Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? (18092 Views)

6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview / Is It Good For A Lady To Wear Trouser To An Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by ryd3(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
If na ur papa Company, ehen. Dressing is part of ur interview, u know, and dressing for the occasioned is key. Maybe if d company is into African designs and u r there to make a fashion statement, no wahala
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Profkomolafe(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
see your mouth,comot jo tongue
iyangbali!!!!!!!! reveal ur identity.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by IYANGBALI: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
Profkomolafe:
iyangbali!!!!!!!! reveal ur identity.
iyangbali 1 of nairaland tongue
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Profkomolafe(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
iyangbali 1 of nairaland tongue
confirmed. who coronate u? ko si nkan ti o kin fi ara e pe ni nairaland. ma je kin nak e ni wifi otrimopo. grin grin
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by dustydee: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
Bflexing:

Really?? that's nice. One Government job that I went for some years back, suit is even a must...so annoying
Was it a finance related agency? But I am sure even CBN allows it.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Bflexing:

could be, but still not acceptable anywhere in Nigeria. SAD
You know in my office you can tie wrapper nd gele gan, don't just wear jeans.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by e4e5d4d5: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2015

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by cyberdurable(m): 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
CrazyMan:
Whatever the job, you want the interviewer to remember you for your personality and performance: not as "the one that dressed as a traditional juju priest".

Once you have the job, you can wear whatever the employer approves of. But you need to get the job first, so play safe. If you look really smart it will give a big boost to your confidence.

Sounds Funny that Oyibo dressing is now addressed as an official Dress code, while our native wears are unofficial, u even went as far as, saying that they look like juju priest... U deserve a spit on ur face!!!

4 Likes

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
It depends on the circumstances. I have a friend who got a job attending an interview in a native wear. What happened was that he was supposed to be interviewed by the MD who happened to be abroad and on the day he returned and wanted to conduct the interview for him, the company called him and we where all hanging out that day and he was in native and couldn't go back home to change because we were far from home and they gave him just few hours to be an the venue, he tried to ask for more time, but the caller told him the MD might be away again for a long time, so we asked him to go on native. He got the Job even the MD didn't bother to ask why he was on native. Its an investment bank.

So i think it all depend on certain conditions so long you have a gud reason to back it up. But is not adviceable
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Datevilme: 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
I dont see anything wrong actually, its just that overtime it has become a norm and a standard to wear corporate for interviews. I think the key is being smart, if u wear a very sharp and decent looking native attire, u might even score positive points with your interviewers for being innovative and unique (thats for the open minded ones sha). Personally i have gone for an interview with one of the big financial companies wearing my sharp native, i got the job, but turned it down due to some circumstances.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
akatekpe:
most of those who posted comments have never attended interview. Hardly u see a core hausa/fulani on corporate wears during interviews yet they get the jobs. Once u dress smart on native with ur CAP on,you are good to go. I attended an interview in Kebbi State polytechnics last year November,in my group interview,i was the only one on Suit .I can boast of my performance as d outstanding interviewee,but those on " alan gworo" were called. In summary,it depend on d location,members of the panel and nature of the job(public or private sector)
exactly.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Israel5(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
For the post of special assistant to Baba lawo, why not. It'l be an added advantage sef
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by sixtus3606(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
luvly101:
Has anyone gone to an Interview with a native attire of any kind?

Is it right or wrong?
It depends on the kind of job!

BTW is there really anything like over-qualified?

I experienced one early this week *sad*
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by talk2ancient(m): 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
Simply Dress like someone going to office while going for an interview.do you know that Dampness on the walls is dangerous to health.it is a silent killer.google the word DAMP today to learn more.for a lasting solution on damps,check my signature on how to contact me
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Yiwawo11: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
In kano state, if you are going to any governmental agency, ministry or depertment for interview with out traditional or incomplete traditional dress, it may give them automatic liecence to send you away.
But if it is private sector you can dress the way you like, all they need is your performance.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by tolu4you: 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nothing is wrong...... I saw some hausa that put on native for interview... Most of them got the job.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Bosch10(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
VickyRotex:
Native wear bawo?

Na cultural dance company? angry

Well, it's the combination that matters tho.

A corporate native jacket and formal pants/skirts will go down well for a lady.

It's all about being smart. You can't wear Iro and buba to an interview and expect a miracle. Abi Agbada undecided
HAHAHA,sho fe she marriage ni
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Bosch10(m): 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
VickyRotex:
Native wear bawo?

It's all about being smart. You can't wear Iro and buba to an interview and expect a miracle. Abi Agbada undecided
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by AlhajiAdemola: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
http://www.businesslist.com.ng/company/253030/ncs-auction-vehicles?
Buy and Make your orders for a cheaper and affordable price rate, Toyota, Honda, Mercedez, Nissan and other Cars makes/products and Models from 1996 to 2014 years of age. Just give us your budget let see what we can do for you, Cars are In Good Condition, With Good Fuel Economy ratings and Comfortable Interiors and makes good Commuter Cars.

For fast responds and inquires,contact the Tariff and Trade officer directly on the mobile line-(08067818458) for further information and Purchase.

Do you want a Cars with this features:

* 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
* AM/FM
* Air Conditioning
* Anti-lock Brakes
* Anti-theft System
* Automatic Headlights
* CD (Multi Disc)
* Cruise Control
* Daytime Running Lights
* Dual-zone Climate Control
* Floor Mats
* Folding Mirrors
* Front & Rear Side Airbags
* Front Airbags (Dual)
* Full Size Spare Tire
* Handsfree/Bluetooth Integration
* Heated Mirrors
* Heated Seats
* Intermittent Wipers
* Keyless Entry
* Keyless Ignition
* Leather Interior
* Leather Steering Wheel
* Locking Differential
* Navigation System
* Parking Assist System
* Power Locks
* Power Mirrors
* Power Seat (Dual)
* Power Steering
* Power Windows
* Premium Sound System
* Premium Wheels
* Reading Lights
* Rear Window Defroster
* Seat Memory
* Steering Wheel Controls
* Tire Pressure Monitoring System
* Traction/Stability Control
* Trip Computer
* Vanity Mirror/Light
* Wood Trim

Then you are welcome, Bring your budget to us and we shall help you get your budget right here by minimizing cost and makes Money Valuable.

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by VickyRotex(f): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
Bosch10:
HAHAHA,sho fe she marriage ni

Hehehe... Mi o mo fun o. grin
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by luvly101: 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
VenusBetty:
most people dont know native could also be corporate

God bless you... That's the point.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by luvly101: 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
VickyRotex:
Native wear bawo?

You have a point... Of course, not the Agbada type... It's not an herbalist interview grin

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by luvly101: 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Omotayor123:

I once did.
The interview was on a Friday. ( Though I wasn't interested in the job as I was already working elsewhere) I just went for fun.

The interviewer was like:

"Are you kidding me?

wearing native to an interview just because it's Friday shows on seriousness". " This is a Business Organization and not some cultural centre"..

grin...

It's probably because of the style of your native attire. wink, perhaps you didn't look smart in it to the interviewer(s). sad
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by 2emgee(m): 12:47am On Jun 13, 2015
How about wearing native dress for project defense? Am asking because a guy around my hostel actually did that.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by darediamond(m): 12:51am On Jun 13, 2015
which one be "blue collar job" again?
omo naija, i hail oo!!
grin
doublewisdom:
Yes you can wear native if it is for the position of a town crier or assistant native doctor.
But if na white collar or blue collar job, you dress the needful.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Realwvn(m): 1:23am On Jun 13, 2015
contrary to what many have said, I went for a job interview at lekki with my native attire and all they asked was how much I want for the job before they arranged my desk and yes it's not a job in the museum lol, an online retail company. The truth is, if you are good, you can get a job in cele costume
luvly101:

Is it right or wrong?

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Legit: 1:46am On Jun 13, 2015
luvly101:

Is it right or wrong?
Listen to all these mumus, who set the standard, why succumb to the english attire, what does your wear has to do with your brain. Dumb ass ppl, wear suit and rag on their neck at 90 degree whether, no wonder them dey smell of sweat. Native Jare

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 13, 2015
darediamond:
which one be "blue collar job" again?
omo naija, i hail oo!!
grin
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-collar_worker
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Rahmatuparker: 5:41am On Jun 13, 2015
It all depends. In d north is very normal.
luvly101:

Is it right or wrong?
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by nnemak(m): 6:07am On Jun 13, 2015
I have seen peeps at few interview dressed on Native and Fila. It was years back at NNPC and NOTORE final interviews. Then I wanted a career path change.

I personally feel it's ok. And ask all HR peeps here to always allow such people in instead of barring them from been interviewed!
The company may loose a very good and resourceful personnel just by turning them back.

In both occasion I was dressed in my best swedish designer suit yet didn't get the job as I was termed "over qualified"
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by DesireInnerWear(f): 7:12am On Jun 13, 2015
If it works for you, then proceed.

Tired of looking too skinny In your outfit?
Want to look full in your outfits?
Want to gain more weight with the right amount of fats at the right place?
Want to look deliciously curvy without looking obese?
Order for our Natural weight gainer pills.
No side effects or regrets.
Add up. You'd be glad you did.
Whatsapps : 08057318900.
Bbm : 3353531E.
Re: How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? by Engrpj(m): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2015
sakafish:
its very very bad... you should dress official when going for an interview... native dress can automatically disqualify someone... I have a lady going for an interview with lase materials with ujab, she was sent away ni oh

My Friend ....I attended an interview were I decided to use Native and among 40 interviewees I was the only person on native....guess wat...I was among the 5 candidates selected...#Team Engineering..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank PANEL INTERVIEW Who Else Got It Or Went? / Zenith Bank Aptitude Test Questions / Grant Thornton Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.