Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng (91005 Views)

Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Ayodeleo3: 12:32am On Jun 12, 2015
PrinceVictorE:

Good you tried but your forgetting something.
Why did Tinubu have to fix his family member in political positions instead of other party members?
Besides what is his reason for not recognizing the winner Saraki even though Saraki also got the highest number of votes if Tinubu doesn't hav an extrinsic motive?

Politics is a game my brother just tag along

How many of his family in political position? or is Ambode or Fashola or Osinbajo his family member? Like Tinubu said personally he won't recognise Saraki, because of d way d election was conducted, did u hear much story about Dogara winning? nope because everybdy was dere n he didn't played card on his party member, mind u Saraki didn't get d highest number of votes, he was elected because he was unopposed, d person to contest wit him was not around, in case of Dogara he won by 182 to 174, did u hear much story about dat? nope because dats was fair, but Saraki own was not, his selfishness makes his party lose d Deputy Senate to PDP.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Babacele: 12:57am On Jun 12, 2015
rahazaqa:
May God bless u.
n u too,Amen .
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by PrinceVictorE(m): 6:04am On Jun 12, 2015
Ayodeleo3:

How many of his family in political position? or is Ambode or Fashola or Osinbajo his family member? Like Tinubu said personally he won't recognise Saraki, because of d way d election was conducted, did u hear much story about Dogara winning? nope because everybdy was dere n he didn't played card on his party member, mind u Saraki didn't get d highest number of votes, he was elected because he was unopposed, d person to contest wit him was not around, in case of Dogara he won by 182 to 174, did u hear much story about dat? nope because dats was fair, but Saraki own was not, his selfishness makes his party lose d Deputy Senate to PDP.

How about Remi?
Its crystal clear that Bola Tinubu supported the candidacy of Ahmed Lawan and Femi Gbajabiamila for Senate President and Speaker of House of Representative respectively. However, his candidates lost to Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara, in a keenly contested election in which a faction of the APC showed loyalty to Saraki and Dogara.

You also talked about the abscence most of the members of the house during the election. Myquestion is where were they? They were suposed too be sited instead they were busy attending party meetings tied to the presidency who was even reported to be abscent at the so called unnecessary meeting. That is unseriousness on the part.
Majority of the house was sited and Saraki got their support.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Ayodeleo3: 6:39am On Jun 12, 2015
PrinceVictorE:

How about Remi?
Its crystal clear that Bola Tinubu supported the candidacy of Ahmed Lawan and Femi Gbajabiamila for Senate President and Speaker of House of Representative respectively. However, his candidates lost to Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara, in a keenly contested election in which a faction of the APC showed loyalty to Saraki and Dogara.

You also talked about the abscence most of the members of the house during the election. Myquestion is where were they? They were suposed too be sited instead they were busy attending party meetings tied to the presidency who was even reported to be abscent at the so called unnecessary meeting. That is unseriousness on the part.
Majority of the house was sited and Saraki got their support.

Anyway we c tins differently, but candid speaking, Saraki won unopposed by 57 senators, which comprises of 49 PDP member and 8 APC members, are u saying only 8 out of the total 59 APC senators are saraki supporters, Evn President Buhari was clear wit d way he spoke saying he would have prefer had dey had follow d party directives, it shows him too not happy wit wat him Saraki did. Saying Oluremi Tinubu a Senator, don't forget he got people votes, Clinton was formal US president after he left his wife became US secretary under Obama, she evn wanted to run for presidency but later step down for Obama, if I may ask u is Oluremi contesting for d post of Senate president? nope. n just like d oda senators who don't support Saraki course she has right to support who ever she wishes to support n she's also an APC member who blv in party supremacy. Did Saraki debunk he didn't receive d message dat dey had meeting wit d president or he just choose to ignore it n proceed to b made d Senate president by PDP. 49 PDP senators to 8 APC senators. say d truth. he doesn't have d support of his people.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by PrinceVictorE(m): 8:21am On Jun 12, 2015
Ayodeleo3:

Anyway we c tins differently, but candid speaking, Saraki won unopposed by 57 senators, which comprises of 49 PDP member and 8 APC members, are u saying only 8 out of the total 59 APC senators are saraki supporters, Evn President Buhari was clear wit d way he spoke saying he would have prefer had dey had follow d party directives, it shows him too not happy wit wat him Saraki did. Saying Oluremi Tinubu a Senator, don't forget he got people votes, Clinton was formal US president after he left his wife became US secretary under Obama, she evn wanted to run for presidency but later step down for Obama, if I may ask u is Oluremi contesting for d post of Senate president? nope. n just like d oda senators who don't support Saraki course she has right to support who ever she wishes to support n she's also an APC member who blv in party supremacy. Did Saraki debunk he didn't receive d message dat dey had meeting wit d president or he just choose to ignore it n proceed to b made d Senate president by PDP. 49 PDP senators to 8 APC senators. say d truth. he doesn't have d support of his people.

My friend your beginning to contradict yourself. Saraki doesn't have the support of his people just like Amaechi so what's the point? Saraki got his support from other party just like Amaechi. Tinubu and his APC fashion embraced Amaechi then because PDP ws at the receiving end I think Tinubu should also embrace Saraki now. But he won't because he is at the receiving end this time.
Mind you Tinubu will be breaching Saraki's constitutional rights if he dares to disregard Saraki as the Senate president.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by free13: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
byrron:

But he was applauded and embraced for abandoning a party that gave him the platform to be a governor for 8yrs and a senator for 4yrs and he became a good guy for doing so right?

Its too late to preach morality now because u are
At the receiving end now but it was fun when others were at the receiving end then abi!

Simply put, saraki was elected at the floor of the NHA and he did not breach any constitutional provisions, everyother considerations is immaterial before the law.

On a parting note, tambuwal became a hero for this same reason so why should the rules now change with saraki?

If you can trust tambuwal and still do business with him after going against his parties directive then saraki can equally be trusted as well.

POETIC JUSTICE.

Gbam.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Ayodeleo3: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
PrinceVictorE:

My friend your beginning to contradict yourself. Saraki doesn't have the support of his people just like Amaechi so what's the point? Saraki got his support from other party just like Amaechi. Tinubu and his APC fashion embraced Amaechi then because PDP ws at the receiving end I think Tinubu should also embrace Saraki now. But he won't because he is at the receiving end this time.
Mind you Tinubu will be breaching Saraki's constitutional rights if he dares to disregard Saraki as the Senate president.

Ameachi case n Saraki are 2 different case, Ameachi decamp from PDP with some aggrieved member, n let me ask u a question, if u re contesting for a post in ur family n u have 20 siblings n only 4 of dem voted for u, please do u have d support of ur people? d answer is no. Ameachi left d party because he was pushed out, he won an election wit d highest votes,19 an anoda candidate who score 16 said he won n d president supported d one who score 16, do u remember d president wive disgrace Ameachi, she collected d microphone from n rubbish d governor, n d president didn't say anytin, dey PDP evn said if he wnt to go he can go. so my broda d case is diff, did Tinubu said he won't recognise Dogara who won d election in d Rep? nope evn doe Dogara too won because all d pdp in d aose voted for him but at least dere was a proper election n everybdy is present, but Saraki forming alliance wit pdp n deprive his member of dere ryt by not voting, his action led to Deputy senate going to APC, but in d Rep, APC won all, dats y nobody is shouting about it. Let call a spade a spade. What he did his not gud, I like him but I pray he didn't end up like Atiku
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by PrinceVictorE(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ayodeleo3:

Ameachi case n Saraki are 2 different case, Ameachi decamp from PDP with some aggrieved member, n let me ask u a question, if u re contesting for a post in ur family n u have 20 siblings n only 4 of dem voted for u, please do u have d support of ur people? d answer is no. Ameachi left d party because he was pushed out, he won an election wit d highest votes,19 an anoda candidate who score 16 said he won n d president supported d one who score 16, do u remember d president wive disgrace Ameachi, she collected d microphone from n rubbish d governor, n d president didn't say anytin, dey PDP evn said if he wnt to go he can go. so my broda d case is diff, did Tinubu said he won't recognise Dogara who won d election in d Rep? nope evn doe Dogara too won because all d pdp in d aose voted for him but at least dere was a proper election n everybdy is present, but Saraki forming alliance wit pdp n deprive his member of dere ryt by not voting, his action led to Deputy senate going to APC, but in d Rep, APC won all, dats y nobody is shouting about it. Let call a spade a spade. What he did his not gud, I like him but I pray he didn't end up like Atiku

Good illustratin but your example is only contradicting you because I see no reason why I should stay with a family that doesn't support me. Tinubu and other members had a plan Saraki knew it and he made his plan and came on top. Mind you this is not a Pastors forum its called Pure POLITICS.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Ayodeleo3: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
PrinceVictorE:

Good illustratin but your example is only contradicting you because I see no reason why I should stay with a family that doesn't support me. Tinubu and other members had a plan Saraki knew it and he made his plan and came on top. Mind you this is not a Pastors forum its called Pure POLITICS.
Do u know dat assuming Saraki had waited he would still have won, all wat PDP wnt is a revenge on wat ACN did by voting for Tambuwal, so PDP had earlier announce dey are going to vote for Saraki, all he needed was just 8 votes from his APC caucus n he will win, going back to my example, u re contesting for a post like I said earlier, d head of d family call a meeting but u didn't attend, so only 4 out of 20 of ur family were present, d oda 16 went for d meeting, my question is this, are u saying only d 8 out of all d 59 APC senators are Saraki supporter? no, so far evn some of his supporter had attended d party it show he just intentionally snub d party, Dogara went for d meeting n yet he won d election wit pdp party but nobody is shouting because dere was an election wit keen contest, d only tin d party can say was dat he shouldn't have contested but dey can't say anytin more, d deputy Senate dey lose to opposition is Saraki doing n if dey are angry wit him it's right. assuming he waited he would have won n b vindicated like Dogara n APC would have won d deputy Senate seat too n all dey can say is y did he not respect d party order n evertin will die down like Dogara case. Only tin is I don't know u now single out Tinubu out like he's d only man in APC. Atiku has been jumping party since n he couldn't actualize his dream only because dey c him as a betrayal n not trust worthy, if saraki continue like dis, he will still has a name like Atiku oo, but party will always try to subdue him like dey have been doing to Atiku since. Atiku gave each delegate $5000 in d presidential primary of APC yet he came third, it speak volume of high name n lower personality.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by PrinceVictorE(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ayodeleo3:

Do u know dat assuming Saraki had waited he would still have won, all wat PDP wnt is a revenge on wat ACN did by voting for Tambuwal, so PDP had earlier announce dey are going to vote for Saraki, all he needed was just 8 votes from his APC caucus n he will win, going back to my example, u re contesting for a post like I said earlier, d head of d family call a meeting but u didn't attend, so only 4 out of 20 of ur family were present, d oda 16 went for d meeting, my question is this, are u saying only d 8 out of all d 59 APC senators are Saraki supporter? no, so far evn some of his supporter had attended d party it show he just intentionally snub d party, Dogara went for d meeting n yet he won d election wit pdp party but nobody is shouting because dere was an election wit keen contest, d only tin d party can say was dat he shouldn't have contested but dey can't say anytin more, d deputy Senate dey lose to opposition is Saraki doing n if dey are angry wit him it's right. assuming he waited he would have won n b vindicated like Dogara n APC would have won d deputy Senate seat too n all dey can say is y did he not respect d party order n evertin will die down like Dogara case. Only tin is I don't know u now single out Tinubu out like he's d only man in APC. Atiku has been jumping party since n he couldn't actualize his dream only because dey c him as a betrayal n not trust worthy, if saraki continue like dis, he will still has a name like Atiku oo, but party will always try to subdue him like dey have been doing to Atiku since. Atiku gave each delegate $5000 in d presidential primary of APC yet he came third, it speak volume of high name n lower personality.

Tinubu should recognize Saraki there's no big deal in that. If there is, then Tinubu had something extrisic against Saraki.
Obviously we see this from different perspectives and no amount of your illustrations can/will ever convince me. Thanks
End Off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Donald Trump Blasts Nigeria Again!! - (A Joke) / FG To Demolish Bishop Oyedepo’s Hangar At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.