Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

What's The Science Behind This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Science Behind This (3039 Views)

The Science Of How Boners Work / The Science Behind Why Men Stare At Women's Assets / The Science Behind Female expulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Science Behind This by babakol(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
Don't know where I should post this but ever wondered why the return-trip always feels shorter
than the trip there. You're traveling somewhere it feels like ages before you get there even roads you ply everyday barring traffic jams but when coming back it's very fast and yet nothing changed. The roads are still the same
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
You prolly had you a good dose of anxiety on your way there.
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Oyetboy(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
babakol:
Don't know where I should post this but ever wondered why the return-trip always feels shorter
than the trip there. You're traveling somewhere it feels like ages before you get there even roads you ply everyday barring traffic jams but when coming back it's very fast and yet nothing changed. The roads are still the same
Bro na true ooooo
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Princecalm(m): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
anxiety and curiosity, you always want to know how there looks like or how it has been. It is just the opposite of not wanting to reach a particular place on time while travelling but in just a matter of minutes you find yourself there.
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
That's basically because of anxiety. When humans are anxious about something, they either want it done quickly or they need more time before doing it. So all this causes an imbalance in the way the mind views time at that moment.
More often than not, it would seem time passes by slowly.

But on your way back, you are relaxed. You are not anxious or curious as before. You know you are going to where your mind is accustomed to.
Your perception of time becomes normal.

When I was in school, my trip to Benin would always seem longer than my trip back to Lagos.
This was because there would always be a lot of things on my mind that would cause anxiety. Accomodation, assignments, bills, results to be released first week of resumption and all that.
But on my way back home, I would feel relaxed because I was basically going to back home to rest. No school work, less stress. My subconscious knew it was home I was going to, so it would be calm and perception and processing would be normal.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:
That's basically because of anxiety. When humans are anxious about something, they either want it done quickly or you need more time before doing it. So all this causes an imbalance in the way the mind views time at that moment.

But on your way back, you are relaxed. You are not anxious or curious as before. You know you are going to where your mind is accustomed to.

When I was in school, my trip to Benin would always seem longer than my trip back to Lagos.
This was because there would always be a lot of things on my mind that would cause anxiety. Accomodation, assignments, bills, results to be released first week of resumption and all that.
But on my way back home, I would feel relaxed because I was basically going to back home to rest. No school work, less stress. My subconscious knew it was home I was going to. So it would be calm and perception and processing would be normal.
am kind of having this likeness for you, should i send you pm, are you on whatsap?
Re: What's The Science Behind This by babakol(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:
That's basically because of anxiety. When humans are anxious about something, they either want it done quickly or they need more time before doing it. So all this causes an imbalance in the way the mind views time at that moment.

But on my way back home, I would feel relaxed because I was basically going to back home to rest. No school work, less stress. My subconscious knew it was home I was going to, so it would be calm and perception and processing would be normal.
Hmmmm... Think you're right
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:

am kind of having this likeness for you, should i send you pm, are you on whatsap?

Yes I am on whatsapp. I would also like to meet you too.
But I would rather remain anonymous for now. smiley wink
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
kiss

misssclassy:

Re: What's The Science Behind This by funlord(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
grin It is simply the effect of passing through the " space and time continuum " that you are experiencing! The force is with you!

1 Like

Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chiam55:
kiss
Hey girl, what's up? smiley
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

Hey girl, what's up? smiley

I'm good sweetie, how you been? smiley
Re: What's The Science Behind This by asumo12: 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
OP u don cum Apapa before?

going is shorter while coming back is longer!

why?
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

Yes I am on whatsapp. I would also like to meet you too. But I would rather remain anonymous for now. smiley wink
i thought as much...tnx dearie.
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chiam55:

I am cool, as always. smiley
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chiam55:

I am cool, as always. smiley
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:

smiley
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:

smiley
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Jayjay0(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
That's because you going there for the first time so your expectations are high
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

smiley
many believed you are a guy, if so, i think i have fallen in ......... cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:

many believed you are a guy, if so, i think i have fallen in ......... cool cool cool cool cool

Oh! shocked shocked shocked

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
Novelty. It's the unknown, the unfamiliarity, the unpredictability of the events to transpire, -even if you have been there before. When you are coming back, to some extent, it's predictable, it's the familiar, it's going "home"--loses its novelty.

babakol:
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Abbey2sam(m): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:

misssclassy:

Midehi:

gay alert
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

am serious...cool cool cool cool
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:
am serious...cool cool cool cool
But I am not a guy.
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
Midehi:

Hmmm...alert
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chiam55:

Same PM you claimed doesn't work. Smh
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:

Same PM you claimed doesn't work. Smh

Niqqa shake your dick for all I care undecided angry
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

Lwkmd! Midehi me tooo lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chiam55:

Lwkmd! Midehi me tooo lipsrsealed
babe how far! hope cool hun.
Re: What's The Science Behind This by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

But I am not a guy.
ok if you say so.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland2016: My Take On The Interview Conducted By Fynestboi & His Crew / How To Know If A Girl Likes You. / This Woman Is Awesome But I Hope She Wont Regret Her Actions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.