Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (3856 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / One More Reason Why You Shouldnt Bother To Praise God. *MUST READ* / A Must Read: The Dust Raised By John Kumuyi's Wedding! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2006
allah is indeed merciful
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2006
grin grin [b][/b]Seriously, judging from all these quotations from the Quran, it is very glaring that both the Quran and it's author-Muhammed-are an embarrassment to wisdom, and humanity
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2006
grin grin
Seriously, it is very clear that both the quran and it's author - Muhammed - are an embarrassment to wisdom and humanity.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2006
my last saying of the day.

Jesus Christ
    v
Muhammad

The Bible describes heaven, through the word pictures of a beautiful city, a garden paradise, but never in base sensual ways. Rev 22:12-17

Heaven, as promised in the Quran describes men drinking endless quantities of wine and sex with women to which he is not married (Suras 2:25; 4:57; 11:23; 47:15). We wonder why Muslims will not drink wine or commit adultery on their wives now? Does eternity make these sins right? This view of heaven is common and earthly and originates from the mind of men, not God. As Morey puts it: "The Quran's picture of paradise is exactly what a seventh-century pagan Arab would have thought wonderful."
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Roscodaddy(m): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2006
What happens to a man when he dies as a muslim,if I am not mistaken,I will be in paradise with enough chicks and booze,please I want that life here before I die, grin grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by MIZIEYA: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2006
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#770077]Blinks.

Criticising the Quran whilst studiously ignoring the contradicitions, lack of morals and inconsistencies throughout the so called holy bible, is flawed thinking.
[/color][/font]
[/b]
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Wumine(f): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2006
babyosisi:

Heaven, as promised in the Quran describes men drinking endless quantities of wine and sex with women to which he is not married (Suras 2:25; 4:57; 11:23; 47:15). We wonder why Muslims will not drink wine or commit adultery on their wives now?
[/b]

who said they dont?
this is very interesting!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2006
@ The Christians; Since you disagree with the Muslims' description of Paradise, please give your own version. Further, can you tell us the reward of an obedient male/female upon entering Paradise. What are the differences of paradise daily live and what is Hellfire's?

Cna anyone tell us what will be the relationship of family members who enter Paradise and that of the Hellfire inhabitants?

What type of foods, husband and wife relationship in paradise and what is that of hell?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2006
olabowale:

@ The Christians; Since you disagree with the Muslims' description of Paradise, please give your own version. Further, can you tell us the reward of an obedient male/female upon entering Paradise. What are the differences of paradise daily live and what is Hellfire's?

Cna anyone tell us what will be the relationship of family members who enter Paradise and that of the Hellfire inhabitants?

What type of foods, husband and wife relationship in paradise and what is that of hell?

The difference between the christian and muslim versions of heaven is that while the christian's is focused on God and HIS new relationship with his CHILDREN (not slaves!), where He can be seen, touched and worshiped, that of Islam focuses on sensual and earthly attributes such as food, wine, women and sex! BTW the Islamic 'god' can NEVER be seen by his slaves!

@ Olabowale, the bible is replete with the descriptions of heaven, pls read the last two chapters in revelation for a more descriptive clue.

The criteria for heaven in christendom is not mere "obedience", it is full believe and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior without which you are damned with an eternal damnation.
The determinants of whoo will be in hell or heaven is not dependent on your father or mother, it is dependent on you as an individual as long as you have reached the age of accountability!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Aggressa(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2006
MIZIEYA:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#770077]Blinks.
Criticizing the Quran whilst studiously ignoring the contradictions, lack of morals and inconsistencies throughout the so called holy bible, is flawed thinking.
[/color][/font]
[/b]

Dear 'Miss Pink' MIZIEYA,
Out of curiosity, I read a number of your contributions and discovered that not only do you consistently write in pink colour, your 'depth' of understanding is equally miserably pink' i.e. shallow. You are a self acclaimed 'Celtic Pagan' , most likely you hang around the 'stone-henge' looking at the sun in search of meaning to life.  grin Dear, you body is the temple of the spirit of confusion. Dont you see, this is what you put across in your posts, listen to yourself; 'everything or every form of faith is rubbish'. Believe me dear MIZIEYA, that is one of the early signs of an individual on the path to self distruction-symptoms you glaringly displayed include: Pride, self-will, faithlessness, narcissism, and agnostic tendencies. You know the everybody-else-is-wrong-but-I-am-right-complex!! Dear you need help.
I cannot even start to describe your flawed thinking more than I have summarized above with your profile I stated. Show us the lack of morals, inconsistencies and contradictions in the Bible, and you will sure go the same way as those who came before you with the same intentions but are now missing-in-action when truth confronted them e.g Firdau4u, olabmnji07 etc.

@Uncle Olabowale,
Hi, Bible said Heaven is paved with gold etc etc, ,,,,,,,,,,But why should I start bothering about Heaven now when I am still along the course of fulfilling my God-given purpose on earth, which is a prerequisite to Heaven. If you dont Pass Maths 101, you are not qualified to sit in class for Maths 102. Why dont we focus our attention on being a blessing to the world we are living in NOW: by living a life of faith and salvation in the Lord; how to bring salvation and blessing to our neighbours; achieve peace in middle east; confront global poverty and disease; reduced maternal morbidity and mortality; let girls in afirca go to school etc that is, live a LIFE of Purpose rather than start living and thinking of Heaven and 'virgins'. How you live here depends on whether you get there
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 03, 2006
olabowale:

In a nut shell a glorious place where we will be in Gods presence worshipping day and night,walking in streets of fine gold,with mansions as homes.
We will not marry not be given in marrige ,sex is out of the picture.
There would be no sin for we would be transformed to be as angels.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2006
@Babyosisi: What is the christian concept of Hellfire?
Please tell us what will be values of paradise compared to this earth> For example, is there any food in paradise and how are they compared to that of the earth. What is the nature of the pleasures of Paradise compared to that of the earth. Is there any pleasure at all. From you summation above, it seems that that paradise will be a boring place. I will hold on to my opinion until you describe what Hellfire is. The punishment and the difficulties. Is there any Hellfire and then any punishment in it.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2006
I thought you boldly claimed earlier you had studied the Bible in BK?
You are deviating from the topic.
Someone gave you some passages to read in Revelation,have you read it and what did you learn?
Or are you just interested in talking?Do that and I'll give you others later,trust me there is no sex.
You will not be there if you fail to accept Christ.

If you died today,you'll be in the presence of God with Christ at his right hand.
Will you be ready?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by olabowale(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2006
@Babyosisi: I will only read what came from jesus(AS). if is authentic. i do not want any cooked up job passing as coming from jesus (AS). Okay, your paradise must be boring. It is simply saying that the Nuns and the priests, who have absatined from sex on the earth will not get any in this Paradise? Chineke! Thats hard to swallow. Yet, God the almighty created mankind to have this and others. You ae saying really, that this paradise is devoid of any resemblance of the felicities of this world; eating, drinking and sexual relationships.

What is really the reward since you said that worship will continue and it is the only thing, really.

You better come to my side. My paradise involves eating, drinking and sexual relationship. but there is no hardship in it. that is really the reward of Good worship and good deeds tempered with the Mercy of the Merciful.

Aren't you are good listener?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2006
olabowale:

Yet, God the almighty created mankind to have this and others. You ae saying really, that this paradise is devoid of any resemblance of the felicities of this world; eating, drinking and sexual relationships.
What is really the reward since you said that worship will continue and it is the only thing, really.

You better come to my side. My paradise involves eating, drinking and sexual relationship. but there is no hardship in it. that is really the reward of Good worship and good deeds tempered with the Mercy of the Merciful.

I wonder why i have to aspire to go to "heaven" when it is no different from the same "felicities" that i enjoy here on earth. Or maybe the difference is that while here on earth i am entitled to only 4 wives (since i am not a prophet who is exempt from such "regulations"wink, i will be able to otain 72 virgins in heaven! If the differenc between "heaven" and earth is simply the absence of hardship then one can conclude that the sheiks from Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, UAE and Dubai are already in heaven!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 04, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: I will only read what came from jesus(AS). if is authentic. i do not want any cooked up job passing as coming from jesus (AS). Okay, your paradise must be boring. It is simply saying that the Nuns and the priests, who have absatined from sex on the earth will not get any in this Paradise? Chineke! Thats hard to swallow. Yet, God the almighty created mankind to have this and others. You ae saying really, that this paradise is devoid of any resemblance of the felicities of this world; eating, drinking and sexual relationships.

Aren't you are good listener?

I need another muslim to second this before I respond.
You guys have dug the grave,fallen in and covered the sand.
We are just about to plant the grave side flowers.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by lateefbiz1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2006
my brother u speak well, may Almighty God 4give u and guide u 2 the right path. amin.
to think of what u said, i got to know that u kind of person that think the best way to learn new things is to criticise it, and use the responds of people to develop ur own fact. but it's not so in dis kind of topic .
if ur want to say anything about things, always make sure u hav adiguate knowledge about it, so that if u ar ask to prove ur points, u will always hav millons of evidence to convince poeple,
my own respose is very simple, i will advice u to get a copy of the HOLY QUR'AN and read it 4rm suratu fatih to suratu nas, and comprehened it's sayings b4 u can say anytin about it.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2006
lateefbiz1:

my brother u speak well, may Almighty God 4give u and guide you to the right path. amin.
to think of what u said, i got to know that u kind of person that think the best way to learn new things is to criticise it, and use the responds of people to develop your own fact. but it's not so in this kind of topic .
if your want to say anything about things, always make sure u hav adiguate knowledge about it, so that if u ar ask to prove your points, u will always hav millons of evidence to convince poeple,
my own respose is very simple, i will advice u to get a copy of the HOLY QUR'AN and read it from suratu fatih to suratu nas, and comprehened it's sayings before u can say anytin about it.

We have seen snippets of the quran, it contains nonsensical stuff such as 8/7 being a round figure, the sun setting in muddy springs, the mountains as tent pegs to hold the earth, man created from sperm dot, "prophets" raping 6yr olds e.t.c.

Praps its you who really needs to read it and obtain adequate knowledge about it and not what is dished out every friday!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by enolase(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2007
Davidylan,

There is no need to try to prove whether Islam is a true or false religion. Indeed, Jesus Christ did not come down here to start trying to prove susch things.

Rather concentrate your efforts on trying to win the lost. Even Paul said in one of his epistles, to avoid contentions on religious issues, because the lead to nothing.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! by cgift(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2007
Davidlyan,

this sort of debate would have been very instructive and informative without the derogatory rmarks you guys make about one another. Address issues and not personalitis even when the othr prson seem to be threading wrongly! That will indicate maturity on your part.

(1) (2) (3)

Yet Another Nairaland Christian Accepts The Bible Is Not All "inspired" / Do Animals Have Rights? [argumentative Discussion] / Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.