Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives (76743 Views)

Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward / Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal / Ike Ekweremadu Emerges Deputy-Senate President Of 8th Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by chronique(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
What nonsense are you saying? Am I the one that asked the APC not to control their members until they went out to show the world that they are actually a party without discipline?
adanny01:

It is people like you that has pushed PDP into committing various kinds on impunity causing stunted growth of our democracy for 16yrs. That Buhari and APC allowed democracy win, does not mean they are weak or have no interest in their party.

Let Nigerians be proud that our stunteddemocracy has suddenly grown wings. Thanks to APC.

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
The called ndi igbo fools for aligning with PDP, the said that we should stick to trade and stay away from politics. Now who has the last laugh, as usual the North would use them like tissue paper and flush them in the toilet... I guess ibos are wise after all. Watch this deputy speaker would BE FROM SOUTH SOUTH or SOUTHEAST cool

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by brownlord: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
onatisi:
you are very very correct. The same thing I have always been telling ppl too that buhari will disappoint the south west and tinubu. The allowed tinubu and amaechi to waste their billions . Even before buhari swearing in many power brokers have been telling to realize that it is the northern votes that won him the election and not the south west votes. With the way things are now ,tinubu is virtually back to being in the opposition. The next game plan of atiku and the northern causus will be finding ways to remove key party executives loyal to tinubu. in fact ,the north will take over apc and there is nothing tinubu will be able to do about it .

Bro, tinubu is finished, I'm surprised people are looking at the speakership and senate president election from party angle, the north has completely achieve their aim and tinubu is now useless, I mean useless, if he dare raise his head right now, his file will be open and he knows what that means.

The sophisticated region are not as smart as I thought for all I know, Osibanjo is just a domestic staff in Aso rock right now.

Tinubu invested wrongly this time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by babs01(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
jerome4u:
My guy is not a matter holding all the position, what is the living condition of the average northerner ?
ask google
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by PassingShot(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Choose their leadership by intervening? I saw your earlier analysis regarding "interference and intervention"

He intervened but failed.

How does intervening in a crisis so that it doesn't divide the party translate to supporting a camp against another one?

And you lied by saying he intervened but failed when all reporting outlets said he didn't attend the meeting.

Ol boy, I don tire for your case today o.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by mentorken05(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Its beginning to look as if Nigeria belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody....this is what we call democracy in action

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
I

am

DEVASTATED!!!angry

Please don't be devstd.
You shud be happy PMB did not interfere these razmatazz...most important thing is apc is head in the two chambers.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by ayoromer: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
this is d reward of d gangup against jona tinubu etoo south south wil join d north for payback yorubas wooow this is d begining of d game tinubu spent n fail apc fail buhari fail pdp excellent.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by BLOTRS: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Balkan:
No SS or SE would vote for a yoruba man in any election
seconded!

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by PassingShot(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
That is one thing I still find very hard to understand... What exactly are they jubilant about The party I support controls both chambers, so what's with the taunting?? cheesy

Perhaps there is something they are privy to which we aren't. smiley
@ emboldened, let's wait and see to know why they celebrate. Perhaps it is more than the psychological victory derived from defeating Tinubu's candidates.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Mogidi: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

How does intervening in a crisis so that it doesn't divide the party translate to supporting a camp against another one?

And you lied by saying he intervened but failed when all reporting outlets said he didn't attend the meeting.

Ol boy, I don tire for your case today o.

Only when it became apparent Saraki was having none of it. Anyway, lets agree to disagree on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by specco(m): 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
VirginFinder:

You must be very pathetic!
How can you compare me with no 2 and 3 with yourself,a slavish no 5.
If anyone is pained, it should be Tinubu.Go and read my previous thread on Yoruba emergence as either Senate President or Speaker.

Still proud of Gbaja though. No ibo man can ever pull 174 votes through against a northerner despite his tribe (ibo) having gotten no 2 and 3.

I love the north even more for this. They kept faith with Femi to the very end. And they even nominated him when it seemed Dogara was coasting home unopposed.

The agelong deputies(ibos) remain the slaves here.

The yorubas were used big time by the Hausa/Fulani just to return power back to the North. Now that they achieved their goal the sw has been tossed aside and even more to come. Jagaban wings have been completely clipped except for one or two ministerial slots that Pmb will pitiably grant him.
As for the Igbos you foolishly slighted, Did you in your wildest imagination envisage an Igbo man being the senate Deputy President in this 8th assembly? That's the spirit of Ndigbo for you, being able to sprout against all odds.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by zik4ever: 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
I think voting is on now for the Deputy Speaker? Please who are the candidates?
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by otokx(m): 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
Its Osun versus Borno for position of deputy speaker.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by iiiyyyk(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2015

MY HEART IS FILLED WITH JOY TODAY.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, WESTERNERS STARTED INSULTNG EVERY EASTERNER, EVEN THOSE OF US THE SURPORTED AND CAMPAIGN FOR PMB.

I FELT SO BAD AND EMBARRASED,

IT NOW DOWN ON MANY THAT WESTERNERS SEEM TO BE NURTURING A SECRET AGENDA. OR IS THIS JUST A MANIFESTION OF JEALOUSY/ HATRAD?
I READ ALL KIND OF INSULTING ARTICLES, TRUELY I FELT INSULTED.

My SUPPORT FOR PMB WILL NOT CHANGE. BUT WE MUST SIDELINE TINUBU, OSIBANJO AND HIS LOUD MOUTHED PEOPLE.

WHEN ABIOLA SAID I CAN DO WITHOUT IGBOS, WE KNOW WHERE HE ENDED. ITS NOT OVER.

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
[quote author=babs01 post=34594534]President...North
Senate president...North
Speaker .... North

we are born to rule.......
how market southerners?
[/quote

This confirms what Maitama sule said some decades back
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by TOMIWACHAMPION(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
OGBOMOSO NORTH, SOUTH AND ORIIRE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by DanielPop(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
AND TRUST DIED!

Even amongst thieves there is honour! If both agree to go out and rob a bank then share the spoils 50-50. Let it be so. But when after robbing the bank successfully, one of the thief sees the other as a power that MUST be whittled down thereby denying him his legitimate spoil, you can be rest assured that that alliance is heading fast for the rocks. That is how policemen sometimes apprehend criminals. Not through the intelligence of a smart officer but through intelligence supplied by the aggrieved thief.

The major casualty today is not the players whose roles have charted a new course in our democracy. It is trust. Yes, trust is the casualty. Effectively, there's NO MORE TRUST in the APC. I hope you remember that where there's no trust, there's no relationship. It will be interesting after this to see Tinubu, Buhari and others backslap, hug, laugh heartily and hold arms without bitterness in their hearts. Honestly, it is not possible. No man loses investment worth billions to a fraudster yet remain good friends!

APC will try to heal their wounds and pull together again but if you have ever played politics, at whatever level before, you will know that the peace in APC will be that of the graveyard! Once egos are bruised, revenge is inevitable. Saraki knows this. Dogara knows this. Tinubu knows this.

Today, the PDP succeeded in exposing the underbelly of the state of the APC as regards it's preparedness for power. Close to 80 days after the APC was swept into power on their strange chant of "chanji" there's no sign that they even know what they are doing. Close to 80 days after winning an election, they could not pull through a horse trading deal for who gets what, when and how. They cannot articulate a list of Ministers to serve our fatherland. To cap it all, they went sheepishly to a meeting called at the ICC Abuja without so much as a rear guard watching this closely and giving them feedback. To think that Tinubu et al had to be scrambling for their cars to race back to NASS in shock beats any sane mind. These are supposed to be the people some Nigerians gave the mandate to govern them, yet had NO CLUE of a political coup unfolding under their noses. How can you trust these same people to protect Nigeria in troubled times God forbid! That Buhari travelled to Chad at the same time Osinbajo was in Sudan, when there were NO ELECTED leaders from the Senate or House of Representatives, no SGF nothing! Nigeria was effectively on auto pilot during this period? What!!! And at a time when Boko Haram was wrecking havoc??

Clearly, the APC is simply not ready to govern, perhaps due to its very nature of being a motley collection of the good, the bad and the ugly. Why won't i say so when it took the PDP 16 years to implode but took the APC only TWO WEEKS to press the self-destruct button! And you mock the PDP? Is this the "chanji" that PDP warned you about? If it is, then you are in trouble.

Next steps: are we going to see subterranean realignment of political interests from APC to PDP or to a new party or back to ACN or CPC for that matter? Keeping my fingers crossed and enjoying the political delicacy served up by politicians.

Note: A young turk in politics is becoming discernible. Give it up for my friend, Abdulmumin Jubril. He somehow picks his fight carefully and HE WINS them. Guy, one gbosa for you!

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by temitemi1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Tinubu, Nigeria is not Lagos State grin grin grin
barcanista:
How did we forget Temitemi1, Truckpusher, Dearpreye Agabai23 Komek Scholes007 NDPVF
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Belmot(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hehehe! APC got served...... When they did theirs in 2011 against Mulikat they forgot payback is a b1tch.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by zik4ever: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
otokx:
Its Osun versus Borno for position of deputy speaker.
Really? Then the Osun guy will get it because Borno is from the North East as the new Speaker.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by papap1900: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Interesting turn of events! Nigeria my country!
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by iiiyyyk(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2015

IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, WESTERNERS STARTED INSULTING EVERY EASTERNER, EVEN THOSE OF US THE SURPORTED AND CAMPAIGN FOR PMB.

IT NOW DOWN ON MANY THAT WESTERNERS SEEM TO BE NURTURING A SECRET AGENDA. OR IS THIS JUST A MANIFESTION OF JEALOUSY/ HATRAD?

My SUPPORT FOR PMB WILL NOT CHANGE. BUT WE MUST SIDELINE TINUBU, OSIBANJO AND HIS LOUD MOUTHED PEOPLE.

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Ugik(m): 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
babs01:

lol e pain u
hahahahahaha..lmfao..sori to disappoint you bro but it didnt.i was just checkmating your stupidity as a fellow nigerian ought to do.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by onatisi(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
brownlord:

Bro, tinubu is finished, I'm surprised people are looking at the speakership and senate president election from party angle, the north has completely achieve their aim and tinubu is now useless, I mean useless, if he dare raise his head right now, his file will be open and he knows what that means.

The sophisticated region are not as smart as I thought for all I know, Osibanjo is just a domestic staff in Aso rock right now.

only god knows who taught buhari this kind of politics , I won't be surprised if obj and atiku had given buhari tips and lessons on how to curtail tinubu. Now what is left for tinubu ? Absolutely nothing!!! ,buhari has no reason whatsoever to listen to him since he can't influence the senate or house. Well he still has amosun and aregbesola to console himself . Amaechi will switch his loyalty to buhari and from all indications fashola and fayemi seems to have dumped tinubu and his faction I won't be surprised if more prominent yoruba apc leaders and party men dump tinubu and move along with fashola and fayemi thereby creating another power bloc within the south west apc.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by olutunde12(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
adanny01:

It is people like you that has pushed PDP into committing various kinds on impunity causing stunted growth of our democracy for 16yrs. That Buhari and APC allowed democracy win, does not mean they are weak or have no interest in their party.

Let Nigerians be proud that our stunteddemocracy has suddenly grown wings. Thanks to APC.

APC allowed democracy to win and were shocked when they heared something happened against there wish? Sorry, it was bigger than them. That is all.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
babs01:
President...North
Senate president...North
Speaker .... North

how market southerners?
has the SE ever won an election ever before think abt it. let them continue to rule
one Nigeria.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by studyexec: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
I would really say the north has done that.

From the likely voting pattern, only 7 APC senators appeared to have enhanced Saraki's unopposed outcome, while about 60 additional Reps from APC supported Speaker Dogara. Not all of them came from the core north. So as a party, APC still has majority of its members in unity.

But, its just a case of poor management of the issue by APC, if they are even allowed to manage it.

brownlord:

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by jossyj: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
babs01:
President...North
Senate president...North
Speaker .... North

how market southerners?

Biafra Biafra Biafra Biafra Biafra Biafra Biafra Biafra
just watch out soon and see if you can come back with the same question

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by justmenoni: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
My respect for barcanista keeps growing day by day..I swear we have lots of talents(not referring to some kindergarten singer's who can't even stand ozzybosco or rasqie) here on Nairaland......Barcanista tuale my oga....

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
iiiyyyk:

IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, WESTERNERS STARTED INSULTED EVERY EASTERNER, EVEN THOSE OF US THE SURPORTED AND CAMPAIGN FOR PMB.

What's bad is they rule Nigeria r they not Nigerians beside we still prefer them to ur people
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by ideylaff: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
UncleJudax:
Where are the mammyfuckers that were belittling the power of PDP...who is the Boss now.

-CreamJudax grin

Not really, if the wall does not have a gap in it, the lizard won't find a space to crawl into

It's Bukola who decided to dine with PDP to fulfil his own ambition

If he was going to be fair and had balls why did he not wait for a full Nass before voting started

All of them are the same, they will all suffer for it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Twitter Poll Between Buhari & Atiku- See Who's Leading / Wike, Ibori, Makinde In Closed Door Meeting With Tinubu(picture) / Police Recover Arms, Charms From Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally Protesters (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.