Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (3851 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / One More Reason Why You Shouldnt Bother To Praise God. *MUST READ* / A Must Read: The Dust Raised By John Kumuyi's Wedding! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 18, 2006
please do not bother trying to read that incoherent poem called the quran, you will only end up getting more confused. In some verses one certain Allah gives a command and then abrogates it a few verses later. He has no idea with what he "created" his slaves, either from a blood clot, water, dust, clay, nothing! He cannot find the "original" gospel he claimed to have "sent down" and "confirmed", he tells his slaves the world over to face east when praying to the kaaba including those in the north and south poles, is their own east facing the kaaba?
He cannot seem to come to a firm stand on how many wives his slaves are allowed to marry, 4 permanent ones, as many temporary wives, then as many slaves as you catch during war, later out of frustration he tells them to marry as many as they can love!

Do not bother reading his obvious lies and contradictions, his very name itself is a controversy. Not even his slaves can figure out whether it belongs to him or some prior idol. He claims to be the same god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob yet he does not seem to have been in existence when the fathers of our faith where alive. He says that blood thirsty bandit called Muhammed was his last messenger, did he intend the world to end after mo's death or why has he left his slaves without a messenger since then?

Do not waste your time trying to find answers to your questions in his book. His slaves are not sure who penned what down to make up the book, some claim some parts were edited and the rest burnt, others disagree. His slaves themselves are so confused about the book the only way they can "successfully" defend their "faith" is to quote from the bible they claim has been corrupted.
Ask them who sent Muhammad and they immediately turn to quoting the sending of the Comforter in the bible. Ask them if Muhammad was prophesied prior to his birth and pronto they open Isaiah to quote from the verse about camels and Arabia. Ask them about Muhammad's murderous lifestyle and they point to Exodus!

His slaves have no idea if he is merciful, they do not know if they will go to heaven, infact Muhammed himself was not so sure if his campaign of terror would earn him 72 virgins and rivers flowing with beer.
Do not read a book that glorifies pedophilia, sanctions sodomy, religious intolerance and sex with animals. Do not read a book that does regards your mother as no better than a camel, don't waste your time on a book that commands you to kill others, refers to them as apes and infidels, and is ambigous at best.

If you are expecting his slaves to quote from the quran, i fear you will be there till Jesus comes. We have been trying to get them to quote from it since last yr and yet the best they can do is post bogus "101 contradictions in the bible", they do not read the quran themselves, they have no understanding of it, please if you have serious questions direct them to the nearest mosque, however, you do so at your own risk!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by firdaus4us: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2006
@davidylan,
I need ur evidence.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by leketoye(m): 11:59am On Sep 18, 2006
@davidylan,

Guy I hope there's no clue whatsoever as to your location on your profile.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2006
post the relevant verses where you think there is confusion

pls keep ur malicious thoughts we are muslims we are proud of our religion,
be you christian,jew or whatever stay there,
if you want to attack write an open latter to bin laden or to the ones you think oppress you,
better still write one to the muslims in nigeria and stop attacking our glorious religion
we are a religion of peace and tolerance

ciao
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by TayoD(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2006
I wonder why I do not I believe this!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2006
believe what you like?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by babs787(m): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2006
DAVIDYLAN.

u claimed the Quran has contradictions, pls prove it. but i will show you bible's cntradictions and pls explain to me pls

CONTRADICTIONS

1. The Genealogy of Joseph or Jesus? (Compare Mathew and Luke. Mathew has 28 while Luke has 42 different names) which should we accept? Explain please

Mathew 1v18 Luke 3v23
S/No
1 David David
2 Solomon Solomon
3 rehoboam Mattatha
4 Abijah menna
5 Asa Melera
6 Jehosaphat Eliakim
7 Joram Jonam
8 Uzziah Joseph
9 Jotham Juda
10 Ahaz Simeon
11 Hezekiah Levi
12 Manasseh Matthat
13 Amos Jorim
14 Josiah Eliezer
15 Jechoniah Joshua
16 Altiel Er
17 Zerubbabel Elmadam
18 Abiud Cosam
19 Eliakim Addi
20 Azor Melchi
22 Zadok Neri
23 Achim Shealtiel
24 Eliud Zerubbabel
25 Eleazar Rhesa
26 Matthan Joanan
27 Jacob Joda
28 Josech Josech
29 jesus Semein
30 Matathias
31 Maati
31 Naggai
33 Esli
34 Nahuro
35 Amos
36 Mattathias
37 Joseph
38 Jannai
39 Melchi
40 Levi
41 Matthat
42 Heli
43 Joseph
44 jesus

QUESTION: PLS EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE IN THE LIST

2 CONTRADICTORY NAMES OF JESUS DISCIPLES

S/NO MATHEW 10V2 & MARK 3V16 LUKE 6V4
1 Simon the cananaan Simon called Peter
2 Simon called Peter Andrew hi brother
3 Andrew James son of Zabadee
4 James son of Zabadee John his brother
5 John Philip
6 Philip Bartholomew
7 Bartholomew Mathew the tax collector
8 Mathew Thomas
9 Thomas James son of Alphaus
10 James son of Thadaeus Simon the zealot
11 Lebaous called Thadaeus Judas the son of James
12 Judas the Iscariot Judas the Iscariot

NOTE: MATHEW & MARK ADD: LEBAOUS & SIMON THE CANANNAN BUT OMIT SIMEON THE ZEALOT AND JUDAH BROTHER OF JAMES WHILE LUKE ADDS SIMOEON THE ZEALOT AND JUDAH BROTHER OF JAMES AND OMIT LABAOUS & SIMEON CANANNAN.

SO PLS EXPLAIN WHY DIFFERENT NAMES.

3. WHO’S SON IS JOSEPH?

Mathew 1v16: joseph the carpenter is the son of Jacob.
Luke 3v23: Joseph the carpenter is the son of Heli.

QUESTION, WHICH DO WE ACCEPT?

4. HOW MANY DID JESUS APPEARED TO?

Ist Corinthians 15v5: Jesus appeared to the twelve (12) disciples after he rose
Mathew 28v16: Jesus appeared to eleven (11) disciples before he rose.

QUESTION: HOW MANY DID HE APPREAD TO/ EXPLAIN THE CHANGE PLS

5. IS JESUS RECORD/WITNESS TRUE OR NOT TRUE?

john 8v4: if I bear record of myself, yet my record is true
john 5v31: if I bear rwitness of myself, my witness is not true

QUESTION: SO WHICH ONE OF THE TWO

6. WHEN DID THE STORY OF THE FISHERMEN HAPPENED?

Luke 5v1: the story of the fishermen happened at the beginning of Jesus’ mission (see also Mathew 4v18).
John 21v1: the story of the fishermen happened after jesus was resurrected from the dead.

QUESTION: SO WHICH DO WE CHOOSE AND WHY?

7. WHEN DID JESUS PURIFIED THE TEMPLE?

Mathew 21v18: Jesus purified the temple from the sellers before he passed by the fig tree tree which he cursed.
Mark 11v12: Jesus purified the temple from the sellers after he passed by the fig tree.

QUESTION: SO WHEH DID HE PURIFIED?

8. WHO PROVOKED DAVID: SATAN OR GOD?

2nd Samuel 24v1: God provoked david against Israel and said go and number them
1st chronicles 21v1: satan provoked david against Israel and orderd him to go and number Israel.

QUESTION: WHO PROVOKED WHO?

9. HOW MANY CHARIOTS DID DAVID SLEW?

2nd Samuel 10v18: david slew 700 chariots of the Syrians
1st Chronicles 19v18: david slew 7000 chariots of the Syrians.

QUESTION: SO MANY DID HE ACTUALLY SLEW?

10. WHEN DID CRUCIFIXTION TOOK PLACE?

Mark 15v25: it was the third (3rd) hour and they crucified him
John 19v14: : it was the sixth (6th ) hour and he was not crucified him.

QUESTION:WHEN WAS JESUS CRUCIFIED?

11. WHO CARRIED THE CROSS OF JESUS?

Mathew 27v32: they compelled Simon to bear the cross of Jesus (see also Luke 23v26, mark 15v21)
John 19v17: jesus was bear his cross alone.

QUESTION: WHO CARRIED THE CROSS?”

12. WHAT DID THEY GIVE JESUS TO DRINK?

Mark 15v23: they gave him wine mingled with myrrh to drink.
Mathew 27 v34: they gave him vinegar mingled with gall to drink.

QUESTION; WHAT DID HE DRINK?

13. HOW MANY THIEVES INSULTED HIM/

Mathew 27v44: the two thieves who were crucified with him were insulting him
Luke 23v39: one of the thieves was reviling jesus and the other rebuked him (the other0 saying do you not fear God?

QUESTION: HOW MANY INSULTED JESUS?

14. NO ONE MAN HAS SEEN GOD

1st john 4v12: no man has ever seen God.
Gen 32v23: so Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying “for I have seen God face to face”.
Exodus 33v11: thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face.

QUESTION; HAS ANYONE SEEN GOD OR IS MOSES EXCLUDED FROM BEING A MAN?

15. HAS ANYONE ASCENDED TO HEAVEN?

John 3v13: no one has ascended to heaven
kings 2v11: Elijah went up by a whirl wind into heaven
2nd chorinthians 12v2-3: I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heavens.
Hebrew 11v5: by faith Enoch (Idris) was taken up to heaven alive and not back on earth.
QUESTION; SO WHICH SIDE ARE YOU?

16. IS IT WHEN THERE IS NO LAW THERE IS NO SIN OR VICE VERSA?

Roman 4v15: where thee is no law there is no transgression
Roman 2v12: all who have sinned without law will also perish.

QUESTION: SO WHICH IS RIGHT?

17. WILL THE FATHER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SON’S SINS?

Deutronomy 24v16: the fathers shall not be put to death for the children ………,
Ezekiel 18v20: …………nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son……
Isaiah 14v21: prepare slaughter for his sons because the guilt of their fathers.

QUESTION: SO WHICH ONE DO WE ACCEPT?

18. IS ADULTERY ALLOWED?

Exodus 20v14: you shall not commit adultery
Hosea 1v2: the Lord said to Hosea “ go take to yourself a wife of harlotry.
Hosea 3v1: and the lord said to me, “go again, love a woman who is beloved of a paramour and is an adulteress.

QUESTION: WHICH OF THE ABOVE IS CORRECT WITH EXPLANATION PLS.

19. THE RIGHTEOUS DOES NOT FALL ILLS OR DO NOT?

Proverb 12v21: no ills befalls the righteous
Proverb 24 v16: for a righteous man falls seven times.

QUESTION; SO WHICH OF THE TWO IS CORRECT?

20. IS MAN MADE IN GOD’S IMAGE OR NON COMPARED OR LIKEN TO GOD?

Genesis 1v26-27: God said, let us make man in our own image.
Isaiah 46v5: to whom will you liken me and make me equal and compare me, that we may be alike.

QUESTION: PLS EXPLAIN.

FALSE CHARGES AGAINST JESUS “CONTRADICTIONS”

21. MUST WE STEAL OR NOT?

Exodus 20v15: you shall not steal
Mathew 12v1-4:, Luke 19v29-35: jesus disciples steal grains and jesus said David did so (steal).

QUESTION; IS STEALING ALLOWED?

22. CAN JESUS JUDGE?

John 5v22: the father judges no one, but has given all judgments to the son (jesus)
Psalm 50v6: the heavens declare his righteousness for God himself is judge.
Also check luke 12v4, john 12v47, john 8v15 are saying same thing.

QUESTION: IS JESUS OR GOD JUDGE?

23. CAN JESUS ASSURES SOMEONE HEAVEN?

John 14v3: when I go and prepare a place for you (heaven)
Mathew 20v20-23: to sit at my right hand and my left is not mine to grant, but it’s for those whom it has been prepared by my father.
Also john 5v30, mark 10v35.

QUESTION: WHICH ONE OF THE TWO?

24. WAS JESUS GIVEN THE THRONE OF HIS FATHER (DAVID)

Luke 1v31-32: and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David (in Jerusalem)
John 18v36: my kingship is not of this world.

QUESTION: WHICH DO WE ACCEPT?

25. DID JESUS ANSWER ALL PILATE’S QUESTIONS?

John 18v33-37: jesus gave answers to all the posers pilate put to him.
Mathew 27v13-14: , he gave him (pilate) no answer, not even to a single charge.

QUESTION: SO DID JESUS ANSWER OR NOT, EXPLAIN THE PASSAGE PLS.

26. WHAT DID JUDAS DO WITH THE MONEY GIVEN TO HIM?

Mathew 27v5-8: ……and throw down the money the pieces of selves in the temple…….
Acts 1v16-18: …, and he was allotted his sharing in his ministry. Judas bought a field with blood money written, (cursed everyone hanged on a tree).

QUESTION ; SO WHAT DID HE DO WITH THE MONEY?

27. DID THOSE THAT SAW JESUS TELL ANYBODY ANYTHING?

Mark 16v8: they said nothing to anyone, as they were afraid.
Luke 24v8-9: they told all this to the eleven. And they remembered his words.

28. DID THEY HOLD JESUS OR NOT?

Mathew 28v1-9: …. Come up and took hold of his feet and worship him.
John 20v16-17: jesus said to her, ‘ do not hold me?

QUESTION: WHICH DO WE ACCEPT.

Based on all these, I believe a sincere Christian will know and believe that the bible is riddled with contradictions. This goes a long way to say that, the book given to jesus (Torah) is not in existence. Most of the teachings has been expunged and tailored to suit jewish teachings. Also out of all the books of the new testament,paul after deceiving people of seeing God wrote like 27 books. He was against jesus jesus teachings and never saw jesus during his time, it was only Barnabas, who witnessed jesus teachings but his book was not included in the bible today cos it told truth about jesus (sonship, blood atonement etc)(get a copy of the gospel of barnabas and read, very important). Also there are other books that were not included in the bible.

Based on the above, I want an honest Christian to do justice to all the numbered questions above.

Also watch out for the origin of bible, sonship of God, cruxifiction, who is paul etc

EXPLAIN PLS
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2006
@ babs787
you have shown me nothing, you have simply "cut and paste" another man's confusion, until you are ready to articulate YOUR OWN grievances in the bible then we can sit down and discuss! Until then keep roaming in the darkness!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by leketoye(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2006
@daviddylan
my brother, tread softly oh. If these folks declare a fatwa on you, you'll be on your own oh.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by BrownEyes4(f): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2006
Davidylan

What causes you to feel so much anger towards Muslims? Did you get your heart broken by a Muslim girl?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2006
Brown-Eyes:

Davidylan

What causes you to feel so much anger towards Muslims? Did you get your heart broken by a Muslim girl?

It is not anger dear, it is my own contribution to aid better understanding of the fraud that Islam is!

About the muslim girl, i wont even touch one with a 10ft pole!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by BrownEyes4(f): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2006
LOL
u funny
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2006
mukina2:

ciao

I'm sure the pope and the nun killed in Somalia are very much in agreement with you on this!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2006
davidylan:

I'm sure the pope and the nun killed in Somalia are very much in agreement with you on this!

no comment cuz nothing i say makes any difference
davidylan:

It is not anger dear, it is my own contribution to aid better understanding of the fraud that Islam is!

About the muslim girl, i wont even touch one with a 10ft pole!

love know no barriers watch what you say or you would eat those words later
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by BrownEyes4(f): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2006
If the Quran is corrupted, which i think it is, then the Bible is corrupted as well. All religions must have shared a common factor at some point in time. All we have to do is go back, find it and work towards improving ourselves as it was intended, before mankind decided they were above the laws of the Universe.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2006
Brown eyes as far as the CHRISTIANS are concerned the bible is' holy'
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by TayoD(m): 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2006
Brown eyes as far as the CHRISTIANS are concerned the bible is' holy'
And according to your koran, God's Word which includes the gospels and Torah cannot be changed under any cirscustance. So are you telling us that which your Allah supposedly authors in unholy?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2006
mister i never said the Holy Quran is not holy,

did you read brown eyes post?
i was being sarcastic mister cuz you guys think the Bible is the only source of truth
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2006
mukina2:

love know no barriers watch what you say or you would eat those words later

Love has eyes, ears, nose, tongue and a brain to think! It's not likely i will be eating those words in a million yrs, its either with me fully or not with me at all!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by BrownEyes4(f): 11:24pm On Sep 18, 2006
Davidylan

'Love thy neighbour as you would love thyself'

Isnt that the commandment that 'Jesus' gave to you or has Paul's teachings washed that out of your heart?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2006
Brown-Eyes:

Davidylan

Isnt that the commandment that 'Jesus' gave to you or has Paul's teachings washed that out of your heart?

his hatred for ISLAM thats why
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 19, 2006
Brown-Eyes:

Davidylan

Yeah, i'm sure that's what the poor somalian nun was trying to show to a lawless group of individuals before she was shot simply for being in the same religion as the pope!

And the Islamic version of that is?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 12:22am On Sep 19, 2006
Dear Browneyes/Mukina2/ Firdau4u/Olabowale and other muslims here, grab your Quran and do some research and get information on the following:
(1) The Quaran teaches that muslims must read and accept the Bible (Read Sura 5:47-50, Sura 55:69, Sura 2:53, Sura 10:94-95, Sura 4:82.

(2) The Quran testifies to the miraculous birth of Jesus through a virgin. (Sura 19:20, Sura 19:16-35)
- That Jesus was without sin (Sura 19:19)
-That Jesus performed many miracles including raising people from death. (Surah 3:119, Surah 5:113, Surah 22:73)
-That Jesus ascended into heaven and He is still there. (Surah 4:158) and He is coming back.
-Quran refers ro Jesus as Al-Masih i.e. the Messiah. (Surah 4:157, 171,172, Surah 9:31, Surah 3:45)
-Quran refers to Jesus as KALIMATULLAH i.e the Word of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 3:45) and also as Ruhun-minhu or Ruhullah i.e Spirit of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 58:22.) So is the Word of God and Spirit of God part of Him or a separate entity?. If possible, see Yusuf Alli's translation of the Quran, note 5365, p 1518, it states Jesus is the Very Spirit of God Himself.

(3) The Quran teaches that the followers of Jesus are superior (Read Sura 3:45 pleeaaseeeee and come on board fast)

(4) The Quran teaches that no one beside God can give life (Surah 22:73) and it also teaches that JESUS created and gave life (Surah 3:49, Surah 5:113). What does this mean?--by implication it means that Jesus must be God. From the QURAN!!!!!!

You ladies and gents sound like intelligent folks and I challenge you to read all the portions of the Quran referred to, it has been hidden from you by the imams, mullahs, and sheiks who have been preying on your ignorance but it is now revealed. In the whole of the quran there is not one verse that rejects the Bible as the infallible word of God but as I mentioned earlier it emphasises that you must read and accept it. Many of those who preach in your mosques know this but will rather hide it from you, TODAY has it been revealed, read (if you dare!!! I say) and You WILL NOT BOTHER TO READ THE QURAN AGAIN AFTERWARD but will get a Bible fast. Print this piece out and research. I love you with the love of God.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Shalom.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 19, 2006
Now we know where the "Moderate" muslims are; they don't exist!

The Myth of the 'Moderate' Muslim
An acquaintance asked me recently, in response to a statement of mine in a past article on the Danish cartoon crisis, if it was not possible for Islam to undergo the same "taming" process that Christianity underwent. Wouldn't most Muslims see the differences between the freedom of Western nations and the tyranny of Islamic nations? I had written: "Fundamentally, there is no such thing as a 'moderate' Muslim or a 'civilized' Islam, not when the core beliefs of the Koran and commands of the Hadith sanction the murder and enslavement of non-Muslims in an on-going jihad that will end only with the establishment of a global caliphate."

In the London Sunday Telegraph story of February 2nd, 2006, it was reported, "Muslim protests are incitement to murder, say Tories." Many of the placards carried by Muslim protestors outside the Danish embassy read, "Whoever insults a prophet, kill him," "Massacre those who insult Islam," and "Behead those who insult Islam." Can anyone credibly claim these injunctions are open to "interpretation"?

The authorities are trying to pin the blame for the inflammatory placards on "extremists" among the Muslim demonstrators, while excusing the rest of the chanting mob as their right of legitimate protest. However, just how blameless are those "moderate" chanters? They where there, and if by chance the "extremists" broke through the police cordon and set fire to the Danish embassy, would not the "moderates" have joined in the destruction and arson or shouted "God is Great" in encouragement, celebration, and triumph?

If "law-abiding" moderate Muslims are so "peaceful," why are they so silent when their brethren promise death, destruction and vengeance? Is not such a silence a sanction of the violent actions of the "extremists"? Who gives leave to the "extremists" to speak and act in their name? Those "moderates." They are not as guiltless as one might suppose. Their creed demands mental passivity, and they comply.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by firdaus4us: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2006
@Havila
Why did u just cut and paste everywhere? For your information, I have refuted all your proves in the topic that bears your post heading. I will also post  the same here:

@Havila
You are a liar. Why can't you quote the verse in full?

Q3:49. "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah.s leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah.s leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

By Allah's leave!

We Muslim accept all the past Books sent down by Allah. We accept all his Prophet, we say nothing bad about them, unlike you christian, only Jesus is good, the rest not holy.

Q2:285.
The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

If u believe that because of the miraculous birth of Jesus then God is his father, what about Adam? Eve?

Better put:
God is the Father and Mother of Adam
God is the Mother of Eve and Adam is her father. Can u reason?

Creation of Jesus?
Q3:59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Q22:73 "out of topic" Get a copy of Quran and check it.

I am very sure you never read the Quran in your life, why did u qoute from it what u know not? Q5:113 said nothing about giving life to the defunct! Not a mistake, you quoted it two times. Now your refutation below:

[b]Q5:110.
Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'

Q5:111.
"And behold! I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger. they said, 'We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims'".

Q5:112.
Behold! the disciples, said: "O Jesus the son of Mary! can thy Lord send down to us a table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said Jesus: "Fear Allah, if ye have faith."

Q5:113.
They said: "We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou hast indeed told us the truth; and that we ourselves may be witnesses to the miracle."

Q5:114.
Said Jesus the son of Mary: "O Allah our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with viands), that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a solemn festival and a sign from thee; and provide for our sustenance, for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs)."

Q5:115.
Allah said: "I will send it down unto you: But if any of you after that resisteth faith, I will punish him with a penalty such as I have not inflicted on any one among all the peoples." [/b]

Ponder very well upon the italiced words.

Q5:47-52 didn't tell Muslims read and accept the Bible. You are a liar. Quote the verses if u are truthful!

Infact Q5:71-72 u quoted, makes us to realised that Jesus said you will be in Hell if u call him Allah. Read below the verses:
71. They thought there would be no trial (or punishment); so they became blind and deaf; yet Allah (in mercy) turned to them; yet again many of them became blind and deaf. But Allah sees well all that they do.

72. They do blaspheme who say: "(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.

Q5:69 doen't even support your claim.
Q55:69 u quoted says "Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"
Q2:53, Q10:94-95, Q4:82, Q3:3, Q6:91, non of them support your argument.
Infact Q4:82 said "Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy."

Summarily, all the verses (Q2:53, Q10:94-95, Q4:82, Q3:3, Q6:91, Q5:69, Q55:69, Q5:47-52, Q5:113, Q3:49, Q5:71-72,
I still need your evidence that "The Quaran teaches that muslims must read and accept the Bible"

Jesus ascended into heaven
Yes, he ascended to the heaven by Allah's leave without being crusified contrary to your bible opinion that he was crusified.

Q4:157-159
157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

159. And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Q4:159 means on the death bed of each and everyone of you, christian, you shall be made to known by the Angel that Jesus son of Maryam was not crucified. It also means, when Jesus comes back to the surface of the earth, all christians alive then, will know that he was neither crucified nor raise from dead during his first life on earth.

Quran refers to Jesus as Al-Masih i.e. the Messiah.
Q4;171-172, didn't support you

Q4:171. O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Q4:172. Christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant,-He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).

Note the italiced words.
Q9:31 you qouted says nothing about messiah, it is even against u. Read below
"They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)."

Q4:157 has been quoted earlier. Non of the verses(Q4:157, 171,172, Q9:31, Q3:45) you qouted supports your arguments. Are you not then are a liar?.

Do u know what the Arabs called Al-masihu? Continue wallowing in hero, I may tell you later.

Quran refers to Jesus as KALIMATULLAH i.e the Word of God
We are all Kalimatullah even you. i.e Allah says be and it will definately be. Do you know the number of SPERMS your father ejaculated during intercourse with your mother? All fertilized the egg? That is Allah's word in operation.

The soul is from Allah, when we die the soul will go back to Him.
Q3:59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Ruhun-minhu or Ruhullah i.e Spirit of God
Definately yes, Ruhu means soul. Your own soul is from who? From holy demon/ghost?

Alhamdulillahi that you still believe that Jesus is not God.

The Quran teaches that the followers of Jesus are superior

Another lie. Read below;
Q3:45. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.

Qoute the verse and I will explain better to you. I know Allah said that, even in that surah,  but you didn't know the interpretation.

The Quran teaches that no one beside God can give life
For certain, nobody! But the verse, Q22:73, you qouted didn't say that.
Q22:73. O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

Surprisingly, you end your qoute with fallacy:
"it also teaches that JESUS created and gave life (Surah 3:49, Surah 5:113). What does this mean?--by implication it means that Jesus must be God"

Deductive Reasoning
1)If God can speak and Havila can speak, then God=Havila.
2)If Devil has eyes and Havila has eyes, then Devil=Havila
3)If Nunatics can walk and Havila can walk, then Havila is mad.
Tell me please if you need more.

We have read them and we found out that our imams, mullahs, and sheiks etc are right but YOU ARE A FOOL, DISSEMBLER and we are saved from your WILES.

@davidslain
Maintain the topic don't distract attention
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by mukina2: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2006
Firdaus4us

Allahuakbar my brother kiss
INshallah they shall see the greatness of our noble religion
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by firdaus4us: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2006
My sister Allah says
Q61:7.Who doth greater wrong than one who invents falsehood against Allah, even as he is being invited to Islam? And Allah guides not those who do wrong.

Q61:8. Their intention is to extinguish Allah.s Light (by blowing) with their mouths: But Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

Q61:9. It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).

Islam is the only religion accepted by Allah, it was not named after any person like Christianity after Christ, etc. In fact all the religion people claimed today follow that trend.
Christianity was named after the death of Jesus, hence he knows nothing about christianity, infact he will surely denies them on the day of Jugdement.

Christian, pls don't distract the topic because I know your reaction might distract us from the main topic.

Havila post enjoys us to read the Quran, to find the truth about Christ, Bible and Christianity as a whole but the normal topic posted by davidslain read "Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran!". Which?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2006
@All Muslims/Muslimas; Leave Davidlan alone. You can tell him the same thing, in many ways, but his heart is unresponsive. He can not understand it.

To him, someone was killed for his sins. Therefore, he is free of sins.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2006
firdaus4us:

normal topic posted by davidslain read "Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran!". Which?

Did you read my opening post? Have you made an attempt to refute all those allegations of the fraud that Islam really is? Are you still in doubt that Mohammed is the greatest fraud that ever lived, inventing a religion to put slaves like you in perpetual bondage!

There is not point reading the quran, it is simply a twisted version of bible stories sprinkled with words of hate and incitement to murder!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2006
Dear Firdu4u:
Thanks a lot because in your attempt to discredit all my findings from the Quran that shows the book is full of combination of 'plagiarism' and distortions, you've further confirmed it. I read through all your rebutal; and in the usual manner not once were you able to dispute the fact's I highlighted in my original post, which are quoted in the 'quranic verses', but rather you tried to look for alternative or confounding variables grin. I understand that you guys read quran and you must not think, but you need to look for the impied meaning of the words written for you to get any information. What you've done is simply read, quote and not think.Jesus is the spirit of God and word of God is not the same as you and I having souls. e.t.c
Yes, although the topic is about why people should not read the quran, that conviction will now be reinforced by the discovery that your so-called good book is full of admonitions from the bible (plagiarism) jammed with other falsehood simply to confuse you followers with a one-track or  tunnel-vision mind. So the verdict is that quran should be confined to the dustbin of history. This is an opportunity to engage in an intellectual debate about your idolatrous religion of violence called 'islam' (note the lower case)
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 4:45am On Sep 20, 2006
If your intention is to advise your christian brothers and sisters not to read the Qur'an, you are entitled to it. However, if you are athinking man, you will come to the conclusion, barring your hatred for your Northern Nigeria country citizens, that you are an insignificant person. You mean nothing to the Muslims and For sure your effort comes to ZERO, regarding Islam.

As to the ignorant claims that Al Qur'an Kariim is somewhat a copy of the Bible, give or take a little, a careful observation will point a person who has eyes to see, truly, ears to hear, truly and heart to reflect. If a person has any good soul, you will open the Qur'an and start with the first chapter. This chapter has many mnames. for our purpose, it will simply be called the opening chapter. When you read the seven verses of it, there is nothing similar to it in the Bible!

When you go to the second chapter, Suratul baqarah, you will find that the second verse declares that this is a book in it there is no doubt. I left the first verse because the meaning is known by Allah tabaraka wa ta'allah alone.

In every chapter of it except chapter 9, the praise of Allah is said before the recital. Where you have similar stories as you may have in the Bible, both in Old and New testaments, the story in the Qur'an is far different. It is different in details and eloquence. If you observe the story of Joseph in the Bible and the Qur'an, you will see extreme differnce. The story of Moses in the Qur'an is very comprehensive to it included the story of his contact witha teacher that God used to teach Moses about patience. This story you find in Suratul Kahf (The Cave).

There is a Chapter called Thunder. The story of Jesus in Al Imran, Al Maidah, Marian and others like Ambiya is very complete. Very clearly is the description of the life of Jesus (AS). God mentioned Jesus miracles, some were not mentioned in the Bible. God destroyed and emphatically states that Jesus was not god, part of God, not son of God and Jesus (AS) did not died or crucified.

Furtherobservation, you will see in Suratul ArRahman, where the Lord of the world described His power. You also see that in Suratul Hadid, which is the next chapter. You also have Suratul Waqiah. You have suratul Mulk which was about praising God Almighty.

My christian brothers and sisters, if it makes you feel good to emptily speak evil about Allah, His prescribed religion to mankind and His noblest of messenger (AS), who was sent to the world, then lets wait for the decision of Allah in the day of Judgement.

Those of you who shouts your filth about Islam, Allah said about you that your talk is tike the braying of the Donkey.

What is so interesting is that in all the over 14 centuaries of islam, Muslim have not fall into the same mistakes as the past generations, the Qur'an have remained unchanged. Its it clear that as much as the enemies of Islam have tried to infilterate this religion, with alltheir wealtha nd other resources as in Military and shear head counts, they have failed in injecting their venom into the religion. Of course, this was not by the smartness of the muslims, but it is God Himself Who is protecting it.

I was going to ask you to gather yourselves, your women and your children and your households to harnestly pray to God and then call the wrath of God on you if you arelying. We will do the same. But I stop because Muhammad (AS) showed mercy on the people of Taif, when he could have commanded they the city be destroyed. So he did the same with makka. Today, these two cities in arabia, there is no one who is not a muslim.

In my next entry, I shall list some verses of Qur'an. If you care to read them,you have to open the Qur'an yourself and do some research.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by KDK(m): 10:51am On Sep 20, 2006
@ Mukina,
Do you believe in karma? If you do, then know this. I am your karma grin .

(1) (2) (3)

End-time Bible Teaching: Why We Must Watch / Did Prayer Truely Cure's Hiv/aids / Pastor Bonné Moon-johnson Dies Unexpectedly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.