Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center (17823 Views)

500L Covenant University Student Dies In School (Photo) / 500Level University Of Jos Student Dies - Jtownconnect Nigeria / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by phemmytmg(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rip
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by pamcode(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
i wont be surprised if it is negligence on part of health workers that lead to his death, how can there not be oxygen in an health center It is tall for them o
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Abugab(m): 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Nigerian universities health centres (federal and state owned) have always been death centres as they are ill equipped with drugs not up to what you find in a street patent medicine dealer's shop.

Doctors attached to the health centres spend all their time at their private clinics or wherever they are engaged in private practice with little or no time for those who are suppose to be their primary concern. Yet they earn fat salaries on the HATISS scale for not doing their jobs.

Students die all the time from cases that are not suppose to lead to death and this is also a fall out of the poor funding and poor attitude of staff in our various institutions of higher learning.
May the soul of the dead rest in peace.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
[size=20pt]Hit my signature [/size]
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Skybob(m): 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
KoredeBellosMum:
Mama Godwin, how u take do this?
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
all our health centers that are government run in naija are death centers...nothing works in the goddamn country
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by chamboy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Y didn't dey Transfer Him to Lautech teaching Hospital or Bowen Teaching hospital
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by pBuhari(f): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
hmmm
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Skybob(m): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
chamboy:
Y didn't dey Transfer Him to Lautech teaching Hospital or Bowen Teaching hospital
Lautech teaching hospital is on strike, poor boy was a BID case when they arrived Bowen.
Brought In Dead

RIP..
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by omexy4real(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
Matttthew:
Deceivers!
hmmm!
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Sylvarresta(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
mistayeancah:
That health center is nothing to write home about. There was a day I went for treatment, we were told that the Doctor has gone home to eat.
u even get mind to go there, when I was sick last week, my friends tried to take me there, I refused because av heard about a case that they didn't attend to a student till he died some years back...
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Johnchuks3: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Had it been LAUTECH teaching hospital is functioning well, it may have salvaged the situation. The hospital is 5 minutes drive from the university.The hospital staffs are on strike because government is owing 5 months salary. May His Soul Rest in Peace.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by walemadu: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
the very bad state of our health institutions are worrisome

Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by 9jatatafo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
RIP to the dead. This is how people die daily all over the country due to ill equipped hospitals. So sad!
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by bukolajegede(f): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Johnchuks3:
Had it been LAUTECH teaching hospital is functioning well, it may have salvaged the situation. The hospital is 5 minutes drive from the university.The hospital staffs are on strike because government is owing 5 months salary. May His Soul Rest in Peace.

So Sad to hear this news. RIP to this young chap. AJUMOBI Killed Him. AJUMOBI Killed Him. Lautech Teaching Hospital would have been a life saver for this boy, all thanks to AJUMOBI, he hasn't paid the staff for 5month and they are on strike. If the hospital was functioning they could have resuscitated him. Bowen is too far after such delay at the so called mushroom health center.

I pray God gives his family the fortitude to bear the loss of the child. Another great one just left the planet.

Our Government this is not the change we want. Pay YOUR STAFF AJUMOBI
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Crown01: 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
So these people in LAUTECH health center haven't change. O ga o
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by otunbalautech(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
Oh my God..................Rip to my broda from another mother........fatai sun re ooo,its a pity dat dis is happening in my former skul...........health centre still in DAT bad condition till nw? dats too bad.....
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by persius555(m): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Health care centres in nigeria are not built to save lives, but for some people to earn salary and political relevance.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by millionaireman: 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
RIP.
Sack Ambulance Driver, Sack whoever was responsible for procuring oxygen for Lautech.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by chamboy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Skybob:

Lautech teaching hospital is on strike, poor boy was a BID case when they arrived Bowen.
Brought In Dead

RIP..
sorry for d loss
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by folba(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
Health system in this country is pitiable,ill equipped and filled with staffs who has no value for life.Individuals should just be extremely careful with the way we manage our health,stay away from anything injurious to ur health,coz for this our country u r on your own.....Rip to d dead.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Surd2121(m): 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
PANEL TO INVESTIGATE THE DEATH OF A STUDENT, KOLAWOLE FATAI MORENIKEJI {MATRIC NO- 113784}, 400-LEVEL, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING.
LAUTECH OGBOMOSHO.

The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Adeniyi Suleimon Gbadegesin has set up a panel to investigate the above mentioned case. The membership and terms of reference of the panel are as stated below.

MEMBERSHIP

Deputy Vice Chancellor, Prof. T.A Adebayo- Chairman/Convener.

Deputy Registrar/ College Secretary- Secretary.

Dean, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Prof. R.O.R Kalilu- Member.

Dean, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Prof. S.S Taiwo- Member.

President Student's Union- Bakare Solace- Member.

Speaker, Student's Representatives Council, Speaker Adeniyi.

TERMS OF REFERENCE

- To investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of the student- Kolawole Fatai Morenikeji {Matric No- 113784}.

- To investigate how the University Health Centre handled the case.

- To investigate the General Attitude of Health Centre Staff to Students and Staff.

- To recommend how to remedy any observed lapse in future.

- To consider and make recommendation on any other relevant issue E.g {Elongated of the students portal and 3days holidays to Morn a fallen Ladokites starting from Tomorrow 10th June 2015 till Friday 13th june, 2015.

I.e, the report of the panel should be submitted to the Vice Chancellor within fourteen days {14}.

Yours in Nation Building
Sen.Bakare solace O
Lautech 001.

Signed:
FreedomSiasia
Dir.of Media.
Lautech SUG
O8102623925.

message circulated yesterday
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by falansa: 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
This was the school where I graduated and the guy is a neighbour I knew well. according to a confirm source, the guy wasn't dead b4 he was carried to the health Centre and the health Centre don't have oxygen and sad enough, they sent the driver to take the ambulance out to buy them amala. I think they should be sued for wasting a guy's life.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by mjb05(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
Lautech health centre is like that, that is nt d first tym such a thing is happening I graduated from d school. RIP Fatai
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by oluwatoosin(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
This is sad,Although i'm an allumni of LaUTECH,During my stay there i was never admitted in that Moutary [s]This is sad,Although i'm an allumni of LaUTECH,During my stay there i was never admitted in that Moutary called health center and you'll be amazed of the health charges in the school fees breakdown.This should be taken up by the 2 state government involved.Aluta Continua....Victoria Aserta!
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by iamkingzlee(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rest in peace brother!!! sad The rate at which students die these days is saddening.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by hameina(f): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Maybe if lautech teaching hospital(LTH) isn't on strike, this whole saga could av been averted and the young champ lld v been saved! .. Sry to say..that lautech health center is jst there for decoration except for medical clearance of incoming students and even this is partially done by LTH ogbomosho. May Almighty console and grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss...Ajimobi shld pls pay 5months+ oyo state health workers salary to prevent further unwarranted loss of lives!
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by lordharrick(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
R.I.P to the dead....meanwhile make ah call my paale say#No_oxygenTank for lautech!
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by idris4eva(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rip fatai

1 Like

Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by Kaydem(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
RIP bro. tears in our heart.
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by anigbajumo(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
hameina:
Maybe if lautech teaching hospital(LTH) isn't on strike, this whole saga could av been averted and the young champ lld v been saved! .. Sry to say..that lautech health center is jst there for decoration except for medical clearance of incoming students and even this is partially done by LTH ogbomosho. May Almighty console and grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss...Ajimobi shld pls pay 5months+ oyo state health workers salary to prevent further unwarranted loss of lives!
pls da blame is nt on Ajimobi....
Re: Lautech Student Dies Due To Ill Equipped University Health Center by tunesoft(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
millionaireman:
RIP.
Sack Ambulance Driver, Sack whoever was responsible for procuring oxygen for Lautech.
If he don make repeated request wey them no supply the oxygen nko? Or...if the health center kitchen is not fucntiong so driver no go eat again...like driver is not human....people should see the bigger picture here....abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brain Teaser: Gurus In The House Answer This Simple One!!! / OAU DSA Suspends All Religious Activities In Halls Of Residence (PICS) / Unilag Transcript Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.