Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Who Goes For Omugo 1st. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Goes For Omugo 1st. (1763 Views)

Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her / Meet The Woman Who Goes Into Labour Every Time She Has Her Period / Meet The Woman Who Goes Into Labour Every Time She Has Her Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
OMUGO is a Nigeria tradition where either the husband or the wife's mom goes to take care of her daugter or daughter inlaw and her child when she gives birth. "now When a man's wife just gave birth to her 1st child, who should go for omugo first between the husband's mom and the wife's mom? cc:ishilove, royalboy
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
incase
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by yatch360: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wife's mum

2 Likes

Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Agrika: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wife's mum na
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Twinmama(f): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wife's mum, cos the daughter will feel free to tell her mom what she wants her to do for her. She knows her mum will pamper her, she wont have to be on her toes all day attending to mother inlaw or coking her delicious meal. Her mum wont feel she's being disrespected if her daughter sends her on errands at least for the first two weeks till she's strong to do chores, but u dare not send ur mother inlaw on errand unless u have a unique bond. But depending on the tribe sha. Yoruba it's always the husband's mother, igbos it's always the wife's mum.

4 Likes

Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by blessedqueen(f): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
Twinmama:
Wife's mum, cos the daughter will feel free to tell her mom what she wants her to do for her. She knows her mum will pamper her, she wont have to be on her toes all day attending to mother inlaw or coking her delicious meal. Her mum wont feel she's being disrespected if her daughter sends her on errands at least for the first two weeks till she's strong to do chores, but u dare not send ur mother inlaw on errand unless u have a unique bond. But depending on the tribe sha. Yoruba it's always the husband's mother, igbos it's always the wife's mum.

So correct but dere are sum MIL DAT helps oh

1 Like

Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
Husband's father!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Rachaelfrancis(f): 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
wife's mum of course. can a woman open her legs abi vagina for the husband's mum to be cleaning her up? nah..ur mum alone and if her mum is not alive,she has the right to choose who goes for her omugo. the man has no right to choose for her because he is not de one opening his penis o..he has to let the woman choose. na her right
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by snakebeat: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
Phema:
Husband's father!!!

grin grin
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by OkuDiOver1(f): 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wife's grandfather

1 Like

Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by mekzyjoe(m): 1:23am On Jun 12, 2015
anytin from u shudnt b taken serious angry angry
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 12, 2015
It's omugwo not omugo
The mother to the wife goes first and after her the mother in law can go
Unless her mom is late or unable to go
I have heard of situations where both mothers went at the same time
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
Wife's grandfather
ure nt serious
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Jamean(f): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2015
Preferable the mother of the wife. But a case where the mother of the husband feels disregarded, then let her come for Omugwo.

If I am in that shoe..she will take care of only the baby, while I take care of myself.
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 12, 2015
Jamean:
Preferable the mother of the wife. But a case where the mother of the husband feels disregarded, then let her come for Omugwo.

If I am in that shoe..she will take care of only the baby, while I take care of myself.
LMAO ure funny, is d baby nt ur daughta too and hw can u take care of ur daughta without d baby?
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Jamean(f): 7:41am On Jun 12, 2015
I don't get you...but I mean I won't be comfortable with her bathing me and all...so she can do for the baby. BTW, taking care of oneself upon childbirth is not rocket science, except they were birth complications.

sweetorgasm:
LMAO ure funny, is d baby nt ur daughta too and hw can u take care of ur daughta without d baby?
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Twinmama:

twinmama not dat am derailing ur post, i sent u a pm via d email, i want to enquire some stuffs from. thank you
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by Twinmama(f): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
nunamyeong:

twinmama not dat am derailing ur post, i sent u a pm via d email, i want to enquire some stuffs from. thank you

Hi I'm just seeing this, I will check my mail.
Re: Who Goes For Omugo 1st. by MrsAnyanwu(f): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
What if both parents mother's are late?A sister from both parents can go too .

(1) (Reply)

Why Is That Women Barely Let Go When Angry / Beautiful Photos Of Olori Wuraola-zynab / 23 Things To Do To Keep Your Husband Under The Control Of Your Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.