Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives (51676 Views)

BREAKING: Speaker House Of Rep Dogara Bows To Pressure, Resigns / Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters / Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by babyfaceafrica: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
LKO:

And in ur opinion, there are no capable technocrats from south south Nigeria that is worthy to be appointed a SGF? Good of u.
did u see that in my post?....my opinion is that people should be elected based on merit nt tribe!!!
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by pazienza(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali

Loool! I dey laugh! The kind attache by force SW are playing these days just to appear relevant.
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by LKO(m): 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
did u see that in my post?....my opinion is that people should be elected based on merit nt tribe!!!

South south has world class technocrats that merit the position of SGF in abundance. I never advocated for d appointment of a dunce frm south south as SGF. Five regions are now well represented at the federal level, so my call for the appointment of a south southerner as SGF is legitimate and in order.
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by makzeze: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
goodgate:
May GOD Bless You,Everyone and Everything Associated with You. AMEN!!!
Amen

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by babyfaceafrica: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
LKO:

South south has world class technocrats that merit the position of SGF in abundance. I never advocated for d appointment of a dunce frm south south as SGF. Five regions are now well represented at the federal level, so my call for the appointment of a south southerner as SGF is legitimate and in order.
let's wait and see!!
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Omololu007(m): 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
CSTR2:
The position is irrelevant.
He just got a pity vote to create a semblance of balance and equity.
A yoruba man will not be elected for any core post in this country for a long time.
just d way ekweremadu post is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by pazienza(m): 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
[b] Real identity My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area. But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language. If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali- Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman. What about your ancestral lineage? People have accused you of bearing Alhaji Abubakar Saraki when you needed votes from the North, Chief Olusola Saraki when you needed votes from the South-West and in the South-East and South-South, you answered Dr. Sola Saraki. How do you reconcile these differences? People are just reading political meanings to my actions. My Islamic name is Abubakar. When were growing up in Lagos in those days, unless you were a Christian or bore a native indigenous name, you couldn’t get a school. If I wanted to be admitted to a school, I had to drop Abubakar in favour of Sola as virtually all the schools belonged to Christian organizations. It is not correct that I was changing names to garner votes. Politicians invent those kinds of stories against their opponents. You, yourself, should know who you are. [/b]
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
CSTR2:
The only real position you have is 2 which was not won by him anyway.
And given the signs, it is going to be a very wasted number 2.
The last time i checked, saraki is not yoruba.
Your attache by force is stupidd.
You can have number 5 since you value it so much.
It's more or less irrelevant and can afford to go to any bloody nigga.
And it is actually 6 not 5.

Does the name BUKOLA sound fulani or hausa to you? dullard
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by porka: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
jayfolarin:
Just when hopes of a better nigeria was at its peak, the unforeseen happens! The party that has brought nigeria to its knees rules the upper and lower chamber again via proxy!

The druglords, looters, child-molesters parading as leaders and elder statesmen may just have shielded themselves from the whips of Buhari's anti-corruption lashes as a result of this election.

Good God!! How did we get ourselves right back into this mess!!!! I mean, even if EFCC finally indicts saraki, the vice-president is a PDP!!!

It is finished! cry cry

Now that you are back in opposition, you can start slaughtering Nigerians in the South West in order to scare them to vote for another round of your "change".
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by porka: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
walexy30:

Does the name BUKOLA sound fulani or hausa to you? dullard

Did you read the post above you?

How do you determine someone's heritage for him?

Bukola's father, Oloye Olusola Saraki, said they are Fulani from Mali.

How does the sound of a name make a tribe?

Is Rotimi Amaechi also Yoruba?

Is Mustapha Chike-Obi a Hausa?

What does Saraki mean in Yoruba by the way?
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by FreeGlobe(f): 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Johntobi56:

Illiterate yorubas are in 8 states
Sw+ Kwara and 30% Kogi
kwara indeed. keep deceiving yourself. Saraki is not yoruba
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by FreeGlobe(f): 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Johntobi56:
Thank you igbo people for giving yoruba number 3 we are very grateful.
We won't abuse you again
Oya PLS vote for Fayose/Mimiko in protest to Tinubu
No 3 man is never yoruba stop embarassing yourself, unless you also believe Rotimi amaechi is yoruba
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by 6fit(f): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
I hope Hausa people are not having hiden agender cos i can c they occupying all d key political seats......anyway make dem enjoy d power for 4yrs make we rest. Since Britain hand over power to their clueless Amadu Bello, dem just belief sey d power na their beth right
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by raumdeuter: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
pazienza:
https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali

Loool! I dey laugh! The kind attache by force SW are playing these days just to appear relevant.

Saraki is from Mali the same way your people are from Israel

Bukola, Son of Olusola, brother of Gbemisola A Yoruba man
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by raumdeuter: 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
porka:

Did you read the post above you?

How do you determine someone's heritage for him?

Bukola's father, Oloye Olusola Saraki, said they are Fulani from Mali.

How does the sound of a name make a tribe?

Is Rotimi Amaechi also Yoruba?

Is Mustapha Chike-Obi a Hausa?

What does Saraki mean in Yoruba by the way?

Saraki means "important" in Yoruba
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Omololu007(m): 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:

kwara indeed. keep deceiving yourself. Saraki is not yoruba
who is dis b!tch sef,av u been to kwara before,wey u just dey typ trash for hia..d population of fulani n hausa are not up to d populations of nupes in kwara.yoru
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Omololu007(m): 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
6fit:
I hope Hausa people are not having hiden agender cos i can c they occupying all d key political seats......anyway make dem enjoy d power for 4yrs make we rest. Since Britain hand over power to their clueless Amadu Bello, dem just belief sey d power na their beth right
no hausa man is headin d national assembly
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Deluxii(m): 11:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Johntobi56:

Illiterate yorubas are in 8 states
Sw+ Kwara and 30% Kogi
I was even amazed at most people saying Kwarans are not yoruba I can't imagine kwara people reading this and they won't laugh at you guys. Back to the matter it is the the zoning of the political sphere that made kwara state to fall under North Central but ethnically and historically Kwara belong to the Yoruba lineage and nothing can never ever change that not even the geo-political zone. This is a fact, I have kwarans as colleagues, even as inlaws and I believe we all have kwara indigenes around us you just walk up to anyone of them I tell them they are not from Yoruba heritage lolzz! I bet you won't like the kind of reply they will give to you immediately just because they hate it when people disassociate them from Yoruba Kingdom. This is a fact just ask any kwarans around you and you will know how far lolzz!

4 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
[quote author=tola9ja post=34603216][/quote]

Oga tola, why evils?
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by after1: 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Arch1:
With the leadership of the Nat' Assembly as it is constituted now, i doubt if any bill that has to do with Resource control, Fiscal Federalism and Devolution of Powers would be given any consent

Abeg allow them rejoice and spite there perceived enemy. Hehehehehee

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Captain2605(m): 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Naija
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by CelebrateGod(m): 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
WONDERFUL
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by Dollarboom: 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
I pray that God shall give them the necessary wisdom and strength to perform so that the people will rejoice at the end.

Meanwhile,

Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by CSTR2: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
[quote author=Captain2605 post=34607989][/quote]We will see about that.
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by porka: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Saraki means "important" in Yoruba

Does it mean "important" or you assume it means "important" just because it sounds like "pataki".

Or simply because Oloye himself was an important person and the name came to be associated with an "important personality".

Which of the Yoruba dictionaries can you recommend Sir?

How come it's only this family that is "known" with this "important" name?
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by porka: 11:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Deluxii:
I was even amazed at most people saying Kwarans are not yoruba I can't imagine kwara people reading this and they won't laugh at you guys. Back to the matter it is the the zoning of the political sphere that made kwara state to fall under North Central but ethnically and historically Kwara belong to the Yoruba lineage and nothing can never ever change that not even the geo-political zone. This is a fact, I have kwarans as colleagues, even as inlaws and I believe we all have kwara indigenes around us you just walk up to anyone of them I tell them they are not from Yoruba heritage lolzz! I bet you won't like the kind of reply they will give to you immediately just because they hate it when people disassociate them from Yoruba Kingdom. This is a fact just ask any kwarans around you and you will know how far lolzz!

Saraki family.

Not Kwarans as a whole.

Oloye himself said they are Fulani from Mali.

You can't know him more than himself.
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by FreeGlobe(f): 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omololu007:
who is dis b!tch sef,av u been to kwara before,wey u just dey typ trash for hia..d population of fulani n hausa are not up to d populations of nupes in kwara.yoru
stfu. bukola saraki is fulani. Kwara is ruled by an emir which is not part of yoruba culture and kwara is not in yorubaland. Stop your attachee by force. Saraki's presidency does not have any benefits for yorubaland
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by FreeGlobe(f): 11:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Deluxii:
[s] I was even amazed at most people saying Kwarans are not yoruba I can't imagine kwara people reading this and they won't laugh at you guys. Back to the matter it is the the zoning of the political sphere that made kwara state to fall under North Central but ethnically and historically Kwara belong to the Yoruba lineage and nothing can never ever change that not even the geo-political zone. This is a fact, I have kwarans as colleagues, even as inlaws and I believe we all have kwara indigenes around us you just walk up to anyone of them I tell them they are not from Yoruba heritage lolzz! I bet you won't like the kind of reply they will give to you immediately just because they hate it when people disassociate them from Yoruba Kingdom. This is a fact just ask any kwarans around you and you will know how far lolzz![/s]
Thrash, kwara is traditionally ruled by an emir. Kwara is not in yorubaland. saraki presidency does not have any special benefits for yorubaland which is south west
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by raumdeuter: 11:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
porka:

Does it mean "important" or you assume it means "important" just because it sounds like "pataki".

Or simply because Oloye himself was an important person and the name came to be associated with an "important personality".

Which of the Yoruba dictionaries can you recommend Sir?

How come it's only this family that is "known" with this "important" name?

Saraki doesn't sound same as Pataki

One is do-do-mi the other is do-do-do

I'm core Oyo and with deep understanding of Yoruba

Saraki means important person like Gbajumo

In a sentence: Gbogbo Awon Saraki ilu Ibadan lo pejo sibi igbeyawo Ojo ATI aina
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by porka: 12:06am On Jun 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

Saraki doesn't sound same as Pataki

One is do-do-mi the other is do-do-do

Ok, fair enough!

But, how did you come about your theory?

You have not answered the questions still.

It would be interesting to recommend any Yoruba dictionary.
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by bunmititi(f): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2015
God bless jagaban!
at least he win something today.
Re: Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives by raumdeuter: 12:09am On Jun 10, 2015
porka:

Saraki family.

Not Kwarans as a whole.

Oloye himself said they are Fulani from Mali.

You can't know him more than himself.

That's an ignorant statement to make

Oduduwa was from middle east, fani Kayode family are historically Tapa from Niger state.

Before the Europeans came many people migrated and mingled with yorubas.

Some people in Lagos island are historically Baribas, Brazilians.

His ancestors migrated from Mali 200yrs ago doesn't stop him from being Yoruba

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) / Atiku's Son Doesn't Work In A Pure Water Factory, His Father Owns It / NCDC Has Not Tested Us - Abba Kyra's Aides Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.