreeOne: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
lloydpras:
APC folks say PDP should learn how to be a good opposition. Today's lesson is proof APC needs to first learn how to be the ruling party..

PDP teaching APC politics since 1999. E be like... PDP telling APC..

See as we dey look una. We be mate Una no dey look face grin

5 Likes

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
TINUBU, let the game begin..
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by ceeethru(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
season one, the film has just began. PDP get mafias sha.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by HirstMOG(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
A house divided against itself can never and will never stand. Take Law makers out of this issue, if APC as a party can not at this early stage make unanimous decision at the Federal level which suppose to be the head, they are doomed to fail soon. I can smell breaking off of some strong members of the APC sooner than later which will give the oppositions opportunity to explore their loop holes.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki played a sneaky one on APC.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by ajani1978(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Do not shock, but congrats the Senate president. Bukola Saraki.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Obiwannn: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
hahaahahaahaahah

APC!!!!!!!
[size=20pt]CHANGE!!!!!!![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by yooglodotcom: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
I for one like the mix

Please lets allow the economy to come alive again. Everything has been on standstill due to this transition. It should be over now and let us get to work.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by lifter(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
jorlons:
It is safe to say that the senate will be under the control of the PDP. I see Saraki decamping to the PDP and I pray he does so as soon as possible. We cannot have selfish traitors in our midst.

For your dream
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by blank(f): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
I find it very strange that Buhari, who is a stickler for time, could call for a 9am meeting and did not show up till they left by 11am.

Maybe he was part of the plot to whittle down Tinubu's influence.

3 Likes

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
The next step is to impeach the Daura President and Tinubu's Boi Boi and make Saraki the next President. Watch and Learn!

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Forwetinnah: 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dem shock?? Who electrocute them?? How many Megawatts?? Nepa you??!! tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by zeefa: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nigeria politics is just full of nonsense. I'm not sure something good is coming anytime soon. They are all shouting of CHANGE! PMB came into power and nothing is happening. I was expecting him to have taken charge and name his cabinet members and remove all those pot belly security chiefs. But nothing has been done.

Let them continue... until they eliminate all those political gladiators! There will never be any CHANGE in Nigeria.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Forwetinnah: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
blank:
I find it very strange that Buhari, who is a stickler for time, could call for a 9am meeting and did not show up till they left by 11am.

Maybe he was part of the plot to whittle down Tinubu's influence.

Intergrity speaking. ....lmfao
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Firefire(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
fitzmayowa:
Lawan and his supporter have themselves to blame for their carelessness, why the national assembly complex to go and wait PMB that is not a senator elect

Sai Saraki has just shown tinubu and the other party leaders how to execute a coup...cheesy

Another "civilian coup"

“If you're really a mean person you're going to come back as a fly and eat poop.” - Kurt Cobain

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahaha

ROFL!!!

For all those that love the GoT series movies , add me up on bbm and join our movie group for interesting interactions! cheesy

27602B95
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by baralatie(m): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
shock? which type of shock,electric or lighting?
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by mkdboy: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
What are they talking about? was the Inauguration just fixed for today? Why would they fix a meeting on the same time as that of the inauguration ?
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by omoharry(f): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
jorlons:
It is safe to say that the senate will be under the control of the PDP. I see Saraki decamping to the PDP and I pray he does so as soon as possible. We cannot have selfish traitors in our midst.
hahahaha!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue so e dey pain!!..haba na! i thought, you guys were busy jubilating and receiving decampees from PDP as familes, case study..TAMBUWA..then you did not see them as traitors ooo!..HYPOCRISY AT IT PEAK AMONG APC AND THEIR SUPPORTERS. THE LAW OF KARMA IS FINALLY CATCHING UP WITH U GUYS...MAKE UNA NO WORRY...YOU GUYS ARE IN FOR A RUDE SHOCK.HIHI grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
we told them apc is a scam, they refused! we told them apc has its foundation on solid lies and thus cant stand the test of time, they refused! we told them apc aint no change but an accident going somewhere to happen, again they refused! and now, after their brainless baba onechance returned from his arround the world in 80 days tour and refused an ambassador audience for coming 15 mins late, the same brainless dullasd baba onechance fail to keep to time and hey, election of senate president came and went without them being present! ha ha ha this apc and buhari are more than clueless and brainless! they are dead and undone! let the in_house fighting continue, we know apc is a scam! 6 months from now and buhari and apc will be hated and mocked! watching events unfold via my 3d smart tv

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
something seems not clear to me here plz, wasn't Saraki elected too on d platform of APC y was he not at d ICC?

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Chibokgame: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hallow chambers.
Was built for the Senate
And not the
International conference center.

Tunibu should take note.

Anyway,
That was a good acting.
And they should increase the voltage for more shock.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by BornnAgainChild(f): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
gbaskiboy:
Which kind light shock them? Na NEPA or GEN light?

Solar grin

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by ybalogs(m): 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pls Nairalanders, borrow me a title for this interesting thriller. game of thrones would have been perfect but we need our Nigeria caption.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by billyG(m): 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
All Pdp know how 2 do is mago mago,cheating,how can 49 senators elect an SP,ekeremadu as dep.sen.prsndt again?
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Are u shock too?
kelechiMarie:
cheesy shock!!! Hio hio hio
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by GreatEngineer(m): 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC should learn to manage this crisis well else Saraki and his supporters will decamp to PDP thereby making PDP majority in the house and that will make them to produce senate president.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by abtmaviz(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omooba77:
A scheduled meeting between leaders of the All Progressives Congress, President Mohammadu Buhari and members of the National Assembly, elected on the party’s platform, ended abruptly on Tuesday.

This followed the emergence of Senator Bukola Saraki as President of the 8th Senate.

The party leaders and some elected Senators and members of the House of Representatives were at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, waiting for Buhari, when news filtered in that the Senate had been inaugurated and that Saraki had emerged unopposed.

As if this was not enough, Senator Ike Ekweremadu of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party defeated Senator Ali Ndume of the APC to clinch the slot of Deputy Senate President.

The emergency but belated meeting of the APC was slated for 9am while the inauguration was scheduled to hold at 10am. However, as of 10. 56am, the APC legislators at the ICC were still waiting for the President.

The notice of meeting, which was circulated, partly read, “The President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, will address all Senators and House of Representatives members-elect of the All Progressives Congress at 9am this morning Tuesday, the 9th of June, at the International Conference Centre, Abuja. All concerned must endeavour to attend this meeting.”

Party leaders had convened the emergency meeting as part of a last ditch effort to unite the party ahead of the election of principal officers of the National Assembly.

All efforts by the party to resolve the conflict between Senator Bukola Saraki and his supporters on the one hand, and Senator Ahmed Lawan and his supporters on the hand, failed.

In a shadow election, held last Saturday, the APC announced Ahmed Lawan and Femi Gbajabiamila as its sole candidates for the Senate Presidency and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively.

It also announced Senator George Akume and Mohammed Mungono as sole candidates for the positions of Deputy President of the Senate and Deputy Speaker respectively.

The party leaders of the party had hoped that a pep talk from the President himself could save the day.

This was not to be as news of happenings within the National Assembly Complex jolted party leaders as they all rushed into their waiting vehicles and headed for the National Assembly.

On his way out of the ICC, National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, said he had no comment or reaction on the happening at the Senate.

“I have no comment, I have no reaction,” he added.

APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun said, “We just watched it (on television) but we will address you when the whole situation has been re-examined.

Orv cos he has no comment wetin hin want comment abt sef

#NoTogodfatherism
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by peeparty(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
dem never shuck finish e remain one election.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by TheFreeOne: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
HirstMOG:
A house divided against itself can never and will never stand. Take Law makers out of this issue, if APC as a party can not at this early stage make unanimous decision at the Federal level which suppose to be the head, they are doomed to fail soon. I can smell breaking off of some strong members of the APC sooner than later which will give the oppositions opportunity to explore their loop holes.

Guy are you surprised I am not and it is expected cos there are too many selfish vested interests in APC. So many power brokers jostling for relevance and positions.
Re: APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President by Obijulius: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
They were at international conference center waiting for Karo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Uzodimma’s House Set Ablaze in His Hometown, Omuma / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Militants Threaten To Attack Niger-Delta Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.