Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal (33737 Views)

Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward / Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Compare And Contrast_which Service Chief Is More Competent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Splashme: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
The Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, on Monday admitted to supporting Yakubu Dogara over Femi Gbajabiamila, to clinch the Speakership of the House of Representatives.

Mr. Tambuwal, who is the immediate past Speaker of the House, said Mr. Dogara was more competent and had better leadership skills.
Mr. Dogara is more competent, accommodating and more capable to lead than Mr. Gbajabiamila, Mr. Tambuwal said, and added “sentiments have to be put aside”.

Messrs Dogara won the election to become Speaker the 8th House of Representatives despite stiff opposition from his party, the All Progressives Congress that supported Mr. Gbajabiamila.

Speaking for the first time on his role in the election, Mr. Tambuwal, said “the issue of competence led eight out of 10 members of the body of Principal Officers of the 7th Assembly” to endorse Mr. Dogara.
He said this when leaders of Sayawa Community of Bogoro and Tafawa Balewa Local Government Areas of Bauchi State paid him a “thank you” visit to show appreciation to him for supporting Mr. Dogara to become speaker.

Mr. Tambuwal’s admission has now put to rest speculations on whether he supported Mr. Dogara or played a neutral role during the jostling for the nation’s number four position.

Many had expected Mr. Tambuwal to support Mr. Gbajabiamila’s bid given the Lagos lawmaker’s role in his emergence as Speaker of the 7th Assembly. But ironically, he supported Mr. Dogara who opposed his ambition to become Speaker at the time.

But while explaining the reason for his action, he said, [b]“the survival of the legislature as an important arm of government made it imperative that competent hands are headhunted to be its leaders”.
“Eight out of ten members of the Body of Principal Officers in the last Assembly supported Dogara’s aspiration,” he said. “Only Hon Femi (Gbajabiamila) and Hon Datti Ahmad supported Femi.”
“I have strong affinity with Hon Femi. He was closer to me than Dogara. But when talking about leadership and collective decisions, sentiments have to be put aside. I’m not here to tell you that my support made Dogara the Speaker, no. Two things made Dogara to become the Speaker, one is God and two, Dogara’s competence.
He continued, “The acknowledgement of Dogara’s competence did not start with me. It started from the time of Hon Patricia and Etteh and Hon Dimeji Bankole when they entrusted him with a sensitive position of the Chairman of House Services Committee.
“The committee is one of the most sensitive in the legislature. Apart from taking care of the welfare of members, the committee oversees all procurement processes. As the Speaker, I only did what my predecessors did by giving Dogara this sensitive position.
“No person, as far as I know, has ever served as chairman of the House Services committee in two dispensations. Dogara broke that jinx. All through my tenure, I brought Dogara close to me because I found in him a person who is competent, accommodating, and with capacity to lead.
“Anyone doubting Dogara’s ability to lead, should ask members of the 7th Assembly how he handled their matter. So we supported Dogara not for any reason but because he was competent to deliver on any task given to him.”[/b]

In his remarks, the paramount ruler of Sayawa, Gung Zaar (select), Ishaku Komu, thanked Mr. Tambuwal for reviving the age-long relationship between Bauchi and Sokoto States, saying the entire community will forever be grateful for the confidence shown to their kinsman.
Mr. Tambuwal responded, saying, “The relationship between people of Sokoto and Bauchi States was amplified in the First Republic when the first Prime Minister of Nigeria, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa worked in harmony with the leader of his party and then Premier of Northern Nigeria, Sir Ahamdu Bello.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188141-why-i-supported-dogara-for-speaker-gov-tambuwal.html

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
Well said Tambuwal!! We can not allow a puppet to preside over any arm of the NASS.That can only happen in the amala region

160 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by JingoOAU(m): 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
Oro pesi je ooo

Oro di hunnnnnn...Oro di hunnnn
Oro pesi je ooo...Oro di hun

It's a pity same Gbaja was d arrowhead that saw to tambuwal being the speaker....

Politics and politicians are unpredictable

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Gerryboy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Wat goes around cums around

8 Likes

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by idgerrard(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
FP
Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by dunkem21(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
I agree totally with the "Traitor in Chief" grin

Femi, though intelligent, is proud, arrogant and too forward ..virtues missing in a worthy leader ..I remember those days of mass defections and the way he wanted to foist himself as majority leader against subsisting court rulings that status quo be maintained ..

Before, you call me a Wailer, ..Tambuwal said so grin

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by calmbabadee(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Mr tambuwal, remember that just as in this very case of Gbajabiamila,what goes around comes around.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by atlwireles: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
Did you expect him to say any different, as Buhari once said, Abacha is not corrupt. I hope their almajiri slaves and sai masturbators are happy now.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Dr. Martin Luther King

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Nelkoko: 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hahhahah.....yoruba una don see unaslf?North is not ur frnd y not try East dats close?.......hahhahahaa

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by dunkem21(m): 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
lalasticlala ..you don sleep?

4 Likes

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Nelkoko: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Long distance relationship can never work dats wat i learnt from Nairaland Romancelanders........

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by coolestrogue(m): 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
Never trust an a*boki, "once bitten, twice shy", but my westerners don't want to learn.
Afonja, Awolowo, Ladoke, Abiola and Tinubu

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by oduastates: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
dunkem21:
I agree totally with the "Traitor in Chief" grin

Femi, though intelligent, is proud, arrogant and too forward ..virtues missing in a worthy leader ..I remember those days of mass defections and the way he wanted to foist himself as majority leader against subsisting court rulings that status quo be maintained ..

Before, you call me a Wailer, ..Tambuwal said so grin

You meant
Articulate , ambitious and self confident .

I have come to understand that in Nigeria, those are considered bad qualities.
I will agree with you that he can be over ambitious at times .
But What exactly would you call Obama or David Cameron ?
They said the same thing when a certain man was warning of the impending fiscal crisis in 1983 .
The gbajamila guy happens to be one out of about six people who has any business in the House of Representatives. Most of the rest have no business and are unfit to represent a herd of cattle . The other being , Abike Dabiri , the northern guy who grilled iweala and one guy from the SE who seems to be on top of the issues .
Apart from that , you could as well scrap the entire National Assembly and not feel it . Better still , change it to a house of Chiefs with the Kings representing the constituencies.
Cutting through the drama , only the discerning can cut through the conspiracy.
Buhari is an elderly man ... You know what I mean .
They are already burying the man even though he is still very much with us.
It is nothing about leadership or service but all about the primitive accumulation of power and money if the inevitable thing that happens to everyman should happen during his tenure.
A primordial power struggle is being waged and some people are limiting it to a inconsequential statement from a former speaker.
i guess perpetually voting for clowns means that some regions will continue to be the insignificant enablers of what has led Nigeria to its current situation.
North west conservative are already moving in their chess pieces to take over should Buhari die . The idiotic and corrupt politicians and their supporters from the south are singing hallelujah.
Later , they will be complaining about marginalisation and how all oil blocks are owned by the North .
On the other hand , am happy. Tinubu would be a golden asset to have in the liberation movement .when his eyes opens that he is trying building a house on quick sand.......Nigeria is beyond redemption.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Gwan2(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tambuwal please allow da drying bruise to heal completely...Weda on da basé of compétence or size..Dogara has won.
We have overheated diz matter enough jaree..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by sigiyaya(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
From what i am seeing, some part of this country may surprisingly be dumped out of this Government grin grin grin grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by dunkem21(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
oduastates:

You meant
Well educated , ambitious and self confident .

I have come to understand that in Nigeria, those are considered bad qualities.
I will agree with you that he can be over ambitious at times .
But What exactly would you call Obama or David Cameron ?
They said the same thing when a certain man was warning of the impending fiscal crisis in 1983 .
The gbajamila guy happens to be 1 out of about 6 people who have any business in the House of Representatives. Most of the rest have no business ( not fit) representing even a herd of cows. The other being , Abike Dabiri , the northern guy who grilled iweala and one guy from the SE who seems to be on top of the issues .
Apart from that , you could as well scrap the entire National Assembly and not feel it . Better still , change it to a house of Chiefs with the Kings representing the constituencies.

Read the thread title again, oga ..and the revelations of the Traitor in Chief ..

Tambuwal has worked with both of them and has indirectly submitted that Gbajabiamila is grossly incompetent.

I have said these things two months ago on NL.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by hrykanu231(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by qualityovenbake(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Why resurrect forgotten issues.
Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by sample042(m): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
God damn it.
Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by zimoni(f): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
What?

Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I can't believe this.

Barr Femi Gbajabiamila, who practised Law in USA for years, is not competent to lead House? Lawd Jisos. Jisos Christ of Otueke.

Femi, you see your life now? You see your damn life outside?

You worked against your own, Mulikat Akande, so Tambuwal could become Speaker.

You convinced Tinubu to support him, you lobbied and got the job done for Tambuwal, being the head of opposition then.

Tinubu asked you several times, Femi are you sure this guy will not betray you? Are you sure you know what you are doing? You Olorinla Femi stood to your gun, you convinced Tinubu to order the SW Hons and ACN members at large. Tinubu set machinery in motion and Tambuwal became the Speaker despite the fact that PDP wanted Mulikat Akande as the Speaker unopposed.

Funny enough, some of his Brothers in North voted for him against their PDP candidate Mulikat Akande.

Now that you needed their support, did they reciprocate the good gesture?

NO.

They said YOU(FEMI GBAJABIAMILA) is NOT COMPETENT. I still can't believe this.

Femi, you got served.

You of all people shouldn't have worked again the emergence of your own, Mulikat Akande.

You are both Yorubas.

You are both Muslims.

You are both Lawyers.

You are both SWesterners.

Yet, You(Oloriboobo Ti N Bo Mo'gbo) Femi Gbajawhatever WORKED AGAINST YOUR OWN SISTER.

Karma Is Indeed A Dam.

Femi, if you are reading this, YOU DID NOT LEARN FROM THE PAST EVENTS IN THIS COUNTRY AND NOW YOU'VE LEARNT YOUR LESSONS IN A BITTER WAY.

You got SERVED Femi.

You DESERVED whatever treatment you got from them.

You Made Him The Speaker Indirectly and now Tambuwals says You are NOT COMPETENT.

O Ma Shey Oooooooooo.

What A Pity.

Alaabaa.

Alaabaa.

180 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by IamOpemipo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
grin wailers
Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by kennydee05(m): 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
All I want is democratisation of our political system with merit and not politics or ethnicity

Good for democracy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by ibkgab001: 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tambual nah fool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by dunkem21(m): 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
IamOpemipo:
grin wailers

You mean Traitors grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by Obijulius: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tambuwal has said it all.

Who is Gbajabiamila in the presence of the charismatic and dogged Dogara.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by GenBloodykiIler: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
ngeneukwenu cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by metorichmond(m): 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ogbeni go n seat down n face ur state sokoto or where sef!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by condralbede(m): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
OK...you mean your Northern brotherHediouts

1 Like

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by dunkem21(m): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
GenBloodykiIler:
ngeneukwenu cheesy

You sabi find trouble, walahi grin

30 Likes

Re: Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal by exemen: 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
[size=18pt]THANK GOD HE STILL A APC MEMBER SAI BUHARI[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

June 12th Democracy Day: Buhari Is A Joke - Reno Omokri / FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust / Dapchi Residents Stone Governor Gaidem's Cars Over Missing Schoolgirls (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.