Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? (3391 Views)

Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 3:38am On Sep 18, 2006
Coup Again In Nigeria?

Please someone tell me if this is true. I just came into the country a couple of days back, and someone is telling me that the country nearly fell into the hands of the military, but that the coup d'etat was foiled.

I have looked for it in the papers and there is no mention, and there is no copy of the previous days anywhere so I could buy. Was there a coup attempt in Nigeria?
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by globalaid(m): 6:23am On Sep 18, 2006
Military incursion into politics has never solved our problem rather it add to it. Khaki boys should better stay in their barrack and face their calling, which is to defend the Nigeria territory, they should allow politician to do their mistake and learn from it. We can never learn if we are not ready to commit mistakes, so to me planning a coup is not the solution to all what is going on right now in the presidency.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by profade1(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2006
I am not aware of any. And like you said there was no mention of any such in the dailies.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Pain(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2006
Nothing Like Coup Xcept for An Aircrash That Killed 8 Generals & 6 Others.
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=58628

I wonder why ''Others. I Think 14 Killed would have been more like it. May their Galant Souls Rest in Peace.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 7:41am On Sep 18, 2006
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Rottweiler(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2006
Tell your informant to go and repeat it in front of Bonny Camp in Victoria Island. He must be a jobless individual. He must have been high on free booze when he told you.

If he doesn't SHUT UP his leaking mouth, some one will foil an oral coup by punching his mouth!
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Constantin: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2006
Another coup in our beloved country would be the end of Nigeria, investors would rush out in droves and all that has been achieved so far would be in vain. Coup hysteria has never ceased, but a return to the ugly 80´s and 90´s would be pure horror and teh international community would dismemeber Nigeria piece by peice. HOOOORRROOORR!!!! THE MILITARY HAS TO STAY IN THE BARRACKS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! MILITARY HAS NEVER ADVANCED A COUNTRY ( ONLY EXCEPTION WAS GHANA)
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 11:52am On Sep 18, 2006
i think i prefer the military era to what we are experiencing now. Is this democracy?? Lets not decieve ourselves o!!
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by gbengaijot(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2006
@simael, i will guess that you are been sarcastic about what you said. Otherwise, i'll tell you to shut up!, lol, lol.lol

TO be honest with you, Ko si omo rere ninu ibon,

I am still ok with the present political status in Nigeria than seeing military men taking over. All the money wey i don invest for Nigeria go just go down the drain
lol
lol
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2006
ishmael:

i think i prefer the military era to what we are experiencing now. Is this democracy?? Lets not decieve ourselves o!!

Ishmael I hope you are not serious. Otherwise, you are a KPOD!
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Greycells(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2006
embarassed Original beer parlour gist.
angry For Itchmael, drunk burukutu gist angry
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by candylips(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2006
i think its more like retired millitary generals hijacking the demoractic processes in the run up to the next elections
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Rottweiler(m): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2006
Anybody calling for military intervention or dreaming of it must have been born just after Obasanjo's administration came into being. You know not what you are talking about. During military regimes some individuals will gain but the nation will lose.

So therefore, you day-dreamers should go jump from carter bridge! grin
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2006
We are still in military regime o these people. Who tell una say na democracy we dey sef?? Is baba not an army general? Ok if na lie tell am to remove him agbada make u see whether khaki or camouflage uniform no still dey him body. Ok i agree na military -democracy we dey. Abacha was my main man and mentor if una care to know. For your information ile Abacha ni mowa nsi. Odiola.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Greycells(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2006
Itchmael o! Itchmael o! Itchmael o! E me lo ni pe e? (how many times did i call u?)

Flee ye from military apologetics or face the consequence from a democratic mob that will suffer no fooolish interloper gladly!

Abo oro la nso fun omoluabi ( a word is enough 4 d wise)
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by mimohmi(m): 12:09am On Sep 19, 2006
Gentlemen, in as much as we are in this forum to share ideas, I think the aim shouldn't be to
mislead people. If we are not sure of our facts, I don't think it make sense to voice it out. And
for those of us shouting the Khaki boys, remember that the so called khaki boys have being the
unifying factor of this our great country. Like in any group of calling, everybody can not be the same.
Please, let's be objective in our arguments and learn to appreciate our own things. God bless us all.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by imageman(m): 1:45am On Sep 19, 2006
No military boys in government.The purpose of having a military establishment in a nation is to protect and secure territory of a country and not to be stealing leadership of a nation.The military eras is responsible for most of the problems facing the country today.They should stay in the barracks where they belong and not dabble into politics.Any military officers interested in politics should resign from their duties and seek power through the ballots not the bullets.The current political situation in the motherland may not be the best it could be,but is better than any military government you could imagine.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 11:10am On Sep 19, 2006
whether you like it or not na military regime we still dey; but a modified one.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Greycells(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2006
Na lie biko! What is good about da Khaki goons? They looted the treasury silly. Or have ye not heard that $40trillion USD was looted by the same within 45yrs of independence.

God forbid that Nigeria witness another kleptocratic (thieving government) regime.

Anybody, I mean anybody clamouring for khaki rule is a fifth columnist and raabbllee rroouusseer! Bad peeople such, wanna scare foreign ivestors away; wanna keep more Nigerians under da yoke of poverty; wanna reap wherre they did not sow; wanna rape, loot and kill without being questiond!

God forbid dt I make friends with enemies of free speech, enemies of the people and congenitally selfish egotists.

Fire burn! A la Daddy Showkey, all da bad people dreaming such cheesy
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2006
my brother na dem dey rule us oo, and na dem want still come back again; although in a modified manner. They will wear agbada on top of the army uniform to disguise demselves. Just wait and see, unless BABA is impeached if not na another Army man go rule us again as president.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by donjazzie(m): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2006
dat na fat lie
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2006
Have not heard of any such thing.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2006
ishmael what rank were u in the army? send me ur pix too, i should know u so i can flog u anyday i see u
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2006
Chiori:

ishmael what rank were u in the army? send me your pix too, i should know u so i can flog u anyday i see u

cheesy grin laughing, omo you funny oo; so you want to flog me for saying the truth? cheesy grin. I ve never served in the regular Army before; i am a one man Army, if you like call me a REBEL. Would you like to join me??
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2006
Coup: A sudden (illegal) appropriation of leadership or political power.

Therefore, arms are not a required element in coups. Based on rigged elections, King Kong staged a successful coup in 1999. This he repeated in 2003. Of course, there will be another coup next year.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Greycells(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2006
Nah! Nah! Nah! The road to 2003 will be bloody! Yes! But d King Kong u referred to is not the rigger! He has basically fallen out with the crowd of riggers and many of them are leaving PDP in their droves. The PDP will be weaker than usual at the 2007 polls.

Many of the present political office holders want to leave PDP. But they are afraid to leave because of the fear of EFCC. They will end up in the gulag anyway. So so many of the governors, and that is why they all want to be PRESIDENT, to protect their stinking butt and filth lucre!

But Malam Buhari the valiant and no-nonsense corruption crusader is King Kong's joker a la 2007!
Viva EFCC!Viva King Kong reforms & legacy!
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2006
Una don dey gree small small say military still dey rule abi?? OBJ and his cohort are bunch of military in civilian clothes (khaki and carmouflage dey inside their agbada). We just have to be careful oo, else dem go still arrange put demselves there again.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Greycells(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2006
Ishmael! dont twist my post. Never toed ur view point. U are still on ur own!
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2006
G-reycells:

Ishmael! don't twist my post. Never toed your view point. U are still on your own!

I'm with Ishmael, actually.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by momoney1(m): 12:38am On Sep 21, 2006
@ishmael

Una don dey gree small small say military still dey rule abi?? OBJ and his cohort are bunch of military in civilian clothes (khaki and carmouflage dey inside their agbada). We just have to be careful oo, else them go still arrange put demselves there again.

'agree with you this time around
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 6:59am On Sep 21, 2006
Nutter and Mo money, i feel you guys. We are together. Dont mind the other guys that are trying to run away from the truth.
Re: Recent Coup Attempt In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2006
Well, they are only allowed if they rule under a constitutional arrangement. But if they come in by the gun, that is where there will be trouble. Even the USA is ruled by retired military personnel. What would be bad for us is if serving officers hijack government again. That is why I want to know what is happening so I can decide whether to continue as a good citizen, or to pick my gun and become a warlord.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Buhari Wins, I Will Hang Myself / Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery / Rivers State Government Completes Third Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.