Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

He Missed An Interview Because……. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Missed An Interview Because……. (32923 Views)

N-Power: For Those Who Missed The First Test! / He Missed A Mouth Watering Job In An Oil Firm On The Day Of The Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Larrylarex(m): 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
That's why NOBODY can be with my phone for more than 5 minutes if I'm not beside them, this should be a mobile phone and not a PSP

1 Like

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Nathystarry: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
It is simple now the job is not suppose to be his.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Sobeautiful: 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
When l see how people play with their phones l shake my head. You call someone another person will pick, sometimes a little child. Not that the owner of the phone is not around.

1 Like

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by criminologist(m): 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
Two things are involve,is either d job is nt for me or some thing is happening in d spirit,I need to pray. I do nothing to my innocent brother.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
6ty6ix:
if i where in his shoes i would just conclude that the job is not for me, and that God is preparing something good for me
that's very wrong of you, the next time Shell calls you and its raining heavily I beg you in the name of GOD don't go because its a premonition from God that the job is not for you.

3 Likes

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by koife(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Something I cooking right from his village pot! grin
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by dominique(f): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Companies should try and reach out to applicants through more than one means. My husband also missed an interview with a major oil coy son years back. They sent him an email which entered the spam folder which he never checks. They called him on the day of the interview asking why he's yet to show up but he said he didn't get the invitation. They told him he was sent a mail over a week ago but the mail could no longer be retrieved as he had emptied his spam folder by then. They asked him if he could still make it but to leave his current job (which he just started) to head home and get his credentials was just impossible. He had to let it go. It was a very painful experience but we just had to accept it as fate. What will be will be.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by 9jatatafo(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Carelessness from the big bro
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by countsparrow: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Midehi:
enemy from utaka tree!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Which one be Utaka tree again Midehi
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by manuroq(m): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
His younger brother should not have answered the call but God knows best. As for me, no more games on my phone. Younger brother, don't ever touch my phone.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by felix281(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
6ty6ix:
if i where in his shoes i would just conclude that the job is not for me, and that God is preparing something good for me
U may be right but somethings that happens is not an act of GOD,one really need to prepare for the unexpected....it might be the place GOD Prepared for him, People don't know how to handle what belongs to them....its high time one make a strict rules concerning personal belongings.

2 Likes

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by agugu(m): 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mine was when the company called i wasnt around so, it was a missed call but my younger brother then used my phone to make call. What help me is that whenever leave home without my phone,the first thing i always do is to check my phone call logs and messages. So when i checked my phone and i saw 0127** i knew it a company,i quickly called d number and i was told to come for aptitude test the next two day. Thats was hw i got d job
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by bukatyne(f): 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
While we can say the job was not meant for him and a better one is on the way, Let us know that sometimes, we lose What is ours through carelessness.

If something has been prepared for you and you are not ready for it, it would pass you except by grace.

That 15yr old needs training. He should be done with Sec Schl or in Snr. Schl and should know What a job opportunity means. IMHO, he should be punished to train/retrain him.

4 Likes

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Neplusultra(f): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Please bring dat ur 15yrs old and let me woop his ass angry angry angry
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Emdee590(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
that's very wrong of you, the next time Shell calls you and its raining heavily I beg you in the name of GOD don't go because its a premonition from God that the job is not for you.
Hahaha no kill me jare
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Goodnuel: 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Why call him when you have picked the ones you wanted?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Neplusultra(f): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
youngice:
The 15 year old brother is very indiscipline and should be trained not reprimanded
Lmao! @indisciplined cheesy wot oda ways can u instill discipline if not by a hard reset, butt kicking or ass whooping?
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by uncommonice(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=hilariousmatt post=34630533]However, she (HR) called him to know if all was well only for the guy to tell her he didn’t receive any call from our company after which she ended the call. The guy letter called back saying he just discovered after checking his call log that our company truly called, but his phone was with his 15 years old younger brother as at that time who was playing game on his phone and he (the younger brother) was the one who received the call and got all the message on his behalf but forgot to deliver the message to him.

Please, what kind of a story is this? Yea, truly, some companies do call to CONFIRM if an applicant got the email or sms sent regarding a scheduled interview. But I have never in this life, seen or heard where a company would call to ask him/her why they couldn't make an interview. To crown it all, the applicant would call the company back and boldly tell them his phone was his brother who was also playing games with it. Even at that, is the younger brother a dummy? Is that guy not old enough to be in the university? Oh please
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Neplusultra(f): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
bettercreature:
Lol a better way to console yourself during a missed opportunity
Seriously, I hate such consolation! It's a missed opportunity not dat it's not his job abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by mrintelligent(m): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
I will just take heart and thank God for it. Why people see every bad thing that happens as work of the devils or the village witches?

What if, on his way to the interview, he was involved in a ghastly motor accident that led to his legs amputated? Would he be thinking of the job again?

Everything happens for a reason.

My advice: Guy, take heart and believe that the job was nt meant to be yours.

#The oracle has spoken
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by jimngam(m): 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
6ty6ix:

Your comment make sense.....
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by oluwanoni: 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Some 15 year olds no smart @all undecided

Even my 15years sis know's what's up about job hunting, she would @least have informed me, some kids are play-full, even if you punish him, the deed as been done. It shows that one as to be vigilant so as to avoid stories that touch.
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by kenoz(m): 8:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
undecided grin
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by krasican(m): 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Midehi:
enemy from utaka tree!
you made me laff
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by jimmy101231(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
hilariousmatt:
This just happened at my office today.
Our Human Resource (HR) personnel called some people yesterday to come for a job interview today, giving them all necessary details about the interview, venue etc. Today, the interview was conducted and our HR personnel discovered a guy wasn’t around among the interviewee. However, she (HR) called him to know if all was well only for the guy to tell her he didn’t receive any call from our company after which she ended the call. The guy letter called back saying he just discovered after checking his call log that our company truly called, but his phone was with his 15 years old younger brother as at that time who was playing game on his phone and he (the younger brother) was the one who received the call and got all the message on his behalf but forgot to deliver the message to him.
The guy pleaded if the company could reconsider, saying he has been searching for jobs for many years and our HR personnel told him she will get back to him if the company reconsiders. But the truth is, the interview has already been concluded and they have chosen those they want to choose.
I pity him though, but………GOD knows best.
If you were the guy, what will you do to your brother?

Must you come here and talk everything...You are not suppose to drop your phones for games that's shows how serious he is..Abeg make u na they post correct news jare
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by jimmy101231(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=uncommonice post=34636416][/quote] Tell them ooo must they come here and post rubbish
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Laygos(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
eyah! God knows best sha!

Ah! I remembered that i used 2 check d slightest miss flash that enters my fone b4 n after my last interview. Even MTN annoying sms were not left out..omo!
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
jimngam:

Your comment make sense.....
thank you
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by noblegrex: 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
What could he have done to the brother,he's so stupid and careless to have let he's phone out of he's hands when he's xpecting something or probably he's writting himselfe off that he's not getting d job otherwise...thanks all thesame its a lesson to careless people bt come to think of it, he's brother is 15 years old. I guess they're doll in that famiy or....Nonsense
Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by otusnorahs(f): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
This is the more reason y ur fone shld b wt u all d tym. U neva cn tel wen an important issue will come up. Its nt even ideal to leave ur fones for ur younger ones to play wt! Nw see d result..

1 Like

Re: He Missed An Interview Because……. by Ninilowo(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
What I believe is that the job is not just his own. Simple! omi ti kaluku maa mu ko nii shan koja e. Beeni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria / Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. / NIMC Appointment Letters Finally Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.