Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored (16682 Views)

Top 15 Nigerian TV Series You Should Start Binge-watching / New Interesting TV Series You Should Currently Be Watching. / Series Film You Really Loved..... But Didtnt See It To The End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by timpaker(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
joseph1832:
I couldn't agree more. Wasted my megabyte for "my name is Oliver Queen..."

The season one was a bit cool. I think it was after the death of his best friend that the series lost its juice.

The nonsense name of "Oliver Queen" was what made me to develop interest in the series after seeing the preview and the making of the damn film online.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by joseph1832(m): 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
timpaker:

The season one was a bit cool. I think it was after the death of his best friend that the series lost its juice.

The nonsense name of "Oliver Queen" was what made me to develop interest in the series after seeing the preview and the making of the damn film online.
To think that they juxtaposed it with The Flash even made me angrier!.

I'm a big fan of The Flash, not the one in the series, am talking about the cartoon, the one in Justice League. Have you seen Justice League: The Flash Point Paradox?

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
UjSizzle:
So I'm guessing everyone has been in this situation before: You see a series and it looks good. The plot seems promising, cool (even cute) actors, nice script, and maybe free wifi to download weekly. You fall in love with this series and can't wait to watch the next episode.

....And then one day after a few seasons all that enthusiasm dies. You're practically bored brainless with the same thing you once loved and won't be bothered with what's coming next.

Have you been here before (don't lie we know everything)?Which series have you "broken up" with?

Do you know why you lost interest in it?

Please share.

I'll go first.

Dead Relationships
Once Upon A Time (Made me yawn a lot after the first season).

Grey's Anatomy (Darn thing won't end and all that sappy love drama and hexagon were getting annoying).

Criminal Minds (Same shiit all the time).

Gilmore Girls (Sad thing since it was really funny until mama Gilmore's drama became to much to handle).

Charmed (zzzzzzz)

Lost (I got lost. Daz all).

Soon to be nipped in the bud
Salem (if I don't see any action soon ie. someone killing someone, I'll get rid of it).

The vampire diaries (Romance is good; too much romance isn't. Kill somebody please!)

A.D (The bible story is cool but I crave action and it's not happening and Peter smiles too darn much).

Okay. Now your turn cheesy

Grey's anatomy bored you? Wow... Well seems you aren't a fan of drama and romance... I finished Season11 about a month ago...

Well, the series that got me all bored is SCANDALS... Shonda Rhimes lost her grit and Olivia Pope became too predictable, something that is common with most Thrillers

3 Likes

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by timpaker(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
joseph1832:
To think that they juxtaposed it with The Flash even made me angrier!.

I'm a big fan of The Flash, not the one in the series, am talking about the cartoon, the one in Justice League. Have you seen Justice League: The Flash Point Paradox?

Justice league wey I get for my head like my password. I love Flash, he's always boosting of how fast he could outrun light. The Superman in JL is very feeble (I'm sure I can beat him up in the cartoon world with my right hand only grin)

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
timpaker:

Justice league wey I get for my head like my password. I love Flash, he's always boosting of how fast he could outrun light. The Superman in JL is very feeble (I'm sure I can beat him up in the cartoon world with my right hand only grin)

Confam...

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
ideyhere:
One Tree Hill...Jeez that movie just became something else after season 3... And the annoying thing was that my sister insisted on watching it till the end...season 6 abi na 7

Secret Life Of An American Teenager... By the end of season 2, I was wondering 'what the hell did I see in this movie in the first place'?

Will be back to update soon...

These movies were made strictly for Americans because most terms and stuffs are reserved.... Very few NonAmericans like them especially Nigerians... Except from girls of course...

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by joseph1832(m): 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
timpaker:

No doubt. Its not a wonder The Joker called him "Stupid Man" instead of "Superman".

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by timpaker(m): 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
joseph1832:
No doubt. Its not a wonder The Joker called him "Stupid Man" instead of "Superman".

Hehehehehhehehe. Very annoying

Freemanan:

Confam...

There are some series worth banning walahi
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by pickabeau1: 10:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

You learner? If I hear. You've seen 'em all and know 'em all. In fact any series you say ain't worth it definitely isn't worth it tongue

Lol
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
timpaker:

Hehehehehhehehe. Very annoying

There are some series worth banning walahi

Am telling you... 9ja films try pass some

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by ideyhere(f): 11:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Freemanan:

These movies were made strictly for Americans because most terms and stuffs are reserved.... Very few NonAmericans like them especially Nigerians... Except from girls of course...

Well I am a girl...
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by encryptjay(m): 1:40am On Jun 12, 2015
The Vampire Diaries -Maybe I lost interest cos of The Originals grin

Super Natural-stopped watching after the 6th season.

Small Ville-Don't wanna complete it.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by robinicule(m): 6:03am On Jun 12, 2015
seen alotta series to d extent i got eye issues. some arent just worth d time u waste... i remember when korean series was trending then. i would watch a season at wan sitting. that reminds me of 'deadzone' 'rome' 'xena' and so many more to me i would say waste of tv...and u see d new series dey doing now ehn like 'scorpion' 'dominion' 'constantine'...sooo annoying with their amateur characters. u just wont be thrilled enough to see d next episode.....P.S. if u are not watching game of thrones..i take God beg u. go and watch it

....respect to 24...boss of all seasonals at default. a film dat would make u run to buy fuel if nepa carry light...

6 Likes

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 12, 2015
ideyhere:

Well I am a girl...
There is an exception to every general rule.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by cao(f): 6:47am On Jun 12, 2015
There are many shows I simply stopped watching because I just simply stopped - I watch way too much tv.

But, there are 2 shows I gave up on - Glee and Heroes, I forced myself to finish their third seasons and just said no more once their 4th seasons started. I downloaded a few episodes from both shows, but I deleted them weeks later without watching them.

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 7:05am On Jun 12, 2015
Freemanan:

Grey's anatomy bored you? Wow... Well seems you aren't a fan of drama and romance... I finished Season11 about a month ago...

Well, the series that got me all bored is SCANDALS... Shonda Rhimes lost her grit and Olivia Pope became too predictable, something that is common with most Thrillers
I don't mind drama and romance, but that series just got tiring eventually. It's not even like the guys were so cute sef so I'll console myself with their faces undecided

Never seen Scandal. Now I'm sure I won't be seeing it.

Started with Dare Devil yesterday (finally) and after the first episode almost put me to sleep midway, the second isn't very inviting now.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by moneyallowed(m): 7:17am On Jun 12, 2015
UjSizzle:

I don't mind drama and romance, but that series just got tiring eventually. It's not even like the guys were so cute sef so I'll console myself with their faces undecided

Started with Dare Devil yesterday (finally) and after the first episode almost put me to sleep midway, the second isn't very inviting now.
Funny enough the 1st episode is the weakest. After that it gets better, and bloodier
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by cao(f): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2015
UjSizzle, abeg make we no enter fight for Daredevil...I really enjoyed that show.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by robinicule(m): 7:57am On Jun 12, 2015
UjSizzle:

watever u do dont stop daredevil...bear it and thank me later...chilling for d season 2
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2015
moneyallowed:

Funny enough the 1st episode is the weakest. After that it gets better, and bloodier
I'll take your word for it then. Lemme try the 2nd episode today and hope I don't fall asleep.

@Cao. Lol! You are the goddess of tv na. Why won't you like it tongue

@Robinicule. I'll hold you to your words. You think Netflix will release S2 like they did S1?
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by robinicule(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
UjSizzle:

I'll take your word for it then. Lemme try the 2nd episode today and hope I don't fall asleep.

@Cao. Lol! You are the goddess of tv na. Why won't you like it tongue

@Robinicule. I'll hold you to your words. You think Netflix will release S2 like they did S1?
sad
UjSizzle:

@Cao. Lol! You are the goddess of tv na. Why won't you like it @ UjSizzle yes they will by 2016 tongue

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by robinicule(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
@UjSizzle yes they will by 2016 cry
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
UjSizzle:

The first few seasons were amazing. check out 1 and 2. Don't base on this only.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
da Vinci's demon
boys before flower
arrow
Salem
vampire diaries
lost
married again
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by prof800(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2015
Almost all.

I hardly survive the second season. sad sad sad sad

I envy people who are able to follow a series throughout all its seasons. Most times I get tired, bored, lost, or angry like in "SUPERNATURAL". "ARROW" "TVD" "WALKING DEAD"etc.

The only series I was able to complete was "The 4400". But my love for the opening theme song was part of what kept me going till the end. smiley
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by hulkhiharitoz(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
REVOLUTION
GLEE
LOST
SPARTACUS
WITCHES OF THE EAST END
12 MONKEYS
BOONDOCKS
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by febbymi: 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
For me it's got to be vampire diaries and supernatural, the latter just keeps coming up with some tired storyline. Scandal ain't bad, became a bit stale mid season 3 but 4 was okay
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by mrdrizzy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Lost(got lost sef)

supernatural(when i just look at where i am ie s2 and look@where dey are,i just give up,when i wan finish?)

jane d virgin(coool start bt started looking wack)

the affair(rubbish)

betrayal(if i had a gun imma fly to hollywood to kill both the producer and director,shitty)

switched @ birth(whenever i think of watching it get tired)

ps.
This new serie the whispers i wonder why i also sleep while watching it,came out last weeek,had it last week but i just havnt finished it yet

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by parrotibaba(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2015
mrdrizzy:
Lost(got lost sef)

supernatural(when i just look at where i am ie s2 and look@where dey are,i just give up,when i wan finish?)

jane d virgin(coool start bt started looking wack)

the affair(rubbish)

betrayal(if i had a gun imma fly to hollywood to kill both the producer and director,shitty)

switched @ birth(whenever i think of watching it get tired)

ps.
This new serie the whispers i wonder why i also sleep while watching it,came out last weeek,had it last week but i just havnt finished it yet
try watch supernatural reach season 5 first den u go know if u fit continue
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Horlufemi(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Most of these series shouldn't be more than 2~3 seasons long 3max. They just beat around the bush in the middle. They should even be movies.

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by GJames(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
I don't spend too much time on tv series. Once two consecutive episodes annoy me, i end the show.
SHOWS I STOPPED WATCHING:
1. Arrow

2. Agents of shield

3. Blacklist

4. Flash

5. Falling skies

6. Smallville

THOSE I FINISHED/STILL FOLLOWING
1. Lost: started from season 3 though

2. Game of thrones: if you are not watching this, you are OYO

3. Breaking Bad: the most boring series i ever watched, yet i finished it (i don't know why).

4. Gotham

5. The walking dead: this is also geting boring.

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
GJames:
I don't spend too much time on tv series. Once two consecutive episodes annoy me, i end the show.
SHOWS I STOPPED WATCHING:
1. Arrow

2. Agents of shield

3. Blacklist

4. Flash

5. Falling skies

6. Smallville

THOSE I FINISHED/STILL FOLLOWING
1. Lost: started from season 3 though

2. Game of thrones: if you are not watching this, you are OYO

3. Breaking Bad: the most boring series i ever watched, yet i finished it (i don't know why).

4. Gotham

5. The walking dead: this is also geting boring.
Pls watch d second season of agents of shield!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Favorite Commercials / Profile Of Dotun, BBNaija Season 7 Housemate / Download Lionheart Movie By  genevieve Nnaji direct download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.