Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Which country on the African continent is most developed ? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Which country on the African continent is most developed ? (14457 Views)

'No Country On Earth Would Survive A Nuclear War Between U.S. And Russia, Putin' / Why America Is The Greatest Country On Earth. / Democracy; An Opium For The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by ValerianSteel(m): 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
We have new cities coming up,Eko Atlantic City is about to dethrone all other African cities upon completion.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Nigeria is proudly black Africa and her problems and her success are attributed to her identity as a black nation.
Nonsense! Did you purposely write that or you just want me to respond to it in an unusual way? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nigerian development is a mediocre and very boring! angry angry angry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by ValerianSteel(m): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
all4naija:

Nonsense! Did you purposely write that or you just want me to respond to it in an unusual way? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I want to see your take on that school of thought undecided
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
ValerianSteel:
I want to see your take on that school of thought undecided
I think it is racist of you to write that way.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by ValerianSteel(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2015
all4naija:

I think it is racist of you to write that way.
Am only being factual,South Africans pride themselves as the rainbow nation of african,Nigeria also prides itself as the most successful black nation in the world.

Let's just agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Am only being factual,South Africans pride themselves as the rainbow nation of african,Nigeria also prides itself as the most successful black nation in the world.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Seriously, though, Nigeria is not a successful black nation but a GIANT of Africa as in population,etc.

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by ValerianSteel(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
all4naija:

Seriously, though, Nigeria is not a successful black nation but a GIANT of Africa as in population,etc.
You sure do have a certain distaste for Nigeria,she's getting to the point of success in time.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
You sure do have a certain distaste for Nigeria,she's getting to the point of success in time.
Ha!!! You are a dreamer!

3 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by ValerianSteel(m): 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
all4naija:

Ha!!! You are a dreamer!
c'mon be optimistic wink
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
c'mon be optimistic wink
I am optimistic but I have to face reality first. We know what that means in the case of Nigeria.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by ValerianSteel(m): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
all4naija:

I am optimistic but I have to face reality first. We know what that means in the case of Nigeria.
The reality we know of Nigeria is changing steadily not rapidly though.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
The reality we know of Nigeria is changing steadily not rapidly though.
That nation is unpredictable. I mean it is a place meant for primitive people.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by ValerianSteel(m): 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
all4naija:

That nation is unpredictable. I mean it is a place meant for primitive people.
True I totally agree with the first half,the second,good things have come out of this country as well even if a large percentage of Nigerians think like trogs.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by benvolavolarag: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Development GALORE THATS SOUTH AFRICA FOR U.
We are building our own DUBAIs from Namibia border on the ATLANTIC OCEAN via Cape Town, PE, EL, Durbs to the north coast Mozambique border on the INDIAN OCEAN, looks like Moz is the LIMIT cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by 419forlife: 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Why are all these place building 20th century infrastructure

Who wants to deal with those urban sprawl and environmental issue
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
14:
Pretoria, the capital city of South Africa
be deceiving ursef, the whites just came onto ur country and turned to their own
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by 419forlife: 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
Talk to some associate of mine a Black Star he tells me africa is developing wrong and so this one is a bright one so I ask for some elaboration grin

Tell me he wants to make cities with no cars large modern pedestrian cities that can fit 30 million people within 300 sq miles all with a high quality of life. Wants maglev subway systems in these mega urban center. Parks courtyards waterways trails galore.

I can't go so much for detail but the guy is talent like a asidu abudu and verone mankou on civil engineering while he thinks development in africa should take a different approach so im now forced to believe him grin
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by nicolosam(m): 10:12am On Mar 09, 2017
RudzSA:
South Africa of coz ,thou I doubt Nigerians will want to admit it .some mor0n said Egypt ? Who on earth compares that dusty place to Europe extension (South Africa ) . I wana see one Naija admit it , lets go

one of the reasons Nigeria is yet to be a developed country is you! Must u use vulgar words to drive home ur point? As you have chosen South Africa with cool convincing points, so also anybody can choose Egypt too with logical points. let's cultivate spirit of civility while we argue salient issues please. If I'm to comment I will rather view development from human development angle. However, in the area of Infrastructure, South Africa is far ahead several countries in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by 419forlife: 1:30am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by 419forlife: 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by AfroCircus: 5:39am On Apr 08, 2017
The posts of city pics were quite eye opening, one gets to actually 'see' the country in question. Truth be told, south Africa is leagues above the rest. But many are gradually catching up

Some Kenyan cities

Eldoret

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by AfroCircus: 5:55am On Apr 08, 2017
Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by AfroCircus: 5:57am On Apr 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by AfroCircus: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2017
Kizingo

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by AfroCircus: 9:23am On Apr 08, 2017
Kisumu

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by AfroCircus: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2017
Malindi

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by zikkmann: 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2018
Morocco is the most developed country in Africa. South Africa is not the most developed. It only has the most cities with high-rise buildings and bubbling economic city in Africa. High rise buildings is not what makes a country "developed". There is a difference between the two. Secondly, I don't think you should include military might as development.
South Africa just pride itself with Johannesburg and Cape Town. All the South African cities have slums (ghettos) that are worse than Ajegunle, Lagos.
Development is measured by the standard of living of the populace in a particular place. As well as literacy rate, infrastructure etc. South Africans envy Nigeria a lot, because 80% of the older generation of South Africans are illiterate.
Anyone who has been to South Africa, and is honest, will tell you that it's not different from Nigeria. Mind you, the cities were developed during the apartheid regime. And Johannesburg is becoming as rugged as Lagos, Nigeria.
Below are photos of Johannesburg slums.

3 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 5:40am On Mar 06, 2018
zikkmann:
Morocco is the most developed country in Africa. South Africa is not the most developed. It only has the most cities with high-rise buildings and bubbling economic city in Africa. High rise buildings is not what makes a country "developed". There is a difference between the two. Secondly, I don't think you should include military might as development.
South Africa just pride itself with Johannesburg and Cape Town. All the South African cities have slums (ghettos) that are worse than Ajegunle, [/b]Lagos.
Development is measured by the standard of living of the populace in a particular place. As well as literacy rate, infrastructure etc. [b]South Africans envy Nigeria a lot, because 80% of the older generation of South Africans are illiterate.

Anyone who has been to South Africa, and is honest, will tell you that it's not different from Nigeria. Mind you, the cities were developed during the apartheid regime. And Johannesburg is becoming as rugged as Lagos, Nigeria.
Below are photos of Johannesburg slums.

Please pass over that ganja, bro grin grin grin.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman, Lucy Gihuhi Wins Senate Seat In Australia / President Robert Mugabe's Impeachment Process Has Begun (Live Video) / Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.