Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,743 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her (2065 Views)

Father Gives His Daughter Valentine's Day Advice About Not Losing Her Virginity / Lady Vows Not To Put A Call On Silent As She Lost Her Sister (Pics) / Father And Son Both Partner In The Police Department Recreated 20years Old Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by Thisis2raw(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
A Japanese man refused to talk to his wife for 20 years despite living in the same house as her.
Otou Yumi shared the home with his wife, Katayama, and their three children in Nara, southern Japan.
Katayama tried making conversation but only ever received a nod or a grunt in response, Mail Online reported.
The two-decade long silent treatment was revealed by the couple’s son Yoshiki, 18, who wrote to a TV show asking them to intervene.The show brought the pair together in the park where they had their first date, as their emotional children watched on.
'Somehow it's been a while since we talked.“You were so concerned about the kids,” her husband responds, adding. “Yumi up until now, you have endured a lot of hardship. I want you to know I’m grateful for everything.”
As their daughters are seen becoming emotional, Otou goes on to explain that he has been giving her the cold shoulder out of jealously for the attention lavished on the children.
“I was kind of ... jealous. I was sulking about it. There’s no going back now I guess.”

Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by olamide452(f): 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
20years, its not possible

1 Like

Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by Thisis2raw(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
olamide452:
20years, its not possible
A jealous man can do anything
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by Solowande(m): 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
Try dat one with naija woman

2 Likes

Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by Richy4(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
How do they have sex...with signal?....I can just imagine him pointing @ the bed without a word...and the woman meekly obeying..Jezz!!! what am I thinking... lipsrsealed..

2 Likes

Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by kayzat: 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2017
I find it difficult to believe . 20 whole years?

1 Like

Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by MarkGeraldo(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2017
Its not only jealousy buh he was real possessedgrin

Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by keepingmum: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
Awon childish immature boychild! !!! Yet he was sha.gging her and not communicating because the child who reported to the press is 18yrs old.

What type of example does the man feel he is setting for his son?
Anyway, each marriage with its own. Your spouse will only treat u the way u allow him/her to
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by sisisioge: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin another super inhuman wink Asake o raye oshi cool
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by Thisis2raw(m): 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Solowande:
Try dat one with naija woman
wetin naija woman go do?
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by greatgod2012(f): 5:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
Behind closed doors, anything is possible.

Besides, each marriage is distinct,, that's why it's never advisable for one to compare one's marriage with another. So many couples you see outside shinning their teeth as if all is well are facing what can be described as hell in their respective homes.

I was in a wedding few years back and the pastor who preached on that day was narrating how him and his wife was keeping malice for seven good years and they were communicating through letters and messages within the house and the church members did not know because they were always in matching outfits, not knowing it was all pretense to deceive them that all was well. He even said there was a year they even collected award as the best couple of that year, whereas, none of them was happy with and at each other in the house. He said it was the night they collected that award that they settled their differences.

Never compare your spouse with another person, nor compare your marriage with another marriage, you never can tell what happens in their marriage. Work on your own marriage to continually make it better.

May God help us all
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by MrsMurphy(f): 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
@greatgod2012 you just said it all. That's why it's said that marriage has no formula
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by bukatyne(f): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
If the silent treatment was able to produce a baby... well grin

1 Like

Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by mcdokwe(m): 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
I guess they conceived the 18 year old silently too. Interesting!
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by Nickymezor(f): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
Shuo ,this is serious. shocked..Her hubby get mind sha.
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by austinereds(m): 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
the husband is my mentor. silent treatment is super sweet.
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by skeendyke: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
I call it dying in silence.
Re: Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her by crackhaus: 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
Thisis2raw:
A Japanese man refused to talk to his wife for 20 years despite living in the same house as her.
Otou Yumi shared the home with his wife, Katayama, and their three children in Nara, southern Japan.
Katayama tried making conversation but only ever received a nod or a grunt in response, Mail Online reported.
The two-decade long silent treatment was revealed by the couple’s son Yoshiki, 18, who wrote to a TV show asking them to intervene.The show brought the pair together in the park where they had their first date, as their emotional children watched on.
'Somehow it's been a while since we talked.“You were so concerned about the kids,” her husband responds, adding. “Yumi up until now, you have endured a lot of hardship. I want you to know I’m grateful for everything.”
As their daughters are seen becoming emotional, Otou goes on to explain that he has been giving her the cold shoulder out of jealously for the attention lavished on the children.
“I was kind of ... jealous. I was sulking about it.
There’s no going back now I guess.”
And here I thought she did something serious.

Biitch-ass nigga, this one.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With 'picky' Family Members / Should Respect Be Earned Or Given In A Relationship Or Marriage? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.