Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President (35003 Views)

Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / N5,000 Stipend: ​PDP Slams ​buhari, ​APC Senators / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by porka: 8:20am On Jun 11, 2015
softwareman:

Dino should ask himself a simple question. Why is PDP and its supporters celebrating?
I have a guess.
THEY CAN SEE THAT TO KILL A RAT, THEY SET THE WHOLE HOUSE ON FIRE. RIGHT NOW, THEY ARE TOO BLINDED TO SEE THAT HAVE CAUSED GREAT DAMAGE TO THEMSELVES.

Maybe you should ask yourself a simple question.

Why did APC rejoice when Saraki, Melaye and other PDP members defected to APC?

Maybe you people should learn to be true democrats and be tolerant of dissent.

You can't have your way all the time. It's just a game. You either learn to play it or you step aside and watch from the sideline.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2015
snazzy5050:
They choosed party meeting for election undecided

Over hyped FTC grin grin

Chose u mean. Watch ur grammar very carefully. It's everything
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by porka: 8:57am On Jun 11, 2015
Rotimi47:
Lie! Malaye lied as he and Saraki had planned it along with PDP members, how will you say an election is legal when many members Have not been sworn in? Is there no specific time for all the members to be sworn in? There is but they didn't wait for that time to laps. What they did will soon bite them sooner or later.

Hello Rotimi.

Stop this rant and read up some more. It's not by force to comment.

The first business of the Senate and House of Representatives after the proclamation by the President of the Federal Republic is the election of the Senate President, Deputy Senate President, Speaker of the House and Deputy Speaker of the House.

These principal officers must be elected and sworn-in first. The Clerk of the National Assembly administers the oath on the principal officers.

Thereafter the oath is administered on other members

That was what was done.

Members can be sworn-in at any time they arrive. If they like they can come one month later for their own oath.

The most important thing has been done. The principal officers have been elected on the first day.

Do you get it now?

You people should familiarize yourselves with the procedures first. It's the federal government now not Alausa where anything goes

Nigeria has structure, rules, procedures, regulations and laws that you can't just 'change' on the internet.

You guys have left Alausa now. You are in Abuja where all other 'baddass' congregate.

Where your own Lagos Agbero gragra stops, that's where some people's lunacy starts.

The city is surrounded by rock, hard rock, not Lagoon. Your swimming skills are useless in Abuja.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by 2n2k(m): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2015
For posters querying the figures of 57 and 74, here is your answer

At the commencement of inauguration, only 57 senators were present. Since they were deemed to form a quorum, the clerk called for nomination to the office of senate president. Only Saraki was nominated and therefore returned un-opposed. There was no voting for the office of senate president. The 57 votes credited to Saraki are the numbers of senators present at that time, not that they voted for him.

After his (s)election as Senate president, he was sworn-in and the process of nominating and electing the deputy then began. By this time, more senators-elect had come into the chamber to increase the initial 57 to 74 and they participated in the election of the deputy senate president.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Akannni(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2015
Francis5:

Dino is a stuppiid liar. If PDP has 49 senators, from where came the extra 5 votes that gave Ekweremadu 54 votes?
u speak ma mind, thought i ws d only 1 dat observe dis
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by 2n2k(m): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2015
porka:

Hello Rotimi.

The first business of the Senate and House of Representatives after the proclamation by the President of the Federal Republic is the election of the Senate President, Deputy Senate President, Speaker of the House and Deputy Speaker of the House.

These principal officers must be elected and sworn-in first. The Clerk of the National Assembly administers the oath on the principal officers.

That was what was done.

Members can be sworn-in at any time they arrive. If they like they can come one month later for their own oath.

The most important thing has been done. The principal officers have been elected on the first day.

Do you get it now?

You people should familiarize yourselves with the procedures first. It's the federal government now not Alausa where anything goes

Nigeria has structure, rules, procedures, regulations and laws that you can't just 'change' on the internet.

You guys have left Alausa now. You are in Abuja where all other 'baddass' congregate.

Where your own Lagos Agbero gragra stops, that's where some people's lunacy starts.

The city is surrounded by rock, hard rock, not Lagoon. Your swimming skills are useless in Abuja.

You enunciated the correct procedure for the day of inauguration but 51 senators were away at that meeting. South-west does not have more than 12 or 13 APC senators (there are southwest PDP senators you know). Why limit the reprimand to them alone?

The time of the APC meeting is neither here nor there. The sitting of either the house or the senate had been delayed in the past on account of meeting of party caucuses mostly PDP to resolve issues as mundane as untimely payment of quarterly allowance or on account of the leaders of the assembly having a meeting with the President in the villa.

I still do not believe that the Clerk was informed of the president's involvement in the meeting, otherwise he would have found political if not legal solution to that. After all, he is a public servant, not a politician. He has nothing to gain in being seen as an opponent of the president.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Reptyle(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2015
The PDP had the opportunity of taking the Senate. All that was needed was for one PDP senator to nominate a David Mark or any other ranking senator from the Party and it would have been a clean sweep. What those renegade APC senators did was akin to a dangerous game of Russian roulette. Thankfully, the hammer slammed home on an empty chamber this time...but like every true gambler knows, it is only a matter of time before it all goes south. Senator Saraki needs to use this recess to mend fences with his party before his treacherous act comes back to bite him in the behind.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by great664(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:
This man should just keep shut lest thunder fires him. He 'dashed' out the Deputy Senate Presidency slot to PDP and he's here blabbing. The respect I used to have for Saraki and Dino Melaye has just diminished. I love the way Ndume was treated. He never knew Saraki had met with PDP Senators to offer them the 'Deputy Presidential' slot. He thought he had played fast on his fellow APC Senators to emerge the Deputy to Saraki. He may have dumped Saraki by now since his 'supposed' slot was freely given to Ekwerimadu and Saraki is in for a long thing.

The PDP Senators should know that they were the greatest losers yesterday. Out of the 57 Senators that were present at the hallowed chamber of the Senate during the 'sham' Election, only 8 of them were APC Senators. If a PDP Senator had moved a motion to nominate a fellow PDP Senator (say David Mark), he would have won the contest hands down and Saraki would have felt betrayed by now (which would have gladdened my heart). Saraki betrayed their trust in him when he defected to APC, he also betrayed APC's trust when he shunned the meeting convened by the President at the ICC and went to the floor of the Senate, they (PDP) should have also betrayed him by electing a PDP man as Senate President. I would have preferred it that way. PDP goofed!
that's where you got it wrong. APC will easily impeach him because they are majority in the house. so Deputy and problem in APc is enough for them. Even if they tried to nominate PDP member Saraki will feel betrayed and call back the APC members that election has started or the clerk won't read the proclamation. hope you got it
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by porka: 10:02am On Jun 11, 2015
2n2k:
For posters querying the figures of 57 and 74, here is your answer

At the commencement of inauguration, only 57 senators were present. Since they were deemed to form a quorum, the clerk called for nomination to the office of senate president. Only Saraki was nominated and therefore returned un-opposed. There was no voting for the office of senate president. The 57 votes credited to Saraki are the numbers of senators present at that time, not that they voted for him.

After his (s)election as Senate president, he was sworn-in and the process of nominating and electing the deputy then began. By this time, more senators-elect had come into the chamber to increase the initial 57 to 74 and they participated in the election of the deputy senate president.

How then can you now say 57 senators voted when the guy was returned unopposed?

The question was for someone who claimed Ekwerenmadu couldn't have polled 54 and Ndume 20 votes when 51 senators chose to absent themselves, whereas, the vote tally was shown live on NTA.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by aionian23(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2015
Lushcream:
Dino has no remorse for what happened , where were the APC senators while the rest were conducting themselves , all of them left for Buharis meeting when something as crucial as election was going on ..... They didn't even fear the fact that PDP may whether by omission or commission form majority and quorum and take over the mantle of leadership .....

Dino was merely mocking the APC crycry babies led by Tinubu.

Am very sure u are not too sound in mathematics....... What of if other APC Senator was around and APC nominated 2 candidate and PDP play fast and nominated 1 person. Ask urself who will carry the day. APC NWC are not dull *Saraki over ambitious only degrade them.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2015
aionian23:

Am very sure u are not too sound in mathematics....... What of if other APC Senator was around and APC nominated 2 candidate and PDP play fast and nominated 1 person. Ask urself who will carry the day. APC NWC are not dull *Saraki over ambitious only degrade them.
you are a dullard and not too sound in political metrics ..... PDP already declared their allegiance for Bukola Saraki before the day of inauguration so PDP need not nominate because PDP house was in order unlike Tinubu's disruption of APC ....... why tagging Saraki as over ambitious ...... does Saraki not have right to contest for SP like any other person

See, revolution of godfatherism is about to end in Nigeria , you could see there was no throwing of chairs in the 7th assembly because members chose their leaders ..... Tinubu also trend the way of PDP by forcing lawan/gbaja on the NASS .... these guys just want to chose their leaders and they have done it .... APC won Tinubu lost.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by huthority01(m): 11:10am On Jun 11, 2015
Francis5:

Dino is a stuppiid liar. If PDP has 49 senators, from where came the extra 5 votes that gave Ekweremadu 54 votes?
Why come dey cry bro.......... Dino no be mathmatician
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by sss2015: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:
This man should just keep shut lest thunder fires him. He 'dashed' out the Deputy Senate Presidency slot to PDP and he's here blabbing. The respect I used to have for Saraki and Dino Melaye has just diminished. I love the way Ndume was treated. He never knew Saraki had met with PDP Senators to offer them the 'Deputy Presidential' slot. He thought he had played fast on his fellow APC Senators to emerge the Deputy to Saraki. He may have dumped Saraki by now since his 'supposed' slot was freely given to Ekwerimadu and Saraki is in for a long thing.

The PDP Senators should know that they were the greatest losers yesterday. Out of the 57 Senators that were present at the hallowed chamber of the Senate during the 'sham' Election, only 8 of them were APC Senators. If a PDP Senator had moved a motion to nominate a fellow PDP Senator (say David Mark), he would have won the contest hands down and Saraki would have felt betrayed by now (which would have gladdened my heart). Saraki betrayed their trust in him when he defected to APC, he also betrayed APC's trust when he shunned the meeting convened by the President at the ICC and went to the floor of the Senate, they (PDP) should have also betrayed him by electing a PDP man as Senate President. I would have preferred it that way. PDP goofed!

Good morning to you. I guess you just woke up from your sleep. The senate and HOR elections shows that PDP are masters of the game. APC won the presidential election because of the PDP element in APC. There is more to Saraki's emergence as Senate president. Watch out for season two.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by nwadiuko1(m): 11:32am On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

You clearly know nothing so no need wasting my time on you.
now I understand what. U v been saying, numerically they could have pulled it off. But sooner or later it would pose a problem
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by 2n2k(m): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2015
porka:

How then can you now say 57 senators voted when the guy was returned unopposed?

The question was for someone who claimed Ekwerenmadu couldn't have polled 54 and Ndume 20 votes when 51 senators chose to absent themselves, whereas, the vote tally was shown live on NTA.

Please read my post that you quoted again. I cannot really get what you are driving at. I said there was no vote for Saraki because he had no opponent but the media credited him with the assumed votes of all the senators that were initially present in the chamber. I also explained how the numbers of senators increased with the arrival of more senators before the election of the deputy senate president.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by donphilopus: 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
nwadiuko1:
now I understand what. U v been saying, numerically they could have pulled it off. But sooner or later it would pose a problem

That's it.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by donphilopus: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
great664:
that's where you got it wrong. APC will easily impeach him because they are majority in the house. so Deputy and problem in APc is enough for them. Even if they tried to nominate PDP member Saraki will feel betrayed and call back the APC members that election has started or the clerk won't read the proclamation. hope you got it

And you thought his co-APC Senators would come to rescue him. They would have let David Mark emerged and later treat Saraki's fvvck up. Why would the Clerk not read the proclamation? As in how?!
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by donphilopus: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
porka:

Ike Ekwerenmadu polled 54 while Ali Ndume polled 20.

Total is 74 by simple arithmetic.

Where did you get your own 57 senators present?

When the APC Senators that were at the ICC were told that inauguration had commenced, some of them later joined them after Saraki had 'dubiously' emerged the President.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Ademolamikel: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Is it the press or our senator that is the poor mathematician? I read 51 senator were absent and now the total vote count was 74 votes. later the press reported that 28 absentee were sworn in. Why is it difficult to get actual number in our today's political scence.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by free13: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
zik4ever:
While we are insulting ourselves here, some of these Senators may be reaching out to each other and lobbying for who will occupy what "juicy" standing committees. I even see some ex-PDP members who are now APC Senators being in the forefront of the shouting. They will sort themselves out. Is it not politics? Are they fighting over how Nigeria will be better? Are they quarrelling and threatening court action over unpaid workers' salaries? I even see a Senator from my State who reportedly robbed someone of his ticket in the primaries and was imposed on original APC members after being schemed out of the PDP primaries, shouting about “injustice”? Did I see someone who allegedly imposed a Governorship candidate who never contested APC primaries and in fact, who actually contested and lost PDP primaries shouting that there is injustice? Ha ba all these emergency democrats should let us be. Mr. President you won election since and you have been in office long enough, please forward your Ministerial list to these people ASAP and let them start earning their pay. In 2 weeks, they will get Bank alert for work not done while public servants are being owed for months in both APC and PDP States. Don’t tell me about collapsing oil price and falling revenue and don’t tell me it’s all the fault of the Federal Government. They had money to pay themselves severance package before retiring to the Senate. Some of them will never move one motion or propose a bill. In fact, some may not even second a motion. Kai! Choi!

Frankiss44:

My friend creating an internal division in the camp of your enemy is way better than the senate presidency... All pdp needs to do is folds its hands and watch apc self destruct... It was a game of chess

porka:

Hello Rotimi.
That was what was done.
Do you get it now?

Gbammm.....
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by great664(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

And you thought his co-APC Senators would come to rescue him. They would have let David Mark emerged and later treat Saraki's fvvck up. Why would the Clerk not read the proclamation? As in how?!
According to Presidential spokesman, He said the clerk was DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY informed.

PMB gave him a constitutional directive to read the proclamation and later being partisan ask him not to read it till further notice. its now left for the clerk to choose job over party which he did and his job save.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by wearerelated: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
This is not the time for mud slinging and making of enemies.

The action of Saraki should be called by what it is, acceptable or not acceptable.

But meanwhile, the work of the senate should not linger any further.

The US said in 2015 Nigeria will breakup.

If it did not breakup when JEG lost to BUhari, why should it now tend towards break up when Lawani lost (whether by crooked means or not) to Saraki.

Both are still in the senate, and one persons role does not override the other.

Omo Nigeria e ronu!
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by X3n(m): 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

I dont quite agree with you.
PDP senators played the long term card, if they crossed saraki at that point, it would have just yielded short term profit because they will make an enemy of saraki added to the majority of apc they already have. apc will galvanize, they will have no insider inside APC camp and instead of cracking and breaking the party, they will end up making it stronger.

This move they made is the long term move, Saraki owes them, this includes all the pple in his circle of influence, his task might just be to convince all the 'new PDP' members to return and gradually turn the tide against APC from state to state.
Saraki is more useful to them now as an ally than an enemy.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by sage2(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

The PDP is not a party of traitors. The traitors, Saraki being one of them, had to defect to APC, a party of traitors, to realised their selfish ambition. PDP gave him their word, just like GEJ gave Nigerians his word before the elections, and like GEJ, they kept it.
Re: Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President by Moheat(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
donphilopus:

PDP never wanted the position of SP, they just wanted an APC to feel the heat this time around

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Buhari Swearing In New CJN. / "Who Is The King Of Stuffing Dollars?" - Shekarau Hits Back At Ganduje / Wike Blasts PDP Senators, Reps Over NASS Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.