Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President (35262 Views)

Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / N5,000 Stipend: ​PDP Slams ​buhari, ​APC Senators / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by donphilopus: 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
jorlons:

Ndume was the foool here sorry to say and Dino malaye is nothing but a barefaced liar. My reaction on reading his statement was one of utter disgust. I mean, Ekweremadu polled 54 votes against Ndume's 20 and PDP has just 49 senators, which means the extra 5 votes could only have come from the APC. Coming out to tell this lie is another slap on the party.

APC leadership needs to sit these rebels down and demand an open confession from them on what they bargained with the PDP, cause I see PDP holding more juicy positions in the house.

I just pray the Court should act fast on this. Under Saraki, people like Stealer Oduah would be made the Chairperson Senate Committee on Aviation. Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by wealth123: 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
It pains me when people argue blindly. Why did the House of Representative members wait for the APC reps that went for the same meeting with Buhari before conducting their election? This is the reason nobody is calling Dogara a JUDAS. If Bukola Saraki was sure of his popularity he would have toed the path of honour and test his popularity and he could still have won.

But when you have not sworn in 51 members of the Senate and you go ahead and elect the Senate President in a HURRY, it shows your hands are not clean.

Also many of you here have not even raised the issue of disrespect for the President of Nigeria who invited his party members for a meeting and 8 members shunned the meeting only to gang up with the opposition to share juicy posts in the senate.

If you don't see IMPUNITY in all these shenanigan and show of shame, then you are EVIL and worst than those who perpetrated that fraud called an election.

We must continue to pray fervently so that the EVIL men that we thought have been defeated do not take over again.

Lushcream:
Dino has no remorse for what happened , where were the APC senators while the rest were conducting themselves , all of them left for Buharis meeting when something as crucial as election was going on ..... They didn't even fear the fact that PDP may whether by omission or commission form majority and quorum and take over the mantle of leadership .....

Dino was merely mocking the APC crycry babies led by Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by change49ja: 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:
So Melaye was blind or deaf not to know of the whereabouts of his APC colleagues, yet they went ahead with the election?

Do I sense remorse? The scales caused by greed are beginning to fall off.

You can say that again. Just give them few more days to fully digest their actions against their party.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by billyG(m): 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dsp position na ghost worker.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by jonadaft: 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi West) on Wednesday said the party lost Deputy Senate Presidency to PDP because many of its senators were absent from Tuesday’s inauguration.
Melaye, who briefed newsmen in Abuja, said all the APC senators present at the inauguration voted for the APC contestant, Sen. Ali Ndume, but lost because many APC senators were absent.
“Those that made APC to lose the Deputy Senate Presidency yesterday were those who stayed away from the chamber.
“If they had come, we would have won, we stood by our party, we nominated Sen. Ali Ndume, and the man who seconded the motion is a Senator from Kwara.
According to him, 20 APC members are in the chamber as at the time of the election and we all vote for Ndume.
He said that the APC was neither divided nor polarised.
The APC candidate, Sen. Ali Ndume, polled 20 votes, while the PDP candidate, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu, polled 54 votes to emerge winner.
The PDP has 49 senators and APC, 58. (NAN)http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/melaye-blames-apc-senators-for-loss-of-deputy-senate-presidency/

cc Lalasticlala

Stupíd bloody greedy liar! angry
Why didn't he move a motion for the election to be postponed?

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by DevilhimseIf: 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

I just pray the Court should act fast on this. Under Saraki, people like Stealer Oduah would be made the Chairperson Senate Committee on Aviation. Tufiakwa!!!

donphilopopus erus grin

cry me a lake
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by change49ja: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
vedaxcool:

He always behave foolish once food is ready

grin grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by lucianohase(m): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
I just keep laughing at the way most apc members n supporters have been crying about betrayal while the same people (tinubu and his apc goons at the national assembly then) supported the same betrayal that brought Tambuwal as speaker of house of assembly in the last era. If apc members are not careful, the party will be so polarised within the next 3 months.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by jorlons(m): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
donphilopus:

Well I'm not hoping on our useless judiciary for anything. Methinks the damage is already done, the only way forward will be to find a way around this unexpected anomaly.

Let me join you in saying, Tufiakwa to the likes of Stealer Oduah.

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by DevilhimseIf: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
wealth123:
It pains me when people argue blindly. Why did the House of Representative members wait for the APC reps that went for the same meeting with Buhari before conducting their election? This is the reason nobody is calling Dogara a JUDAS. If Bukola Saraki was sure of his popularity he would have toed the path of honour and test his popularity and he could still have won.

But when you have not sworn in 51 members of the Senate and you go ahead and elect the Senate President in a HURRY, it shows your hands are not clean.

Also many of you here have not even raised the issue of disrespect for the President of Nigeria who invited his party members for a meeting and 8 members shunned the meeting only to gang up with the opposition to share juicy posts in the senate.

If you don't see IMPUNITY in all these shenanigan and show of shame, then you are EVIL and worst than those who perpetrated that fraud called an election.

We must continue to pray fervently so that the EVIL men that we thought have been defeated do not take over again.

lie nsi ebea

impunity is when you know that NASS will sit by a specific time but you went to a meeting of imposition of candidates at that time because you think you're in executive office (president) .

impunity is when you nominated a person that suits you against the wish of your subordinates because you think you're their leader.

impunity is when you try to twist the rule of law and constitution to suit your selfish interest.

mr man you know nothing so go and die

anu ofia cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:
This man should just keep shut lest thunder fires him. He 'dashed' out the Deputy Senate Presidency slot to PDP and he's here blabbing. The respect I used to have for Saraki and Dino Melaye has just diminished. I love the way Ndume was treated. He never knew Saraki had met with PDP Senators to offer them the 'Deputy Presidential' slot. He thought he had played fast on his fellow APC Senators to emerge the Deputy to Saraki. He may have dumped Saraki by now since his 'supposed' slot was freely given to Ekwerimadu and Saraki is in for a long thing.

The PDP Senators should know that they were the greatest losers yesterday. Out of the 57 Senators that were present at the hallowed chamber of the Senate during the 'sham' Election, only 8 of them were APC Senators. If a PDP Senator had moved a motion to nominate a fellow PDP Senator (say David Mark), he would have won the contest hands down and Saraki would have felt betrayed by now (which would have gladdened my heart). Saraki betrayed their trust in him when he defected to APC, he also betrayed APC's trust when he shunned the meeting convened by the President at the ICC and went to the floor of the Senate, they (PDP) should have also betrayed him by electing a PDP man as Senate President. I would have preferred it that way. PDP goofed!

3 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by jorlons(m): 12:02am On Jun 11, 2015
lucianohase:
I just keep laughing at the way most apc members n supporters have been crying about betrayal while the same people (tinubu and his apc goons at the national assembly then) supported the same betrayal that brought Tambuwal as speaker of house of assembly in the last era. If apc members are not careful, the party will be so polarised within the next 3 months.

Excuse me sir ACN is not the same as APC. The latter is larger.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:03am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:
This man should just keep shut lest thunder fires him. He 'dashed' out the Deputy Senate Presidency slot to PDP and he's here blabbing. The respect I used to have for Saraki and Dino Melaye has just diminished. I love the way Ndume was treated. He never knew Saraki had met with PDP Senators to offer them the 'Deputy Presidential' slot. He thought he had played fast on his fellow APC Senators to emerge the Deputy to Saraki. He may have dumped Saraki by now since his 'supposed' slot was freely given to Ekwerimadu and Saraki is in for a long thing.

The PDP Senators should know that they were the greatest losers yesterday. Out of the 57 Senators that were present at the hallowed chamber of the Senate during the 'sham' Election, only 8 of them were APC Senators. If a PDP Senator had moved a motion to nominate a fellow PDP Senator (say David Mark), he would have won the contest hands down and Saraki would have felt betrayed by now (which would have gladdened my heart). Saraki betrayed their trust in him when he defected to APC, he also betrayed APC's trust when he shunned the meeting convened by the President at the ICC and went to the floor of the Senate, they (PDP) should have also betrayed him by electing a PDP man as Senate President. I would have preferred it that way. PDP goofed!
As in, you made alot of sense.
if not that it was planned, i wonder why d PDP senators didnt do turn around and nominate one of dem and vote him.
its so clear that PDP couldnt do dat cos of their deal with Saraki

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Mistermamus(m): 12:04am On Jun 11, 2015
say no TINUBUCRACY!!!!!!
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by tunjidj3: 12:07am On Jun 11, 2015
I don't blame saraki
I blame apc senators that leave there official duity for party meeting
Ok they are fresher that is why
Just like jambite who is carried away by event on campus and fail in the first semester
well they have learned some lessons
It won't happen again

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by abagnalie: 12:15am On Jun 11, 2015
dino melaye is a bastard

no wonder all his wives left him
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by jerome4u(m): 12:21am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

So u tink PDP senators don,t kno wat they whre doin. You re right, PDP could hav taking the position of the SP but they chose not to do that, Do u tink u re wiser than the PDP senators who hav spent up to 16 years in the senate, this guys understand the politics in the senate, hav u ask ur self why PDP chose saraki instead of david mark or any pdp senator or hav u ask ur self why re PDP celebrating the victory of saraki while saraki own party member re opposing is position. I don,t tink PDP whre do losers because losers don,t celebrate.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by fctboy: 12:49am On Jun 11, 2015
Zonal Equation balanced by God
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by jackpot(f): 1:26am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

it's not that easy. They would have caused commotion and suspended the process. PDP needs those stubborn APC senators present for the credibility of the election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by aresa: 1:34am On Jun 11, 2015
Ok, they were not there, but why and where were they? Were you not supposed to be there too or the you and your co-schemers forgot about the other half of the decision making legislative and your colleagues.

It's one thing to sell out, backstab, disadvantage and betray your own party and your president, but playing dumb and coming up with silly and infantile excuses is disgusting, nauseating and insulting...
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by AreaFada2: 1:55am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

My friend, PDP have been in this game for 16 years. They lost last election which was transparent and voters partly got tired of PDP. But PDP are not silly or naive.

If a PDP man had been voted Senate president, it would have been labelled a straightforward PDP coup by most people including you.
For PDP, playing a fast one on and wrong-footing APC, using an APC member (Saraki) is more important than a petty revenge on Saraki. PDP are very conscious of the division the emergence of Saraki could cause within APC.

PDP has always said APC are a collection of strange bedfellows. Exposing it as such early on in their administration is a major aim of PDP. This is political chess game. After all APC openly wooed Ameachi and others to cause rancour in PDP. Should PDP not do anything they can to undermine APC too?
It seems APC are having difficulties managing themselves and their newly acquired power. cheesy

This change is getting sweeter & sweeter. cheesy grin shocked

4 Likes

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Mintek: 1:55am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

PDP did not goof.

The party probably felt that with their minority status in the Senate, striking a deal with Saraki would be safer than installing David Mark and risking impeachment thereafter.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by AreaFada2: 2:06am On Jun 11, 2015
wealth123:

Which planet are you on? A new planet called Naive?
So you believe in honour among thieves?

FYI, all of them are as bad as each other. Saraki joined APC as a vehicle to reach a position, by hook or by crook. And I think he has achieved it, even if he stays there for only 2 weeks. Because Omo Oloye knows that a NC Yoru-Fulani (as he claims sometimes) man isn't gonna make the presidency in Nigeria anytime soon. grin cheesy
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Godsonkemz(m): 2:46am On Jun 11, 2015
This is not what the party should be thinking now. Every member of the house irrespective of one's party should join hands to form a formidable force towards building a great nation. Building our nation is a collective responsibility, not for one party alone. Afterall, they all represent the interest of the electorates who voted them in. Let party not divide us, we belong to one nation. One love to all peace lovers.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Sheggy13(m): 3:13am On Jun 11, 2015
wealth123:

Me think President Buhari goofed with his ill-timed meeting. The world knows today has been slated for NASS elections and he himself affirmed that by sending a letter to the clerk to commence inauguration by 10am. They had all the time in the world to meet as a party and not telling the house to wait for your party to finish with their meeting before the Senate can seat. Quite unfortunate they played perfectly into the hands of PDP.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Johnjack: 3:20am On Jun 11, 2015
Actually Pdp goofed badly as they had all it takes to clinch the senate presidency. APc was in disarray at the time of
going into election of the officials of senate and pdp would have capitalized on the polarization of apc and elect one of its own
as the Senate president and deputy respectively. With 49 senators of pdp and those from accord party,labor,sdp and apga, pdp would have comfortably defeated the apc at the senate election. Pdp needs smarter politicians in 2019 to wrestle power from apc.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Mayflowa(m): 4:42am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

Electing an APC senator as PRESIDENT was a right action taken by PDP. If PDP senate president had emerged, it will be so easy to impeach him but with Saraki having so many APC and PDP supporters on his side now, it will be hard to get two-third of the house against him for impeachment and Ekweremadu will be saved too. It is a form of alliance.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:42am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

The Court didn't act fast in d case of Tambuwal,it would now act fast now,Apc lust for power and refusal to concede defeat would surely divide dis Country!
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by biafransoul: 4:56am On Jun 11, 2015
adconline:

If 57 Senators voted, how come Ekweremadu polled 54 while Akume polled 20? Don't forget that it's the SP that appoints committee chairmen.. So PDP is likely going to get a lot juicy positions based on what they their bargained for.. PDP just outsmarted APC..
You guys better stop deceiving yourselves. 74 senators of both PDP and APC were in the house during the inauguration. Where you guys get your 57 is what it amazing. You can confirm this from the attenuate register at the National Assembly .The propaganda continues...
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by emmykk(m): 5:38am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

so you are wiser than David Mark that stay aside such trouble.PDP knew what they wanted and they got it.

In the senate friendship rather than party do miracles.

When saraki decamped DM didnt announce it in the floor of the house because according to DM,he said if i announce that you decamp i will also make you seat vacancy.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by pBuhari(f): 5:40am On Jun 11, 2015
can you imagine, whether they are there or not PDP would still win
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by ajakaboy1: 5:48am On Jun 11, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi West) on Wednesday said the party lost Deputy Senate Presidency to PDP because many of its senators were absent from Tuesday’s inauguration.
Melaye, who briefed newsmen in Abuja, said all the APC senators present at the inauguration voted for the APC contestant, Sen. Ali Ndume, but lost because many APC senators were absent.
“Those that made APC to lose the Deputy Senate Presidency yesterday were those who stayed away from the chamber.
“If they had come, we would have won, we stood by our party, we nominated Sen. Ali Ndume, and the man who seconded the motion is a Senator from Kwara.
According to him, 20 APC members are in the chamber as at the time of the election and we all vote for Ndume.
He said that the APC was neither divided nor polarised.
The APC candidate, Sen. Ali Ndume, polled 20 votes, while the PDP candidate, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu, polled 54 votes to emerge winner.
The PDP has 49 senators and APC, 58. (NAN)http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/melaye-blames-apc-senators-for-loss-of-deputy-senate-presidency/

cc Lalasticlala

Dino, I never this is how you are. A double faced man. APC should be cautious of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Now Jittery After US, UK Warning —atiku / Owerri Prison Attack: They Threw Explosives At Us ― Police Officer / INEC Releases Time-table For Recalling Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.