Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (3861 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / One More Reason Why You Shouldnt Bother To Praise God. *MUST READ* / A Must Read: The Dust Raised By John Kumuyi's Wedding! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2006
grin grin Dear Olabowale,
You have confirmed totally - in your absolute ignorance and obedience to the blood sucking monster called muhammed - that there are NO MODERATE muslim as some of you will want to present yourself. Read this part of your post:

olabowale:

I was going to ask you to gather yourselves, your women and your children and your households to harnestly pray to God and then call the wrath of God on you if you are lying. We will do the same. But I stop because Muhammad (AS) showed mercy on the people of Taif, when he could have commanded they the city be destroyed. So he did the same with makka.

You can call the wrath of your "Baalim" called allah from now till kingdom come and nothing will happen because he lives in a stone covered by black cloths, has eyes but cannot see, hears but cannot hear and cannot save and those who worship him are like him. Have you not heard of the encounter of Elijah and the prophets of Baal We serve a living God, my friend. You see you have revealed the innate violence that is the very heart of the islamic religion. [/b]YOU ARE ALWAYS AFRAID TO ENGAGE IN INTELLECTUAL DEBATE HENCE THE GROWTH OF FUNDERMENTALISM IN YOUR RANKS[b]
I actually thought highly of you until now, that I realised you are as low as low could get in your reasoning. What your quran did is to plagiarise the bible, add some facts of Jesus and falsifications too in order to discredit the divinity and sonship of Jesus; this is an attempt to block you from knowing the truth such that you will continually be a 'slave of baalim/allah while following his monstrous blood sucking messenger call muhammed, are you not thinking?
Lord have mercy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2006
@Havila: So you got scared. Yet you want us to believe that you are true believer in christianity. You are scared of death. Oh, it will come, whether you want it or not. Give yourself another 100 years, you will die off. If at that time you are not dead, you will ask for death to come for you.

I simply stated that verse in the Qur'an to show how clear is Islam. Yet, you professed your believe in the death of Jesus, but are not wishing to back it up. Afterall, you you said you are a believer and his blood had washed away your sins. Aren't you ready for paradise. Oh, you are not sure now. You cower like a person who has no faith. See, only empty barrel will make the loudest noise. I only asked that we all pray to God and ask for His decision in a wrath to come upon the liars.

Thats too much for you. Brother Havila, 30 something years ago, i thought i was the king of the hill. Today, I know that i am a mere mortal. In those days i feared nothing. Today, with the slightest sign of middle age, I definately know that i have to seek God in the truest path to victory, not pardition. I ask you to do the same. Afterall, you are not an infant. You have acquired some sins, impurities on your record. What will you say to your Lord on the day where there is no more bargaining. Jesus died for my sin? What will happen when you hear jesus denying your claim of him, what then? Think about it, men.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2006
Seriously uncle Olabowale,
There is total dissociation between your reading, assimilating, understanding and writing. Why do you think I am scared, of what, you calling on allah? or what. No, what I stated is that you've uncovered the violence in the sub-concious of the so called 'peace-loving' moderate muslims. By trying to avoid intellectual debate and looking for a way to 'destroy' your opponents, you are trying to do what bros muhammed asked you to do. and you've failed. We know the truth, your is an idolatrous religion with a constant urge to violence and shedding of blood to your deity[b]-allah-[/b] who lives inside a stone called the 'kaaba so your must face him at all times to pray toward the sun. Uncle, it is not too late, my paternal grandmother gave her life to Jesus at 90 years of age, a year before she died, of her own accord when she realized the truth. Please, you will live long, dont be afraid of middle age or early life or any age, put your heart and soul right with God.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2006
kdk you aint my karma grin grin
ola and firdau pls leave havila alone
he's a confused and tormented person
pls lets talk about our holy month in its thread cuz its almost here
for no matter what you say here it wont matter to him or others like him.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2006
O'yes Mukina 2,
Your holy month is almost here or is it here?, you are waiting for the 'appearance of the new moon' to begin fasting toward your god,abi? where did the old moon go? F***ing astrologers and astral worshippers!! tongue grin
YOU WILL BE SAVED!!!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2006
*hissssssss*

may allah have mercy on ur soul
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by 4getme1(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2006
Uh-oh!! I'm outa here for the mo.

Psst: Muki-babe, how bodi??  cheesy

Seun: is there a way that you could upgrade the emoticons to include some winks? I think Mukina2 wants us to confirm whether we are cowards or liars (whichever applies) as men, by winking with our eyes. (Now, I wonder what applies to women - esp babes as young as muki-babe  grin ). Let me see: a philosopher once said that men will resort to lies as a last resort; but with women, a lie is first-aid. So, give us some 'plaster emoticons' as well, you hear me?? Enjoy!!  cheesy  grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2006
@havila: When I say middle age, thats what I am. Thank God, I am young looking and have the strength to match. This is due to the Wudu water for my salah. As you know, people die young. Some babies are delivered dead. Yet others live for just a short time. Others also live a full life. People live to be 100 years and above. But all must die.About lack of comprehension, I am very grateful to allah who has given me enough knowledge to know exactly what will benefit me. Yet, i went to a very good engineering school in America.
Further i hold my own in business, internationally. I am grateful, always to God. The point i have made to you which you did not realise is this; No matter how you color it, a terrible presentation is a terrible presentation. It just does not work. You are the same chap that started a thread that Qur'an should not be read. You are talking to over a quarter of the world's population. From these people, you have scientist, academicians of different fiels. You have people whose bloodline have been in this religion for many generations and yes, you have the western people, Blacks and white and the new immigrants. It is not unintelligent to make such a proposal. Yet, there are young Ibo lawyers who have just accepted islam. My mother at her old age just accepted Islam. i was her as i was growing up, eating pork. Yet she was the same woman i suckled from, her womb i started my existence.

there is nothing new about your grandmother from your father side going out of islam at 90 and dead the following year. God knew her heart. Are your parents also christians? Nothing new about that, if it is so.

Muhammad's beloved Uncle, who did not fail to protect him as long as he lived, died as a non Muslim. Yet that Uncle's son, Ali Abitalib accepted islam from the first moment of the first five verses of Qur'an were revealed. Inshort, he said to his cousin, Muhammad (AS) who asked him to take permission from his father before accepting Islam, the young man replied that his life is different and separate from his father.

I am just a muslim without any label. I wear suit when I feel like it. I also wear others, including the nigerian clothings which i am now acquiring. As to the fact that we pray to the sun, I now realised that you may have been refering to this by your asking me about direction of prayer.

Unfortunately, you have so little knowledge about islam. Yet, in London you have so many Muslims and a means of acquiring an English translation of what the Qur'an verses may mean. Then I ask you where do the people who are in the vicinity of the Ka'aba face when they pray? That will be your answer. You can googgle it you know.

So now, some of the christians hypothesised that the Muslims worship the moon on moon god, yet you may have started a trend that the muslim worship the sun or sun god. Can you imagine if your idea is unchallenged and it is allowed to run free for many years, decades and centuaries. What will the enemies of islam say at that time. Some wll day, they worship the moon, yet some will say it is the sun.

In truth all will be lying. For sure, all worship belong to Allah the Almighty alone.

Havila, why all the cursing? This is very unbecoming. You should stop it. Afterall, you are supposed to take a slap on one cheek and meekly turn the other for good measure. But here, no one has slapped you, but you started the beating down. See what is going on. If you continuw to insult a woman, then where is your manhood. Yet your christian brother is eager for fornication, which is against Islam. I hope it is against yours as well.

Take care.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2006
Dear Uncle Ola,
Sun, moon or star, the fact is that you guys are refined astrologers and the truth is that you are not serving a living god. It is my responsibility as a Child and Son (not slave) of the living God (yes I am a Son of God by adoption through faith in Jesus Christ smiley) to challenge and try to expose every wile that the enemy (satan) is using to blind the eyes of people from knowing the "way, the truth and the life" and islam is one of them. It is an idolatrous religion propagated by violent confusionists for the confused to keep them in perputal state of confusion; hence the need to spread it by the sword. But those who live by the sword shall die by the sword, unless they become saved, that is.
With all due respect, regardless of the number of degrees you have or your professional affiliations, all are worthless afterall "what profiteth a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?"
As per the matured joke being shared from 4get_me to mukina2, well that is there own business, but in your attempt to judge, you've quickly labelled him as fornicator, so what next, let us go and stone him to death abi??Uncle, na waa for you o grin You need to chill out and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and al-mashi/Saviour.

Right now as I am writing to you, in London, the Home Secretary is trying to engage muslimas amd muslimis in east london in discussion of how to arrest radicalisation of young muslims, but rather than engage in an intellectual discussion they are heckling the old man, calling him kafir inside the mosque. Yet, the government gave you right to live and work here but in return you must destroy the nation of "Kafirs until the black flag of islam is hanging at 10 Downing Street" (equivalent of White House in London). Do you see the what corrupt indoctrination of violence called islam is doing??
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2006
olabowale:

In my next entry, I shall list some verses of Qur'an. If you care to read them,you have to open the Qur'an yourself and do some research.

Three entries later, we are still waiting for the list of Quranic verses!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by 4getme1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2006
I was outa the Forum a moment ago because my break at lunch time from work was over. But a quick one here as my colleagues in the office who are reading as well have called my attention to a line Olabowale's:

olabowale:

If you continuw to insult a woman, then where is your manhood. Yet your christian brother is eager for fornication, which is against Islam. I hope it is against yours as well.

To be sure, fornication is a heinous sin in the Bible; but how my earlier greeting to mukina2 translates into "fornication" by Islamic standards really beats me. Please be reminded that the same mukina2 acknowledged my greeting elsewhere without so much as a hint of suggestive motives tending to your insinuations. This is what she said: "4getme hmm no comment its true", and you can read it here by clicking on this link. Nowhere did she suggest that I was soliciting for fornication from or with her. Haba!! Uncle Olabowale, wetin we go do naw. . .?? Make I run from your next fatwa?  cheesy

Besides, I'm happily married - and my wife sent me a text a while ago to laugh at my joke with mukina2. Where is your mind, bigger bros??  cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2006
4get_me: You do not have a Fatawa coming from me. Afterall, I am learning, as we go along. My mind is very clear. I do not insinuate anything, I try to make my action very plain. Being married to more than one woman is not a sin in Islam. Infact God through Islam shows His mercy as to condition of marriage. It is very clear. There is none of the artificial, human restrictions which creat hardship on man and woma. One wife and many a girlfriend is not allowed. There is clear guidelines.

Fortunately, Islam marries faith and reason together. This is the crock of the Pope's misadventures. Christianity is telling God that there is reasoning that must be applied as a litmus test to God's law if it is to be accepted.

So I ask myself; Where is that litmus test of reasoning that gives the fool proof results to Jesus godship, Jesus godsonship, God unfair dealing that He sent Jesus to unfair death, so much so that Jesis have to cry out on the cross. Where is reasoning when one is deducing that God, the Most Merciful have to forgive through blood letting and grusome death of an innocent man in the hands of hudlooms and thugs. Where is reasoning my people. I do not see an shadow of it. This is saying it very mildly.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2006
olabowale:

Fortunately, Islam marries faith and reason together. This is the crock of the Pope's misadventures. Christianity is telling God that there is reasoning that must be applied as a litmus test to God's law if it is to be accepted.
So I ask myself; Where is that litmus test of reasoning that gives the fool proof results to Jesus godship, Jesus godsonship, God unfair dealing that He sent Jesus to unfair death, so much so that Jesis have to cry out on the cross. Where is reasoning when one is deducing that God, the Most Merciful have to forgive through blood letting and grusome death of an innocent man in the hands of hudlooms and thugs. Where is reasoning my people. I do not see an shadow of it. This is saying it very mildly.

If indeed Islam marries faith and reasoning together, then it is either a false statement or Muslims don't reason at all. I see no logic behind the burning of churches, killing an innocent nun, declaring a world wide day of anger all for the sake of a 14th century quote!

The "reason" behind the price that Christ paid on the cross is completely alien to you seeing you grope in the dark. Until you come into the light of Christ that salvation gives freely then you will continue to ask yourself unnecessary questions.

It is a wonder that you even have time to thinnk about "God unfair dealing that He sent Jesus to unfair death, so much so that Jesis have to cry out on the cross", with all the atrocities commited by your fellow hooligans in the name of one blood thirsty allah, with the ambiguity that enshrouds the quran and its quraish prophet, it is a great wonder that you even have the time and space to wonder about the loving and compassionate death of God on the cross for our sins.

Where did you hear that reasoning is required as a litmus test of God's laws? Have you applied a little reasoning to the bedlam that your fraud of a religion has unleashed on the world of late?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by 4getme1(m): 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2006
@olabowale,

There's something about your inputs that makes me wonder if you actually take a good look at issues before typing away. Not minding so much about the man-woman palava and Islam's allowance of four wives (or 72 virgins for some jihadists), let's move on to some other matters.

1. Does Islam actually marry faith and reason together - with the very predictable Muslim garboil that we often see at the slightest insinuations?? The Pope only quoted a 14th century text about what Islam was perceived to be by the people of that era; and the reaction of most Muslims around the world only goes to prove that Islam hasn't grown up to the present realities of life.

2. Regarding Jesus' deity and divine Sonship, it's quite simple: the litmus test is for you to either (a) deny *Allah's* claim in the Qur'an as false in having stated that *Allah* gave the Psalms to David (Sura 4:163); or (b) accept that the Psalms as endorsed by the Qur'an actually points out both the deity and divine Sonship of the Messiah - Jesus.

That is the litmus test you ought to apply before taking up issues with what stares you in the face on the pages of the Qur'an. If Islam forbids the deity and divine Sonship of Jesus, as well as His crucifixion, why did it take the trouble to claim that *Allah* was the very one who gave the Psalms to David - the very same Psalms that categorically proclaim these matters? Why denounce what *Allah* in the Qur'an affirms by direct implication to the claim of being the author of the Psalms that declare Jesus' deity and Sonship??

3. How sad that you're the one making the statements about God's forgiveness through blood-letting. Is that not the very same thing that Muhammad preached - that his own version of *Allah* is most merciful and often forgiving when his followers engage in mind-staggering blood-letting? A quote here:

Q.9:5 -- "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."

Now, in such graphic language of blood letting, one wonders if you remembered to read texts like that in the Qur'an before asking the question you raised: "Where is reasoning when one is deducing that God, the Most Merciful have to forgive through blood letting and grusome death of an innocent man in the hands of hudlooms and thugs." Who are these "hudlooms and thugs" that followed Muhammad in Q.9:5 into wrecking so much havoc on the innocent on Muhammad's pronouncements and denunciations of them as *Pagans*, and yet proclaim that *Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful*?? I guess that is stating it very mildly indeed.

Let me relax this fine evening (and thank God for it), since you're gracious enough to not pronounce a fatwa on me. Enjoy cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2006
@4get_me: I intend not to waste my time who do not reflect on matters which are very important to life and death. In the past, I have stated that the Qur'an has confirmed that there is corruptions in the Bible as a whole. This corruptions started some times after the prophet that received the portion in revelation left the stage. So for Old testament, there was some form of corruption before Jesus came to the stage. In the case of the whole Bible, the corruptions had become the norm by the time Muhammad (AS), entered the stage of Mankind.

You will find in the Qur'an argument indicating this corruptions. This is not to say that the whole of the Bible is false. In the Bible you will see where is declared as One. Not two, three, etc.

As to the fights in Qur'an, you will find that the first fight and every fight that the Muslims were involved in, none did they initiate. You are allowed to defend yourself. It is a honorable thing to do. It is natural. When you push a person against the wall, even the meekest of individual will defend his/her honor. People fight back.

Why don't you read and reflect before you respond to me. I thought my entry went directly to your einquiry.

Maybe, I disagree with you. Hence, it was natural for you to think that I have no brain. My idea is to aggitate your thought. The Bible is a very romantic reading. I give that to it.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Wumine(f): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2006
Havila and all the "believers" on this forum. May God continue to bless you and may you continue to grow in knowledge. You guys are really fantastic and i love u all!

mukina2, Olabowale and co: About the muslim girl, i wont even touch one with a 10ft pole!

love know no barriers watch what you say or you would eat those words later

who said love knows no barrier? you know u muslims are real heartbreakers amongst other things. you can go out with xtian gals bi=ut when it comes to marriage its either your parents say no or she must convert before you can marry her. but your gals dare not try marrying xtians,cos if they do they will be disowned if not killed! there is no peace or love in that.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by 4getme1(m): 11:39am On Sep 21, 2006
Dear olabowale,

You're going round in circles and losing the plot of your own arguments. Let me ask you a few questions:

1. If the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, was corrupt before Jesus appeared on the scene in His ministry, why did He quote from the same "corrupt" OT to prove that God's Word was still true and authoritative in His day? Sample a few:

Mat 5:18-19.
"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

2. If the Gospel of Jesus Christ was "corrupt" after He left the scene, why then does the Qur'an endorse the same Gospel of Jesus as having come from *Allah* - did *Allah* give you guys the same "corupt" Injil while knowing that they were already corrupt before Muhammad started praising them in the Qur'an??

3. If it was ever possible that the Injil (Gospel of Jesus Christ) could be allowed to suffer any "corruption" after *Allah* gave it, then by implication you're saying that it's either *Allah* was unable and defenceless to preserve his *Injil*, or he deliberately allowed Muhammad a 'corrupted version' to place in the Qur'an, so that today you guys can banter off that excuse. Why is that so?

4. This leads to an interesting point: if *Allah* was defenceless to preserve any book he sent down, revealed and confirmed; then also he was defenceless to preserve the Qur'an from being burnt by the third Caliph Uthman who produced a political redaction with his gang. If the Qur'an was ever so pure from the onset, why did Caliph Uthman order that other copies of the Qur'an be burnt?

5. When you guys offer these tales of a corruption of the Bible before Muhammad came on the scene, please think properly and ask yourselves: (a) in what year exactly was the "original" Bible given by *Allah* corrupted? (b) who actually corrupted *Allah's* 'original' Bible - since he claims to have sent down and revealed the books of the Bible, including the Psalms of David and Law of Moses? (c) what texts or parts of *Allah's* original Bible were corrupted? (d) what in particular did *Allah's* original Bible say in Psalm 2:12, Mark 1:1 and John 1:1?? (e) What other parts of *Allah's* original Bible do you actually know of that you can produce here for all to read, containing the exact words that *Allah* gave in his own *pure Bible* before Muhammad? Etc. . . ask for more and I'll be too glad to oblige you about 500 - no jokes.

olabowale:

Maybe, I disagree with you. Hence, it was natural for you to think that I have no brain. My idea is to aggitate your thought. The Bible is a very romantic reading. I give that to it.

Now if "the Bible is a very romantic reading," that says a lot about what *Allah* sent down, revealed and confirmed! cheesy My goodness! Was this why Muhammad went ahead with no less than 9 wives (maybe more), and ordered only 4 for his followers?

Okay, seriously and jokes apart. Whenever you take a slap at the Bible, please remember that you're doing it for *Allah's* sake - for he said that he was the one who gave it before Moses. Thank you.

As to the fights in the Qur'an, I give you the airspace so we don't argue out of control and spin into an e-fight. I love you, brother. . . and this is not trying to flatter you; but you still have my respect.

But one thing I wonder is this: what or how were the Muslims in northern Nigeria defending themselves by killing non-muslims who did not provoke or push them by any stretch? So, just because some people are muslims, it is alright to go on rampage and kill just about anyone for an event that took place far from were Muslims mayhem broke out? I guess not, and that is why you also should carefully weigh your points before making replies.

Regards cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by firdaus4us: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2006
I am very sure Havila knows nothing. I refuted him, still he has hand to write, you had better cover your faces in shame. I am your supervisor for this project. I cancelled everything, you have to start all over again. You are not competent to handle it, I will give some other topics to choose from. Ok, choose from romance forum-where song of Solomon will be very useful, job, entertainment,
Tell us the month Jesus counted during his life on earth.
Allah didn't send bible down at all. That book written by people inspired by holy demon.
Besides, is your spirit when you die, holy? Don't say that! Many holy spirit then.
How many wife(wives) has solomon, mose, abraham, david, ?
You mean, prophet of God became inebriate & then fornicated with his children. Wonderful!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2006
@ olabowale
If your intention is to advise your christian brothers and sisters not to read the Qur'an, you are entitled to it. However, if you are athinking man, you will come to the conclusion, barring your hatred for your Northern Nigeria country citizens, that you are an insignificant person. You mean nothing to the Muslims and For sure your effort comes to ZERO,

well olabowale u have just shown us that u r not different from ur islamist fascist in middle east  or to the hausa fellows in nigeria that dont hesitate to kill non muslims

well from ur other postings u claim ur ready to fight  if given the opportunity

we dont u leave america and go down to lebanon to practice ur faith
u r in a secular state enjoying freedom and u still have guts to talk
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by firdaus4us: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2006
@davidslain,
They have defiated us from the topic "Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran".

davidslain, I said you should post your evidence(s) if you are truthful.

Pls religious nairalander, let us go back to the main topic.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by onikunkewu(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2006
Davidylan, i urge you to have more understanding of  the Quran before saying all these mombo- jombo statement.most of the Pastors,Evangelists and church ministers who have taken thier time to understand the Quran are now professed muslims and preaching the islamic gospel all over the world.Try to know more about the Quran and see changes in your life.MAY ALLAH SEE YOU THROUGH.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by segebee(m): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2006
i wouldn't have posted anything because of the reactions of muslims generally
but cos we're on nairaland LET ME HAVE ME SAY!!!!! smiley
i believe in christianity and not religion
xtians quoting quran and arguing against it have forgotten that they are called to be witnesses and not lawyers or judges
"A man convinced against his will is not convinced still"
i've learned this trying to preach to a catholic
God loves all of us and he sent Jesus to die for us
we are all guilty because if not for Jesus we're gentiles and not jews and have no hope of living
So before you condemn Islam think about how you were before you knew christ
I would love it if u could read heaven is so real by choo nam
Finally, the end-time is hear and we should be more concerned about winning souls and making heaven; living eternal life.
SHALOM
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by jamelia(f): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2006
davidylan, u jst gotta kip ur mouth shut b4 sumthin happens to ya, u dnt jst judge sumones religoin, u gotta mind ur buisness, be u a christain, jew , idol worshiper or n e thing, i got loadsa christian frends nd dier all great, so i dnt get wot u sayin dat u cant go near a muslim girl, ur such a KID, im outtie
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by segebee(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2006
i wouldn't have posted anything because of the reactions of muslims generally
but cos we're on nairaland LET ME HAVE ME SAY!!!!! smiley
i believe in christianity and not religion
xtians quoting quran and arguing against it have forgotten that they are called to be witnesses and not lawyers or judges
"A man convinced against his will is not convinced still"
i've learned this trying to preach to a catholic
God loves all of us and he sent Jesus to die for us
we are all guilty because if not for Jesus we're gentiles and not jews and have no hope of living
So before you condemn Islam think about how you were before you knew christ
I would love it if u could read heaven is so real by choo nam
Finally, the end-time is hear and we should be more concerned about winning souls and making heaven; living eternal life.
SHALOM
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2006
jamelia:

davidylan, u jst gotta kip your mouth shut before sumthin happens to ya, u dnt jst judge sumones religoin, u gotta mind your buisness, be u a christain, jew , idol worshiper or n e thing, i got loadsa christian frends nd dier all great, so i dnt get wot u sayin that u can't go near a muslim girl, your such a KID, im outtie

shocked From whence camest thou?
Who are you? Are you one of the "moderate" muslims? And pray! What is going to happen to me? Are you talking about sending your hordes of barbarians to come kill me (since i am but an infidel and ape in your "holy" book!) in the name of one certain Allah?
I laugh at your stupidity!

It is for the simple reason that western politicians have been "keeping their mouths shut" that the stone age barbarians in the middle east are now boasting of conquering Europe and raising the banner of Islam in Rome! For where they to respond with the same vile, Islam would have long ceased to exist!

As for the muslim girl, did not your "holy" book forbid muslim girls from marrying non-muslim men?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Backslider(m): 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2006
Muslims are absolutely certain that Allah revealed Quran through his angle Gabriel to Muhammad and nothing of that is changed.

Let us put this claim to the test. There is a hadith that reports Muhammad one night, riode on a winged horse that drove him from Masjidu’lHaram to Msjidu’l Aqsa (in Jerusalem) and from there to the seventh heaven where he was shown the hell and the paradise and then taken to the presence of Allah. This story that is commonly accepted by All the Muslims and is known as Mi’raj is also confirmed in Quran

Glory to (Allah)
Who did take His Servant for a journey by night,
From the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque.
-- Quran 17:1

Here we are not going to question the absurdity of such trip. Considering that it would take the light (fastest thing in the universe) 8 years to make a round trip to the closest solar system, and 30 billion years to the outskirts of the known universe, and considering that wings don’t serve beyond the atmosphere of the Earth, such trip performed on the back of a horse with wings in one night is just stuff of the fables. If Muhammad could travel from Medina to the presence of Allah, riding on a winged pony, and come back in one night, then Allah’s palace must be not much far from Medina. I wonder how come no one has found it yet? We are not also going to ask whether the gate of the heaven is in Jerusalem? Why Muhammad had to go to Masjidul’ Aqsa in order to go to heaven?

The biggest problem with this story is that the Masjid’ul Aqsa “Farthest Mosque” was built after the death of Muhammad.

When Omar conquered Jerusalem he performed a prayer in the site where Temple of Solomon used to stand. The Romans in 70 A.D destroyed that temple. Since then no temple, church or mosque stood on that spot. It was Calif ‘Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan who built the Dome of the Rock around 691 A.D. i.e 72 years after Hijrah. And Masjidu’l Aqsa was built on the Temple Mount by the end of the 7th century. This is reported in The Concise Encyclopedia of Islam, Harper & Row, 1989, p. 46 and 102.

Muhammad’s alleged Mi’raj took place around the year 622. At that time Jerusalem was in the hands of the Christians. There were no Muslims living there and certainly there was no Mosque in Jerusalem. 53 years after the death of Muhammad, Muslims built the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa on the site where Solomon had his temple

This makes one wonder that perhaps, just like the Bible, also Quran was written, manipulated and “enriched” years after its author passed away, permitting the fables that were constructed around Muhammad after his death to crepe into his book. Whoever has been the author of the verse 17:1, was not aware that Masjid ul Aqsa did not exist during the time of Muhammad and he could not have made his trip to heaven from a place that did not exist.

This, is an obvious blunder of those who compiled Quran so much so that many Islamic scholars, including Yusuf Ali are of the opinion that by Masjid’u’ Aqsa, it is intended the SITE of the building and not the actual building.

This apologetic line could have been a way out of the dilemma if it was not for the following Hadith, which unequivocally asserts that Masjid’ul Aqsa was an actual building which existed in the time of Muhammad.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 636:

Narrated Abu Dhaar:

I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was built first?" He replied, "Al-Masjid-ul-Haram." I asked, "Which (was built) next?" He replied, "Al-Masjid-ul-Aqs-a (i.e. Jerusalem)." I asked, "What was the period in between them?" He replied, "Forty (years)." He then added, "Wherever the time for the prayer comes upon you, perform the prayer, for all the earth is a place of worshipping for you."

Muslims could bring the excuse that “Masjid’ means any place of worship (sojda), that is why the prophet refers to the temple of Solomon as Masjid. In that case, all churches, synagogues and the Zoroastrian Ateshkadehs are Masjids. During the time of Muhammad there were many such “Masjids” built in cities much farther than Jerusalem. (i.e farthest from Mecca or Medina) and the Masjid’ul Aqsa actually was not the farthest mosque.

This hadith presents yet another problem. Masjid’ul Haram (Ka’ba) was allegedly built by Abraham. He lived about 2000 BC and the Temple of Solomon (the site of the Msjid ul’Aqsa) was built about 958-951 BC. There is a gap of about over 1040 years between the dates of the construction of the two buildings. His holiness Muhammad’s mistake was a mere one thousand years.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Wumine(f): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2006
@KDK
pls what is 'Karma'?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by babs787(m): 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2006
davdlyan

@ babs787
you have shown me nothing, you have simply "cut and paste" another man's confusion, until you are ready to articulate YOUR OWN grievances in the bible then we can sit down and discuss! Until then keep roaming in the darkness!

u said ve cut and pasted another man's confusion. another man's confuasion or whats in the bible. go thru ur bible and check urself. TRUTH STANDS FROM FASLEHOOD. I dsont have to be wasting time on you, i have lots of work to do. u r simply running and hiding the truth. u said i cut and pasted. from where? is it not from your own bible?

am still waiting for ur responxe. is it inspiration that msde the authrs of the bible to be writing different things for the same happening? and the bible said our God is not of confusion.

please dont divert my question pls
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2006
@ babs787

First you claim to have "many things to do" and in the same breath you are "waiting for my response"! Does that not sound iincongrous to you?

There's no time explaining the bible to you, it cannot make sense to a man groping in darkness though he spend eternity "searching" for answers!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2006
Is it the same koran that in its confusion says Mary the mother of Christ was the sister of Aaron and Moses?
God have mercy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2006
I know we are talking koran here but this is an interesting hadith.
A divorced and remarried woman went to Muhammad to complain that the man beats her and is not satisying her in bed and she wishes to return to her former husband,Muhammad amongst other things advices her to first go have sexual intercourse with the husband she wants to leave.
Read for yourselves.

"[b]Narrated Ikrima: 'Rifaa divorced his wife whereupon Abdur-Rahman married her. Aisha said that the lady came wearing a green veil and complained to her (Aisha) and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating. It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's messenger came, Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes! When Abdur-Rahman heard that his wife had gone to the prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him, but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment. Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's messenger! She has told a lie. I am very strong and can satisfy her, but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifaa." Allah's messenger said to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifaa unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." The prophet saw two boys with Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that Abdur-Rahman said, "Yes." The prophet said, "You claim what you claim (that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow."" (Hadith, Bukhari, vol. 7, # 715) [/b]
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2006
These should be common knowledge by now.
the three I made in bold should say it all.
Who says the terrorists need any other book other than the 'noble koran'

Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth of the people of the Book (the Jews and the Christians) until they pay the Jizya [tax on non-Muslims] with willing submission and feel themselves subdued." (Surah 9:29)

"Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other." (Qur'an 48:29)

"Enmity and hatred will reign between us until ye believe in Allah alone." (Qur'an 60:4)
Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them). And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily God doth see all that they do. (Qur'an 8:37-39)

And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. (Qur'an 2:193)

"Fight the unbelievers in your surroundings, and let them find harshness in you." (Qur'an 9:123)

"For he who believes in the Trinity, "the Fire will be his abode … a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemer." Qur'an (5:72-73)

(1) (2) (3)

Heaviest Economic Crises Comming Soon - Tb Joshua / Practical Christian Life Counselling / Do Animals Have Rights? [argumentative Discussion]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.