Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts (1249 Views)

Mikel Obi Shares A Kiss With His Babymama As She Arrives Back In China (photos) / Dimeji Lawal: Playing For Nigeria Cost Mikel His Chelsea Place / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2015

Last week, photographs of the Nigerian footballer and Chelsea Football Club’s midfielder, Mikel Obi, and his Russian girlfriend, Olga Diyachenko, who were at a swimming pool in Dubai, the United Arab Emirate, broke the Internet.
For many days, the duo continued to trend on social and online media, with Nigerians and foreigners commenting on the photographs.
The photographs gave the impression that the footballer was in the UAE for fun, even as it was widely speculated that he was there to hold talks with the management of Al Ain Football Club. More so, in the last few days, Mikel and the Arabs seem to be bonding well, especially on social media.
The key word on the Nigerian international’s Twitter page is Arab. The tweets and retweets on the page are all about the Arabic language and culture.
Already, he is having a good time with fans of Al Ain who want him to sign with the club and be a part of its success
Mohammed Hamad, an official of the club, urged Mikel to join the team to work towards consolidating itself as a champion.
“If you will sign with Al Ain, remember that we are always champions. Please work hard to achieve our goals,” he tweeted.
Some of the questions Mikel is being made to answer in Dubai are whether he really wants to join Al Ain and seal a long-term contract with the owners of the football club.
But the Super Eagles player, who has become very active on Twitter since the end of last season, retweets rather than giving definite answers to the questions.
If Mikel joins the club, he will be the third African and the sixth foreigner that will be playing a professional football at the club. An Ivorian and a Ghanaian are already playing there alongside other footballers from France, South Korea and Slovakia.
The club has not issued a statement on the outcome of its discussion with Mikel. There is no reference to the negotiation in any of its communication channels – website, Twitter and Facebook.
Also, the only West African star playing for the club, Asamoah Gyan, who is very active on social media, has yet to say a word on how he feels about the possibility of having Mikel as a team mate. It is common in football circle for team members to share their thoughts on players their clubs are poaching.
Rather than a comment on Mikel, who is in the same age bracket with the Ghanaian, Gyan’s last comments were a call on the Ghanaian government to step up sanitation programmes to save the country from disasters.
“Sanitation has cost us more lives in recent times. Cholera, malaria and floods have increased due to choked gutters and poor planning. Let us all sit up,” he tweeted last Tuesday.
Yet, several online media are already awash with reports that Mikel has agreed on personal terms with the club.
Squawka.comon Monday reported that the club only needed to reach a deal with Chelsea in order to secure Mikel’s signature.
“Mikel has agreed on personal terms with Al Ain. It is now left for Chelsea and the Dubai club to agree on a transfer fee. He has returned to England to communicate this to Chelsea. We just have to wait and see what Chelsea says in this regard,” Mikel’s agent, Babawo Mohammed, was quoted as saying.
But there is no statement on Mikel’s Twitter to show that he has reached any agreement with the Arabs. But he has continued to post photographs of the Al Ain stadium and retweet “welcome”messages.
Back home, the debate across online and social media is whether or not it will benefit Mikel to quit Chelsea for a less-popular Al Ain.

www.punchng.com/i-punch/mikel-his-dubai-fans-and-their-posts/
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mali is dealing with Ghana.

Is it because it is two Africans that are playing?
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by easyelliot(m): 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Maybe cause new Zealand is sooooooo far away most ppl wouldn't know how to find it on a map.Also Rugby Rugby Rugby. If this was rugby under 20 world cup place would have been packed. But what do I know, I'm not in Fifa.
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
This match must be recorded. First half Break is not upto 10 Minute
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mali scores again. Superb goal.

2 goals to 0 in favour of Mali.
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by dominique(f): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Which tv station is it being aired?
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
dominique:
Which tv station is it being aired?

NTA

and its another Goal.

Mali 3 Ghana 0.
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Badosqi(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
Match that they've played since 5am abi? The match is not live.
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by dominique(f): 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
victorels:

NTA

and its another Goal.

Mali 3 Ghana 0.

My NTA has been scrambled for years. Thanks for the update tho. But why would FIFA put two African countries in the same group?
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
dominique:

My NTA has been scrambled for years. Thanks for the update tho. But why would FIFA put two African countries in the same group?
not dsame group o. They clashed in round of 16
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by dominique(f): 8:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
blueto:
not dsame group o. They clashed in round of 16

Wow, I didn't know they've advanced past the group stages and nobody is publicizing it. Did Nigeria qualify also?
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Dega128(m): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
dominique:

Wow, I didn't know they've advanced past the group stages and nobody is publicizing it. Did Nigeria qualify also?

Chai mama domique like seriously

Ghana topped their group ahead of Argentina and Austria and was beaten by Mali who were 3rd in thier group
Nigeria came 2nd in thier group which also included Brazil
Nigeria will play Germany in a cracker showdown @round undecided16 early 2moro morning

Hope you're ok
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
dominique:

are u sure u are a Nigerian? grin

Nigeria qualified alongside Brazil to the knock-out stages cool
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
victorels:
Is somebody viewing this match at all

Ghana unestimated the Mali team and they paid for it
Soccer is not mouth only legs play the game well

The people in Ghana were boosting how they were going to score many over 10 goals but after the match the sports presents could not explain what happened
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by dominique(f): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dega128:

Chai mama domique like seriously

Ghana topped their group ahead of Argentina and Austria and was beaten by Mali who were 3rd in thier group
Nigeria came 2nd in thier group which also included Brazil
Nigeria will play Germany in a cracker showdown @round undecided16 early 2moro morning

Hope you're ok

So now it's a crime not to follow a game
This is one tourney I'm completely clueless about. I didn't even know when it started.
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Dega128(m): 12:15am On Jun 11, 2015
dominique:

So now it's a crime not to follow a game
This is one tourney I'm completely clueless about. I didn't even know when it started.

It's a crime oo angry angry
Judging how good this current Nigerian team is "the best I've seen since 94" don't blame me if u miss the final cheesy cheesy
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by dominique(f): 8:59am On Jun 11, 2015
Dega128:

It's a crime oo angry angry
Judging how good this current Nigerian team is "the best I've seen since 94" don't blame me if u miss the final cheesy cheesy

Lol don't mind me jare, I'm so occupied these days that I'm not so current anymore. I tuned in to the NTA on dstv but they're not showing it. I'm following the match thread now sha.
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Dega128(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2015
dominique:

Lol don't mind me jare, I'm so occupied these days that I'm not so current anymore. I tuned in to the NTA on dstv but they're not showing it. I'm following the match thread now sha.

Try GTV on dstv
Re: Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2015

Topic Changed. Bear with me. I can't create new one at the moment.

(1) (Reply)

Awkward Moment For Chelsea With A Unique Pic! / Photo Of The Day : Louis Van Gaal Falls On The Floor / Serena Williams Wins Seventh Wimbledon Title, 22nd Slam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.