Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives (76750 Views)

Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward / Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal / Ike Ekweremadu Emerges Deputy-Senate President Of 8th Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by millionaireman: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
babs01:
President...North
Senate president...North
Speaker .... North

we are born to rule.......
how market southerners?

With 3 senators drawn from each state - and nearly the same formula for choosing legislators in the House of Reps. - and with north's 17 state Houses of Assembly, north of Nigeria holds a near veto power on what must happen in Nigeria - it must win any competition; no political restructuring can pass in the National Assembly, etc.

South of Nigeria was raaapeeeed to bleeding point when northern soldiers proliferated undue 19 states and Abuja in the once one northern region, but only 17 states in the once two southern regions. Land mass has never been used as criterion to create federating units in any federal country - except in Nigeria.

Yakubu Gowon who started state creation lamented about three years ago that state creation was ultimately hijacked to create a super political class - of course, in the north of Nigeria.

But the irony of it all is that when people in the southeast ask for additional state to have a semblance of equity in political representation between the north and south, it is usually the sophisticated?? Yoruba led by Raji Fashola that leads any objection.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by ZUBY77(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
babs01:
President...North
Senate president...North
Speaker .... North

how market southerners?

Another idiooot. We know how North Kwara State is.
Plus We know where development lies between North and South.

When you grow up, ask your father why North claims to be rulers while South has all the money.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by brownlord: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Realconfo:
You guys need to learn about reverse psychology, PDP played directly the way APC wanted them to play, they knew PDP will support whoever they opposed. Lawan and Gbaja were just props. Now VP/SP(Yoruba) while Presido/Speaker (Hausa/Fulani). For you to understand politics, you need to look beyond regions. The way i see it, PDP just buried themselves more, why did APC announce their supposed candidates after the mock election. Normally parties do not have chosen candidates, you just put your name, campaign and the whole house votes. So they created the illusion of a broken party because they knew PDP will always vote against them.51 APC members did not vote at all today, why is that? PDP keeps burying themselves politically, David Mark and Bukola have totally different ideas (the Open NASS situation),Lawan would have worked better with David Mark. PDP need to start using their head cause we still need them. To all those who thinks Tinubu lost, i am laughing cause Tinubu's main purpose is to control government without being directly involved with it, So if Tinubu and Bukola are in cohorts, you can't blame Tinubu for Bukola's actions cause he did not publicly endorse him, Do you know what goes on behind close doors? All these will not affect them, it will affect us, the citizens.

Keep deceiving yourself

8 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by hedonistic: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
It would have been insensitive to Nigeria's delicate ethno-regional configuration to have the South West produce occupants of two of the top 4 most important positions in the pecking order of government in Nigeria. It would have been even more ridiculous and unacceptable that these two individuals (Osibanjo and Gbajabiamila) are servants and loyalists of one megalomaniac godfather holed up somewhere in Lagos. Nigeria is too big for such nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by amakaffy: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mistermamus:
haha nothing for SW and Tinubu lol wen u betrayed oda regions n were voting for northern president dey were happy now dey av being used and dumped with support of PDP(SS and SE) by d north lol now north will realign with SS and SE am lovin' this. omo Yoruba make Una dey continue mumu dey follow Tinubu and obj. obj sold a region out am sure buhari will be happy with d outcome sef. just watch d drama unfold ministers will come from SS SE and northern regions. a % will go to SW if dey are lucky.
Ode who u SE/SS they follow...clueless GEJ?
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by coruso(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kx:
So much for one Nigeria.

South south and south east are d losers in this whole power tussle simply because we voted my brother my party against political calculations, conscience and strategic thinking
S/S and S/E knew the lost it all when GEJ lost the election, however the felt betrayed by the S/W hence, the emergence of Dogara

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Humble77(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Still uploading ..............! APC vs PDP. PDP is now growing small. APC beware............! Make hay while the sun is still shining.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by specco(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
HNIC:
I am shocked at posts here.
PDP members celeberating APC victories.
Am I missing something here?
The celeberations are like PDP just won the presidential elections...SMH
Saraki and Dagoru are APC memebers

The Pdp stated yesterday who their choices were among the contesters and today they put their feet down against the candidates of the jagaban as he's being called.The Pdp also paid back the defunct Acn the Tambuwal style. That's victory sweeter than honey.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

ROTFL cheesy Na Joke nagrin
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Mogidi: 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
onatisi:
bros believe me , apc is gradually slipping away from the grips of tinubu faster than he thought. Buhari seems to have renege on his promises just like oba akiolu warned some few weeks back that all isn't well between buhari and tinubu. The way it is now ,tinubu faction is now in the minority . Atiku ,kwankwanso,david mark,akpabio and co now call the shots . The northern apc has 16 state govs while tinubu south west has just 3. Tinubu no longer controls the senate nor the house of reps as far as politics is concerned ,tinubu seems to have finally outlived his usefulness.

1mil Likes.
I always enjoy your analysis.

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Walelavender(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Wow! Buhari's non-interest in the Red and Green Chambers has paid off. However, he might have shot himself in the foot by this singular action. Just as Na'aba gave OBJ hbp,PMB may not be able to escape this with the PDP goons in the house. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by brownlord: 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
millionaireman:

With 3 senators drawn from each state - and nearly the same formula for choosing legislators in the House of Reps. - and with north's 17 state Houses of Assembly, north of Nigeria holds a near veto power on what must happen in Nigeria - it must win any competition; no political restructuring can pass in the National Assembly, etc.

South of Nigeria was raaapeeeed to bleeding point when northern soldiers proliferated undue 19 states and Abuja in the once one northern region, but only 17 states in the once two southern regions. Land mass has never been used as criterion to create federating units in any federal country - except in Nigeria.

Yakubu Gowon who started state creation lamented about three years ago that state creation was ultimately hijacked to create a super political class - of course, in the north of Nigeria.

But the irony of it all is that when people in the southeast ask for additional state to have a semblance of equity in political representation between the north and south, it is usually the Yoruba led by Fashola that leads any objection.

Good one, Yoruba are the problem we have in south and Nigeria in general

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by taharqa: 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omenka, passingshot, obiagelli, etc....

How una dey?? grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by fulanimafia: 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mogidi:

GBAM!!
The CPC wing of APC are now in complete control.

This is what I was trying to make Barcanista understand. APC strong gidi-gba. Tinubu is not APC, his powers had to be whittled down.

https://www.nairaland.com/2367745/hausa-fulani-political-machinery-strikes

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by CSTR2: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
brownlord:

Keep deceiving yourself
I am not aligned to any party and i am not residing in Nigeria, so it is none of my business who wins. I am just saying it the way i see it.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by ZUBY77(m): 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
kestolove95:
SORRY YORUBA D BIG LOOSERS

Left with one Redeemed Pastor as their only candidate in Abuja.
This is unfair after every support they drummed for Buhari.

We saw it coming anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by otr1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
wordychap:
Make una give south south deputy speaker na, haba
To SW it goes.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
babs01:
President...North
Senate president...North
Speaker .... North

how market southerners?
Ask south west

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
taharqa:
Omenka, passingshot, obiagelli, etc....
How una dey?? grin grin grin
We are fine and enjoying Buhari's presidency
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Olaone1: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Heheheheehe. Tinubu empire crumbling oo. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by neocortex: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
saaedlee:
APC!!!

A win for him is still a win for our dear Party;APC and it is an indication that this country is moving forward unlike previous assemblies when we have "selection" instead of "elections" for NASS Speakers!

Sorry , I don't like people grieving a lone but I like you because you summoned courage to accept defeat via deceitful joy.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by ZUBY77(m): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
Balkan:
No SS or SE would vote for a yoruba man in any election

Exactly, since the Yorubas decided that voting for northerners is better, the SS and SE followed suit.

9 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Olaone1: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:

We are fine and enjoying Buhari's presidency
Hahahaha. Quotable quote cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by BlackHuman(m): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
Obviously, there's some Bad-Blood in the air rightnow, I just hope all the stakeholders handle dis tin with maturity....This should not turn to another fiasco, like we witnessed in d Rivers-State house of assembly sometime ago.....Besides, I tink it'll make sense if d loosing candidates come out and congratulate the winners to reduce any unnecessary tension.
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by mekadinho(f): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
Barcanista... U r a genius.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Olaone1: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZUBY77:

Left with one Redeemed Pastor as their only candidate in Abuja.
This is unfair after every support they drummed for Buhari.

We saw it coming anyway.
You bad oo
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by zik4ever: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Next questions from me -when will Dogara's deputy be elected? Who is he or she? Is it a PDP or APC member? Is he or she from South West, East or South South? Ha ha. Welcome to change jor!
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by nwadiuko1(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZUBY77:

Another idiooot. We know how North Kwara State is.
Plus We know where development lies between North and South.

When you grow up, ask your father why North claims to be rulers while South has all the money.
am a southerner but seriously he is fvcking right
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by strongerthaneva(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
anonimi:

Chai, see painment grin

He no pain but the way u guys are just useless to the nation is the issue..Hpuse that can't stand alone after they destroyed their house they looking for where to destroy again..PDP is just a tin bag sack the will be tear to pieces more soon..
Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

It worth celebrating my people.

CHEERS

Re: Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives by superstar1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
shizzle11:
bwauahahahahaha I hope some people will not drink poison tonight. Where is gbawe, mayorofLagos, passing shot, oduavanguard, eshinwere, superstar1, 1stola, manmountain, aresa, pangea, iyalode, chamboy, midolian, ilugunboy, pentiumpro ant the host of other useless loudmouthed yoloba maggots??

oya come and run ya mouths here grin fvking bunkums cheesygrin;DD

President Fulani

VP Yoruba

SP Yoruba

Speaker Kanuri

CJN Hausa.

#lobatan.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Twitter Poll Between Buhari & Atiku- See Who's Leading / Police Recover Arms, Charms From Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally Protesters (Photo) / Wike, Ibori, Makinde In Closed Door Meeting With Tinubu(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.